523 Best Movie Trivia Questions and Answers for Your Oscars Party
Whether you’re a movie buff or have a group of friends who like movies, these movie trivia questions and answers will test your knowledge.
Movies are truly the best source of entertainment, especially when you’re with your friends because it’s fun to discuss and debate movies with them. Many movies teach us about the different types of people present in this world, the bonds between us, love, family, and friends.
There are a variety of movie quiz questions here. All kinds of genres are covered, from classic Disney movies to James Bond, Star Wars, and Harry Potter. Whether easy or hard, these movie trivia questions and answers will challenge and stump you and all of your friends who love movies.
Best Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Find out how many movie trivia questions you can answer correctly by putting your film knowledge to the test. Plus, find out what your favorite movies are all about! Have a look at the best movie trivia questions and answers!
1. For what movie did Steven Spielberg win his first Oscar for Best Director?
Answer: Schindler’s List.
2. Who played Martin Luther King Jr. in the 2014 biopic Selma?
Answer: David Oyelowo.
3. Who directed Boris Karloff in the classics Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein?
Answer: James Whale.
4. What infamous 1980 box-office bomb ruined the career of The Deer Hunter director Michael Cimino?
Answer: Heaven’s Gate.
5. For what movie did Tom Hanks score his first Academy Award nomination?
6. What 1927 musical was the first talkie?
Answer: The Jazz Singer.
7. What’s the name of the skyscraper in Die Hard?
Answer: Nakatomi Plaza.
8. What flavor of Pop Tarts does Buddy the Elf use in his spaghetti in Elf?
9. What shocking Wes Craven horror movie carried the marketing tagline, To avoid fainting, keep repeating, ‘It’s only a movie…’?
Answer: The Last House on the Left.
10. What are the dying words of Charles Foster Kane in Citizen Kane?
11. Who played Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate?
Answer: Anne Bancroft.
12. What was the first feature-length animated movie ever released?
Answer: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
13. What American writer/director starred in several iconic European-produced Spaghetti Westerns?
Answer: Clint Eastwood.
14. Who played Juror Number 8 in 12 Angry Men?
Answer: Henry Fonda.
15. The head of what kind of animal is front-and-center in an infamous scene from The Godfather?
Answer: A horse.
16. What TV show was Jack Nicholson referencing when he ad-libbed Here’s Johnny! in The Shining?
Answer: The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.
17. What critically panned 1984 country-musical comedy starring Dolly Parton and Sylvester Stallone eventually became a cult classic?
18. Who played park owner John Hammond in Jurassic Park?
Answer: Richard Attenborough.
19. In The Matrix, does Neo take the blue pill or the red pill?
20. What pop vocal group performs at the wedding in Bridesmaids?
Answer: Wilson Phillips.
21. What is the name of the courtesan played by Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge!
22. In what 1950 drama does Bette Davis say, Fasten your seatbelts; it’s going to be a bumpy night?
Answer: All About Eve.
23. The theme from The Third Man (also called The Harry Lime Theme was performed on what instrument?
24. Marlon Brando could have been a contender in what iconic 1954 crime drama?
Answer: On the Waterfront.
25. What famous L.A. landmark is heavily featured in Rebel Without a Cause?
Answer: Griffith Observatory.
26. What real-life on-again off-again Hollywood power couple starred in the film who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Answer: Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.
27. In what 1976 thriller does Robert De Niro famously say You talkin’ to me?
Answer: Taxi Driver.
28. What’s the name of the anthemic dance near the beginning of The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
Answer: The Time Warp.
29. What words are written on the knuckles of Reverend Harry Powell (Robert Mitchum) in The Night of the Hunter?
Answer: Love and hate.
30. What Hollywood movie star plays himself in Zombieland?
Answer: Bill Murray.
Random Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Gather the gang around and put your smarts to the test with these random movie trivia questions and answers. Take our movie trivia quiz to see how well you know the film industry.
1. For which 1964 musical blockbuster did Julie Andrews win the Academy Award for Best Actress?
Answer: Mary Poppins.
2. What is the highest-grossing R-rated movie of all time?
3. What 1994 crime film revitalized John Travolta’s career?
Answer: Pulp Fiction.
4. Who voiced the sultry Jessica Rabbit in Who’s Afraid of Roger Rabbit?
Answer: Kathleen Turner.
5. Which movie was incorrectly announced as the winner of Best Picture at the 2017 Academy Awards, during the greatest Oscars flub of all time?
Answer: La La Land.
6. In Risky Business, what song did Tom Cruise famously lip-sync to in his underwear?
Answer: Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger.
7. Who is the only actor to receive an Oscar nomination for acting in a Lord of the Rings movie?
Answer: Ian McKellen.
8. Who took over the role of Bruce Wayne’s love interest Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight, following Katie Holmes’s exit after Batman Begins?
Answer: Maggie Gyllenhaal.
9. What song plays over the opening credits of Guardians of the Galaxy?
Answer: Come and Get Your Love by Redbone.
10. Who wrote the famous, scary theme music from Halloween?
Answer: John Carpenter.
11. What animated classic was the first film of the late-twentieth-century Disney Renaissance?
Answer: The Little Mermaid.
12. In Apocalypse Now, Robert Duvall says, I love the smell of _____ in the morning.
13. What is the name of Quint’s shark-hunting boat in Jaws?
Answer: The Orca.
14. Jennifer Lawrence won a Best Actress Academy Award for what 2012 romantic comedy/drama?
Answer: Silver Linings Playbook.
15. The Battle of Thermopylae served as the basis of what highly stylized 2006 smash hit swords-and-sandals action flick?
16. Which famous film composer wrote the music for Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman?
Answer: Danny Elfman.
17. What’s the name of Charlie Chaplin’s most famous, recurring character?
Answer: The Tramp.
18. Aaron Sorkin won an Oscar for writing what 2010 drama about the creation of Facebook?
Answer: The Social Network.
19. Which 1948 Alfred Hitchcock movie starred James Stewart and was shot to look like one continuous take?
20. Which 1927 war drama was the first movie to ever win Best Picture?
21. The stage play Everybody Comes to Rick’s was adapted for the screen to become what 1942 Best Picture winner?
22. Who is the first actor to play Jack Ryan on screen?
Answer: Alec Baldwin.
23. What was Audrey Hepburn’s birth name?
Answer: Audrey Kathleen Ruston.
24. Joaquin Phoenix received his first Oscar nomination for playing Roman emperor Commodus in what 2000 Oscar-winning epic?
25. Who played the Unsinkable Molly Brown in Titanic?
Answer: Kathy Bates.
26. In the action thriller Speed, why is Annie (Sandra Bullock)’s driver’s license suspended?
Answer: She was speeding.
27. In what 1979 James Bond movie does the famous spy go to outer space?
28. Who played iconic femme fatale Phyllis Dietrichson in classic 1946 film noir Double Indemnity?
Answer: Barbara Stanwyck.
29. What is the model of revolver made famous by Clint Eastwood’s Dirty Harry Callahan?
Answer: Smith & Wesson Model 29.44 Magnum.
Fun Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Now let’s take a look at some easy movie trivia questions and answers, which’ll surely bring laughter to the whole family! How well do you know these fun movie trivia questions?
1. For which movie did Tim Burton train 40 squirrels to crack nuts for, rather than use CGI?
Answer: ‘Charlie And The Chocolate Factory’.
2. Arnold Schwarzenegger debuted in 1970 with which film?
Answer: Hercules in New York.
3. During inflation which movie has the highest-grossing?
Answer: Gone With the Wind.
4. Who is the first black woman to win the best actress Oscar?
Answer: Halle Berry.
5. What song is played in the title sequence of ‘Guardian of Galaxy’?
Answer: Come and Get Your Love.
6. Which movie depicted the battle scenes of D-Day so realistically that it caused Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in combat Veterans when they watched it?
Answer: ‘Saving Private Ryan’.
7. Which Disney movie features the You Can Fly song?
Answer: ‘Peter Pan’.
8. Which comedy film starring Marilyn Monroe ends with the punchline Well, nobody is perfect?
Answer: Some Like it Hot.
9. Which actor has voiced the character of Genie in Aladdin?
Answer: Robin Williams.
10. In which movie, was the sound of a Russian train’s toilet flushing used as the sound of automatic doors opening?
Answer: ‘Star Trek’.
11. In which movie did Leonardo DiCaprio have to devour a raw slab of bison’s liver, despite being a vegetarian?
Answer: ‘ The Revenant’.
12. How many ‘Star Wars’ movies are there?
13. Which movie has a scene of two seconds of footage that took months to create?
Answer: ‘Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen’.
14. Which movie’s director was arrested for murder and had to prove himself innocent by calling in the actors that were murdered?
Answer: ‘Cannibal Holocaust’.
15. Which movie is the most death-packed film ever made with an average of five people dying every minute?
16. What power is possessed by Violet in The Incredibles?
17. Which movie has a Starbucks cup in every single scene in the movie?
Answer: ‘Fight Club’.
18. Which is the First US film to Feature a toilet flushing?
19. After which movie did the sale of pet rats increase rapidly?
20. The directors of which movie wrote a new language, that the minions speak throughout the movie?
Answer: ‘Despicable Me’
21. What was the name of the first film in the ‘Harry Potter’ series?
Answer: ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’.
22. Which film’s makeup and hairstyling won an Oscar despite the makeup budget being only $250
Answer: ‘Dallas Buyers Club’.
23. In which movie did Keanu Reeves learn Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, marksmanship and driving, and performed about 95% of the fight scenes himself?
Answer: ‘John Wick: Chapter 2’.
24. In which movie was the iconic DeLorean time machine originally a refrigerator?
Answer: ‘Back To The Future’.
25. When adjusted for inflation, which is the highest-grossing movie of all time?
Answer: ‘Gone With The Wind’.
26. Steven Callahan, a real shipwreck survivor, helped film which movie as a technical advisor?
Answer: ‘Life Of Pi’.
27. The roar made by a famous sci-fi creature was created by rubbing leather gloves on the strings of a musical instrument. Which sci-fi movie was this iconic roar from?
Answer: ‘Godzilla’ (1954).
28. Which movies have over 24 minutes of just staring in them?
Answer: ‘Twilight’ series.
Classic Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Here are classic movie trivia questions to challenge all of the movie fans. Have a look at the following list of movie quizzes that will amaze your friends.
1. In the movie Cloverfield, what city gets trashed?
Answer: New York.
2. Sylvester the cartoon cat is always trying to catch a little yellow canary, what is its name?
Answer: Tweetie Pie.
3. What actor rides the bucking bull named sunshine in Sam Peckinpah’s Junior Bonner?
Answer: Steve McQueen.
4. What black actor played the part of Nelson Mandela in The Long Walk to Freedom?
Answer: Morgan Freeman.
5. How is Jane Fonda related to Bridget Fonda?
6. In what Disney Cartoon feature do the characters Frozone, Syndrome, and Bomb Voyage appear?
Answer: The Incredibles.
7. What do Bob Hope, Jane Seymour, and Anthony Hopkins have in common?
Answer: All gave up their British citizenship to obtain American citizenship.
8. How are Jeanne Crain, Ann-Margret, and Janet Gaynor connected?
Answer: All three played the same role in various versions of State Fair.
9. Who was it that said Too much of a good thing is wonderful?
Answer: Mae West.
10. Houdini was played by who in the 1953 movie about the famous magician?
Answer: Tony Curtis.
11. The wartime documentaries December 7th and The Battle of Midway were directed by what famous American Director?
Answer: John Ford.
12. The 2006 movie World Trade Center was directed by whom?
Answer: Oliver Stone.
13. What character did Leonardo DiCaprio play in the movie Titanic?
Answer: Jack Dawson
14. The Jets and the Sharks are in what Oscar-winning movie?
Answer: West Side Story.
15. Elvis Presley played a Red Indian in what movie?
Answer: Stay Away Joe.
16. Who played the Queen Mother in the 2006 movie The Queen?
Answer: Sylvia Sims.
17. What was used for riot control in the movie Soylent Green?
Answer: The Scoups – Earth moving vehicles.
18. Who played Julie’s best friend in the film I Still Know What You Did Last Summer?
19. What is the name of Gary Cooper’s character in Mr. Deeds Goes to Town?
20. What do British actresses Googie Withers, Margaret Lockwood and Angela Thorne have in common?
Answer: They were all born in Karachi, Pakistan.
21. Who did Steve Martin marry in 1986 and divorce in 1994?
Answer: Victoria Tennant.
22. Who was it who said in a movie a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down?
Answer: Mary Poppins.
23. Which movie actor was dubbed the Muscles from Brussels?
Answer: Jean Claude Van Dam.
24. What do Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, and Bette Davis have in common?
Answer: They all adopted daughters.
25. In the movie Moby Dick, what is the name of Gregory Peck’s ship?
Answer: The Pequod.
26. Who is always trying to catch the cartoon character The Road Runner?
Answer: Wile E. Coyote
27. In the movie The Green Mile, what was the name of the prison mouse?
Answer: Mr. Jingles.
28. How are Russell Crowe, Errol Flynn, and Will Smith connected?
Answer: They played world heavyweight boxing champs.
29. What kind of bird is the cartoon character Tweetie Pie?
Answer: A Canary.
30. Attack of the Clones is from what science fiction story?
Answer: Star Trek.
31. What have actors and actresses George Lucas, Marlon Brando, Hedy Lamarr, and Jamie Lee Curtis all done?
Answer: Patented Inventions.
Easy Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Even if you are not a die-hard fan of movies, don’t worry, you can still have fun with this game by starting with easy movie quiz questions. Check yourself below.
1. Which actor starred in the 1961 movie The Hustler?
Answer: Paul Newman.
2. Which James Bond movie was the first for Pierce Brosnan as 007?
3. What year did Sean Connery star in the James Bond movie Dr. No?
4. What is a nickname for the Academy Awards?
Answer: The Oscars.
5. In what year was Jim Carrey’s first film released?
6. Which movie is the first non-English language film to win an Oscar for Best Picture?
7. Who was the first solo female host of the Oscars?
Answer: Whoopi Goldberg.
8. Which film written, directed, and produced by James Cameron went on to become the highest-grossing film of its time?
9. Who directed the movie Schindler’s List?
Answer: Steven Spielberg.
10. How many Oscars did the film Schindler’s List win?
11. What animal was framed in the unfinished paint-by-number in Rizzo’s room in Grease?
Answer: A horse.
12. What was the name of the boat in Jaws?
13. What are the names of the stepsisters from Disney’s Cinderella?
Answer: Anastasia & Drizella.
14. Which six films are the only horror movies to ever compete for an Oscar?
Answer: The Exorcist (1974), Jaws (1976), The Silence of the Lambs (1991), The Sixth Sense (1999), Black Swan (2010), and Get Out (2017).
15. In the Disney film The Little Mermaid, what does Ariel call the fork in her collection of human objects?
16. Which Disney princess dresses up as a man to save her father?
17. Who was the only non-Jedi in the original Star Wars trilogy to use a lightsaber?
Answer: Han Solo.
18. Approximately how many languages can C-3PO speak in Star Wars?
Answer: 6 million.
19. In Rogue One, what is the Empire removing from the holy city on Jedha?
Answer: Kyber Crystal.
20. What was the name of the character Jack Nicholson played in the film One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest?
Answer: Randle Patrick McMurphy
21. Who was the first African American to win the Academy Award for best actor?
Answer: Sidney Poitier.
22. For which films did Tom Hanks receive an Academy Award for Best Actor?
Answer: Philadelphia (1994) & Forrest Gump (1995).
23. Which Disney movie was the first full-length, animated feature produced in the United States?
Answer: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937).
24. Who played the voice of Dory in the film Finding Dory?
Answer: Ellen DeGeneres.
25. What is the highest-grossing animated film in history?
Answer: Frozen 2.
26. Which actress won an Oscar for her first film role in Mary Poppins?
Answer: Julie Andrews.
27. Which plant was actress Uma Turman named after in the film Batman & Robin?
28. Which 1994 film won an Oscar for Best Costume Design?
Answer: The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
29. What is Indiana Jones’ weapon of choice?
Answer: A whip.
30. Which Indiana Jones film sparked the controversy that led to the creation of the PG-13 rating?
Answer: Temple of Doom.
31. How old was Indiana Jones when his mother died?
32. What popular Disney character makes an appearance as a stuffed animal in the film Frozen?
Answer: Mickey Mouse.
33. Who was the first actress to ever win an Academy Award?
Answer: Janet Gaynor.
Hard Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
If you’ve finished the above category and looking for something more difficult to distinguish you, these picks are especially good. Have a look at the following hard movie trivia questions and answers.
1. What is Stephen King’s top-grossing movie?
Answer: The Shining.
2. What is the symbolism of the crow crowing three times in the Godfather movies?
3. In the film Rocky, what are Rocky’s pet turtles’ names?
Answer: Cuff & Link.
4. What kind of flower was enchanted and dying in the movie Beauty and the Beast?
Answer: A rose.
5. How many Academy Awards has actress Meryl Streep been nominated for, and how many has she won?
Answer: She has been nominated 21 times and won 3 Oscars.
6. What is the name of Repunzal’s chameleon in Disney’s movie Tangled?
7. Which actor danced his way to fame in the original version of Footloose?
Answer: Kevin Bacon.
8. In The Fellowship of the Ring, what is the name of the ferry the hobbits use to escape the black riders?
Answer: Bucklebury Ferry.
9. Where was the entire trilogy of Lord of the Rings filmed?
Answer: New Zealand.
10. How old was the actress Kate Hudson in the film Almost Famous?
11. In what year was the film Good Will Hunting released?
12. How many movies are in the Jurassic Park series?
13. Who played Keyser Soze in the film The Usual Suspects?
Answer: Kevin Spacey.
14. What were the children’s names in Mary Poppins?
Answer: Jane & Michael Banks.
15. In the movie The Usual Suspects, what is the greatest trick the devil ever pulled?
Answer: Convincing the world he didn’t exist.
16. What was Burt’s profession in Mary Poppins?
Answer: Chimney Sweeper.
17. What is the very first animal seen in Disney’s The Lion King?
18. How many Nicholas Sparks books have been adapted into films?
19. What year did Noah and Ally meet in the film The Notebook?
20. What animal is the handle of Mary Poppins’ umbrella?
Answer: A parrot.
21. Who starred as Private Ryan in the movie Saving Private Ryan?
Answer: Matt Damon.
22. During which war is Saving Private Ryan set?
23. How many Oscars was the film Saving Private Ryan nominated for?
24. Who played Celie in the movie The Color Purple?
Answer: Whoopi Goldberg.
25. In the film Titanic, where was Jack Dawson from?
Answer: Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.
26. What was the treasure hunter team searching for in the ruins of the Titanic in the film Titanic?
Answer: The Heart of the Ocean, a necklace.
27. In The Matrix, on what level do Neo and Trinity stop the elevator after the lobby shootout?
28. Who directed the horror film Psycho?
Answer: Alfred Hitchcock.
29. Who was the first character to die in the horror film Psycho 3?
Answer: A nun.
30. In which American city does the film Psycho begin?
Answer: Phoenix, Arizona.
31. What is the name of Edward Norton’s character in Fight Club?
Answer: He does not have a name.
32. What is the name of the possessed hotel in the horror film The Shining?
Answer: The Overlook Hotel.
33. What does red rum stand for in The Shining?
Answer: It is murder spelled backward.
General Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
How about showing off your showbiz savvy at your next virtual game night or Netflix party? Is your next Oscars party in need of pre-game entertainment? Let’s start with general movie trivia questions and answers!
1. Which film is about a jazz pianist Sebastian and actress Mia who fall in love with each other in Los Angeles?
Answer: ‘La La Land’.
2. Which movie was based on Jordan Belfort, the former stockbroker, and a convicted felon?
Answer: ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’.
3. In which movie did all the infinity stones first appear in the Marvel cinematic universe?
Answer: ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’.
4. Which was the first comic book and superhero film to be nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards?
Answer: ‘Black Panther’.
5. Which movie devised a new technology called ’12-wire rig’ for its making?
6. What is the name of the fourth film of the ‘Mad Max’ series, set in the year 2060?
Answer: ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’.
7. In which movie did Captain America lift Thor’s hammer (mjölnir)?
Answer: ‘Avengers: Endgame’.
8. In which movie does Frida Kahlo’s spirit call Dante ‘Yolo’?
9. In which movie was the paradoxical stairs inspired by the art of M.C Escher?
10. Richard Kind portrayed the character of Bing Bong in which movie?
Answer: ‘Inside Out’ (2015).
11. Which animated film’s art design is intended to reflect a ’50s Broadway musical?
Answer: ‘Inside Out’ (2015).
12. In which movie was Thor’s new weapon (the Stormbreaker) first seen?
Answer: ‘Avengers: Infinity War’.
13. Which movie won the Academy Award for the Best Animated Feature Film in 2019?
Answer: ‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’.
14. In which movie did the Avengers break up, like the band?
Answer: ‘Captain America: Civil War’.
15. Which was the first Marvel movie where all six Avengers came together?
Answer: ‘The Avengers’.
16. At the end of which movie were humans seen colonizing the orbit of Saturn near the wormhole?
17. Which movie was the last movie of the ‘Harry Potter’ series?
Answer: ‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2’.
18. Which movie, starring Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield, was based on Mark Zuckerberg’s, Facebook?
Answer: ‘The Social Network’.
19. Which movie won the first Academy Award for Best Picture?
Answer: ‘Wings’ (1927).
20. Which movie won the Critic’s Choice Movie Award for the Best Sci-Fi/ Horror film in 2018?
Answer: ‘Get Out’.
21. What’s the most expensive film ever made?
Answer: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Strangers Tides
22. Which animation movie has shown the influence of six forms of martial arts?
Answer: Raya and the Last Dragon.
23. Which author has the most number of films based on his books?
Answer: Stephen King
24. Which movie used cursed words for the first time in the history of cinema?
Answer: The Wolf of Wall Street
25. Which movie is written in just 2 weeks?
Answer: Taxi Driver
26. Which Carin Terrier earned more than the movie cast in Wizard of Oz?
Answer: Terry playing the role of Toto.
27. Which serial killer inspired three famous horror movies?
Answer: Ed Gein
28. The movie breaking the norms of not flushing toilets on the TV screen was broken in which year?
Answer: In 1960.
29. What’s the time span of the first narrative movie?
Answer: 12 minutes
30. Which famous fiction was filmed in reverse?
Answer: ‘ Pulp Fiction’
31. When was the first drive-in theatre opened?
Answer: In 1993.
Famous Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Do you consider yourself a movie buff? It’s great to have you here! Here are some famous movie trivia questions to test your general knowledge of movies.
1. In which movie the character awakens to a future where he’s the most intelligent person alive?
2. Who is the voice of Alex, the Lion in Madagascar?
Answer: Ben Stiller.
3. What is the name of one of the most acclaimed international directors that directed Snowpiercer, Okja and Paradise?
Answer: Bong Joon Ho.
4. Which Steven Spielberg movie has various references in it to the greatest pop culture movies like The Iron Giant, Tron, The Shining, Back To The Future and Lord of The Rings?
Answer: The teaser for Metaverse. Yes, it’s Ready Player One.
5. Which director is the only one with a completed trilogy on MCU?
Answer: Jon Wattson with the freshest Spider-Man trilogy.
6. Which Don’t Look Up actor stated that the notion for the character was What if Fyre Festival was a person??
Answer: Jonah Hill for the Josan Orlean.
7. What is Jack-Jack’s real name in The Incredibles?
Answer: It’s John Jackson.
8. Al Pacino plays the devil in Devil’s Advocate, but in which movie the devil is played by his ‘rival’, Robert De Niro?
Answer: Angel Heart.
9. Which superstar of Charlie’s Angels was high-school friends with Snoop Dogg?
Answer: Cameron Diaz.
10. Which comedian did not learn to swim before he was 55 although the pool that he has in his home?
Answer: Chris Rock.
11. Which masterpiece of film-noir movie’s tagline is From the moment they met it was murder.?
Answer: Double Indemnity.
12. Which famous actor said, I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime.?
Answer: He’s Keanu Reeves. Who else could it be to say so, right?
13. What song Mr. Blonde was dancing to in the unforgettable torture scene in Tarantino’s Reservoir Dogs?
Answer: Stuck in the Middle with You by Stealers Wheel.
14. Which female artist has the most Academy award?
Answer: Edith Head has 8 Oscars for Costume Design.
15. Who is one of the 6 directors that has won the Best Director Award with a debut movie?
Answer: Sam Mendes with American Beauty.
16. Who built the Jigsaw doll?
Answer: Director James Wan himself.
17. Who played Van Gogh in At Eternity’s Gate?
Answer: Willem Dafoe.
18. Which movie’s tagline is They’re young, they’re in love, and they kill people.
Answer: Bonnie and Clyde.
19. Which Christopher Nolan movie has a David Bowie song playing in it?
Answer: Mind-twisting Memento. Something In The Air is the song.
20. Which movie has become the first film to cost $200 million and to earn more than $1 billion worldwide?
Answer: James Cameron’s Titanic. What else could it be?
21. What is the name of the iconic Chuck Berry song that was used in the twist dance scene in Pulp Fiction?
Answer: You Can Never Tell. Take your shoes off while listening.
22. Who is the youngest Best Actor Academy Award winner?
Answer: Adrien Brody with his astonishing performance at The Pianist. He was 29.
23. Who is the director of Saw, Aquaman, and Furious 7?
Answer: James Wan.
24. Which modern horror classic’s Swahili language main theme song’s lyrics are translated into English as Brother, Listen to the ancestors, Run!, You need to run far!?
Answer: Get Out. They should have checked the lyrics of the songs they listen to, right?
25. Whose liver did Hannibal Lector eat aside fava beans and a nice chianti in the film The Silence of the Lambs?
Answer: A census taker.
26. What is the psychiatrist’s name at the prison where Hannibal Lector lives in The Silence of the Lambs?
Answer: Dr. Chilton.
27. What dress size was Catherine Martin in The Silence of the Lambs?
28. What is Scarlett O’Hara’s first name in Gone With the Wind?
29. In the movie Gone With the Wind, which Oscar-winning actress played Mammy?
Answer: Hattie McDaniel.
30. How did Scarlett and Rhett’s daughter die in Gone With the Wind?
Answer: She fell off her pony.
31. What was Scarlett and Rhett’s daughter’s name in the film Gone With the Wind?
Horror Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Our horror movie trivia questions include everything from the genre’s most famous frights to some truly chilling behind-the-scenes tales. Take a closer look at the following list of horror movie trivia questions and answers!
1. What was a 1953 horror film remade in 2005 with Paris Hilton in the lead role?
Answer: House of Wox.
2. Who published ‘An American Werewolf in London’ in 1981?
Answer: John Landis.
3. What iconic horror film was dubbed The Babysitter Murders at one point?
4. Which classic horror film stars a serial killer dressed as William Shatner?
5. What horror film used the following tagline? In space, no one can hear you scream.
6. What Is the Highest-Grossing Stephen King Film Adaptation to Date?
Answer: 2017 remake of IT.
7. What horror film of Georges Méliès is commonly regarded as the world’s first horror film?
Answer: Le Manoir du diable.
8. What television series is based on a concept for an unproduced episode of The X-Files?
Answer: Final Destination.
9. When Carrie (1976) takes the stage after her election as Prom Queen, bullies douse her in what animal’s blood?
10. What film was A Quiet Place initially intended to be a sequel to?
11. What is the actual name of Pinhead in Clive Barker’s original novel, The Hellbound Heart?
Answer: Hell Priest.
12. What eerie film is credited with coining the notorious phrase, Do you like horror movies?
Answer: Scream 1996.
13. The synopsis below most accurately represents what horror film? A research team in Antarctica is hunted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of its victims.
Answer: The Thing.
14. In which horror film does the phrase the power of Christ compels you. appear?
Answer: The Exorcist.
15. In the original A Nightmare on Elm Street, what is Nancy’s address?
Answer: 1428 Elm Street.
16. Which horror film’s tagline is We dare you to say his name five times?
18. In which film did Annabelle the doll make her debut?
Answer: The Conjuring.
19. What was Jason’s original name on Friday the 13th?
20. Which horror film franchise is the longest-running?
Answer: Friday the 13th.
21. What was Steven Spielberg’s inspiration for the name of the artificial shark in ‘Jaws,’ and who was it modelled after?
Answer: Bruce; lawyer.
22. On the first Friday the 13th film, how many people does Jason murder?
23. What Is The Exorcist’s Demon’s Name?
24. What is the name of the camp where Jason Voorhees drowns in the Friday the 13th series?
Answer: Camp Crystal Lake.
25. What was the twentieth century’s first American horror film?
26. What arms does Leatherface prefer?
27. What is the name of the clown in ‘The Devil’s Rejects’?
Answer: Captain Spaulding.
28. Which real-life serial murderer is indirectly based on Psycho?
Answer: Ed Gein.
29. What heinous beast was the subject of 2007’s ‘Rogue’?
30. What is the actual name of Chucky in ‘Child’s Play’?
Answer: Charles Lee Ray.
31. In Brad Pitt’s Se7en film, who is assassinated for the deadly sin of pride?
Answer: A model.
Disney Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Would you like to add a little magic to your game night? Zip-a-dee-doo-dah because the following Disney movie trivia questions will only be answered by die-hard Disney fans.
1. What is the name of Jasmine’s pet tiger in Aladdin?
2. What is the name of the character who has no memory in the movie Finding Nemo?
3. In the movie Brave, what is the name of the bear antagonist?
4. What is the name of the antagonist from ‘The Little Mermaid’?
5. Cinderella and Belle are characters in what Disney movie?
Answer: Sleeping Beauty.
6. Who plays the Genie in the 2019 live-action adaptation of ‘Aladdin’?
Answer: Will Smith.
7. Who was the man to marry Pocahontas?
Answer: John Smith.
8. Woody and Buzz are characters from which Disney movie?
Answer: The movie Toy Story.
9. Tinkerbell is the magical fairy that is always helping which Disney character?
Answer: Peter Pan.
10. Who was the first Disney villain?
Answer: The Evil Queen in Snow White.
11. How many dwarfs does Snow White live with?
12. What’s the name of the song that Cinderella and Prince Charming dance to?
Answer: So this is love.
13. How many sisters does Ariel have?
14. What type of animals own the ice cream shop in Zootopia?
Answer: An elephant.
15. In the movie Alice and Wonderland, what is the appearing character that seems to guide Alice?
Answer: The Cheshire cat.
16. Who is the lazy bear featured in the Disney movie, The Jungle Book?
17. Princess Aurora is a character from which Disney movie?
18. What is the name of Simba’s father in The Lion King?
19. Boo is a character from which Disney Pixar film?
Answer: Monsters, Inc.
20. Who is one of the only Disney princesses to have hazel eyes?
21. What song was almost cut from The Little Mermaid?
Answer: Part of Your World.
22. In the movie Frozen, how many brothers does Hans have?
Answer: Twelve brothers.
23. Which one of the Disney Characters was played by Mike Meyers?
24. Who visits the workshop and brings Pinocchio back to life?
Answer: A blue fairy.
25. Who was the first Disney princess to appear in a movie?
Answer: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
26. Who is the youngest Disney princess?
Answer: Snow White.
27. Who is the only Disney princess who isn’t considered to be royalty?
28. What is the name of the snake in The Jungle Book?
29. In the movie Beauty and the Beast, what is the name of the princess?
30. In the movie Cars, what is the name of the main character?
Answer: Lightning McQueen.
Marvel Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Marvel fans, assemble! You’ve probably seen every Marvel Studios movie or series on Disney+ at least once, so this trivia quiz is for you. Explore Marvel Cinematic Universe trivia questions and answers!
1. Who is Peter Parker’s best friend?
Answer: His best friend is Ned Leeds.
2. What country are Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver from?
Answer: They are from the country, Sokovia.
3. The Flerkens are a race of extremely dangerous aliens that resembles what?
Answer: They look like cats.
4. Before becoming Vision, what is the name of Iron Man’s A.I. butler?
Answer: His butler is named J.A.R.V.I.S.
5. What’s the name of the helpful AI Tony Stark invented to replace J.A.R.V.I.S.?
Answer: The replacement was named F.R.I.D.A.Y.
6. What year was the first Iron Man movie released, kicking off the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
7. What is the name of Thor’s hammer?
Answer: The name of his hammer is Mjolnir.
8. What is Captain America’s shield made out of?
Answer: His shield is made of Vibranium.
9. Who was the last holder of the Space Stone before Thanos claims it for his Infinity Gauntlet?
Answer: Loki was the last holder of the Space Stone.
10. Who can lift Thor’s hammer?
Answer: Captain America can lift Thor’s hammer.
11. What fake name does Natasha use when she first meets Tony?
Answer: Natalie Rushman is the fake name she uses with Tony.
12. What does Thor want another of when he’s in the diner?
Answer: Thor wants another cup of coffee.
13. Which S.H.E.I.L.D. building is located in Washington, D.C.?
Answer: The Triskelion is the building in D.C.
14. Where does Peggy tell Steve she wants to meet him for a dance, before he plunges into the ice?
Answer: The Stork Club.
15. In the Incredible Hulk, what does Tony tell Thaddeus Ross at the end of the film?
Answer: Tony tells him that they are putting a team together.
16. What is the real name of the Black Panther?
Answer: The real name of the Black Panther is T’Challa.
17. What museum has a Captain American exhibit?
Answer: The Smithsonian has an exhibit on Captain America.
18. What is the name of the little boy Tony befriends while stranded in the Iron Man 3?
Answer: Harley is the boy that Tony ends up befriending.
19. What is Tony Stark’s dad’s name?
Answer: Howard Stark is Tony’s father.
20. Where do Lady Sif and Volstagg keep the Reality Stone after the Dark Elves tried to steal it?
Answer: To the Collector.
21. What does the Winter Soldier say after Steve recognizes him for the first time?
Answer: Who the hell is Bucky?
22. What is the alien race Loki sends to invade Earth in The Avengers?
Answer: The Chitauri invaded earth.
23. About which city do Hawkeye and Black Widow often reminisce?
24. What comic book did Spider-Man first appear in?
Answer: Spider-Man, created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, first appeared in
Amazing Fantasy #15.
25. What Is the Name of Thor’s Axe?
Answer: Stormbreaker is the name of the axe.
26. Who does the Mad Titan sacrifice to acquire the Soul Stone?
Answer: Gamora is the sacrifice.
27. What species did Loki discover he is?
Answer: Frost Giants.
Christmas Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Do you think you know your holiday movies? Don’t be fooled by these Christmas movie trivia questions, they’ll challenge you! So, without wasting the time, test your knowledge with the following Christmas movies quiz!
1. In the 2008 movie Four Christmases, starring Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn, where does the main couple get trapped during their travels?
Answer: Show answer.
2. In the Original How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), what gift does Cindy Lou Who give Max?
Answer: A plate of green eggs and ham.
3. In The Polar Express, who can hear the bell ring?
Answer: Only those who truly believe
4. In the 2004 film Christmas with the Kranks, which two well-known actors play the leads?
Answer: Jamie Lee Curtis and Tim Allen.
5. How much money does Buddy Hall win by selling a car-lot owner one of his own cars in Deck the Halls?
6. In Elf, what is considered the first rule of The Code of Elves?
Answer: Treat every day like it’s Christmas.
7. What song does Jovie sing in Elf in order to increase Christmas spirit and ultimately save Santa?
Answer: Santa Claus is Coming to Town.
8. What is the name of the tune sung by Kermit the Frog on Christmas Eve in The Muppet Christmas Carol?
Answer: One More Sleep ‘Til Christmas.
9. What is the best-selling Christmas movie of all time?
Answer: The Grinch (2018).
10. Which Cheers actor narrated several Disney Christmas classics, including Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas and Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas?
Answer: Kelsey Grammer
11. What is the name of Ralphie’s father in A Christmas Story?
Answer: He doesn’t have a name or The Old Man.
12. What object does George promise to give Mary in It’s a Wonderful Life?
Answer: The moon.
13. What year did the original Miracle on 34th Street release?
14. Which network first aired the classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in 1964?
15. Who is the antagonist of A Christmas Carol?
Answer: Ebenezer Scrooge.
16. Which character does Bing Crosby portray in White Christmas?
Answer: Captain Bob Wallace.
17. In Frosty the Snowman, what is the name of the magician?
Answer: Professor Hinkle.
18. What are the names of the neighbors in Christmas Vacation?
Answer: Todd and Margo Chester.
19. Which department store stocks the Christmas gift that Ralphie wants in A Christmas Story? Bonus: What is the name of the item?
Answer: Higbee’s; Bonus: Red Ryder Carbine-Action, 200-shot, range-model air rifle.
20. Which two songs does everyone sing together at the end of It’s a Wonderful Life?
Answer: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing and Auld Lang Syne.
21. What song does Judy Garland sing in Meet Me in St. Louis?
Answer: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
22. Which Christmas song plays during the end credits of Die Hard?
Answer: Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!
24. Who is the villain in The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause?
Answer: Jack Frost.
25. Where does the 1942 film Holiday Inn take place?
Answer: Midville, Connecticut.
26. What is the full name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in It’s a Wonderful Life?
Answer: Clarence Odbody.
27. Who is put on trial in Miracle on 34th Street?
Answer: Santa Claus.
28. What notable actor plays the voice of the conductor in The Polar Express?
Answer: Tom Hanks.
29. What was the name of Santa’s super-sled engine in Elf?
Answer: The Cringle 3000.
30. The 2009 animated version of A Christmas Carol features which well-known actor as Ebenezer Scrooge?
Answer: Jim Carrey.
Halloween Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Everyone enjoys Halloween, but horror fans enjoy it more than anyone else. A movie trivia game, which includes easy Halloween movie quiz questions and answers, is an essential part of any Halloween party.
1. Who played Jonathan Harker in Francis Ford Coppola’s version of Dracula?
Answer: Keanu Reeves.
2. Which 90s horror movie won three Academy Awards?
Answer: ‘Bram Stoker’s Dracula’ (1992) directed by Francis Ford Coppola
3. Which Tim Burton short had to be released in VHS?
4. Which animated horror Disney movie has a PG-rating?
Answer: The Black Cauldron (1985).
5. This iconic sequel borders on the horror-thriller genre.
Answer: ‘The Return of Oz’.
6. Which horror film character wields a gloved with razors for fingers?
Answer: Freddie Krueger from ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’.
7. Which iconic scary movie had Johnny Depp’s film debut?
Answer: ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’ (1984).
8. Which ancient city houses the mummy in the iconic horror movie ‘The Mummy’ (1999)?
9. This movie was based on Anne Rice’s famous novel and had a stellar cast that included names like Brad Pitt, Antonio Banderas, and Tom Cruise. Which movie is this?
Answer: ‘Interview With The Vampire’ (1994).
10. The iconic movie ‘The Silence of the Lambs’ introduced this iconic character who would go on to feature in countless TV shows and movies. Who is the character?
Answer: Hannibal Lecter.
11. Who plays the role of Hannibal Lecter in the modern TV adaptation of the classic horror film?
Answer: Mads Mikkelsen.
12. How many ‘Nightmare On Elm Street’ movies have come out to date?
Answer: The franchise boasts of a whopping nine films!
14. What set the serial killer in the iconic movie ‘Friday the 13th’ apart?
Answer: The serial killer in the movie ‘Friday the 13th’ is a mother.
15. Give one example of a vintage slasher flick.
Answer: ‘Friday the 13th’, ‘Psycho’, ‘The Texas Chain Saw Massacre’.
16. Which iconic monster movie claims to be the most successful horror franchise in history?
17. Which monochrome 3D monster flick had a creature that was played by a man and shot entirely underwater?
Answer: ‘Creature from Black Lagoon’ (1954).
18. Which vintage horror movie got 10 Academy Award Nominations?
Answer: ‘The Exorcist (1974)’.
19. Which Disney movie was banned in Denmark?
Answer: ‘The Skeleton Dance’ (1929).
20. Which live-action Disney movie got a remake starring Dwayne Johnson?
Answer: ‘Escape to Witch Mountain’ (1975).
21. Which Disney horror flick is set in space and is reminiscent of Star Wars?
Answer: ‘The Black Hole’ (1979).
22. Which horror movie featured Sarah Jessica Parker as a witch?
Answer: ‘Hocus Pocus’ (1993).
23. Which horror flick features a Mickey Mouse gone mad?
Answer: ‘Runaway Brain’.
24.Which famous pirate franchise comes under Disney Studio?
Answer: ‘The Pirates of the Caribbean’.
25. Which children’s movie released by Disney has been joked about bordering on existential horror?
26. Which Disney flick has a soundtrack that was highly experimental?
27. Which high fantasy horror flick did Disney coproduce?
28. Which Disney horror movie was written by Ray Bradbury?
Answer: ‘Something Wicked this Way Comes’ (1983).
29. Which Tim Burton Disney movie features dogs as the main characters?
Star Wars Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
It’s true that there is no try, as Jedi Master Yoda said. However, you can still test your knowledge of Star Wars. Have a closer look at the following list of Star Wars trivia questions that will help you to test your knowledge!
1. Who are the masters of the Dark Side that want to rule the galaxy?
Answer: The Sith.
2. Count Dooku is also known as who?
Answer: Darth Tyranus.
3. What is the name of Boba Fett’s ship?
Answer: Slave 1.
4. The X-wing fighter has how many engines?
5. Who kissed Leia first, Han or Luke?
6. What does AT-AT stand for?
Answer: All Terrain Armored Transport.
7. The young Jedi Knight, Anakin Skywalker, becomes who in Star Wars?
Answer: Darth Vader.
8. What color is Mace Windu’s lightsaber?
9. Who played the part of Mace Windu?
Answer: Samuel L. Jackson.
10. What odds does C-3P0 give Han for successfully navigating the asteroid field?
Answer: 3,720 to 1.
11. Jedi Council consists of how many members?
12. What were Luke’s aunt and uncle’s jobs on Tatooine?
Answer: Moisture farmers.
13. How many languages is C-3P0 fluent in?
Answer: Over 6 million.
14. What is the name of Han Solo’s ship?
Answer: Millennium Falcon.
15. Which species stole the plans to the death star?
16. What kind of trooper is introduced at the beginning of Rogue One?
Answer: Death Troopers.
17. The planet Kashyyyk is home to who?
Answer: Chewbacca and the Wookiees.
18. In Revenge of the Sith and Attack of the Clones, what color is Yoda’s lightsaber?
19. Which character is partially named after George Lucas’ son?
Answer: Dexter Jettster.
20. How many Dewbacks were in the original 1977 theatrical cut of the first Star Wars movies?
21. Who was the original commander of the Death Star?
Answer: Grand Moff Tarkin.
22. What was the name of the planet that the clones were made on?
23. What is the largest annual podrace in the world?
Answer: The Boonta Eve Classic.
24. When Leia first tells Han Solo that she loves him, what is his reply?
Answer: I know.
25. What day is Wookiee Life Day?
Answer: November 17th.
26. Peter Mayhew played the part of who in the original Star Wars Trilogy?
27. What language are the words written on Darth Vader’s chest piece in?
Answer: Ancient Hebrew.
28. What is the other name for The Imperial Probe Droid?
29. The four Jedi Masters Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tinn, were killed by who?
Answer: Darth Sidious.
30. Where was Luke Skywalker originally headed to pick up power converters?
Answer: Tosche Station
31. Which two sectors does The Empire Strikes Back take place in?
Answer: The Sluis Sector and The Anoat Sector.
The Lord of the Rings Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
In pop culture, the ‘Lord of The Rings is one of the most successful books and film series. Furthermore, LOTR presents a whole new world of The Lord of the Rings questions that Tolkien fans can devour.
1. Who officiates the drinking contest between Legolas and Gimli?
2. What is the sequential order of owners of One Ring?
Answer: Sauron, Isildur, Deagol, Smeagol, Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Frodo, Gollum.
3. Who convinces Elrond to reforge the broken blade?
4. Who was the director of ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’?
Answer: Peter Jackson.
5. In the first scene of the movie, which recurring character do we see?
Answer: Smeagol or Gollum.
6. Who does Aragorn bow before after he is crowned king?
Answer: Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin.
7. Where does Legolas’s arrow hit when it is targeted towards the Bosun’s ear?
Answer: The chest.
8. How does Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, along with the Army of the Dead, reach the Battle of Pelennor Fields?
Answer: Ships of the Corsairs of Umber.
9. How much did ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’ earn worldwide?
Answer: 897.7 million (USD).
10. Who created the background score in the movie?
Answer: Howard Shore.
11. Who was the cinematographer of the movie ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’?
Answer: Andrew Lesnie.
12. What book does Frodo give Sam at the end of the movie?
Answer: The Red Book of Westmarch.
13. Who are the six people who travel to Treebeard?
Answer: Legolas, Aragorn, Theoden, Gandalf, Eomer, and Gamling.
14. With whom does Pippin dance inside the Golden Hall?
15. Which character does the title of the movie refer to?
16. How many Academy Awards did the movie receive?
Answer: Four Academy Awards.
17. Which categories did ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’ receive Academy Awards in?
Answer: Best Cinematography, Best Makeup, Best Original Score, and Best Visual Effects.
18. When was the ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’ movie released?
Answer: 19 December 2001.
19. How much money did the ‘The Two Towers’ make at the box office?
Answer: 947.5 million (USD).
20. When was the movie ‘The Two Towers’ released?
Answer: 18 December 2002.
21. How many BAFTA nominations did the movie receive?
22. How many BAFTA awards did the movie win?
23. How many Academy Award nominations did the movie receive?
24. How many Academy Awards did the movie win?
25. Who were the acclaimed VFX creators for ‘The Two Towers’?
Answer: Joe Letteri, Randall William Cook, Alex Funke, and Jim Rygiel.
26. Who did the voice-over and then motion capture for Gollum in the film?
Answer: Andy Serkis.
27. Who are the screenplay writers of the movie?
Answer: Stephen Sinclair, Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, and Peter Jackson.
28. What box office record did the movie set?
Answer: ‘The Two Towers’ became the highest-grossing film of 2002.
29. Where did the movie premiere?
Answer: Ziegfeld Theatre, New York.
30. What injury did Orlando Bloom sustain while making the film?
Answer: Broken ribs.
31. Which famous composer turned down the offer to compose the music for the film?
Answer: James Horner.
Harry Potter Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Here we are, 19 years after we were first introduced to Hogwarts. Millennials and Gen Z have grown up reading the Harry Potter books, and they haven’t been disappointed. Have a look at Harry Potter trivia questions.
1. Where did Harry meet Hagrid?
Answer: On the train to Hogwarts.
2. What is the name of the dark wizard that killed Harry’s parents?
Answer: Voldemort (he also goes by other names, like Tom Riddle and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named).
3. Which of Harry’s friends had two older sisters?
Answer: Ron Weasley (one older sister, named Meg, and one younger sister, named Ginny).
4. Who played Hermione in the movies?
Answer: Emma Watson.
5. How old was Harry when he attended Hogwarts?
Answer: 11-17 years old.
6. What is the name of the school that Harry and his friends attend?
7. In what country did the main Harry Potter story take place?
8. What were the names of Harry’s two best friends?
Answer: Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.
9. How many books are there in the entire series?
10. What type of wand did Harry use?
Answer: Phoenix feather.
11. Who portrayed Ron in the movies?
Answer Rupert Grint.
12. What was the name of Ron and Hermione’s pet owl?
13. Did Harry have any brothers or sisters?
Answer: He has no siblings. He is raised by his cousin Dudley’s family.
14. Who plays Dumbledore in the movies?
Answer: Richard Harris, Michael Gambon, and Jude Law.
15. What is Professor McGonagall’s first name?
16. How many actors have played Dumbledore in the movie franchise?
17. What was the name of the school that Harry’s parents attended?
Answer: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.
18. How tall was Harry?
Answer: About 5’5″ tall. But he grows to be 6 feet and 2 inches.
19. What is the last name of Ron and Hermione’s father?
Answer: Weasley and Granger.
20. What is the name of Dumbledore’s phoenix?
21. Who played Harry in the film franchise?
Answer: Daniel Radcliffe.
22. When did the first book in the series come out?
23. What is JK Rowling’s middle name?
24. What is the name of Harry’s owl?
25. How old was Hagrid when he got expelled?
Answer: 13 years old.
26. What is the name of the train that Harry’s parents took to go see Dumbledore?
Answer: The Hogwarts Express.
27. What is the name of Harry’s half-brother?
Answer: Albus Severus Potter.
28. What is the type of animal that Hermione takes with her to study for exams?
Answer: A cat (nicknamed Crookshanks). Note: Ron Weasley also owned a rat named Scabbers.
29. What is the name of Harry’s defense against the dark arts teacher for his sixth year?
Answer: Professor Minerva McGonagall.
Hocus Pocus Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Many people around the world still enjoy watching ‘Hocus Pocus’ during Halloween. Since its release, the movie has gained a cult following among fans. Test your knowledge with these Hocus Pocus trivia questions!
1. What happens to Binx once the witches are destroyed?
Answer: Binx dies and his soul is reunited with Emily.
2. What is the name of the school attended by Max?
Answer: Jacob Bailey High School.
3. Which color is associated with Mary Sanderson?
4. What does Max use to look like the sun when he goes to rescue Dani?
Answer: Car headlights.
5. When Sarah found her broom was broken, what did she use to fly around?
Answer: A mop.
6. To protect them from the witches, what did Alison take from Max’s house?
7. Which mythical creatures do the movie ‘Hocus Pocus’ feature?
8. Which kitchen item can be used to be protected from the witches?
Answer: A circle drawn from salt.
9. In which state are the events of the movie based?
10. Where were Max and his friends when they thought that they had killed the Sanderson sisters?
Answer: At high school.
11. What do Jay and Ice steal from Max the first time he meets them?
12. Which spell do the Sanderson sisters put on the adults when they arrive at the Halloween party?
Answer: A dancing spell.
13. Can you recall the family name of the witches?
14. What are the names of the Sanderson sisters?
Answer: Sarah, Winnie and Mary.
15. Which character spoke these lines: You buck-toothed, mop-riding, firefly from Hell!
16. Which Sanderson sister was the first to die?
17. Which character spoke the last line of the movie?
Answer: Thackery Binx.
18. Who spoke the line: Hag? Sisters, did you hear what he just called you?
Answer: Winifred (Winnie).
19. Which Sanderson sister will you find riding the vacuum?
Answer: Mary Sanderson.
20. At the end of the movie, who drinks the potion?
21. Guess the speaker of these lines: Amok! Amok, amok, amok, amok, amok!
Answer: Sarah Anderson.
22. Which character will you find playing the drums?
23. How many times was the phrase hocus pocus used in the entire movie?
24. How did Max trick the witches when he first tried to escape from them?
Answer: He activates the sprinklers by using a lighter.
25. How are the Sanderson sisters chased out of the house of the Devil?
Answer: By a dog.
26. On Winifred’s book of spells, which is the most noticeable facial feature?
27. Which is the last ingredient to be added to the potion?
28. Max stops Dani from drinking the witches’ potion at the last minute by pointing out that one thing has changed from 1693. Can you guess what it is?
Answer: Daylight Saving Time.
29. Which color is associated with the witch Sarah Sanderson?
30. Which song is sung by Winnie Sanderson at the Halloween Party?
Answer: ‘I Will Put A Spell On You’.
31. Which color is associated with Winnie Sanderson?
32. What did Max call the water falling from sprinklers when the Sanderson sisters first came back to life?
Answer: Burning rain of death.
Final Thoughts on Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Congratulations on finishing the movie quiz! How were you doing in it? Did you have fun and learn something new?
With an intense night of trivia, you can put all your knowledge about the greatest movies ever made to good use!
Whether you are with family, friends, colleagues, or just for a fun night out, you can take advantage of our movie trivia questions and answers. They included all genres of questions to test your knowledge.
So call on your friends to start the game now!