501 Pop Culture Trivia Questions with Answers to Excite You
Whether you are organizing a party or trying to get a date, these pop culture trivia questions will keep you entertained! There are many fun, challenging, and silly questions in these lists that you can use to pass the time and challenge yourself.
If you want an ice breaker at your next get-together, you can use these questions, or you can use them in any number of dinner party games.
You may have difficulty finding ice breaker games for everybody that aren’t too awkward, but this quiz on pop culture is enjoyable for everyone, whether you’re an extrovert or an introvert.
It is an art to know a lot about pop culture! You will certainly enjoy these pop culture trivia questions and answers if you consider yourself one of the true connoisseurs of everything pop culture. Let’s have a look at the detailed lists of pop culture questions!
Best Pop Culture Trivia Questions for Game
Are you on a quest to uncover the best pop culture trivia questions? I have designed a set of awesome pop culture trivia games that each have their own unique enticement and pleasure.
1. What are the names of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s kids?
Answer: North, Saint, Chicago and Psalm.
2. What is Joe Exotic a.k.a the Tiger King’s real name?
Answer: Joseph Allen Maldonado-Passage.
3. Whose parody Prince George Instagram account inspired the upcoming HBO Max series The Prince?
Answer: Gary Janetti.
4. How many kids does Angelina Jolie have?
Answer: 6 (Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne).
5. Who wrote the book that HBO’s Big Little Lies is based on?
Answer: Liane Moriarty.
6. Which pop star is the godmother of both of Elton John’s sons?
Answer: Lady Gaga.
7. How many times did Ross Geller get divorced on Friends?
Answer: Three times (Carol, Emily, Rachel).
8. Who was the first Bachelorette in 2003?
Answer: Trista Sutter (née Rehn).
9. Who does Michael Scott hit with company property on company property in The Office?
Answer: Meredith Palmer.
10. Which movie won the first official Best Picture Academy Award?
11. Which actor voiced both Darth Vader and The Lion King‘s Mufasa?
Answer: James Earl Jones.
12. What modern-day item made a cameo in the final season of Game of Thrones?
Answer: A Starbucks cup.
13. What is Chandler Bing’s middle name?
14. What does the acronym “smh” stand for?
Answer: Shaking my head.
15. Where did Prince William and Kate Middleton first meet?
Answer: St. Andrews University.
16. How many Harry Potter books and movies are there?
Answer: 7 books and 8 movies.
17. What is the name of Michelle Obama’s 2018 memoir?
18. Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin were among dozens of individuals involved in what 2019 investigation?
Answer: The “Operation Varsity Blues” college admissions scandal.
19. Who sings the song “Say So” that’s behind the popular TikTok dance?
Answer: Doja Cat.
20. Troy Bolton’s dad in High School Musical is the brother-in-law of which famous actress in real-life?
Answer: Blake Lively.
21. What are the names of the Sanderson sisters from Hocus Pocus?
Answer: Winifred, Mary and Sarah.
22. Which Avenger other than Captain America was able to pick up Thor’s Mjolnir in the Marvel movies?
23. Who was the first winner of The Masked Singer?
24. Who wrote the Twilight books?
Answer: Stephenie Meyer.
25. Who replaced Kathie Lee Gifford on the TODAY show?
Answer: Jenna Bush Hager.
26. What was the first non-English-language film to win Best Picture at the Oscars?
27. What is Rihanna’s real name?
Answer: Robyn Fenty.
28. Which movie kicked off the Skywalker saga in 1977?
Answer: A New Hope.
29. Who was the highest-paid actress of 2019, according to Forbes?
Answer: Scarlett Johansson.
30. What is Elvis’ popular Christmas song?
Answer: Blue Christmas.
31. How many roles did Tom Hanks play in the movie The Polar Express?
32. What does Ralphie want in A Christmas Story?
Answer: Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle.
33. What piece of clothing brought Frosty the Snowman to life?
Answer: A hat.
34. What boyband was assembled on the first installment of the reality series Making The Band?
35. What nickname did Patrick Dempsey’s character often go by on Grey’s Anatomy?
36. What rapper-turned-actor stars on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit?
37. What legendary band has Adam Lambert served as lead vocalist for since 2011?
38. What year does Marty McFly try to return to in Back To The Future?
39. How many ghosts are there in A Christmas Carol?
40. TNT runs what movie for 48 hours during Christmas?
Answer: A Christmas Story.
41. Jamie Lee Curtis and Tim Allen star in what Christmas movie?
Answer: Christmas with the Kranks.
Fun Pop Culture Trivia Questions
It is hard to beat pop culture questions for livening up a party. Below are somefun pop culture trivia questions you can ask your friends. So, let’s start some fun!
1. Which fast-food chain is known for its golden arches?
2. How many nights of Hanukkah are there?
3. How many grandchildren does Kris Jenner have?
Answer: Ten (Mason, Penelope, Reign, North, Saint, Chicago, Psalm, Dream, True, Stormy).
4. Which member of The Spice Girls abruptly left the group in 1998?
Answer: Ginger Spice (Geri Halliwell).
5. Which two Bachelorette leading ladies went on to win back-to-back seasons of Dancing with the Stars?
Answer: Hannah Brown and Kaitlyn Bristowe.
6. What former Nickelodeon star is also the longest-running member of the Saturday Night Live cast?
Answer: Kenan Thompson.
7. Who is the godmother of Miley Cyrus?
Answer: Dolly Parton.
8. Who was originally cast as the voice of Shrek before Mike Meyers was eventually given the role?
Answer: Chris Farley.
9. What everyday item did Romy and Michele claim to have invented in Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion?
Answer: Post-it notes.
10. Legend met his wife Chrissy Teigen while filming the music video for what song?
11. What movie has the best-selling soundtrack of all time?
Answer: The Bodyguard.
12. What song was used as the intro theme for MTV’s Laguna Beach?
Answer: “Come Clean” by Hilary Duff.
13. Which Southern Charm star has their own line of decorative pillows available on the Home Shopping Network?
Answer: Craig Conover.
14. Which superstar infamously had a “wardrobe malfunction” during the Super Bowl XXXVIII Halftime Show?
Answer: Janet Jackson.
15. Betty White is best known for playing “Rose Nyland” on The Golden Girls, but she originally auditioned to play a different character. What role White audition for?
Answer: Blanche Devereaux.
16. What one-hit-wonder released the 1997 hit song “Barbie Girl”?
17. Who is Justin Bieber’s famous father-in-law?
Answer: Stephen Baldwin.
18. Which actress used the word “entanglement” to describe straying from her marriage to Will Smith?
Answer: Jada Pinkett Smith.
19. What is the name of the critically panned film that starred American Idol alumni Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini?
Answer: From Justin to Kelly.
20. What was the first state in the United States?
21. In a basketball game, how many players from each team are on the court at the same time?
22. What iconic company did Steve Jobs start?
23. What galaxy do we live in?
Answer: Milky Way.
24. What is the national bird of the United States?
Answer: Bald eagle.
25. Who founded Amazon?
Answer: Jeff Bezos.
26. In what year was Joe Biden elected president?
27. In what city can you find the Eiffel Tower?
28. What are the five Great Lakes?
Answer: Erie, Huron, Ontario, Superior, Michigan.
Black Pop Culture Trivia Questions
A lot of black pop culture trivia questions and answers have been left unchallenged for decades. You love these famous questions about Black people’s work in television, radio, movies, music, sports, and news.
1. Which of Jay-Z’s albums was to the National Recording Registry?
Answer: The Blueprint.
2. Which city is known as the birthplace of hip hop?
Answer: The Bronx, New York.
3. Elvis Presley took the song “Hound Dog” from what Black singer?
Answer: Big Mama Thornton.
4. What female rapper has six certified-platinum albums?
Answer: Missy Elliot.
5. Tupac Shakur went to what school?
Answer: Baltimore School of Performing Arts.
6. Hidden Figures is about three Black women at what American program?
7. Moonlight stars what famous actor?
Answer: Ashton Durrand Sanders.
8. What band sings the hits “No Scrubs” and “Waterfalls?”
9. Dr. Shirley Jackson received a degree in what from MIT?
Answer: Nuclear physics.
10. Nayvadius Wilburn is the real name of which famous rapper?
11. Who was the first Black person to win an Academy Award?
Answer: Hattie McDaniel.
12. How many movies has Angela Bassett been in?
13. Who invented the water gun?
Answer: Lonnie G. Johnson.
14. Who plays Annalise Keating in How to Get Away with Murder?
Answer: Viola Davis.
15. Which famous Black singer was in Austin Powers in Goldmember?
16. Black Panther starred which famous actor?
Answer: Chadwick Boseman.
17. What 1989 movie is Spike Lee famous for?
Answer: Do the Right Thing.
18. What movie is the quote “make the money, don’t let it make you” from?
Answer: The Players Club.
19. Get Out, and Us were created by what director?
Answer: Jordan Peele.
20. Harper and Robyn are the famous couple in what movie?
Answer: The Best Man.
21. What film is about Lucky and Justice’s road trip to Oakland, CA?
Answer: Poetic Justice.
22. The movie Friday is known for making what phrase popular?
Answer: “Bye, Felicia”.
23. Who starred in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?
Answer: Will Smith.
24. N.W.A formed in what year?
25. Marie Van Brittan Brown invented what technology?
Answer: The home security system.
Easy Pop Culture Trivia Questions
Try your hand at pop trivia questions with answers at your next game night and prove you’re a true pop culture expert. Have a look at the list ofeasy pop culture trivia questions!
1. Which actresses make up the Monterey Five?
Answer: Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Laura Dern and Zoë Kravitz.
2. What did Mandalorian fans name “The Child” in the Disney+ series?
Answer: Baby Yoda.
3. What is Kramer’s first name on Seinfeld?
4. Who is the half-blood prince in Harry Potter?
Answer: Severus Snape.
5. Who created the viral “Renegade” dance on TikTok?
Answer: Jalaiah Harmon.
6. What is Mr. Big’s real name in Sex and the City?
Answer: John James Preston.
7. Who was the first African American housewife on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?
Answer: Garcelle Beauvais.
8. What was the age difference between Jessica and Mark on Love Is Blind?
Answer: 10 years.
9. What is the name of the news series John Krasinski launched during the coronavirus pandemic?
Answer: Some Good News.
10. Who is the oldest Kardashian sister?
11. Who was Matt Lauer’s official replacement on the TODAY show?
Answer: Hoda Kotb.
12. What is the name of Chip and Joanna Gaines’ lifestyle brand?
13. In 2020, Netflix aired a reality show that required participants to remain celibate. What was it called?
Answer: Too Hot To Handle.
14. Which Emmy Award-winning producer was behind Glee, Hollywood, The Politician and American Horror Story?
Answer: Ryan Murphy.
15. Which tech entrepreneur named his son X Æ A-12?
Answer: Elon Musk.
16. Which Bachelor Nation alum did Gigi Hadid date in 2019?
Answer: Tyler Cameron.
17. What was the name of Meghan Markle‘s lifestyle blog before she married into the royal family?
Answer: The Tig.
18. Which hard seltzer did America face a shortage of in 2019?
Answer: White Claw.
19. What is the name of the alternate dimension in Netflix’s Stranger Things?
Answer: The Upside Down.
20. Jennifer Lopez has been engaged five times. Who were the singer’s fiancés?
Answer: Ojani Noa, Cris Judd, Ben Affleck, Marc Anthony and Alex Rodriguez.
21. Which pop star burnt down her home gym with candles?
Answer: Britney Spears.
22. What song did Charlotte Awbery go viral for singing in the London Tube?
23. 15 Years after Friends ended, Jennifer Aniston made her return to TV on what show?
Answer: The Morning Show.
24. What are the names of George and Amal Clooney’s twins?
Answer: Ella and Alexander Clooney.
25. What movie in 2019 topped Avatar as the highest-grossing film of all time?
Answer: Avengers: Endgame.
26. “Cody Ko” is the name of what personality?
Answer: A YouTube star.
27. Who is the “Tiger King?”
Answer: Joe Exotic.
28. Name the cities where the movie “Home Alone” took place?
Answer: New York City and Chicago.
29. What was Britney Spears doing in one of the most popular viral photographs of her?
Answer: A photograph of her buzzing her hair.
30. How many Spice Girls were there?
31. Who was the self-made billionaire who made the first social network?
Answer: Mark Zuckerberg.
32. What creepy TV show took over Netflix between 2010 and 2017?
Answer: Stranger Things.
33. Name one of the most popular streaming services to watch movies and TV shows?
Answer: Netflix or Hulu.
34. Brody Jenner is an actor on what popular TV show?
Answer: The Hills.
35. Hilary Duff first appeared on what TV Show?
Answer: Lizzie McGuire.
36. Jeffree Starr is the name of what personality?
Answer: A YouTube personality and vlogger.
37. Miley Cyrus is related to which pop star?
Answer: Billy Ray Cyrus.
38. Which star famously divorced musical artist Kanye West in 2021?
Answer: Kim Kardashian.
39. How many Harry Potter movies are there?
40. What was the last Harry Potter movie created?
Answer: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
41. What TV show from the 1990s has been turned into sweatshirts and pop-up shops?
42. What actor starred as “Freddie Mercury” in the movie Bohemian Rhapsody?
Answer: Rami Malek.
43. Who was the actress Brad Pitt famously divorced from?
Answer: Angelina Jolie.
44. Which “That 70’s Show” actor was accused of rape?
Answer: Danny Masterson.
45. What is the name of the character played by Julia Roberts in Notting Hill?
Answer: Anna Scott.
46. What famous steamy sexually explicit book was turned into a movie?
Answer: Fifty Shades of Grey.
47. What is the most popular Christmas movie of all time?
Answer: Charlie Brown Christmas.
48. Which superstar sang at the 2021 Superbowl?
Answer: The Weeknd.
49. Who was named the best actor in 2020?
Answer: Joaquin Phoenix.
50. Who was named the best director in 2020?
Answer: Bong Joon-ho.
51. Which movie won the best picture award at the academy awards show in 2020?
52. How many times has Mariah Carey been married?
53. How many children does Eddie Murphy have?
54. How many siblings does Kim Kardashian have?
55. Kim Kardashian has a transgender step-parent that goes by the name of what?
Answer: Caitlyn Jenner.
Hard Pop Culture Trivia Questions
Do you consider yourself an expert and answer the quiz on pop culture? Your answers might be more unexpected than you think. Because I’ve created a list of hard pop culture trivia questions!
1. Kristin Cavallari has a jewelry line named what?
Answer: Uncommon James.
2. Kristin Cavallari, from the hit TV Show “The Hills” divorced her famous NFL player husband. What was his name?
Answer: Jay Cutler.
3. Who was the top musical artist in 2020?
Answer: Doja Cat.
4. Post Malone is the name of what pop-culture personality?
Answer: Austin Post.
5. What is Lady Gaga’s real name?
Answer: Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
6. Who is the most famous Spice Girl?
Answer: Victoria Beckham.
7. Who was originally cast as Shrek before Mike Meyers took the role?
Answer: Christ Farley.
8. What MTV reality show was one of the first to air on the network?
Answer: Laguna Beach.
9. Hailey Baldwin is the daughter of which actor and movie star?
Answer: Stephen Baldwin.
10. Keanu Reeves is best known for a movie where he played a surfer, what was the name of the movie?
Answer: Point Break.
11. Justin Timberlake married which actress?
Answer: Jessica Biel.
12. What is the name of the Full House reboot on Netflix?
Answer: Fuller House.
13. What is the longest-running TV series?
Answer: The Simpsons.
14. How many seasons did the TV Show “Friends” have?
15. In the TV Show “That 70’s Show” the dad’s nickname was what?
16. What two actors married each other from “That 70’s Show?”
Answer: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis.
17. Ashton Kutcher made most of his money from doing what?
Answer: Investing in technology startups.
18. What was the name of the CEO and founder of Playboy?
Answer: Hugh Hefner.
19. Adam Levine is the singer of which music group?
Answer: Maroon 5.
20. Blake Shelton is engaged to which co-star of the TV Show, “The Voice?”
Answer: Gwen Stefani.
21. How many seasons did the TV Show “American Idol” have?
22. Who was the host of the TV Show, “American Idol?”
Answer: Ryan Seacrest.
23. What famous actor became the 38th Governor of California?
Answer: Arnold Schwarzenegger.
24. What was the TV show that Donald Trump first appeared on?
Answer: The Apprentice.
25. Seth McFarlan became famous for what animated TV series?
Answer: Family Guy.
26. Who is considered to be the king of rock and roll?
Answer: Elvis Presley.
27. How many albums did The Beetles have?
28. Pam Anderson was famously married to which bad boy music artist?
Answer: Tommy Lee.
29. “As if!” Is a statement that appears on what famous movie from the 1990s?
30. The word “lit” is an urban phrase that means what?
Answer: A party or a good time.
31. What dirty card game became famous in the 2000s?
Answer: Cards against Humanity.
32. Nick Cannon famously played in what high school movie?
33. What was the name of Zac Efron’s first musical movie?
Answer: High School Musical.
34. Pete Davidson famously married which musical artist?
Answer: Ariana Grande.
35. Mark Wahlberg and Donnie Wahlberg’s mother are named what?
36. What suburb of Illinois did Donnie Wahlberg move to?
Answer: St. Charles, Illinois.
37. Justin Bieber’s 2021 hit is named by what fruit?
38. What famous YouTube star has become a boxing/fighting star?
Answer: Jake Paul and Logan Paul.
39. What was Ross Gellar’s pet monkey name on the TV Show “Friends?”
40. What movement struck America as a fight for racial injustice in 2020?
Answer: Black Lives Matter.
41. Taylor Swift’s biggest album name is called what?
42. Who made history by being the first male to appear solo on the cover of Vogue, the magazine?
Answer: Harry Styles.
43. What “Sex and the City” star ran for political office in New York?
Answer: Cynthia Nixon.
44. What film is quoted saying, “Mess with the bull, you get the horns.”
Answer: The Breakfast Club.
45. Who is the youngest billionaire?
Answer: Kevin Lehmann.
46. What is the name of Elon Musk and Grime’s baby?
Answer: X Æ A-12
47. Zac Brown Band plays what genre of music?
Answer: Country music.
48. What Fleetwood Mac song became popular due to a TikTok video?
49. Chrissy Teigan met her husband while filming what music video?
Random Pop Culture Trivia Questions
Do you consider yourself knowledgeable about pop culture? Find out how much you know by answering these random pop culture trivia questions. Let’s start the pop culture trivia quiz to test your knowledge!
1. Taylor Swift made her acting debut in which movie?
Answer: Valentine’s Day.
2. Which artist made history in 2020 as the youngest winner of the Grammys‘four main categories?
Answer: Billie Eilish.
3. What year did Keeping Up with the Kardashians first premiere?
4. Who was the first African-American man to achieve EGOT status?
Answer: John Legend.
5. In the series Arrested Development, there’s always money where?
Answer: In the banana stand.
6. What was the name of Winston’s beloved cat in New Girl?
7. What was Lizzie McGuire’s younger brother’s name on the Disney show?
Answer: Matt McGuire.
8. Who became the first male co-host of The Talk in 2021?
Answer: Jerry O’Connell.
9. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries were married for how many days?
10. Who played Rachel Zane on the legal drama Suits?
Answer: Meghan Markle.
11. What East Coast convenience store chain got a boost in popularity thanks to Mare of Easttown?
12. What was the name of the first James Bond movie in which Daniel Craig appeared?
Answer: Casino Royale.
13. Which two Oscar-winning actresses with the same first name co-starred in Cruella?
Answer: Emma Stone and Emma Thompson.
14. On Ted Lasso, what treat does the title character give his colleagues that they find irresistible?
15. The White Lotus was shot at which real-life resort in Hawaii?
Answer: Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea.
16. What was the first movie Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan co-starred in?
Answer: Joe Versus the Volcano.
17. What is the name of the Irish-American family at the center of Blue Bloods?
Answer: The Reagans.
18. Which iconic singer-songwriter was born Robert Allen Zimmerman in 1941?
Answer: Bob Dylan.
19. Which two women replaced Chris Harrison after he stepped down as host of The Bachelorette?
Answer: Tayshia Adams and Kaitlyn Bristowe.
20. On Lost, a commercial jet from what fictional airline crashed on a seemingly deserted island?
Answer: Oceanic Airlines.
21. Which future Oscar nominee played Tom Hanks’ son at the end of Forrest Gump?
Answer: Haley Joel Osment.
22. What’s the name of the dwarf who accompanies Frodo on his quest in the Lord of the Rings films?
23. Which hit 1998 Eddie Murphy comedy finally got a sequel in 2021?
Answer: Coming to America.
24. What song was playing when Marissa shot Ryan on The O.C.’s Season 2 finale?
Answer: Imogen Heap’s “Hide and Seek.”
25. Who is the youngest “self-made billionaire ever” that Forbes named in 2019?
Answer: Kylie Jenner.
26. In The Simpsons, Homer is named after the creator Matt Groening’s father. True or false?
27. What is the title of the 1986 film that quoted “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it”?
Answer: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
28. What is the name of the fictional home country of Marvel’s Black Panther?
29. What is the title of Jane Austen‘s first published novel?
Answer: Sense and Sensibility.
30. Who plays the role of Arya Stark in the hit TV series Game of Thrones?
Answer: Maisie Williams.
31. Who is the actor who starred as Freddie Mercury in the 2018 movie Bohemian Rhapsody?
Answer: Rami Malek.
32. What Disney Channel show starred Lindsay Lohan with a twin sister?
Answer: The Parent Trap.
2000s Pop Culture Trivia Questions
During the decade 2000, there was a great deal to offer the world of culture, a decade that was an absolute delight to anyone who digs culture. Listed below are some 2000s pop culture trivia questions and answers, as well as 21st-century pop culture quiz.
1. Popular director Tim Burton directed which children’s movie in the year 2005?
Answer: ‘Charlie And The Chocolate Factory’.
2. What was the name of the popular author after whom the lead character in the 2006 movie ‘The Namesake’ was christened?
Answer: Nikolai Gogol.
3. Which movie had the highest box office collections in the 2000s?
4. What was the name of the film that won popular rapper Eminem his first Oscar for Best Original Song?
Answer: ‘8 Mile’.
5. Which popular director won his first Oscar for Best Director in the 2007 Academy awards?
Answer: Martin Scorsese for ‘The Departed’.
6. What was the name of the singer who recorded the title song for the 2002 Bond feature ‘Die Another Day’?
7. What was the name of the popular 2009 Quentin Tarantino movie that had only 30 percent of its dialogue in English?
Answer: ‘Inglourious Basterds’.
8. In the early 2000s, which movie became the first musical to earn a Best Picture nomination in a decade?
Answer: ‘Moulin Rouge!’.
9. In 2004 which actor won an Oscar for portraying the role of another Academy Award winner?
Answer: Cate Blanchett.
10. Which actor recorded the second instance of posthumously winning an Oscar?
Answer: Heath Ledger.
11. In 2010, who became the first woman to win an Academy Award for best director?
Answer: Kathryn Bigelow.
12. The now iconic line “Remember remember, the 5th of November”, hails from which popular movie of this decade?
Answer: ‘V For Vendetta’.
13. What was the name of the first movie that was released in the MCU in 2008?
Answer: ‘Iron Man’.
14. Which popular singer is the co-producer of the 2001 film ‘The Princess Diaries’?
Answer: Whitney Houston.
15. Which popular 2006 film starring Will Smith is based on a true story?
Answer: ‘The Pursuit of Happiness’.
16. Around which museum does the film ‘Night At The Museum’ revolve?
Answer: The Museum of Natural History.
17. How many films are there in the ‘Ice Age’ franchise?
18. In the film ‘Zombieland’ what is the second rule that characters are supposed to abide by?
Answer: Double Tap.
19. In the film ‘The Hangover’ what name is the baby given?
20. In ‘Mean Girls’ what are the popular girls known as?
Answer: The Plastics.
21. Which celebrity was Josh’s inspiration in the show ‘Drake And Josh’?
22. At the beginning of the show ‘Gossip Girl’, what is the name of the school that Serena and Blair attend?
Answer: Constance Billard School For Girls.
23. In which city did the psychic high school girl Raven Baxter reside?
Answer: San Francisco, California.
24. In the hit teenage show ‘One Tree Hill’, what is the surname that the two half brothers share?
25. What was the profession of Zack and Cody’s mother on the hit show ‘The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody’?
26. Before starring in ‘Breaking Bad’, what show was Bryan Cranston a part of?
Answer: ‘Malcolm In The Middle’.
27. Which artist earned the distinction of being the best-selling musician in the 2000s?
28. Which noughties sitcom revolves around a group of people working in a paper supply company?
Answer: ‘The Office’.
29. In the show ‘Arrested Development’, what was the last name of the central family?
30. Which show made use of the technique of “claymation” in its intro?
Answer: ‘Even Stevens’.
31. In the hit show ‘Friends’, what was the name of Ross and Rachel’s daughter?
32. In the pilot episode of ‘Glee’, what song does the glee club perform?
Answer: ‘Don’t Stop Believin”.
33. In the show ‘Breaking Bad’, what was the lead character Walter White’s title?
34. In the sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’, what was Sheldon Cooper’s catchphrase?
35. ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’ had a spinoff show, what was it called?
36. In ‘Jimmy Neutron’ what was Jimmy’s dog called?
37. What was Dexter’s profession in ‘Dexter’?
Answer: Forensic technician.
38. In ‘Phil Of The Future’, which century did Phil and his family hail from?
Answer: The 22nd century.
39. ‘Veronica Mars’ was set in which fictional town?
Answer: Neptune, CA.
40. Who was the voice of Kim in ‘Kim Possible’?
Answer: Christy Carlson Romano.
41. What was the name of the hospital around which the show ‘House’ revolved?
Answer: Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital.
42. Which actor in ‘How I Met Your Mother’ played Barney?
Answer: Neil Patrick Harris.
43. In ‘The Simpsons’, what was Marge’s natural hair color?
44. In ‘The Simpsons’ family, who is a vegetarian?
Answer: Lisa Simpson.
45. In which year did the ‘King of Pop’, Michael Jackson pass away?
47. File sharing service Napster was sued by which veteran rock band citing copyright infringement issues?
48. Which southern hip-hop duo found a feature in a song with Jay-Z?
49. At the 2000 Grammys, which artist tied Michael Jackson’s single year record haul of eight awards?
50. Who married Chris Robinson, the frontman of Black Crowes on New Year’s Eve, 2000?
Answer: Kate Hudson.
51. In the spoken word interlude of Britney Spears’ single ‘Oops!…I Did It Again’, her boyfriend gets her a present from which popular ’90s film?
52. What was the 2000 rock video that was filmed on the World Trade Center’s South Tower’s roof?
Answer: Limp Bizkit’s ‘Rollin’.
53. Who was the titular ‘Stan’ in Eminem’s music video by the same title?
Answer: Devon Sawa.
54. Who is the film and television actress that stars in Stone Temple Pilots’ ‘Sour Girl’ video?
Answer: Sarah Michelle Gellar.
90s Pop Culture Trivia Questions
Take a look at some of the most fun 90spop culture trivia questions and answers. If you’re in the mood for a little challenge, you or your friends could take on the challenge during a sleepover.
1. It is often regarded as one of the best video games of its generation. What gaming platform did “GoldenEye 007” debut on?
Answer: Nintendo 64.
2. As the Pokemon video game craze launched in the United States in 1998, two iterations of the series were published on Game Boy?
Answer: Red and Blue.
3. What was the name of the virtual pet simulation game that came in a tiny, egg-shaped electronic system and enabled users to eat, play with, and clean up after their pet?
4. Who is the “Sesame Street” star who was tickled with laughter and became the Christmas 1996 must-have toy?
5. Who is the fictitious female protagonist in the 1996 video game series “Tomb Raider”?
Answer: Lara Croft.
6. In the 1990s, which wide-leg jeans became a fashion favourite for children?
7. What boy band included Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez?
8. Who played Kevin McCallister in the blockbuster film, “Home Alone?”
Answer: Macaulay Culkin.
9. What is the actual name of Courtney Love?
Answer: Courtney Michelle Harrison.
10. What band did Zac, Isaac, and Taylor form and peaked at the top of the charts in 1997 with the hit single “MMMBop?”
11. What year did Princess Diana perish in a Paris traffic crash?
12. What is the name of the character from “Friends” who was famous for attempting to seduce women by saying, “How are you doing?”
13. What does the abbreviation “AOL” stand for?
Answer: American Online.
14. What plush toys did Ty Inc. sell that took over the world of toys in the 1990s?
Answer: Beanie Babies.
15. What dance craze was popularized by Los Del Mar in the 1990s?
16. What Nickelodeon animated show starred Tommy, Chuckie, and Angelica?
17. In the 1990s, what function was added to portable CD players that enabled both children and adults to enjoy their music without missing a beat?
Answer: Skip Protection.
18. What snack was the most effective for applying to your fingers and creating witch fingernails?
20. Which television show’s theme song began with the following line, “Where has predictability gone?”
Answer: Full house.
21. What is the title of the first installment of R. L. Stine’s “Goosebumps” series?
Answer: Welcome to Dead House.
22. Howie Dorough, A. J. McLean, Nick Carter, Brian Littrell and Kevin Richardson comprise what boy band formed in 1993?
Answer: The Backstreet Boys.
23. Who made Ice Ice Baby famous?
Answer: Vanilla Ice.
24. In the television series “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” what was the name of the family butler?
25. What was the name of the sheep that was effectively cloned for the first time in 1996?
26. What reality television program is known to be the first?
Answer: The Real World.
27. What’s the name of the group responsible for “Macarena?”
Answer: Los Del Rio.
28. What 1990s teen movie was re-titled after a Britney Spears song?
Answer: Drive Me Crazy.
29. What was Drive Me Crazy’s original title?
Answer: Next to You.
30. Who was Russia’s first elected president?
Answer: Boris Yeltsin.
31. What’s the infamous haircut inspired by a “Must See TV” sitcom?
Answer: The “Rachel” (from Jennifer Aniston‘s character on Friends).
32. What was the first animated feature film to nominated for a Best Picture Oscar?
Answer: Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
33. How many Americans tuned in to watch the O.J. Simpson trial verdict?
Answer: 95 million.
34. The “Dream Team” won Olympic gold in what year’s games?
35. Who was named the first female secretary of state in 1997?
Answer: Madeleine Albright.
36. What was the federal minimum wage for most the 1990s?
37. Whitney Houston had a massive hit in 1992 with a cover of whose hit?
Answer: Dolly Parton (“I Will Always Love You”).
38. Macaulay Culkin was paid $1 million—the first child star ever to do so—for what film?
Answer: My Girl.
39. Which popular 1990s TV show inspired the haircut “The Rachel”?
40. Who was elected president in 1992 and reelected in 1996?
Answer: Bill Clinton.
41. Where were the 1992 Olympics held?
42. What was the top-selling video game console of the 1990s?
Answer: Sony PlayStation.
43. Which country’s 1996 Olympic women’s teams won gold in basketball, soccer, and softball?
Answer: The U.S.
44. What video game was the first ever to be played in space?
45. Britney Spears released her debut album in 1999. What was it called? …
Answer: Baby One More Time.
46. Who released the 1991 hit “Smells Like Teen Spirit”?
47. Who sang “Steal My Sunshine”?
48. What popular song from the 1990s repeats the lines, “I get knocked down / but I get up again / You’re never gonna keep me down”?
Answer: “Tub thumping” by Chumbawamba.
49. Which two extremely famous (and somewhat rival) boy bands were at their peak in the 1990s?
Answer: *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys.
50. What year was Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” released?
51. Who sang “Mambo No. 5”?
Answer: Lou Bega.
52. Which ’90s girl group was second best-selling after the Spice Girls?
53. Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, and more led to what musical movement of the ’90s?
Answer: The Latin explosion.
54. Who was the only member of the Spice Girls with a name that was an actual spice?
Answer: Ginger Spice, aka Geri Halliwell.
55. What popular singer won a Grammy for Best Reggae Album in 1995?
56. In what year was the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Give It Away” released?
57. Which singer sang “Torn”?
Answer: Natalie Imbruglia.
58. What are the first names of the Gallagher brothers from Oasis?
Answer: Liam and Noel.
59. Which Madonna song was the biggest selling single of 1990, selling over 6 million copies?
80s Pop Culture Trivia Questions
Can you tell me everything you know about the 1980s? Innovative works of art and entertainment of this era were full of passion and innovation. Have a look at the list of 80s pop culture trivia questions and answers.
1. What movie stars Mr. T as Sinbad, the sailor living in New York?
Answer: ‘Sinbad The Sailor’.
2. Who played the leading role in the movie ‘All Dogs Go To Heaven’?
Answer: Charlie. B Barkin.
3. Which ’80s movie has six sequels and a TV series in its name?
Answer: ‘Police Academy’.
4. Name the highest grossing film of the decade?
Answer: ‘E. T. The Extra-Terrestrial’.
5. In which animated movie does the song ‘There Are No Cats In America’ feature?
Answer: ‘An American Tail’.
6. In the movie ‘The Breakfast Club’ which actor played the character named Jock?
Answer: Emilio Estevez.
7. What is the name of the apatosaurus in ‘The Land Before Time’?
8. What is the real name of Baby in ‘Dirty Dancing’?
Answer: Frances Houseman.
9. What is the total number of ‘Star Wars’ films released in the 1980s?
Answer: Two. ‘The Empire Strikes Back’ and ‘The Return of the Jedi’.
10. Name the 1980 film based on the life of John Merrick.
Answer: ‘The Elephant Man’.
11. What was the popular tagline of the movie ‘The Transformers: The Movie’?
Answer: “Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond your wildest imagination.”
12. Which is the first Disney animated film that made use of computer graphics?
Answer: ‘The Fox And The Hound’.
13. Who is the director of the 1982 movie ‘Blade Runner’?
Answer: Ridley Scott.
14. What is the name of the main female character in ‘The Terminator’?
15. Who is the central character of the 1985 movie ‘Desperately Seeking Susan’?
16. What is the name of the movie based on the 1971 novel titled ‘Mrs. Frisby And The Rats Of NIMH’?
Answer: ‘The Secret Of NIMH’.
17. Which movie started the Disney Renaissance Era?
Answer: ‘The Little Mermaid’.
18. What film is a fantasy comedy directed by Tim Burton, starring Michael Keaton and Alec Baldwin?
19. In the movie ‘Sixteen Candles’, who drives the Rolls-Royce car?
Answer: Jake Ryan’s father.
20. What is the name of the candy that Eliot gives to E.T.?
Answer: Reese’s Pieces.
21. Which movie is Alan Rickman’s first feature film role?
Answer: ‘Die Hard’.
22. Which 1980 American parody film was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture?
23. What is the name of the first Indiana Jones series starring Harrison Ford?
Answer: ‘Raiders Of The Lost Ark’.
24. What is the 1984 comedy film with supernatural elements that gained two Oscar nominations?
25. Which 1985 film starred the celebrated teen group, Brat Pack?
Answer: ‘The Breakfast Club’.
26. Which ’80s movie was written as a tribute to the city of Chicago?
Answer: ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’.
27. What is the Prince’s name in the 1987 fantasy film ‘The Princess Bride’?
Answer: Prince Humperdinck.
28. What is the name of Jake Ryan’s girlfriend in ‘Sixteen Candles’?
Answer: Caroline Mulford.
29. Which film features this famous quote “Carpe Diem boys. Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary?”
Answer: ‘Dead Poets Society’.
30. What do River Phoenix and his friends search for in the movie ‘Stand By Me’?
Answer: A dead body.
31. What weapon does Indiana Jones mainly use?
Answer: His whip.
32. What is the real name of Duckie in the movie ‘Pretty In Pink’?
Answer: Jon Cryer.
33. Where does Eddie Murphy’s character work in the movie ‘Harlem Nights’?
Answer: Club Sugar Ray.
34. Who plays the main character in the movie 1988 comedy-drama movie ‘Big’?
Answer: Tom Hanks.
35. Towards the end of the movie ‘Say Anything’, what song does Lloyd Dobler play in his boombox?
Answer: ‘In Your Eyes’.
36. In which ’80s movie did Bob Hoskins star as Detective Eddie Valiant?
Answer: ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit’.
37. What is the age of Prince in ‘Purple Rain’?
38. What is the spirit that takes hold of Sigourney Weaver’s character in the film ‘Ghostbusters’?
39. Where was the 1988 Winter Olympics hosted?
40. In which year did Steffi Graf win her first Wimbledon singles title?
41. Which Grand Slam tournament final takes place in a meadow?
Answer: US Open.
42. How many players were in the Australian team for the 1989 Ashes series?
43. In 1984, which team was Hakeem Olajuwon a part of?
Answer: Houston Rockets.
44. Which team was Magic Johnson part of in the ’80s?
Answer: Los Angeles Lakers.
45. Who won the first Rugby World Cup in 1987?
Answer: New Zealand.
46. Who was the winner of the Grand National in 1986?
Answer: West Tip ridden by Richard Dunwoody.
47. Name the coach of the USA hockey team that participated in the 1980 Olympics.
Answer: Herb Brooks.
48. When was the last soccer World Cup of the ’80s held?
49. Who won the Heisman Trophy during the 1980s?
Answer: George Rogers.
50. Which country won 83 gold medals and topped the 1984 Olympics medal table?
51. Who had the highest number of Ladies Singles titles at Wimbledon in the 1980s?
Answer: Martina Navratilova.
52. Who won the World Darts Championship both in 1982 and 1989?
Answer: Jocky Wilson.
53. Who won the Tour de France in 1989?
Answer: Greg LeMond.
54. Who won the Formula One World Title in 1984?
Answer: Niki Lauda.
55. Who won the World Snooker Championship at the Crucible in 1986?
Answer: Joe Johnson.
56. Which 1981 video game has the same name as a Shakespearean play?
57. Which 1982 video game makes use of a flying spacecraft and isometric projection?
58. What is the name of a 1981 video game series featuring the adventures of a gorilla?
Answer: ‘Donkey Kong’.
59. What is the total number of dots on a ‘Pac-Man’ board?
Pop Culture Trivia Questions for Teenagers
You can play with your whole family these pop culture trivia questions for teenagers. Fun trivia questions designed for the 12 to 18-year-old age group. So, let’s start some fun with these questions!
1. What is Baby Yoda’s real name?
2. What are the names of Harry Potter’s best friends?
Answer: Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.
3. Who is Justin Bieber married to?
Answer: Hailey Bieber.
4. What boy band is Harry Styles formerly a member of?
Answer: One Direction.
5. Who is the most streamed artist on Spotify?
Answer: Ed Sheeran.
6. Whose real name is Colson Baker?
Answer: Machine Gun Kelly.
7. How many Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are there?
8. Whose real name is Steve Rogers?
Answer: Captain America.
9. Who plays Spider-Man in the Amazing Spider-Man movies?
Answer: Andrew Garfield.
10. What Netflix show takes place in Hawkins, Indiana?
Answer: Stranger Things.
11. Who was the first winner of American Idol?
Answer: Kelly Clarkson.
12. What Is Billie Eilish’s full name?
Answer: Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell.
13. What Is Kylie Jenner’s daughter’s name?
14. In what state is the Coachella Music Festival held?
15. Who is Stefani Germanotta?
Answer: Lady Gaga.
16. What is Thor’s hammer called?
17. Who is the most followed person on TikTok?
Answer: Charli D’Amelio.
18. What day is Star Wars Day?
Answer: May 4.
19. Who named their son X Æ A-12?
Answer: Elon Musk and Grimes.
20. Who is Jennifer Lopez engaged to?
Answer: Ben Affleck.
21. Who has the most Instagram followers after Instagram?
Answer: Cristiano Ronaldo.
22. What does the Fenty in Fenty Beauty mean?
Answer: Rihanna’s real name, Robyn Rihanna Fenty.
23. What kind of animal is Spongebob Squarepants’ Squidward?
Answer: An octopus (“Octoward” allegedly sounded too weird!).
24. Who played Lizzie McGuire when she was younger?
Answer: Hilary Duff.
25. What was the highest-grossing movie of all time?
26. What household item is sometimes thrown over trees on Halloween by kids and teens playing pranks?
Answer: Toilet paper.
27. What Marilyn Manson song is about teenage rebellion?
Answer: ‘Disposable Teens’.
28. What is the name for the night before Halloween that kids and teens are known to play pranks on?
Answer: Mischief Night.
29. What TV cartoon features Master Shake, Frylock and Meatwad?
Answer: ‘Aqua Teen Hunger Force’.
30. What decade is the hit single ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ by Nirvana from?
31. Tom Holland won a Teen Choice Award for which film?
Answer: ‘Spiderman: Homecoming’.
32. In the teen fashion world, what is Hard Candy?
33. Dr Weird is a character in which ‘Adult Swim’ cartoon?
Answer: ‘Aqua Teen Hunger Force’.
34. Where did yoga originate from?
35. Which was the first civilization in the world?
36. During which Chinese dynasty was the Great Wall of China built?
Answer: Qin Dynasty.
37. Mustafa Kemal was the first President of which country?
38. In some of Pablo Picasso’s work, he used what method of attaching paper to canvas?
39. The infamous War of the Roses was mainly between which two English houses?
Answer: The Houses of Lancaster And York.
40. Who voices Rick in the series ‘Rick And Morty’?
Answer: Justin Rolland.
Pop Culture Trivia Questions about Music
Listed below are some of the best pop culture music trivia questions and answers that you can share with your friends and maybe inspire you to create new playlists across several genres, including pop, rock, country, hip-hop, and more.
1. What was the first music video played on MTV?
Answer: Video Killed the Radio Star.
2. Who was the drummer for The Beatles?
Answer: Ringo Starr.
3. After its success in the 1970s Disco Craze, which KC and the Sunshine Band single was the first Number One Hit of 1980?
Answer: Please Don’t Go.
4. Which rapper performs on Usher’s “Yeah?”
5. What famous band is originally from Sweden?
6. Who wrote the song “Don’t Stop Believin’”?
7. What band was Beyonce originally a part of?
Answer: Destiny’s Child.
8. Who is Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Getting Back Together” rumored to be about?
Answer: Jake Gyllenhaal.
9. Who sings the hit song “Girls Just Want to Have Fun?”
Answer: Cyndi Lauper.
10. What song put Tina Turner into the spotlight?
Answer: “What’s Love Got to Do With It”.
11. Where is the band the Jackson Five from?
Answer: Gary, Indiana.
12. Who is Snoop Dogg’s best celebrity friend?
Answer: Martha Stewart.
13. What artist sang the words “…is it me you’re looking for?”
Answer: Lionel Richie.
14. What year was the album Queen II released?
15. How many members are there in the Spice Girls?
16. What was Freddie Mercury’s real name?
Answer: Frederick Bulsara.
17. What was Christina Aguilera’s #1 hit in 1999?
Answer: “Genie in a Bottle”.
18. Who has the hit singles “Perfect” and “Shape of You?”
Answer: Ed Sheeran.
19. Where was Daddy Yankee’s music video for “Gasolina” filmed?
20. Where did the singer Britney Spears get her start?
Answer: The Mickey Mouse Club.
21. What year was the song “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by the band Nirvana released?
22. When was Madonna’s debut album released?
23. What song sparked the “Mannequin Challenge” that was popular in 2016?
Answer: Black Beatles by Rae Sremmurd.
24. What K-Pop band performed with American singer Halsey?
25. Will.i.am is a member of what band?
Answer: Black Eyed Peas.
26. After the death of lead singer Bon Scott, what album did AC/DC release first?
Answer: Back in Black.
27. Ric Ocasek was the lead singer for which musical group?
Answer: The Cars.
28. What 1983 Tom Cruise film featured “Old Time Rock and Roll” by Bob Seger?
Answer: Risky Business.
29. Which song by the Bangles was the Hot 100 Number One song in 1986?
Answer: Walk Like an Egyptian.
30. Which band released songs like “You Sure Fooled Me,” “What You Do to Me,” and “Crazy”?
Answer: The John Hall Band.
31. What unique milestone does Stevie Wonder’s hit “Part Time Lover” hold?
Answer: The first song to hold number one honors on four different Billboard charts.
32. Barbara Streisand’s “Woman in Love” was a top selling song in 1980, but who wrote it?
Answer: Barry and Robin Gibb.
33. Blondie’s 1980 single was also the theme song for the movie “American Gigolo.” Which song was it?
Answer: Call Me.
34. Queen’s first song in 1980 was also her first Number One hit in the United States. Which song was it?
Answer: Crazy Little Thing Called Love.
Pop Culture Trivia Questions about TV and Movie
You might even stump your movie-loving friends and family with these pop-culture TV and movies trivia questions, ranging from easy to obscure and spanning a variety of film genres. Let’s start the entertainment trivia questions!
1. Who played Sabrina on the TV show Bewitched?
Answer: Erin Murphy.
2. What actor plays the lead on The Mentalist?
Answer: Simon Baker.
3. What is the name of the boat in Jaws?
4. Which superhero is referenced in every episode of Seinfeld?
5. What year was the sound of a toilet flushing first aired on TV?
6. How long did it take to get Jim Carrey into makeup for How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
Answer: 8.5 hours.
7. How many movies are there in the film series The Godfather?
8. Who was the first assistant in the TV show Monk?
Answer: Sharona Fleming.
9. What is Jack Nicholson’s famous line from The Shining?
Answer: “Here’s Johnny”.
10. What is the highest-grossing film to date?
Answer: Gone with the Wind.
11. What two actors played FBI agents in the movie White Chicks?
Answer: Marlon and Shawn Wayans.
12. Where is Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory from?
Answer: Galveston, Texas.
13. What are the names of the parents in The Simpsons?
Answer: Marge and Homer.
14. What year did The Amazing Race first air?
15. Who were the lead actors in the movie Twilight?
Answer: Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.
16. What fictional town does SpongeBob Square pants live in?
Answer: Bikini Bottom.
17. How many movies has Tom Hanks been in?
Answer: At least 72.
18. In what city does the TV show Mad Men take place?
Answer: New York City.
19. What 2018 Netflix show was adapted from a book in the same name?
Answer: The Haunting of Hill House.
20. Which actress played the love interest in the movie Carol?
Answer: Cate Blanchett.
21. How many Batman movies are there in total?
22. What is Quentin Tarantino’s most popular film?
Answer: Pulp Fiction.
23. What is one of the most iconic line from Forrest Gump?
Answer: “Life is like a box of chocolate”.
24. Who is the voice of Buzz Light year in Toy Story?
Answer: Tim Allen.
25. What is the highest-grossing Harry Potter film?
Answer: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.
Final Thoughts on Pop Culture Trivia Questions
That’s a wrap! Want to create some pop culture trivia with your friends that excite you and your partner? For your convenience, I have designed this guide on a popular culture quiz question that is divided into different sections that cover both fun and historical aspects.
It is easy to find popculture trivia questions in one category but not the other. We have fun quizzing our friends and learning what is trending on social media and in entertainment.
There’s no doubt that pop culture trivia questions will be the highlight of your party and that your guests will have a blast. From entertainment to sports, news, politics, fashion, technology, and slang, pop culture has undergone a transformation in the past few decades.
If you have managed to finish these currentpop culture trivia questions, then be sure to take a moment to comment down below on how much you scored.