Bible trivia questions are a way to test one’s knowledge of the Bible and strengthen their faith. It can be used in churches, schools, and homes to teach the Bible and encourage people to read the Bible more often. Moreover, this game can be played with friends or in a group setting.
Using Bible trivia questions, people can think about what they’ve read and how it applies to their lives. It is an excellent way of getting insights from the Bible for a better life.
There are many Bible trivia questions and answers that people have been wondering about for a long time. However, it is not always simple to find the answers. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of Bible trivia questions and answers to help you with your search. The questions are at various levels. You are free to select as you see fit.
General Bible Trivia Questions
Do you want to check your knowledge of the Bible and its fundamental teaching? Bible trivia questions are the best to get insights. You should read our list of Bible quiz and answers made from the Old and New Testament of the Bible.
1. Why does Cain kill his brother Abel?
Answer: Because God is more pleased by Abel’s sacrifice than by Cain’s.
2. How does Jacob steal his brother, Esau’s, inheritance rights?
Answer: By tricking his father with the help of his mother.
3. From which catastrophe does Joseph save Egypt?
4. How does God first appear to Moses?
Answer: As a burning bush.
5. What object that God gives Moses allows him to perform signs and wonders?
Answer: A wooden staff.
6. How does God feed the Israelites in the desert?
Answer: By a strange bread-like substance from heaven.
7. Why does Moses break the stone tablets inscribed with God’s commandments at Mount Sinai?
Answer: Because the people are worshipping a golden idol.
8. Why does God curse the Israelites to wander the desert for forty years before entering the Promised Land?
Answer: Because the Israelites vote down Moses as their leader.
9. How did Paul escape from Damascus?
Answer: In a basket down the city wall.
10. What do Moses and Joshua forbid the Israelites to do in the Promised Land?
Answer: Intermarry with the native inhabitants.
11. Who betrays Samson to the Philistines?
12. Why does the prophet Nathan rebuke David?
Answer: David commits adultery with Bathsheba.
13. What does David bring to Jerusalem to bless the religious city?
Answer: The Ark of the Covenant.
14. How does Absalom flaunt his brief overthrow of David’s throne?
Answer: By sleeping with David’s concubines in public.
15. What event triggers the division of Israel into two kingdoms?
Answer: Rehoboam wants the tribe of Judah to secede from the twelve tribes.
16. Who is Elisha?
Answer: Elijah’s apprentice and successor.
17. What do the deaths of King Ahab and his wife Jezebel have in common?
Answer: Dogs eat the blood of their dead bodies.
18. Which Jewish festival results from the events in Esther?
19. Which of the following is not one of Israel’s judges?
20. What does King Solomon do in Israel?
Answer: He builds a grand temple in Jerusalem.
21. What is one of the main criteria in Leviticus for living in the Israelite camp?
Answer: To be ceremonially clean.
22. What language was most of the New Testament originally written in?
23. In which Gospel did Jesus say and quote: “Everything is possible for one who believes.”?
24. What is John the baptizer’s father’s name?
25. What was the name of first Christian who was stoned to death?
26. For how many days and night was Jesus fasted?
27. Which wood has been used by Noah to build the ark?
28. What job did Jesus’ earthly father, Joseph, do?
29. Who wrote many of the letters to churches in the New Testament?
30. What is the collective name of the stories Jesus told?
31. Who wanted to kill Jesus when he was a baby?
32. What did Simon Peter do for a living?
Answer: He was a fisherman.
33. What happened to Jesus after the resurrection?
Answer: He ascended into heaven.
34. What did the Holy Spirit look like when the disciples received it?
Answer: Tongues of fire.
35. Who went on missionary journeys to preach to the Gentiles?
36. Who wrote Acts of Apostles?
37. What is the first book of the New Testament?
Random Bible Trivia Questions
We assure you that God’s word in the Bible will appeal to your heart. Use our Bible questions and answers to strengthen your faith and connect spiritually with God.
1. What is the longest book in the Bible?
2. Which NT book has Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount?
3. What was most likely the first of Paul’s letters written?
Answer: 1 Thessalonians.
4. How many days did God take to create the world?
5. Who was the first woman?
6. Who did God tell to build an ark?
7. How many people were saved on the ark?
8. What was God’s sign to Noah that he would never destroy the earth again?
Answer: A rainbow.
9. What were men trying to do at the Tower of Babel?
Answer: Built a tower to reach to Heaven.
11. How did God make them spread out across the earth?
Answer: Confused their languages.
12. Who did God call out of Ur to move to Canaan?
13. Who was Abram’s wife?
14. Even though Abram and Sarah were too old, what did God promise them?
Answer: A son.
15. When God showed Abram the stars in the sky, what did he promise?
Answer: That Abram would have more descendants than the number of stars.
16. Who was Abram’s handmaid?
17. What was Sarah’s idea for Abram to have a child?
Answer: For Abram to have a child with Hagar.
18. Who was the first son he had?
19. What was Abram’s name changed to?
20. What was Sarai’s name changed to?
21. What was the second son Abraham had?
22. Who did Abraham have his second son with?
23. Where did Hagar and her son leave to?
Answer: Into the desert.
24. Who did Abraham send to find Isaac a wife?
Answer: His oldest servant.
25. Who did the servant choose?
26. What were Isaac’s sons’ names?
Answer: Jacob and Esau.
27. Who was born first?
Answer: Esau came first, with Jacob grabbing his heel.
28. How did Esau provide food for the family?
Answer: He hunted.
29. Who did Isaac favor of his two sons?
30. What did Jacob do most of the time?
Answer: Stayed in the home with his mother.
31. What did Esau receive in exchange for his birthright?
Answer: Some stew.
32. As Isaac was dying and blind, who suggested that Jacob should steal the blessing?
33. How did Esau respond when his birthright was taken?
Answer: Threatened to kill Jacob.
34. When Jacob met Laban, which daughter did he want to marry?
35. Who did Laban trick Jacob into marrying?
36. What did Laban make Jacob do to finally marry Rachel?
Answer: Work another seven years.
37. Who was the first son Jacob had with Rachel?
38. What did God change Jacob’s name to before his meeting with Esau?
39. What did Joseph tell his brothers about his dreams that upset them?
Answer: The dreams said he would become greater and rule over them.
40. How did the brothers get rid of Joseph?
Answer: Sold him to slave traders.
Funny Bible Trivia Questions
We all know the Bible is full of interesting stories, but it also has some funny trivia. This section will showcase the funny Bible trivia questions.
1. What did God say after He created Adam?
Answer: “I can do better than that.” And so, He created woman.
2. Who was the greatest female financier in the Bible?
Answer: Pharaoh’s daughter.
3. Who was the first drug addict in the Bible?
Answer: Nebuchadnezzar — he was on grass for seven years.
4. What was David’s job before he became King?
Answer: He worked as a shepherd.
5. Which river did Jesus get baptized in?
Answer: The Jordan River.
6. Which country did Moses assist the Israelites in fleeing?
7. Which Biblical figure was willing to offer his son Isaac as a sacrifice on an altar?
8. Give the name of the author of the Book of Revelation.
9: What gift did Salome request after dancing for Herod?
Answer: John the Baptist’s head.
10. What did Adam say to Eve as he handed her a garment?
Answer: Collect it or leaf it.
11. What is the total number of books in the New Testament?
12. Where did David go the second time he saved Saul’s life?
Answer: Saul was sleeping at a campsite.
13. What prophet did Saul request to speak with?
14. What did the soldiers put on Jesus’ head during his crucifixion?
Answer: A thorny crown.
15. What were the names of the first two apostles who followed Jesus?
Answer: Peter and Andrew.
16. Which of the apostles was sceptical of Jesus’ resurrection until he saw him for himself?
17. Darius threw who into the lion’s den?
18. After being thrown overboard, who was swallowed by a large fish?
19. With five loaves and two fish, Jesus fed how many people?
36. Where was David the first time he saved Saul’s life?
Answer: He was in a cave.
21: What did Jesus do for the next forty days following his resurrection?
Answer: He ascended to the heavens.
22. How long did the Israelites wander in the wilderness?
Answer: For forty years.
23. Which city’s walls collapsed after the priests blew their trumpets?
25. What is kept in the Ark of the Covenant, according to the Book of Exodus?
Answer: The Ten Commandments.
26. Which of Jesus’ disciples betrayed him?
Answer: Judas Iscariot.
27. Which garden did Jesus pray in before he was arrested?
28. What was the name of the angel who appeared to Mary and told her she would give birth to Jesus?
29. What was the first bird Noah released from the Ark?
Answer: A raven.
30. How did Judas identify Jesus to the soldiers when he betrayed him?
He kissed him.
31. When did God create man, according to the Old Testament?
Answer: The sixth day.
32. How many books are there in the Old Testament?
33. Who was the first to see Jesus after his resurrection?
Answer: Mary Magdalene.
34. God created Eve from what part of Adam’s body?
Answer: His ribs.
35. What miracle did Jesus perform at the Cana wedding?
Answer: He transformed water into wine.
Fun Bible Trivia Questions
There are many fun Bible trivia questions that you can ask your friends, family, or coworkers. But if you don’t have anyone to ask, here are some of the best Bible trivia questions for you to try.
1. How many words are in the shortest verse in the Bible?
Answer: Two. “Jesus wept.”
2. Who is the oldest man mentioned in the Bible?
Answer: Methuselah. He lived 969 years.
3. What book in the Bible doesn’t mention God by name?
Answer: The book of Esther.
4. Who are the five angels mentioned by name in the Bible?
Answer: Abbadon, Gabriel, Michael, Beelzebub, and Satan.
5. What so-called mythological creature is mentioned in the Bible?
Answer: Unicorns, in the King James translation.
6. What is the last word in the Bible?
7. How many wives did King Solomon have?
Answer: He had 700 wives and 300 concubines.
8. What two men in the Bible never died?
Answer: Elijah and Enoch.
9. Who shut the door of Noah’s ark?
10. What street did Judas live on?
Answer: Straight street.
11. Which apostle was a tentmaker?
12. How long did Jesus hang on the cross?
Answer: Six hours – from the third hour to the ninth hour.
13. What were the first spoken words in the Bible?
Answer: “Let there be light.”
14. Who was the only female judge of Israel in the Old Testament?
15. What book in the Bible mentions mowed grass?
16. In the Old Testament, what happened to the kids who mocked Elisha’s bald head?
Answer: They were mauled by two female bears.
17. How tall was the giant, Goliath?
Answer: Nine feet nine inches.
18. What two books of the Bible are named after women?
Answer: Esther and Ruth.
19. How many days after birth was Jesus officially nameless?
Answer: Seven. He was officially named on the eighth day.
20. What person in the Bible was a fast and furious driver?
21. Where in the Bible do we read about the Birth of Jesus?
Answer: Luke 2.
22. Who gave birth to Jesus?
23. Which city did Mary and Joseph travel to for the census?
24. How many miles did Mary and Joseph have to travel to get to Bethlehem?
Answer: 80 miles.
25. How did Mary and Joseph travel to Bethlehem?
Answer: The bible doesn’t specify, but it’s been depicted with Mary on a donkey and Joseph walking beside her.
26. How many angels spoke to the shepherds?
27. What sign were the shepherds supposed to look for when searching for Jesus?
Answer: A baby lying in a manger wrapped in swaddling clothes.
28. Who followed a star to find baby Jesus?
Answer: The wise men.
29. Where was Jesus laid after he was born?
Answer: In a manger.
30. What is a manger?
Answer: A feeding trough.
31. How many wise men were there?
Answer: It is not specified, but it is believed to be three, as three gifts were brought to Jesus.
32. What gifts did the wise men bring to baby Jesus?
Answer: Gold, incense, and myrrh.
33. Who was the one trying to kill Baby Jesus?
Answer: King Herod.
34. Who was the prophet that foretold a virgin shall give birth to a son called Immanuel?
Answer: Prophet Isaiah.
35. What are the five names of Jesus found in the Bible?
Answer: Jesus, Immanuel, Christ, the Mighty God, the Prince of Peace
36. Which direction did the wise men travel to, going to Jerusalem?
37. Where did Jesus’ family flee to from Bethlehem?
38. What else did the wise men do aside from give Jesus gifts?
Answer: They kneeled down and worshipped him.
39. What does the name Immanuel mean?
Answer: “God with us.”
Easy Bible Trivia Questions
This section will provide you with a set of easy Bible trivia questions. These questions are related to the Bible and Christianity, so you should be able to answer them without too much trouble.
1. When the people demanded Saul make a sacrifice to God that only priests should make, what did he do?
Answer: Made the sacrifice anyways.
2. When Saul conquered the Amalekites, what person did he keep as a prisoner instead of killing like God said to?
Answer: The king, Agag.
3. What was Saul’s punishment for disobeying?
Answer: God took his kingdom away.
4. Who was the king of Israel anointed by Samuel after Saul?
5. When the Philistines came to attack the Israelites, who mocked God and challenged them?
Answer: Goliath the giant.
6. When David wanted to fight Goliath, what did Saul try to give him?
Answer: His armor.
7. What did David take from the brook to fight Goliath with?
Answer: Five stones.
8. How many sling-throws did it take David to hit Goliath?
9. Who was Saul’s son that David befriended?
10. What did Saul throw to try to kill David?
Answer: A javelin/spear.
11. What did Jonathan do to save David’s life from Saul?
Answer: Warned him that Saul would try to kill him.
12. What foreign country did David run away to?
Answer: Land of the Philistines/Philistia.
13. Did Saul give up on chasing David when David went into the wilderness?
14. How many times did David spare Saul’s life?
15. Where did David spare Saul’s life the first time?
Answer: In a cave.
16. Where did David spare Saul’s life the second time?
Answer: In the camp where Saul was sleeping.
17. What last judge of Israel died after Saul made a temporary peace with David?
18. Where did David go after Saul continued to hunt him?
Answer: The Land of the Philistines/ Philistia.
19. Where did Saul turn to for advice when he couldn’t sense God’s will?
Answer: A witch.
20. What prophet did he ask to speak to?
21. How did Saul die?
Answer: Fell on his own sword.
22. How many of his sons died in the same battle?
Answer: All of them.
23. Who was David’s captain of his army?
24. When David stayed in Jerusalem, what woman did he see and commit adultery with?
25. Who was Bathsheba’s husband?
26. When Bathsheba got pregnant, what did David make happen to Uriah?
Answer: He was killed in battle.
27. What prophet came to rebuke David?
28. What happened to Bathsheba’s child?
Answer: The child died.
29. When Bathsheba had another child, what did they name him?
30. Who was David’s son that started a rebellion against him?
31. What capital city did David abandon as Absalom came towards it?
32. When the two armies battled, what happened to Absalom’s hair?
Answer: It got caught in a tree.
33. Who killed Absalom?
34. Because he killed Absalom, what was Joab’s punishment?
Answer: He was not captain anymore.
35. What was David’s second sin recorded in the Bible?
Answer: He took a census of the people in his nation.
36. During his time as king, who was David’s main enemy?
37. Which books of the Bible record David’s time as king?
Answer: 1st and 2nd Samuel.
38. Which book did David write most of?
39. Who was David’s son that became king?
40. What trait did Solomon pray for from God?
Hard Bible Trivia Questions
Many hard Bible trivia questions can be difficult to answer without the proper background knowledge. Here are some hard Bible trivia questions and answers for you:
1. How many people did Noah’s ark carry?
2. What are the names of the birds Noah sent out of the ark to check if the water had dried up?
Answer: Raven and dove.
3. When did the exodus from Egypt take place?
Answer: 13th-century BCA.
4. Which celestial bodies did Joshua command to stay still?
Answer: The sun and moon.
5. Which tribe was Paul from?
Answer: Tribe of Benjamin.
6. Which Babylonian emperor let the Israelites return to their homeland?
Answer: Emperor Cyrus the Great.
7. What name was given to the Jewish ruling council that plotted Jesus’ death?
Answer: The Sanhedrin.
8. How many books did Paul write in the Bible?
9. What was Daniel’s punishment for praying when it was not allowed?
Answer: He got thrown into a lion’s den.
10. Who was the father of Jesus?
11. At what age did Sarah, the wife of Abraham, die?
12. How did Jezebel die?
Answer: She was thrown out of a window.
13. Which well did Abraham and Abimelech fight over?
14. Which book of the Bible mentioned Haman?
15. When exactly did the Jews celebrate Passover?
Answer: 14th-day of the 1st month.
16. What was the name of Moses’ wife?
17. How many divisions and sections does the bible have?
Answer: 2 and 8.
18. How long did Enoch live?
Answer: 430 years.
19. Who requested for the head of John the Baptist?
20. Who was killed first between Jesus and John the Baptist?
Answer: John the Baptist.
21. Who did Peter address his first letter to?
Answer: The “elect resident aliens.”
22. What was engraved in the headband of high priests?
Answer: Holiness to the Lord.
23. What kind of spirit possessed the girl in Philippi?
Answer: Python spirit.
24. Who warned Paul about the plot to kill him?
Answer: His nephew.
25. What were the names of the three sons of Adam and Eve?
Answer: Cain, Abel, and Seth.
26. How long did it take Paul to move back to Jerusalem?
Answer: Fourteen years.
27. How many Psalms are in the Bible
28. What was the last plague that forced Pharaoh to finally let the Israelites go?
Answer: Death of the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt.
Difficult Bible Trivia Questions
The Bible is a difficult book to read and understand. Many questions arise when reading the Bible, but these questions can be answered if we think about them. The Bible has answers to all of our questions. The following are some difficult Bible questions for you to try:
1. What did Solomon build for the Lord?
Answer: A temple.
2. What famous queen came to visit Solomon?
Answer: Queen of Sheba.
3. Who convinced Solomon to turn from God?
Answer: His wives.
4. What happened to the kingdom after Solomon’s rule?
Answer: It split in two.
5. Which books of the Bible record all the kings?
Answer: 1st and 2nd Kings, 1st and 2nd Chronicles.
6. Which books of the Bible did Solomon write?
Answer: Song of Solomon and Proverbs and some Psalms.
7. How many kings of Judah were there?
8. How many kings of Israel were there?
9. Who conquered Judah and took Daniel to their country?
10. Whose dream did Daniel interpret in -Babylon?
Answer: King Nebuchadnezzar.
11. Who was the last king Daniel served under in the Bible?
12. When Daniel prayed to God after it was not allowed, where was he thrown into?
Answer: The lion’s den.
13. What were Daniel’s three friends (Babylonian names)?
Answer: Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego.
14. When they refused to bow to an idol, where were they thrown?
Answer: Into a fiery furnace.
15. Who returned to Israel to build up the walls of Jerusalem?
16. What Israelite saved her people from being murdered and was a wife of the king?
17. What daring thing did Esther do to talk with the king?
Answer: Went in to talk without being summoned first.
18. Who let the Israelites return to their homeland?
19. Who eventually came from the lineage of David?
20. Who was the first murder victim?
21. Out of the mouth of which animal did a coin appear in the book of Matthew?
22. As the Israelites were marching, which animal approached them and had a discussion?
Answer: A donkey.
23. How did Ehud lose his knife?
Answer: He stuck it into the King’s fat and the fat consumed it.
24. Which animal were men mauled by when they insulted Elisha?
25. Men were mauled by bears when they insulted Elisha for what?
Answer: Being bald.
26. How did the Holy Spirit descend onto the apostles during Pentecost?
Answer: In a flaming fire.
Hardest Bible Trivia Questions
The questions are difficult and require some biblical knowledge. They are designed to be hard enough so that people can’t just guess their way through them. The purpose of the test is to see if a participant can properly answer all questions without consulting the Bible or any other source. Check our list of hardest Bible quiz in the world:
1. What is the bread and wine Jesus served the disciples at the Last Supper?
Answer: Body & Blood, Soul & Divinity of Jesus Christ.
2. Why is Easter considered the most important Christian celebration?
Answer: The Resurrection means that God’s promise to save His people (Salvation) is fulfilled.
3. What happened to Lots wife when she looked back at the city of Sodom?
Answer: She turned into a pillar of salt.
4. How many disciples are there?
5. What is it called to have an unusual happening that goes against the laws of nature?
6. In the book of Job, dinosaurs are called what?
7. Which Pharisee had a private meeting with Jesus at night?
8. Which chapter of Hebrews tells of great heroes of faith?
Answer: Hebrews 11.
9. Which book tells of Paul’s conversion?
10. What is Pentecost?
Answer: When the Holy Spirit descended onto the apostles in flaming fire to give them the gifts to courageously proclaim the good news of Jesus.
11. What is the sacrament in which we first become children of God?
12. Who was the boy who killed a giant?
13. What does “Eve” mean?
Answer: Mother of all living.
14. Why is Easter celebrated?
Answer: It is the day of Jesus Christ’s Resurrection.
15. In the book of Genesis, God did what to Adam and Eve when he found that they had sinned?
Answer: He expelled them.
16. What was the animal Satan appeared as to Eve in the book of Genesis?
17. Who inspired the people to write the Bible?
Answer: The Holy Spirit.
18. Who is called our Father of Faith?
19. Where do we read the nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit?
Answer: 1 Corinthians 12:8-11.
20. Why did the man who had to be lowered through the roof want to be healed?
Answer: He was paralyzed.
21. Who is the patron saint for lost items?
Answer: St. Anthony.
22. What is another name for reconciliation?
Old Testament Bible Trivia Questions
The Old Testament is the first part of the Christian Bible. It was composed more than a millennium ago, and it tells the story of God’s people from when they were slaves in Egypt to their escape to freedom and how they found a new home in Canaan. Check our list of best Old Testament trivia quiz:
1. How many books are in the Protestant Old Testament?
2. On what day did God create man?
Answer: Sixth day.
3. How many sons did Jacob have?
4. What was the ‘tabernacle’ for?
Answer: To worship God in.
5. From what part of Adam’s body did God create Eve?
6. What did David use to defeat Goliath?
Answer: A sling and a stone.
7. Name one of the two birds Noah sent from the Ark.
Answer: A Raven and a dove.
8. What animal tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden?
Answer: A serpent.
9. What gave Sampson his strength?
Answer: His hair.
10. God asked Abraham to make a sacrifice to Him on Mount Moriah. What was it?
Answer: His son, Isaac.
11. In what language was the Old Testament written?
12. How many people were aboard Noah’s Ark?
13. What sea did Moses part to aid in his people’s escape from the Pharaoh?
Answer: Red Sea.
14. Who were Miriam’s brothers?
Answer: Aaron and Moses.
15. What was The Golden Calf?
Answer: The idol the Israelites worshipped while Moses was away.
16. What did Jacob give Joseph that sparked jealousy from his siblings?
Answer: A coat of many colors.
17. What does the word Israel mean?
Answer: Prevails with God.
18. Who was the only female judge of Israel?
19. What are the four rivers listed as flowing out of Eden?
Answer: Phishon, Gihon, Hiddekel (Tigris) and Phirat (Euphrates).
20. What musical instrument did David play?
Answer: The harp (or lyre).
21. Which of these Old Testament prophets lived during the reign of King Josiah?
22. How were sins forgiven in the Old Testament?
Answer: Animal sacrifice.
23. How many ‘minor prophets’ are there?
24. What is the name commonly given to the first five books of the Old Testament?
25. Who wrote the first five books of the Old Testament?
26. What time period does the Old Testament cover?
Answer: The beginning of man to the time of the Messiah.
37. How did Rahab let the invading Israelites identify her house?
Answer: She tied a red cord in the window.
28. What was the first bird that Noah let out of the ark?
29. What was the name of Abraham’s nephew?
30. What did God ask Abraham to sacrifice to him on Mount Moriah?
Answer: His only son.
31. What did Rachel steal from her father, Laban, when she left home with her husband Jacob?
Answer: Laban’s household gods.
32. When Joseph was in prison, whose dream did he correctly interpret to mean he would be restored to his job?
33. In what was baby Moses hidden?
Answer: An ark of bulrushes.
34. What was the first plague the Lord sent on Egypt?
Answer: Water turned into blood.
35. On what mountain did Moses receive the law from God?
Answer: Mount Sinai.
New Testament Bible Trivia Questions
The second book of the Christian Bible is the New Testament. It is a compilation of 27 works authored by different writers that have been compiled into one volume. Check New Testament trivia questions for a better understanding of the book.
1. In what city was Jesus born?
2. How many books are in the New Testament?
3. What type of insect did John the Baptist eat in the desert?
4. How many people did Jesus feed with five loaves of bread and two fish?
Answer: About 5000 men.
5. After Jesus was arrested, which apostle disowned him three times?
6. Who recognized Jesus as the Messiah when he was presented at the Temple as a baby?
7. Who asked Pilate for Jesus’ body after the crucifixion?
Answer: Joseph of Arimathea
8. Paul was shipwrecked on what island?
9. What is the shortest book in the New Testament?
Answer: 2 John.
10. Matthew was a _________.
Answer: Tax collector.
11. To what city was Saul traveling when he encountered a great and blinding light?
12. Who was the first person to come upon the injured man in the parable of the Good Samaritan?
13. Finish this verse. “In every battle you will need faith as your ______ to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan.”
14. Whose example does Paul say Christians should follow in Chapter 5 of Ephesians?
15. After Jesus fed 5,000+ people with two fish and five loaves of bread, how many baskets were left over?
16. What does Paul say may “abound more and more in knowledge and in all judgment?”
17. According to the Beatitudes who will be filled?
Answer: Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.
18. Who is Stephen in Acts of the Apostles?
Answer: The first Christian martyr.
19. By what name is Paul of Tarsus known before he begins his missionary activity?
20. According to Paul’s formulation in 1 Corinthians, which is the greatest of the imperishable qualities?
21. Who is the high priest of Jerusalem who put Jesus on trial?
22. In the Gospel According to John, which of the apostles doubts Jesus’s resurrection until he sees Jesus with his own eyes?
23. According to the Gospel of Matthew, where does Jesus’s first public sermon take place?
Answer: On the mount.
24. How does Judas signal Jesus’s identity to the Roman officials?
Answer: He kisses him.
25. Who murders John the Baptist?
Answer: Herod Antipas.
26. According to the Gospels, what is the unique literary genre Jesus employs to preach his message?
Answer: The parable.
27. Which Gospel is most concerned with the mystery and identity of the person of Jesus?
28. Who baptizes Jesus?
Answer: John the Baptizer.
29. Who takes Jesus’s body off the cross?
Answer: Joseph of Arimathea.
30. Who is the first apostle to deny Jesus?
31. Which Gospel is written by a doctor?
32. Who wrote most of the books in the New Testament?
33. Which book comes last in the New Testament?
34. What does the word gospel mean?
Answer: Good news.
Bible Trivia Questions for Kids
Bible trivia questions and answers for kids is a fun way to learn about the Bible. It is an excellent resource for Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, or any other time you want your kids to have some fun while learning more about God’s Word.
1. How many days did Jesus stay in the grave before he arose?
Answer: Three days.
2. Who baptized Jesus before his ministry commenced?
Answer: John the Baptist.
3. Who were the human parents of Jesus?
Answer: Joseph and Mary.
4. How many baskets were still filled with food after Jesus fed the 5,000?
What kind of idol did Aaron craft for the Israelites to worship while waiting for Moses?
Answer: A Golden Calf.
5. Who was the first man on earth?
6. Which book comes first in the Bible?
7. Why did God expel Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden?
Answer: They ate the forbidden fruit.
8. How many brothers did Joseph have?
9. Who was the first king of Israel?
10. Who was put inside Lion’s den?
11. How did Joseph’s brothers get him out of the way?
Answer: By selling him into slavery.
12. What was David’s Job before he became a king?
Answer: A shepherd.
13. Where did Jesus walk on water?
Answer: The Sea of Galilee.
14. Who came to Jesus at night?
15. What was Bartimaeus’ challenge?
Answer: He was blind.
16. How many lepers were healed by Jesus, after which only one came back to show gratitude?
17. Which disciple betrayed Jesus?
Answer: Judas Iscariot.
18. Which verse is the shortest in the Bible?
Answer: 5 loaves and 2 fish.
19. Who denied Jesus 3 times?
20. What is the 1st commandment?
Answer: You shall have no other gods before me.
21. Which commandment says honor your father and mother?
Answer: the 5th commandment.
22. What was Apostle Paul’s name before his conversion?
Answer: Saul of Tarsus.
23. Where are the 10 commandments located in the Bible?
Answer: Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5.
24. Who lived on locusts and wild honey?
Answer: John the Baptist.
25. Who was a blind man healed by Jesus?
26. How many days was Lazarus dead before Jesus brought him back to life?
27. Who was king of Judea at Jesus’ birth?
28. Which angel appeared to Mary?
29. What are the names of the Gospel books?
Answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
30. Whom did Jesus call the “Comforter”?
Answer: The Holy Spirit.
31. What did the rich young ruler not want to give up?
Answer: His riches.
32. What disease did Jesus heal ten men of?
Bible Trivia Questions for Teens
The Bible is one of the most influential books in human history. It has provided wisdom and guidance for thousands of years. It has been translated into more than 2,000 languages and is a best-selling book. We have compiled a list of Bible trivia questions for teens that will help you explore this fantastic book.
1. Is the Bible the best-selling book of all time?
2. What names are given to the first and last books in the Bible?
Answer: Genesis and Revelation.
3. What are the four synoptic gospels in the New Testament?
Answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
4. Did David write the whole book of Psalms?
5. How many books are in the Bible?
6. What is the shortest book in the Bible by word count?
Answer: 3 John.
7. What are the original languages the Bible was written in?
Answer: Hebrew and Greek.
8. What did Zacchaeus promise to give to the poor in reparation for his sins?
Answer: Half of his wealth.
9. Where was Saul traveling to when he had a divine encounter and was converted?
10. What did Jacob change his name to?
11. Who cleaned Jesus’ feet with her hair in Luke?
Answer: Mary – Lazarus’s sister.
12. How many words did Moses write in the Bible?
Answer: 125,139 words.
13. In the creation story, when did God create man?
Answer: On the sixth day.
14. Where did Adam and Eve live?
Answer: Garden of Eden.
15. How many days did it rain when Noah was on the ark?
Answer: 40 days and nights.
16. What were the names of Noah’s sons?
Answer: Shem, Ham, Japheth.
17. What mission were the men at the Tower of Babel trying to achieve?
Answer: Build a tower so tall it could touch Heaven.
18. What condition did God give Moses before he could approach the burning bush?
Answer: Take off his sandals.
19. When did Jesus die?
Answer: At the age of 33.
20. Where did the contest between Elijah and the prophets of Baal take place?
Answer: Mount Carmel.
21. When Moses went to get the 10 Commandments, what did Aaron do?
Answer: He made a golden calf for the people to worship.
22. What are the first five books in the Bible called?
23. In which part of the Bible is the perseverance of Job recorded?
24. Who did Abraham have his first child with?
25. What was Abraham’s name before it was changed?
26. What was the name of the first son of Abraham?
27. What animal did the staff of Moses turn into when he went to confront Pharaoh to let the Israelites go?
Bible Trivia Questions for Youth
The Bible quiz for youth is a great way to introduce the Bible to children and teenagers. Spare some time to engage youth in this productive and informative bible quiz for religious enthusiasm and zeal. Here is the list of appropriate questions for youth and other age genders.
1. What is the name of the transportable chest carrying the Ten Commandments?
Answer: Arch of the Covenant.
2. What is the last book in the Old Testament?
3. How did the Israelites stay safe from the final plague in Egypt?
Answer: The put the blood of a lamb on their door frames
4. What was the first thing that God created?
5. What was the boat Noah built called?
Answer: An ark.
6. How many of each type of animal did Noah have on the ark?
7. What are we told to do in the fifth commandment?
Answer: Honor Our Father And Our Mother.
8. People look on the outward appearance, but what does God look on?
Answer: The Heart.
9. This young boy defeated a giant.
10. His father gave him a coat of many colors.
11. How many plagues did God send on Egypt?
12. Who was the Son of God?
13. In the Gospel of Mark, how does the Virgin Mary learn of her pregnancy?
Answer: From The Angel Gabriel.
14. What did Moses say God commanded the Pharaoh to do?
Answer: Let the Israelite slaves go free.
21 How many disciples or apostles did Jesus have?
15. Which of the apostles betrayed Jesus?
16. What was the name of the Sea where Jesus calmed a storm.
Answer: The sea of galilee.
17. When Christians observe Palm Sunday, what biblical narrative are they celebrating?
Answer: Jesus’s entry into Jerusalem before his death.
18. How did Jesus die?
Answer: He was crucified.
19. What did Joseph’s brothers tell their father had happened to him?
Answer: They said Joseph was killed by a wild animal.
20. Where did the slave traders take Joseph?
21. Who bought Joseph?
Answer: Potiphar, captain of the Pharaoh’s guards.
22. Who got Joseph thrown into prison by lying about him?
Answer: Potiphar’s wife.
23. Who else was in prison with Joseph?
Answer: The Pharaoh’s cupbearer and chief baker.
24. What did Joseph do for them?
Answer: Interrupted their dreams.
25. Why was Joseph summoned out of prison by the Pharaoh?
Answer: To interrupt his dream.
26. What position of power was Joseph given by the Pharaoh?
Answer: Second in command of Egypt.
27. What catastrophe did Joseph predict by interpreting the Pharaoh’s dream?
Answer: A severe, seven-year famine.
28. Who came to Egypt that Joseph recognized because of the famine?
Answer: His brothers.
29. How did Moses’ mother save him from the Egyptian soldiers?
Answer: Put him in a basket in the river.
30. What did Moses do after he killed an Egyptian?
Answer: Ran away into the desert.
31. Through what did God speak to Moses in the desert?
Answer: A burning bush.
32. When Moses confronted the Pharaoh, what did his staff turn into when he threw it on the ground?
Answer: A snake.
Bible Trivia Questions for Adults
Bible quiz questions and answers for adults is an interactive and educational game that will help you learn more about the Bible. The questions are divided into different categories: Bible verses, people in the Bible, events in the Bible, etc.
1. How many books have the name John in them?
Answer: Four (John, 1 John, 2, John, 3 John).
2. Who preached at Pentecost?
3. What amazing miracle happened with languages?
Answer: Everybody heard the sermon in their own language.
4. Who was Saul?
Answer: He persecuted Christians.
5. What happened when he was on the road to Damascus?
Answer: He had a changing experience with Jesus.
6. What was his name changed to?
7. Who was exiled to an island?
8. Who was crucified upside down?
9. How many deacons were chosen to help the apostles to distribute food to widows?
10. Which Apostle took the Gospel to the city of Samaria?
11. Where did Peter stay during his ministry in the city of Joppa?
Answer: In the house of Simon the tanner.
12. What did Peter’s vision about the unclean animals mean?
Answer: That all people can be made clean through Jesus – aka non-Jews can be saved.
13. In what city were Jesus’ followers first called “Christians”?
14. Which Apostle shared the Gospel with an Ethiopian official on the road to Gaza?
15. Who went with Paul on his early mission trips?
16. Where can you find the 10 commandments in the Bible?
Answer: Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5.
17. What is the preamble or introduction to the Commandments?
Answer: I am the LORD your God who brought you out of Egypt (slavery).
18. What is the 1st commandment?
Answer: You shall have no other gods before me.
19. What is the 2nd commandment?
Answer: You shall not make idols.
20. What is the 3rd commandment?
Answer: You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God.
21. What is the 4th commandment?
Answer: Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
22. What is the 5th commandment?
Answer: Honor your father and mother.
23. What is the 6th commandment?
Answer: You shall not murder.
24. What is the 7th commandment?
Answer: You shall not commit adultery.
25. What is the 8th commandment?
Answer: You shall not steal.
26. What is the 9th commandment?
Answer: You shall not give false testimony.
27. What is the 10th commandment?
Answer: You shall not covet.
Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
The Bible contains many stories that have been retold over time in different forms of media. From movies to plays to songs, there are many ways to experience these stories and learn about our history. This section contains bible trivia questions and answers about bible passages, people, and places from the Bible.
1. What prophet fled to Tarshish when he got caught up in a storm?
2. Which prophet was fed by ravens?
3. What kind of animals were the Israelites commanded to bring to God as sacrifice?
Answer: First born animals.
4. How many years were the Israelites in captivity when Ezekiel received his Vision of Jerusalem?
Answer: Six years.
5. What was the one thing Elijah left behind when God took him to heaven?
Answer: His cloak.
6. What is described as an “unruly evil full of deadly poison”?
Answer: The tongue.
7. “We are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day,” wrote Paul, referring to what?
Answer: The apostles.
8. How does faith come?
Answer: By hearing the word of God.
9. What wife of Nabal later became David’s wife?
10. Noah was tenth in line from which man?
11. Which mischievous woman tricked Samson into revealing the secret of his strength?
12. After the start of his trials, Job calls down evil upon which day?
Answer: His birthday.
13. When Jesus cast out demons, they entered into which animals, causing them to go off a cliff?
14. What location does Jesus say to light a lamp for all to see?
Answer: On a stand.
15. How many days was Jonah in the belly of the big fish?
Answer: three days & three nights.
16. How much of his wealth did Zacchaeus give to the poor?
Answer: Half of it.
17. What will be the outcome of honoring your father and your mother?
Answer: You will live long in the land.
18. In Luke, the woman cleans Jesus’ feet with what two things?
Answer: Her tears and her hair.
19. In which book of the Bible is this verse found: “Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it.”?
20. In Revelation, Jesus says: “Do not be afraid, I am the _____ and the ______.”
Answer: First & Last.
21. Complete the verse: “The _____ ______ of the wise are more to be heeded than the shouts of a ruler of fools.”?
Answer: Quiet words.
22. When Jesus died, what three things happened?
Answer: Earthquake, veil in the temple torn, tombs broke open.
23. Noah sent two birds from the ark, what were they?
Answer: A dove & a raven.
24. Out of the two birds Noah sent from the ark, which did he send first?
Answer: The raven.
25. How was Ruth related to Naomi?
Answer: Ruth was Naomi’s daughter-in-law.
26. What did the devil offer Jesus if he bowed down and worshipped him?
Answer: All the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
27. What was Jesus’ profession?
28. What did Jesus turn into wine?
29. Who demanded John the Baptist’s head on a platter?
30. Finish the Beatitude: “Blessed be the meek…”
Answer: “…for they shall inherit the earth.”
31. With what did Samson kill 1,000 Philistines?
Answer: The jaw of a donkey.
32. What did Jesus mean when he said to his disciples, “Do this in remembrance of me”?
33. Who did the Jews set free that led to Jesus’ Crucifixion?
34. What is the first verse of the Bible?
Answer: “In the beginning, God created the Heaven and the Earth.”
35. Complete this Bible verse: “I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of…”?
36. This Bible verse is from which Psalm? “Blessed is the man that walkith not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standith in the way of sinners, nor sittith in the seat of the scornful,”?
Answer: Psalm 1.
37. What does K.J.V. stand for?
Answer: King James Version.
38. What is the name of the river baby Moses floated down to escape?
Answer: The Nile.
39. What is the devil’s angel name?
40. Who did King David have an affair with and then kill her husband?
5 Benefits of Playing Bible Trivia Game
Enhance Bible Knowledge
As mentioned earlier, playing bible questions trivia game can help you learn more about the Bible and its teachings. It is conducive for people who don’t have any religious affiliation or background but want to know more about the book that has had such a massive impact on society throughout history.
Improve Your Memory
Playing bible trivia questions game can improve your memory skills and make it easier to recall information. Playing Bible Trivia Game can help you understand the Bible better. Bible trivia games will also help you learn new bible verses and memorize them quickly.
It can help you memorize verses that you may not have been able to learn otherwise, or at least help you remember them better than if you had tried learning them on your own without using a game like this one.
Connects Friends and Family
These games are also an excellent way for families and friends to spend time together while playing and talking about their favorite parts of the Bible while they play.
Religious Teaching Method
Bible trivia is an excellent technique for teaching children about the Bible and how it relates to their lives. Using a bible quiz with answers, children will understand the Bible in chunks from easy to challenging levels. Parents and teachers should use our Bible quiz questions and answers to educate their kids well.
The actual teaching of the Bible strengthens faith and enhances the spiritual connection with God. Through bible trivia questions and answers, you will understand the Bible and what God wants to deliver his message to humankind. The verses and words of the Bible will appeal to your heart, and it will compel you to adhere to obey the teaching of God.
Final Thoughts on geography Quiz Questions
The world is full of stupid games, but playing Bible trivia questions game is a productive activity. It is best to play this game with family and friends to get real insights into the Bible and build a spiritual connection with God.
Our Bible trivia questions and answers can enable you to grasp significant and deep aspects of the Bible. Whether you are a scholar, religious teacher, parent, or teenager, it’s equally appropriate and effective for all. You can play it anywhere and at any time.
You can use Bible quiz questions to test your friends and family’s knowledge of the Bible. Apart from religious learning, it will build your various skills such as analytical skills, decision-making skills, social skills, and many more. It will also aid you in increasing your knowledge about the Bible if you don’t belong to Christianity.
Hurry up! Please don’t waste your time and choose your favorite questions from our above-mentioned categories-wise list. Good luck! Have your time.