Are you a huge animal lover? Then you’re going to love these fun animal quiz questions. It’s a great way to test your animal trivia IQ and learn some new facts about animals. Plus, it’s something you can do with your family and friends.
How do you play on animal quiz questions? To keep you on your toes, these animal trivia questions about mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and insects run the gamut, from easy animal trivia to hard animal trivia and everything in between.
Animals are fascinating creatures, and there are many interesting animal quiz questions and answers about them. Some of these questions include: What animal can stand on its head? Which animal can stand on its hind legs? How long does it take a cat to get up after being knocked down? What color is a polar bear? And many more!
Best Animal Quiz Questions of All Time
Animal trivia is a perfect way to have a good time with friends. You will find out of your friends knows the most about animals, you will also learn a strange fact you never knew. Animal quiz questions are perfect for family game night, a gathering of friends. There are some animal quiz questions you can ask all the time.
1. Which mammal is known to have the most powerful bite in the world?
2. What object does a male penguin often gift to a female penguin to win her over?
Answer: A pebble.
3. How long is an elephant pregnant before it gives birth?
Answer: 22 Months.
4. What are the only two mammals are the only ones known to lay eggs?
Answer: The anteater and the duck-billed platypus.
5. Why are flamingos pink?
Answer: Because of their diet of algae, shrimps and crustaceans.
6. A dog sweats through which part of its body?
Answer: Its paws.
7. What is the size of a newborn kangaroo?
Answer: 1 inch.
8. How far away can a wolf smell its prey?
Answer: Almost 2 miles.
9. Which animal is known to spend 90% of its day, sleeping?
10. What color is the tongue of a giraffe?
11. Which animal’s stripes are on their skin as well as their fur?
12. Which animal’s poop is known to take the shape of cubes?
13. Under their white fur, what color is a polar bear’s skin?
14. How many compartments are in a cow’s stomach?
15. How long does it take a sloth to digest a meal?
Answer: Two weeks.
16. A wart-covered amphibian with leathery skin is a what?
17. A baby goat is called what?
18. What’s the only mammal that’s able to fly?
19. What’s a group of kittens called?
20. What are the horns of a rhinoceros made of?
21. How many humps does a Bactrian camel have?
22. What name is given to a female deer?
23. How do sea otters keep from drifting apart while they sleep?
Answer: They hold hands.
24. What animal is known by the nickname “sea cow?”
25. What animal is said to have 9 lives?
26. What is the only mammals that can’t jump?
27. What animal is the largest mammal in the world?
Answer: Blue Whale.
28. What animal eats mainly bamboo?
29. What animal is known to be ‘man’s best friend’?
30. Which animal can stand on its tail?
31. Which animal is the tallest in the world?
32. How far can a skunk spray?
Answer: 10 feet.
33. What animal is covered in quills?
34. A Pomsky is a mixture of what two dog breeds?
Answer: Pomeranian and Siberian Husky.
35. What is a group of cats called?
Answer: A clowder.
36. Which has the thickest fur of any mammal?
Answer: Sea otter.
37. The age of a lion can be determined by its…?
38. What is the only mammal capable of true flight?
39. A newborn kangaroo is about the size of a…?
Answer: Lima bean.
40. The name of which African animal means “river horse”?
41. The king cobra is also called what?
Answer: The hamadryad.
42. Where do a tortoise lay its eggs?
Answer: In a hole in the ground.
43. What feature is visibly different between alligators and crocodiles?
Answer: Their snout.
44. Are most reptiles cold-blooded or warm-blooded?
45. What’s the name of the largest snake in the world?
46. What reptile is known for the ability to change its body color?
47. What is the smallest mammal in the world?
Answer: Bumblebee bat.
48. The top of the turtle’s shell is called what?
49. Why do poison dart frogs often have very brightly colored skin?
Answer: To warn predators that they are dangerous.
50. Nearly all amphibians undergo a significant change from infancy to adulthood called what?
51. Why do frogs croak?
Answer: To attract a mate.
52. What covers tree frogs’ toes to help them climb and hang upside down?
Answer: Sticky mucus.
53. What’s the maximum amount of time Alaskan wood frogs can survive being frozen?
Answer: Seven months.
54. The larvae stage of a frog is called what?
55. What’s the largest type of frog?
Answer: Goliath frog.
56. Do frogs lay eggs?
57. Do axolotls live in the water or on land?
Answer: In the water.
58. Which amphibian has a tail?
59. How many groups of amphibians are there?
General Animal Quiz Questions
Some general animal trivia questions are perfect for fun and use in a variety of settings. These sort of animal facts quiz can help you to know how much knowledge they have about animals.
1. What’s the name of the frog that has translucent skin, so you can see its internal organs, bones and muscles through its skin?
Answer: A glass frog.
2. The dusky gopher frog is also referred to as?
Answer: The Mississippi gopher frog.
3. What’s a group of frogs called?
Answer: An army, colony or a knot.
4. Are frogs more active during the day or at night?
Answer: At night.
5. How far can frogs jump?
Answer: They can jump over 20 times their own body length.
6. What’s the most poisonous frog on Earth?
Answer: The golden dart frog.
7. What do you call a frog’s ears?
8. Where are a cricket’s ears located?
Answer: On their legs.
9. Which butterfly migrates?
10. How much weight can ants lift?
Answer: 5,000 times their own body weight.
11. What color are elephant hawk-moths?
12. How are an insect’s eyes different from human eyes?
Answer: They are made up of thousands of tiny lenses.
13. What is the loudest animal on Earth?
Answer: Sperm Whale.
14. The unicorn is the national animal of which country?
15. What are the folds of skin on a cat’s ears called?
Answer: “Henry’s pockets” or cutaneous marginal pouches.
16. How many legs do cockroaches have?
17. A group of ravens is known as?
18. How long does the average housefly live for?
Answer: 28 days.
19. What part of its body does a butterfly taste with?
Answer: Their feet.
20. How many flowers do honey bees have to visit in order to make one pound of honey?
Answer: 2 million.
21. How do some female dragonflies avoid mating with undesirable males?
Answer: They play dead.
22. How long have dragonflies been on Earth?
Answer: 300 million years.
23. What is the loudest insect in the world?
24. What insect was the first living creature to be sent into space?
Answer: Fruit flies.
25. How much weight can a horned dung beetle pull?
Answer: 1141 times its own body weight.
26. How many different species of ladybugs are there?
27. How fast can Dracula ants move?
Answer: 90 meters per second.
28. What type of animal is a Flemish giant?
29. What is the smallest known insect?
30. What are the three body parts of an insect called?
Answer: The head, thorax and abdomen.
Easy Animal Quiz Questions
If you want to play trivia games with your children, you can start with easy animal trivia questions. These easy animal quiz questions and answers will enable them to expand their thinking abilities and gain in-depth knowledge of animals.
1. What is the proper name for a group of kittens?
Answer: A Kindle.
2. What percent does a cat spend its life sleeping?
3. What is currently the largest land mammal on the planet?
Answer: The African Elephant.
4. Which land mammal has a tongue that stretches as long as two feet?
5. Name the smallest fish in the ocean.
Answer: Dwarf Pygmy Goby.
6. What kind of fish is Nemo from the film Finding Nemo?
7. What fish is known to be the largest in the world?
Answer: Whale Shark.
8. What is the proper name for the elephant that leads its herd?
9. Which flightless bird is known to be the emblem of New Zealand?
10. Which primate is known to be the largest in the world?
11. What is the proper name for a herd of zebra?
12. Which continent is home to the aardvark?
13. In North America, which rodent is known to be the largest?
14. Is a giraffe considered an omnivore, carnivore, or herbivore?
15. What dogs are a part of the smallest dog breed in the world?
16. Lemurs are only native to which country?
17. Which plant is known to be a panda’s main source of food?
18. What is the proper name for a group of giraffes?
19. Which sea creatures are known to hold a natural pearl?
20. What breed of dog is Marley from the film Marley & Me?
Answer: Yellow Labrador Retriever.
21. Shrek is known to be friends with which common farm animal?
22. Zoophobia is known as the fear of what?
23. How many legs are on the body of a lobster?
24. What is the only food source for Koala Bears?
25. What is the proper name for a herd of twelve or more cows?
26. A spider has how many eyes?
27. Which bird is known to be the symbol of peace?
28. What is the proper name for a baby kangaroo?
29. What is the name for an animal that sleeps during the day but remains awake at night?
30. Which lizard is known to be the largest in the world?
Answer: Komodo Dragon.
31. What is the proper name for a group of geese?
32. What animal does a tadpole grow into?
Answer: A frog or a salamander.
33. The famous video game character, Sonic, is known to be what kind of animal?
34. A starfish is known to have how many arms?
35. What is the proper name for a group of crows?
36. The famous dog Lassie is known to be which dog breed?
Hard Animal Quiz Questions
Asking hard animal trivia questions is a good way to test your friends’ IQ about animals. You can learn about their general knowledge about animals. These are some hard animal quiz questions you can ask.
1. What is a baby goat called?
Answer: A kid.
2. What is the oldest mammal in the world?
Answer: Bowhead whales.
3. What animal do they say humans evolved from?
Answer: Great apes or large apes.
4. Is a penguin a bird? Yes or no?
5. What is the fastest sea animal?
Answer: A sailfish.
6. How many bones does a shark have?
Answer: No bones in its body.
7. What is a polar bear’s skin color?
8. What is the slowest animal on earth?
Answer: A sloth.
9. How many legs does a spider have?
Answer: 8 legs.
10. What is a female deer called?
Answer: A doe.
11. What is the only mammal capable of flight?
Answer: Bats are capable of flight and are a mammal.
12. What is the fastest animal on Earth?
Answer: A cheetah.
13. Are there any mammals that lay eggs?
Answer: There are only two mammals that lay eggs. The duck-billed platypus and the spiny anteater.
14. What is called when there are twelve or more cows?
Answer: A flink.
15. A cow’s stomach has how many compartments?
16. How many toes does a cat have on its back paws?
17. What is a female donkey called?
Answer: A “Jenny” is the name of a female donkey.
18. What are baby kangaroos called?
Answer: A baby kangaroo is called a “Joey.”
19. How long can a snail sleep?
Answer: 13 to 15 hours each night.
20. When do cats sleep?
Answer: During the daylight.
21. Where is the komodo dragon originally from?
22. Is a cheetah part of the cat family?
Answer: Yes, a cheetah is part of the cat family.
23. What animal has the longest lifespan?
Answer: African elephants.
24. What is the largest shark in the ocean?
Answer: A whale shark is the largest shark in the ocean.
25. About how big is an American honey bee?
Answer: 15mm long.
26. What animal eats bones?
Answer: A bearded vulture is known for eating bones.
27. What is a snake shed?
Answer: A molting of skin that occurs regularly.
28. What is a baby fox called?
Answer: A baby fox is called a “pup.”
29. What is the largest mammal on Earth?
Answer: A blue whale is the largest mammal on Earth.
30. Dick King-Smith wrote a book about a pig named what?
31. What is the smallest mammal on Earth?
Answer: The bumblebee bat.
32. What color eyes do owls have who hunt at twilight?
Answer: Red or orange eyes hunt at twilight.
33. A blue whale cavy is another name for what animal and pet?
Answer: A guinea pig.
34. Where does a Brazilian wandering spider live?
Answer: In Brazil.
35. How many dogs survived the Titanic?
36. How many species of dogs exist on Earth?
Answer: There are about 340 breeds.
37. What two mammals lay eggs?
Answer: Spiny anteater and the duck-billed platypus.
38. What is Scotland’s national animal?
Answer: The fictional unicorn.
39. What is the national animal of Africa?
Answer: A springbok.
40. What animal has the highest blood pressure?
41. How many noses does a snail have?
Answer: 4 noses.
42. What land animal is going into extinction in 2020?
Answer: The Sumatran Rhino.
43. What is the fastest bird on Earth?
Answer: The Peregrine Falcon.
44. How many arms does a starfish have?
Answer: Five arms.
45. What animal has the highest blood pressure on earth?
Answer: A giraffe.
46. About how many glasses of milk could a cow provide in its lifespan?
Answer: 200,000 glasses of milk.
47. What is the only bird that can fly backwards?
Answer: A hummingbird can fly backward.
48. According to Newton’s law, should a bee be able to fly?
Funny Animal Quiz Questions
To make the environment more fun and enjoyable, you can ask funny animal quiz questions to your friends or family members. Some of the fun animal trivia questions are,
1. What is the slowest animal on land?
Answer: The sloth.
2. What is the female deer called?
Answer: The doe.
3. What is a female tiger called?
Answer: A tigress or tiger.
4. How many dogs are there in a pack of African wild dogs?
Answer: Two to 40. The most successful packs, however, have around seven to 15 pack members.
5. Where is the only place on their body dogs have sweat glands?
Answer: The pads of their paws.
6. How many toes does a guinea pig have?
Answer: 14 in total. They have four toes on their front feet and three toes on their back feet.
7. Which animal has the highest blood pressure?
Answer: The giraffe. The blood pressure of giraffes measures 280/180 mm Hg, which is two times higher than ours!
8. How many species of wild cats are there?
9. What does the bat use to navigate and locate its prey?
Answer: Echolocation. It sends out a series of high-frequency sound waves that humans can’t hear – the ultrasound.
10. What is the largest land mammal?
Answer: The African bush elephant. The largest African bush elephant weighed 10.4 tonnes. Males are called bulls, and their shoulder height is around 13 feet (4 meters).
11. What is the smallest mammal?
Answer: The Kitti’s hog-nosed bat. Also known as the bumblebee bat, it’s only about an inch (2.9 to 3.3 mm) long and weighs only 0.02 ounces (1.7 grams).
12. Does a male lion join the hunt?
Answer: Yes. Even though lionesses lead most hunts, male lions do join the hunt from time to time, especially when the pride aims to take down larger prey, such as a buffalo, giraffe, a hippo, and even an elephant.
13. What is a female elephant called?
Answer: A cow. A male elephant is called a bull.
14. Which mammal found in Australia is venomous?
Answer: The male duck-billed platypus. It’s got half-inch spurs on each of its hind legs that can inject venom. They use this weapon when defending themselves or fighting with other males during mating season.
15. How do vampire bats drink blood?
Answer: They lap it up. Contrary to popular belief, vampire bats don’t just sink their pointy teeth into prey and suck blood. In reality, they create a wound on their target with a bite, then lap up the blood that flows out.
16. What is the smallest cat in the big cat family?
Answer: The rusty-spotted cat. At only 3 pounds (1.3 kg) with a length of about 17 inches (43 cm), it’s around the same size as domestic cats.
Good Animal Quiz Questions
Good animal quiz questions are perfect to use with your guests or kids. Divide your guest into teams or play as individuals. You can play this game while keeping track of how many questions you get right. A small prize for the winner will add interest.
1. What type of reptile can detach their tails when they are in danger and then regrow it?
2. What’s the scientific name of a wolf?
Answer: Canis lupus.
3. What is a female fox called?
4. Which mammal has no vocal cords?
5. What’s the fastest land animal in the world?
Answer: The cheetah.
6. How many eyes does a bee have?
7. Which animal symbolizes good luck in Europe?
8. What name is used to refer to a group of frogs?
Answer: An army.
9. How many hearts does an octopus have?
10. Do sponges have hearts?
11. What is the common element between Grey, Bean, Canada, Brent, and Barnacle?
Answer: They are types of Geese.
12. What is the scent used for an artificial hare at greyhound racing tracks?
13. Britain’s largest carnivorous animal is what?
14. A horses height is measured from the ground to what part?
Answer: Withers, or the base of neck crest line.
15. The Firefly, Longhorn, Harlequin and Tortoise are types of what kind of creatures?
16. What is the correct name for The Laughing Jackass?
17. Slugs have four of what?
18. The Order of the Elephant is the highest award of what country?
19. What was the name of the racehorse decapitated in the film The Godfather?
20. Russian blue and Turkish brown are what kind of animals?
21. Of all of the insects, which has the best eyesight?
23. Which dinosaurs name translates as double beam?
24. The hippopotamus belongs to what animal family?
25. What was the name of the first Seeing Eye Dog in the US?
26. In Kansas by law, you can’t drive what down the public street?
27. In Disney’s Jungle book what are the names of the four vultures?
Answer: John, Paul, George, and Ringo.
28. What dinosaurs name translates as roof lizard?
29. In the story Animal Farm, what kind of creature was Benjamin?
30. What do you call a group of Colts?
Answer: A rag In Utah you can get a license to hunt what Dinosaurs.
31. What does a myrmecologist study?
32. How many eyes do caterpillars have?
33. What’s the largest group of insects?
34. What’s a newly hatched butterfly called?
35. Fireflies are also known by what name?
Answer: Lightning bug.
36. What kind of turtle can’t retract into its shell?
Answer: Sea turtle.
37. What kind of animal is a Komodo dragon?
Answer: A Lizard.
38. What does a snake shed a few times a year?
Answer: Its skin.
39. Which animal can move its eyes independently?
Answer: A chameleon.
40. What animal breathes out of its butt?
41. How many layers of skin does a chameleon have?
42. What do snakes use to smell?
Answer: Their tongue.
Fun Animal Quiz Questions
Gather your family and spend the evening answering the fun animal trivia questions. Everyone from the toddler to grandma will have a great time with fun animal trivia.
1. Which animal can turn its head completely?
Answer: Praying mantis.
2. How many known species of Kangaroo Rat are there?
Answer: 20. They can jump as high as 2.7 meters.
3. Where do Snow Leopards live?
Answer: They live at an altitude of 3,000-4,500 meters.
4. Which type of insect produces a special kind of fabric?
Answer: Silkworm moths.
5. How fast do a bee’s wings beat per second?
Answer: 190 times a second.
6. For how long does a Guinea Pigs sleep each day.
Answer: They sleep for 4 hours.
7. In all of Animal Kingdom, what is the loudest animal on Earth?
Answer: A Cicada.
8. What living creature from Earth was sent into space for the first time?
Answer: Fruit Flies.
9. How much can a horned dung beetle lift?
Answer: 1141 times its body weight.
10. What type of animal is a basenji?
Answer: Hunting Dogs.
11. What is the fastest speed of Dracula Ants?
Answer: 90 meters a second.
12. How many babies can a German cockroach produce in a year?
13. “Murder” is the collective noun for a group of which birds?
14. Which ant has the most painful sting?
Answer: Bullet ant.
15. Flittermouse is an old English name for which mammal?
16. Pyrenean, fainting, and alpine are all breeds of which animal?
Answer: The Goat.
17. How many types of venomous snakes are out there?
Answer: roughly 700 types.
18. Camelopard is an old English name for which animal?
Answer: The Giraffe.
19. How long does it take baby goats to start walking after they are born?
Answer: 1-2 minutes.
20. Are male Swans larger than female Swans?
21. Saint Helena is the largest species of which order of insects?
22. What is the largest lizard on Earth?
Answer: Comodo Dragons.
23. What is the tallest animal on Earth?
Answer: Giraffes, can grow up to 18 feet in height.
24. Where do Tasmanian Devils store most of their body fat?
Answer: Their tails. Tasmanian Devils can eat 40% of their body weight every single day.
Famous Animal Quiz Questions
There are some famous animal quiz questions and answers you can ask your friends or family members at get together a party for great entertainment.
1. What sort of cartoon animals were Chip ‘N Dale?
2. Who has a horse called Black Bess?
Answer: Dirk Turpin.
3. What sort of animal was Rikki Tikki Tavi in Jungle Book?
Answer: A mongoose.
4. A cross-eyed lion named Clarence and a chimpanzee named Judy were popular animal characters in which 1960s American family drama series?
5. Greyfriars Bobby was a Skye Terrier who became known in the 19th-century city for spending 14 years guarding the grave of his owner in which British city?
6. What was the name of the dog who served as the model for an 1898 painting by Francis Barraud titled His Master’s Voice?
7. Who rode a horse called Bucephalus?
Answer: Alexander the Great.
8. What’s the name of the pet dog of Dennis the Menace in the British comic strip from The Beano?
9. What was the name of the dog in the humorous novel Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome?
10. Which cat chases after Tweetie Pie?
11. What was the name of Long John Silver’s parrot?
Answer: Captain Flint (Treasure Island).
12. Where might you see Toby the Dog, Hector the Horse and a crocodile?
Answer: In a Punch and Judy show.
13. What’s the name of Postman Pat’s cat?
14. What was the name of the Duke of Wellington’s horse at the Battle of Waterloo?
15. What’s the name of Dorothy’s dog in the Wizard of Oz?
16. Who had a horse called Trigger and a German Shepherd dog named Bullet?
Answer: Roy Rogers.
17. Whose attempts to control the excitable Shep led to his catchphrase “Get down, Shep!”?
Answer: John Noakes.
18. The Secret Seven had a dog called Scamper, but what was the name of the dog in the Famous Five series of books?
19. What was the name of the horse in the Steptoe and Son television series?
20. Which British TV rat had the occupation of superstar?
Answer: Roland Rat.
21. Who is best known for his catchphrase “Ha Ha Ha! Boom! Boom!”?
Answer: Basil Brush.
22. Who had a clever sidekick called Dennis the Dachshund?
Answer: Larry the Lamb.
23. What animal is Penfold in Danger Mouse?
24. What was the name of the black and white collie dog who found the stolen Jules Rimet World Cup in March 1966?
25. Which American President had a pet cat called Socks?
Answer: Bill Clinton.
26. What was the name of Don Quixote’s horse in the novel Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes?
27. In 1996, what was the name of the sheep that became the first successfully cloned mammal from an adult cell?
28. What was the name of the Moscow street dog who became the first dog in space?
29. What is the name of Harry Potter’s pet owl?
30. Incitatus was the favourite horse of which Roman emperor?
Farm Animal Quiz Questions
If you love farm animals, you can ask something about farm animal trivia questions that help you better understand your friends’ knowledge about animals. There are a lot of questions about chickens, pigs, horses, and cows to ask that are related to farm animal trivia questions.
1. What is a Gloucestershire Old Spot?
Answer: A Breed of Pig.
2. Which breed of cow is the biggest producer of milk in the UK?
3. What name is used to describe a chicken that is bred entirely for its meat?
Answer: A Broiler.
4. Which breed of sheep is usually found in the English Lake District?
5. What was the first breed of animal known to have been domesticated as a source of food?
6. In the 1950’s and 1960’s many farm tractors ran on a fuel that was known as TVO. What does TVO stand for??
Answer: Tractor Vaporization Oil TVO, as a fuel, is similar to paraffin.
7. What name is given to the type of animal, common amongst farm animals, that have four stomachs?
8. What is the underside of a horse’s hoof called?
9. What color is the face of a Suffolk Sheep?
10. In farming, what is the name of the process where there is a loss of water-soluble plant nutrients from the soil?
11. Which country is the world’s biggest producer of wheat?
12. How many acres are there in a hectare?
Answer: The simple answer is 2½acres; the precise answer is 2.47105 acres.
13. On average, how many grains of wheat are there in a ton (or tonne)?
Answer: Around 20 million.
14. What is the name of the process of pulling a deep tine through the ground to remove compaction?
15. In fertiliser, what does N P K stand for?
Answer: Nitrogen, Phosphate, Potash.
16. Grass Staggers in Cattle and Sheep is caused by a deficiency of which mineral?
17. How many hairs do a dog shed each day?
Answer: About 1,000 hair per day.
18. Can you tell if the chicken will be a red ear-lobed chicken before they hatch?
19. How many compartments are there in a Cow’s stomach?
20. Which farm animal can be hypnotized?
21. How many eggs does a chicken lay each year?
Answer: 250 eggs per year.
22. What is the primary food of Sheep?
23. What is a male duck called?
24. What is the closest living relative to the T-rex?
25. What male sea creature gives birth to its young?
26. Which sea creature can change its gender?
27. What is the deadliest creature in the world?
28. What four common species of animals die soon after giving birth?
Answer: Octopus, squid, salmon, and common mayfly.
29. What type of fish mate for life?
30. Where on the body are a crab’s taste buds?
Answer: Its feet.
31. What is a baby hedgehog called?
32. percentage of baby animals are raised by both parents?
Answer: Three percent.
33. People from which country brought domestic cats to the United States?
34. What are the only two mammals that lay eggs?
Answer: Spiny anteater and duck-billed platypus.
Random Animal Quiz Questions
When you are in this quiz game, you can ask random animal trivia questions to entertain your guest or your friends.
1. How many teeth can a crocodile have over its lifetime?
Answer: Up to 4,000.
2. What animal was reintroduced to Yellowstone National park?
3. What is the primary diet of an American wolf?
Answer: Deer, Elk, and Bison.
4. Dogs have sweat glands in only one place, what is it?
Answer: Their paws.
5. What is the national bird of the United States?
Answer: The bald eagle.
6. What is a rhino’s horn made out of?
7. An elephant tusk is called what?
8. How much does a baby goat weigh on average?
Answer: 4 to 6 pounds.
9. How long does it take for a sloth to digest food?
Answer: It can take two weeks for a sloth to digest its food.
10. What are the only birds to have direct descent from dinosaurs?
Answer: All birds.
11. What lion is located in California?
Answer: A mountain lion.
12. How many eggs with the average chicken lay?
Answer: About 250 eggs per year.
13. What is the most popular household pet?
14. How many animal lives do they say that cats have?
Answer: 9 lives.
15. Why do frogs blink their eyes and close their eyes when they eat?
Answer: To help push food down their throats.
16. What is the flightless bird that’s featured on the New Zealand emblem?
Answer: A kiwi.
17. What living bird has the longest life span?
Answer: A Laysan Albatross.
18. What living bird has the longest wingspan?
Answer: The wandering albatross.
19. What is the oldest animal on Earth?
Answer: Aldabra giant tortoise at 187 years old.
20. What is the only animal that can’t jump?
Answer: An elephant.
21. What color eggs do red ear-lobed chickens lay?
Answer: A brown egg.
22. What is the only mammal to have a tusk?
Answer: The elephant.
23. Where can a wild ram or sheep be found on Earth?
Answer: Rocky Mountain region of North America.
24. Where is a lion originally from?
Answer: Sub-Saharan Africa.
25. How many species of monkey exist on Earth?
Answer: 260 different types of monkeys.
26. What is the largest spider on Earth?
Answer: Goliath bird-eater spider.
27. What is the largest snake on Earth?
Answer: The python snake.
28. What animal lays the largest egg?
Answer: The ostrich.
29. About how many hairs does a dog shed in a day?
Answer: 1,000 hairs per day.
30. What is it called when a snake sheds its skin?
Answer: It’s called ecdysis.
31. About how many species of Owl exist in the United States?
Answer: Only about 19 species.
32. About how many species of fish are currently in the ocean?
Answer: 20,000 species of fish.
33. What is the primary diet of most sharks?
Answer: Primary smaller fish. Only some feed on sea lions.
34. About how many shark attacks on humans are there worldwide?
Answer: About 129 attacks.
35. When was the first cat turned into a household pet?
Answer: 7500 BC.
36. What is the oldest breed of dog?
37. How many eyes do a United States honey bee have?
Answer: About five eyes.
38. What is the smallest dog known in existence?
Answer: The smallest dog is about 4 inches big.
39. What is the weight of the largest dog known in existence?
Answer: The largest dog weighed about 343 pounds.
40. What is the name of the most popular dog show?
Answer: The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
41. What is the largest insect on Earth?
Answer: Giant wētā.
42. How many species of ants exist on Earth?
Answer: 10,000 or more.
43. What is the average wingspan of a bald eagle?
Answer: 5.9 to 7.9 feet.
44. What is the average weight of an adult elephant?
Answer: Between 2 and 7 tons.
45. About how many spiders does the average human swallow in their lifetime?
Answer: None. This is debunked myth.
46. Where might someone find the silverback gorilla?
Answer: Uganda, Rwanda, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
47. What are male honey bees called?
48. What is a horse’s hoof called?
Answer: A frog.
Animal Quiz Questions for Kids
Trivia questions are a fun way to increase a kid’s knowledge on any topics that they are interested in. Kids are always curious about animals and they love to know about them. In this regard, animal trivia questions for children is the most important way to teach interesting facts about animals. You can easily find lots of animal quiz questions for kids on the Internet.
1. Which is the tallest animal in the world?
2. Which animal has the longest lifeline?
Answer: The arctic whale.
3. How many legs does an octopus have?
4. Which animal is Doe?
Answer: A female deer.
5. Which bird is the symbol of peace?
6. Which animal is Joey?
Answer: Baby kangaroo.
7. Which is the fastest animal?
8. What is the group of lions named?
Answer: A pride.
9. What does a panda eat?
10. Which is the world’s most poisonous spider?
Answer: Brazilian Wandering Spider.
11. Which is the only land animal that cannot jump?
12. Which is the only bird that can fly backwards?
13. Which bird is known to be the fastest bird?
14. What is the horn of a rhinoceros made of?
15. Which insect can lift up to 50 times its body weight?
16. How many legs does a lobster have?
17. What is the largest mammal?
18. What is a group of crows called?
Answer: A murder.
19. Which animal is known to have 3 hearts?
20. Which animal never sleeps?
21. Which big cat is the largest?
Answer: Siberian tiger.
22. Which land animal can open its mouth the widest?
23. Which is the largest animal on earth?
Answer: Blue whale.
24. What is the animal called that eats both plant and meat?
25. Why do snakes stick out their tongue?
Answer: To smell the air.
26. What is a group of wolves called?
Answer: A pack of wolves.
27. Where is a shrimp’s heart located?
Answer: In its head.
28. For how many years can a snail sleep?
Answer: Three years.
29. Is an ostrich eye bigger than an ostrich brain?
30. What is a group of fish called?
Answer: A school of fish.
31. What color is a flamingo when it is born?
32. Do you think Ostrich can fly?
Answer: No, Ostrich cannot fly.
33. How many bones are there in a shark?
34. How many pairs of eyelids does an owl have?
35. What is the color of the Giraffe’s tongue?
36. Which animal is considered to be the human’s best friend?
37. What do you call an animal that is awake at night and sleeps during the day?
38. What is the color of the eyes of reindeer during winter?
39. What kind of animal is German Shepherd?
40. Which is the slowest animal in the world?
Answer: Three-toed sloth.
41. What kind of animal is a mandril?
42. What is male turkey also called?
43. How many legs are there in a mosquito?
44. Which is the smallest reptile in the world?
Answer: Leaf Chameleon.
45. Name the animal which can grow till its death?
Animal Quiz Questions for Adults
Animals are the most diverse species. Most animals live in forests, and how their destiny is determined by nature. They hunt and must fend for themselves without any human help. So, try your hand at these animal quiz questions for adults and see if your answers match the correct ones.
1. In which century did the phrase “it’s raining cats and dogs” emerge?
Answer: The 17th Century in England.
2. Which member of the Beatles had a cat named Elvis?
Answer: John Lennon.
3. What sort of habitat is known to be the home for arboreal animals?
Answer: In or Around Trees.
4. What common farm animal doesn’t have teeth on their upper jaw?
Answer: Goats and/or Sheep.
5. Which fish is known to be the fastest in the ocean?
6. A karakul is which kind of animal?
7. How long is an elephant pregnant with its calf before it gives birth?
Answer: Photo of Elephants on Grass.
8. Which bear is known to have a bite strong enough to break a bowling ball?
Answer: Grizzly Bear.
9. Which bird is known to have the largest wingspan on the planet?
10. Which bird is unable to move their eyes?
Answer: Although they can rotate their head nearly 180 degrees, owls cannot move their eyes.
11. Which bird is known to be the smallest in the world? Bonus Question: How small is this bird?
Answer: Bee Hummingbird, measuring at 2.25 inches.
12. What popular sea creature has the ability to clone itself?
Answer: Jellyfish; Jellyfish, when cut in half, have the ability to regenerate their cells and create other jellyfish.
13. Which species of jellyfish are known to have the longest tentacles?
Answer: Lion’s Mane Jellyfish.
14. Which sea creature is known to be the only natural predator of the Great White Shark?
Answer: Orca, the Killer Whale.
15. Which bird is known to have eyes larger than its brain?
16. Other than a platypus, what is the only other mammal known to lay eggs?
Answer: Echidna; Otherwise Known as a Spiny Anteater.
17. Approximately, how many dolphin species exist in the world?
Answer: At least 40.
18. What is a dog’s most developed sense?
Answer: Sense of Smell.
19. What is the name of the dog mascot on the front of the crackerjack box?
Answer: Dog Bingo.
20. What is the only continent in the world known to be snake-free?
21. Which body part does a snake use to detect smells?
22. In what year did the bald eagle become the national emblem and mascot of the United States of America?
23. Which animals are known as the ‘Big 5’ in Africa?
Answer: Lion, Leopard, Rhino, Elephant, and Buffalo.
24. The nose of a lion changes color throughout its life, indicating what?
Answer: This change in color indicates a lion’s age.
25. In Peru, it’s common to eat which popular household pet?
Answer: Guinea Pig.
26. In the entire animal kingdom, what is the only male animal known to give birth?
27. Butterflies use which part of their body to taste?
28. Which animal is known to breathe through their skin?
29. What color is the blood of an octopus?
30. A Tasmanian devil is known to be which kind of animal?
31. What are the oldest surviving mammals on Earth?
32. What animal is known to have the shortest pregnancy on Earth?
33. How many bones are in the body of a shark?
Answer: Zero, they are made of cartilage.
34. Which animal species are known to have the largest eyes in the world?
Answer: Colossal Squid.
35. What is the proper term for a rabbit’s tail?
36. Which common farm animals were originally domesticated in Southern China?
37. Where is a shrimp’s heart located in its body?
38. Which animal was elected as mayor of Lajitas, Texas in 1986?
Answer: A goat named Clay Henry.
39. Which mammal is not able to jump?
40. What substance composes a rhino’s horns?
Answer: Keratin (hair).
41. What is Scotland’s national animal?
42. Which fish is known to be the most common fish in the ocean?
Answer: Any Bristlemouth species fish.
43. What animal is commonly known as the ‘flying fox’?
44. Which sea creature is recognized for having the largest brain?
Answer: Sperm Whale.
45. Which crustacean is able to growl when intimidating their enemies?
Answer: Ghost Crab.
46. In a pride, which animal does the majority of the hunting?
Answer: Female Lion; Lioness.
47. Which popular mammals are known to wash their hands and feet in urine?
Answer: Capuchin Monkeys.
48. Which whales are known to hunt with bubbles?
Answer: Humpback Whales.
49. Which animal is known to plant thousands of trees across the world?
50. When dragonflies are mating, what shape do their tails make?
51. What are the only primates known to be venomous?
Answer: Slow Lorises.
52. Which animal is known to survive being frozen?
Answer: Koala Bears.
53. Which animal call is known to have no echo?
Answer: A duck’s ‘quack’.
54. What percent of the methane in Earth’s atmosphere is produced by cows?
55. On average, how many eggs can a hen lay in a year?
56. Which sense can an octopus activate through its arms?
57. In order to survive winter, which animal is known to breathe through its butt?
Answer: Painted Turtles.
58. What animal is known as the only vertebrae that can regenerate their body parts?
Answer: Axolotls, a type of salamander.
59. How many facial expressions is a horse able to make?
60. Which animal’s teeth are known to grow forever?
61. Approximately, how many bones comprise a turtle’s shell?
62. Approximately, how many species of ants exist worldwide?
63. What can an owl’s eye color indicate?
Answer: The time they prefer to hunt at.
64. When flamingoes are born, what color are they?
65. Which animal’s eyes change color to assist them with their vision in certain seasons?
Answer: Reindeer; in winter their eyes turn blue while in summer their eyes turn gold/brown.
66. Which birds are known to be the only birds that can fly backward?
67. Which animal is known to have 32 brains?
68. What determines the gender of a baby turtle?
Answer: The temperature of the sand their eggs are laid in.
69. How long does it take a hen to produce an egg?
Answer: 24-26 Hours.
70. Which common farm animal has rectangular pupils?
71. It is said that 3% of glaciers are comprised of which animal’s urine?
72. Which bird is known to have waterproof feathers?
73. What do pigs do to stay cool and prevent sunburn due to their lack of sweat glands?
Answer: They roll in the mud.
74. Which common farm animal is known to be colorblind?
75. Which part of a chicken’s body determines the color of its eggs?
Answer: Their earlobes; red ear-lobed chickens lay brown eggs while white ear-lobed chickens lay white eggs.
76. What causes a pig’s tail to curl?
Answer: Feeling Happy.
77. What is the proper name for the underside of a horse’s hoof?
Answer: A Frog.
78. Approximately, how many glasses of milk does a cow produce in its lifetime?
Answer: 200,000 glasses.
79. Which animal is known to take up to a month to digest food?
80. What is a group of parrots called?
Answer: A pandemonium.
81. Mohair is taken from which animal?
Answer: Angora Goat.
82. What is the proper name for the trunk of an elephant?
83. Which mountain range is home to the snow leopard?
84. The genus Equus includes which three mammals?
Answer: Horses, Donkeys, & Zebras.
Final Thoughts on Animal Quiz Questions
Animals are very important to humans. There are many different kinds of animals, and we still haven’t found out about them all yet. These animal quiz questions help us to know better about their life and their living style.
There are many different kinds of animals. Some are friendly, some are dangerous, and some are both. By asking animal quiz questions we can find out how animals are great in appearance.
Animals are very smart creatures. They are also very interesting. Animal Trivia questions will help you understand them better.
These animal quiz questions and answers are entertaining with varying degrees of difficulty and complexity. But I’m confident you’ll discover a wealth of fresh info about animals.
In these animal trivia questions, identify if you have the ability of a leopard or the power of a Silverback Gorilla. You must know at least a few of these animal quiz questions, regardless of your general knowledge skills – and if not, please try to use it for your weekend IQ game with your pals the next time you’re a quizzer.