Harry Potter trivia questions are fun to test your knowledge or share your love for the series with others. Harry Potter is one of the most well-known novels and films. It has a devoted fan base that is still growing to this day.
Harry Potter trivia questions aim to provide entertainment for the people who love Harry Potter. It’s also an excellent way to break the ice during get-togethers and social occasions.
Harry Potter trivia questions are a great way to keep the kids entertained and have fun. They can answer them and get a sense of achievement in answering them correctly. Through Harry Potter trivia questions and answers, they will also be able to learn new things about the Harry Potter series that they may not have known before.
If you are a potter head, you should read all of the categories of questions listed below!
Best Harry Potter Trivia Questions
Harry Potter quiz questions can be a great source to spend time with friends, family, or colleagues. Here are the best Harry Potter trivia questions for you. Let’s get started with your favorite one!
1. In a 2nd year, what does the Harry Potter used to kill basilisk?
Answer: Sword of Godric Gryffindor.
2. What house is Harry Potter sorted into?
3. Why was Harry put into that house?
Answer: He asked to be put there.
4. What other house did Harry almost get sorted into?
5. How are students sorted into their houses?
Answer: By the Sorting Hat.
6. What Houses are the Susan and Draco Malfoy Bornes in?
Answer: Slytherin and Huffelpuff.
7. How does Harry get the lightning bolt scar on his forehead?
Answer: He got it as a baby when Voldemort tried to kill him.
8. Who lives at 4 Privet Drive?
Answer: The Dursleys (and Harry, for a while).
9. Why does Snape protect Harry?
Answer: He was in love with his mother, Lily.
10. Where does Harry go to teach Dumbledore’s Army?
Answer: The Room of Requirement.
11. What’s the name of the three-headed dog that guards the door to the Sorcerer’s Stone?
12. What keeps the three-headed dog asleep?
Answer: An enchanted music box.
13. Which is a drilling company that owned by Version?
14. Name all the Weasley children?
Answer: Ginny, Ron, Fred, George, Percy, Charlie, Bill.
15. How many staircases does Hogwarts have?
16. What does Felix Felicis do?
Answer: Gives the person who drinks it good luck for 12 hours.
17. What are the three forbidden curses?
Answer: Avada Kadavra, Imperius, Crucio.
18. What’s the name of the dance that takes place in Goblet of Fire?
Answer: The Yule Ball.
19. What is a Horcrux?
Answer: An object that contains part of someone’s soul.
20. Name all seven of Voldemort’s Horcruxes?
Answer: Tom Riddle’s Diary, Nagini, Harry Potter, the giant ring, the Hufflepuff cup, Slytherin Locket, Ravenclaw diadem.
21. How do you close the Marauder’s Map?
Answer: “Mischief Managed.”
22. What does the map do?
Answer: Shows you the location and movement of everyone in Hogwarts.
23. What are the real names of the four marauders?
Answer: James Potter, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin.
24. How was Hermione able to take extra lessons?
Answer: A Time-Turner.
25. What does the Sorting Hat list as two characteristics of most Ravenclaws?
Answer: Wit and learning.
26. Where are the Slytherin common rooms located?
Answer: The Dungeon.
27. Where are the Hufflepuff common rooms?
Answer: Next to the kitchen.
28. How does Harry catch his first snitch?
Answer: With his mouth.
29. How many points do you get when you catch a snitch?
Answer: 150, game over.
30. What is the password given to the fat lady to enter into Gryffindor tower?
Answer: Pig Snout.
31. What does it mean to be a parselmouth?
Answer: It means you speak parseltongue — you can speak to snakes.
32. Why was being able to speak parseltongue especially troubling to Harry?
Answer: Voldemort was also a parselmouth.
33. What magical creature pulls students the carriages that take students from the Hogwarts Express to Hogwarts?
34. What are thestrals?
Answer: Invisible winged horses.
35. What kind of dragon does Harry fight during the Tri-Wizard cup?
Answer: A Hungarian Horntail.
36. What wizards are trained to catch dark wizards?
37. What sort of power do Dementors have?
Answer: They’re able to drain people of their happiness.
38. What does Prof. Lupin offer Harry to make him feel better when the Dementors try to attack him?
39. What does the Mirror of Erised do?
Answer: It shows a person their deepest desires.
40. What does Harry smell when he sniffs Amortentia?
Answer: Treacle Tart.
41. Harry’s patronus is a stag. What other person also has a stag?
Answer: Harry’s father.
42. Where does Arthur Weasley work?
Answer: The Ministry of Magic.
43. What’s the name of Hagrid’s giant half-brother?
44. Which Hogwarts professor was rumored to be dueling champion as a student?
Answer: Prof. Flitwick.
45. Who poses as Mad-Eye Moody and teaches Defense against the Dark Arts to Harry and his friends?
Answer: Barty Crouch, Jr.
46. Who is the seeker for the Bulgarian Quidditch team?
Answer: Viktor Krum.
47. Why does Ron decide he hates Krum?
Answer: Krum takes Hermione to the dance.
48. How does Rita Skeeter learn secrets for her sensational articles?
Answer: She turns into a beetle and goes where she’s not allowed.
49. Why does Rita Skeeter eventually get in trouble?
Answer: She’s an unregistered Animagus.
50. Why the Whomping Willow was originally planted?
Answer: To help Remus Lupin escape Hogwarts when he needed to turn into a werewolf.
51. How do you free a house-elf?
Answer: By giving them a piece of clothing.
52. Who said, “Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!”
53. Who goes on to become a professional quidditch player?
Answer: Ginny Weasley.
54. What does R.A.B. stand for?
Answer: Regulus Arcturus Black.
55. What do Remus and Tonks name their son?
56. Who tells Harry he’s a wizard?
57. Who tells Harry he’s a Horcrux?
58. Name one of Dumbledore’s middle names. Brian (Literally, everyone says Brian. But, if you want the whole name, it’s?
Answer: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore).
59. On what day were the Weasley twins born?
Answer: April 1, April fool’s Day.
60. What house did Tonks belong to?
61. What are the last three words in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
Answer: “All was well.”
62. What is the name of Harry’s owl?
63. What about the Weasley’s Rat?
64. And what’s the name of Hermione’s cat?
65. What is Harry’s wand made of?
Answer: Holly, with a phoenix feather core.
66. What is Honeydukes?
Answer: It is the candy store (“sweets shop”) in Hogsmeade Village.
67. Where does nearly every Hogwarts student go to get their wand?
68. What magical creation can people use to view other people’s saved memories?
Answer: A pensive.
69. Who killed Dumbledore?
70. Which two people gift Harry with broomsticks for Quidditch?
Answer: McGonagall (The Nimbus 2000) and Sirius Black (The Firebolt).
General Harry Potter Trivia Questions
No one can deny the popularity of Harry Potter right now. If you’re looking for some fun facts about the series, this Harry Potter trivia quiz will be perfect for you! Check our best collection of Harry Potter questions:
1. When is Harry Potter’s birthday?
Answer: July 31.
2. What are the names of Harry’s parents?
Answer: James and Lily Potter.
3. Where did Harry live in the Muggle world?
Answer: Number 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey.
4. Who was Harry living with in the Muggle world?
Answer: The Dursleys (with his uncle Vernon Dursley, his aunt Petunia Dursley, and his cousin Dudley Dursley)
5. What are the four Hogwarts houses?
Answer: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw.
6. Who are Harry’s two best friends in the world?
Answer: Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.
7. During their first trip to Diagon Alley, what flavor ice cream did Hagrid get for Harry?
Answer: Chocolate and raspberry.
8. Who teased Moaning Myrtle about her glasses?
Answer: Olive Hornby.
9. Which artist played the character of Hermione Granger?
Answer: Emma Watson.
10. Where did Harry and Ron meet?
Answer: King’s Cross Station.
11. What does O.W.L. stand for?
Answer: Ordinary Wizarding Level.
12. What are the names of Ron’s parents?
Answer: Arthur and Molly Weasley.
13. What animal can Harry speak to?
14. Who brought Harry to the Dursleys?
Answer: Albus Dumbledore.
15. How did Harry get the lightning bolt scar on his forehead?
Answer: From Lord Voldemort’s failed attempt to murder him with the Killing Curse.
16. Which spell is also known as the Thief’s Friend?
Answer: The Unlocking Charm (Alohomora).
17. Who are the only known characters to receive all 12 O.W.L.s?
Answer: Percy Weasley, Bill Weasley, and Barty Crouch Jr.
18. What are the names of James Potter’s friends?
Answer: Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew.
19. What animal can Remus Lupin turn into?
20. Which of James’ friends escaped the Azkaban, who also turns out to be Harry’s godfather?
Answer: Sirius Black.
21. Ron Weasley has a fear of which insect?
22. What species did Hagrid’s pet dragon, Norberta, belong to?
Answer: Norwegian Ridgeback.
23. What does the Mirror of Erised’s inscription read?
Answer: “Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi” read backward says, “I show not your face, but your heart’s desire.”
24. Where did Ron and Harry crash the flying car on their way to Hogwarts in the second book, Harry Potter and “The Chamber of Secrets”?
Answer: The Whomping Willow.
25. What is the name of the ‘antisocial’ ghost of the Slytherin house, and is the only one who can control Peeves?
Answer: Bloody Baron.
26. What spell did Hermione use to free Harry and Ron from the Devil’s Snare?
Answer: Lumos Solem Spell.
27. Who pretended to be Mad Eye Moody in the Goblet of Fire?
Answer: Bartemius Crouch Junior.
28. What are the shapes of Professor McGonagall’s glasses?
29. What do you recite to close the Marauder’s Map?
Answer: “Mischief Managed”.
30. What is Harry’s Patronus?
31. Which substance is destructive enough to destroy a Horcrux when exposed to it?
Answer: Basilisk venom.
32. Who is the charm that fills the ears of its victim with really a buzzing noise?
33. What color did Hermione turn the leaves of the Weasley’s crabapple tree into for Harry’s 17th birthday?
34. During Harry’s sixth year in Hogwarts, who is the instructor that taught the Apparition class?
Answer: Wilkie Twycross.
35. What is the secretive radio program set up by the Order of the Phoenix?
36. Who destroyed Ravenclaw’s diadem?
Answer: Vincent Crabbe.
37. What potion did Harry make in Slughorn’s class, where he received top marks for doing it correctly?
Answer: Draught of Living Death.
38. What spell created by the Half Blood Prince did Harry use on Draco Malfoy?
39. after the untimely demise Mad-Eye Moody who takes his eye?
Answer: Dolores Umbridge
40. In the second Triwizard Tournament challenge, how does the Harry Potter made it through?
41. What is Lord Voldemort’s boggart?
Answer: His own corpse.
42. What does the Hogwarts’ motto — Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus — mean?
Answer: “Never tickle a sleeping dragon.”
43. During Harry’s first year in Hogwarts, what is the password given to the ‘Fat Lady’ in the portrait to enter the Gryffindor tower?
Answer: Caput Draconis.
44. Which magical device did Albus Dumbledore use to save and review his memories?
45. Which ice cream flavor did Harry eat at the zoo when he went out with the Dursleys?
Answer: Lemon Ice Pop.
46. How did Harry get rid of Aunt Marge when she insulted Harry’s parents in front of him?
Answer: By using the Inflating Charm.
47. Where was Harry and Voldemort’s Last Battle?
Answer: The Great Hall of Hogwarts Castle.
48. Who killed Bellatrix Lestrange?
Answer: Molly Weasley.
49. Where did Harry, Ron, and Hermione go after Bill and Fleur’s wedding?
Answer: Tottenham Court Road.
50. What is the name of Draco Malfoy’s son?
Answer: Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy.
51. What does Romilda Vane ask Ginny about in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince?
Answer: Whether or not Harry actually has a tattoo of a Hippogriff.
52. Dumbledore bears a scar on his knee that is a map of what?
Answer: The London Underground.
53. Who played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter films?
Answer: Robert Pattinson.
54. What is the visitor’s entrance to the Ministry of Magic shaped like?
Answer: The iconic red telephone booths of London.
55. Who is the headmistress of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic?
Answer: Madame Maxime.
56. What is the sister name of Albus Dumbledore?
57. Who becomes Lord Voldemort’s trusted snake and Horcrux?
58. Who is the first character to take Voldemort’s name in the series?
Answer: Ginny Weasley.
59. Harry, Ron, and Hermione help save the Sorcerer’s Stone from being stolen. How old was its co-creator, Nicholas Flamel, when he decided to destroy it?
60. Monkshood and wolfsbane are the same plants. They are also known as what?
61. How many possible Quidditch fouls are there?
62. In “The Sorcerer’s Stone,” Harry and his friends are awarded last-minute House Points, putting Gryffindor ahead of Slytherin by just 10 points. What was the final tally?
Answer: 482 to 472.
63. How is Bellatrix Lestrange related to Draco Malfoy?
Answer: She’s his aunt (his mother’s sister).
64. Whose name appears on the “Service to the School” trophy next to the quidditch trophy?
Answer: Tom M. Riddle.
65. In which book do Harry and Ginny share their first kiss?
Answer: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
66. What does the acronym S.P.E.W. stand for?
Answer: Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare.
67. What happened to Voldemort’s parents?
Answer: His mom died during childbirth and he killed his father.
68. What is Hermione’s patronus?
Answer: An otter.
Interesting Harry Potter Trivia Questions
If your friend is a big fan of harry potter, test his knowledge of the books, the characters, and the plot of the harry potter series. Let’s have some fun and choose an interesting Harry Potter quiz with answers:
1. Who did Scabbers turn out to be in the movie?
Answer: Wormtail aka Peter Pettigrew.
2. Who is Stan Shunpike in the Harry Potter movie?
Answer: Bus Conductor.
3. How many hours into the past do Harry and Hermione travel in an attempt to rescue Sirius and Buckbeak?
4. Who is the head boy of Hogwarts in the film ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’?
Answer: Percy Weasley.
5. In the Harry Potter films, how does Black enter Hogwarts?
Answer: He had a list of the week’s passwords.
6. Who said, “If chosen, there’s no turning back.”?
7. Who put Harry’s name in the Goblet of Fire?
8. Why should you be afraid of the Legilimency spell?
Answer: Because the person using it against you is going to try to read your mind.
9. Who is the Death Eater who became the Headmaster of Durmstrang School after Voldemort lost his power?
Answer: Igor Karkaroff.
10. Which incantation is said to unlock doors?
11. Where did Harry get hurt when he was trying to get the golden egg from the dragon’s nest during the first task of the Triwizard Tournament?
Answer: On his shoulder.
12. “How could anybody figure that out? It’s completely mental!” Who says this in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’?
Answer: Harry Potter.
13. Who dies at the end of the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’?
Answer: Cedric Diggory.
14. At Cedric’s suggestion, Harry takes his golden egg up to the prefects’ bathroom with him to take a bath in privacy. Who suggests to Harry that he should put it underwater, as the ‘other boy’ had done?
Answer: Moaning Myrtle.
15. Which of these methods did Sirius use to contact Harry inside Hogwarts during the school year?
Answer: Floo Powder.
16. After which task does Voldemort come back to power in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’?
Answer: Third Task.
17. Who yelled, “Stop it? Can’t you see it’s bothering him? Stop it!” in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’?
Answer: Hermione Granger.
18. When did Harry and Ron become friends again after their fight?
Answer: After the first task.
19. Who conjured the Dark Mark after the riot caused by the Death Eaters?
Answer: Barty Crouch, Jr.
20. Hermione showed up at the tent to wish Harry luck before the task. She burst into the tent and hugged Harry tightly. Who interrupted them?
Answer: Reeta Skeeter.
21. What is the name of the pub where ‘Dumbledore’s Army’ is created?
Answer: The Hog’s head.
22. Who found the room of requirement in the movie?
Answer: Neville Longbottom.
23. The film ‘Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix’ had how many quidditch matches?
24. Which platform at Kings Cross Station do Hogwarts’ pupils use to access the Hogwarts Express?
Answer: 9 3/4.
25. Which Death Eater persuades Harry Potter in the Hall of Prophecies to turn in his prophecy?
Answer: Lucius Malfoy.
26. How old was the kid that Dudley beat up at the start of the movie, ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’?
27. What place is used as the Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix in ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’?
Answer: Sirius Black’s residence in London.
28. Who escorts Harry Potter to the Ministry for his hearing in the film ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’?
Answer: Arthur Weasley.
29. The Death Eaters have the Dark Mark on what side of their arm?
30. Who gives Harry Potter Occlumency lessons in the film ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’?
Answer: Severus Snape.
31. Who stops Harry from going after Sirius when he is killed by Bellatrix Lestrange in ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’?
Answer: Remus Lupin.
32. What is Dumbledore’s full name in the ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’?
Answer: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.
33. Apart from Harry Potter, who else can see the magic creature Thestral?
Answer: Luna Lovegood.
34. Where did Harry and Cho kiss for the first time?
Answer: Room of Requirement.
35. In which year did the movie, ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’ come out?
36. What form does Luna Lovegood’s Patronus take?
Answer: A Rabbit.
37. Umbridge uses what potion on Cho because of which Cho reveals the location of Dumbledore’s Army’s practice room?
38. What is used as the Visitor’s Entrance to the Ministry of Magic in the movie?
Answer: A phone booth.
39. When Harry invaded Snape’s memory, what spell was James Potter using to torture Snape?
Answer: Levicorpus spell.
40. What is the name of the witness that Dumbledore produces in front of the jury during Harry’s hearing?
Answer: Mrs. Arabella Figg.
41. At the beginning of the movie, ‘Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince’, who are two people that make an Unbreakable Vow?
Answer: Severus Snape and Narcissa Malfoy.
42. What name was written in the old potion’s book that Harry received?
Answer: Half-blood prince.
43. Who finds Harry paralyzed in the carriage?
Answer: Luna Lovegood.
44. How was Luna able to see Harry in the carriage?
Answer: Using her wackspurt, seeing glasses.
45. What spell does Draco use to paralyze Harry in the carriage?
Answer: Petrificus Totalus.
46. What is the color of Ginny’s Pygmy puff?
47. Who was Harry’s date at Slughorn’s Christmas Party?
Answer: Luna Lovegood.
48. What is the name of the pub where Harry, Ron, and Hermione go for Butterbeers?
Answer: The Three Broomsticks.
49. Harry and Dumbledore figure out that Slughorn is the house and the death eaters hadn’t taken him. How?
Answer: Slughorn used Dragon blood than using human blood.
50. When Draco was mending the Vanishing Cabinet, what was the first thing he sent through it?
Answer: An Apple.
51. At the beginning of the film, what bridge did Voldemort’s followers destroy?
Answer: Millennium Bridge.
52. What is the name of the joke shop opened by Fred and George in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince’?
Answer: Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.
53. Where is Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes located?
Answer: Diagon alley.
54. Other than Hogwarts, where is the other Vanishing Cabinet located?
Answer: Borgin and Burkes.
55. How in ‘Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince’ do Harry Potter, and Dumbledore travel from the train station to the residence of Horace Slughorn?
56. How did Cedric Diggory die?
Answer: He was killed by Peter Pettigrew with the Killing Curse.
57. Which famous rugby player was Hagrid actor Robbie Coltrane’s stunt double?
Answer: Martin Bayfield.
58. How did Harry find the Philosopher’s Stone?
Answer: It appeared in his pocket.
59. When you’re trying to summon an object to you, what spell are you supposed to use?
60. Who reads the Harry Potter audiobooks?
Answer: Stephen Fry.
61. Who is Draco Malfoy’s dad?
Answer: Lucius Malfoy.
62. Which actor played the character Bellatrix Lestrange?
Answer: Helena Bonham Carter.
63. Name Ron Weasley’s parents?
Answer: Arthur and Molly.
64. Name Ron Weasley’s brothers?
Answer: Fred, George, Percy, Charlie and Bill
65. What is the middle name of Hermione Granger?
66. Who did Ron Weasley’s pet rat used to belong to?
Answer: His brother Percy.
67. Who played Ron Weasley’s pet rat when he became human?
Answer: Timothy Spall.
68. Name Luna Lovegood’s father?
Answer: Xenophillius Lovegood.
69. Why did the house-elf Dobby appear at Harry’s home?
Answer: He came to warn Harry about the plot to reopen the Chamber of Secrets.
70. Who was the first goblin Harry ever met?
Easy Harry Potter Trivia Questions
The Harry Potter books are well-known for their sense of adventure and comedy and their exciting plots and literary merits. We have prepared an easy Harry Potter quiz to see how much you know about the series in this section!
1. In Harry Potter films, when Hermione was looking up ways to help Buckbeak, in what year did she find a hippogriff was convicted?
2. What did Harry Potter see in the mirror of Erised when he first came across it in the movie Harry Potter and The Sorcerer s stone?
Answer: Himself with his parents.
3. What type of animal does Professor McGonagall transform into in the movie ‘Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone’?
Answer: A cat.
4. Who was the first person seen at the beginning of the movie, ‘Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone’?
Answer: Professor Dumbledore.
5. Where does the Dursley family live?
Answer: Number Four, Privet Drive.
6. Who owns the flying motorcycle that Hagrid borrows to transport Harry to the Dursley house?
Answer: Sirius Black.
7. How do the members of the wizard community send their mail?
Answer: By Owl.
8. What is the first spell that was cast by Hermione?
Answer: Oculus Reparo.
9. After the death of his parents, how is the infant Harry described?
Answer: The boy who lived.
10. What happens when Harry is at the zoo with Dudley in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’?
Answer: The glass ceiling between Dudley and the boa constrictor disappeared.
11. What is the only thing that Harry can remember about the night of his parent’s death in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’?
Answer: A blinding flash of green light.
12. Maggie Smith portrayed which character?
13. What was the other name of ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’?
Answer: ‘Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone’ was called ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’.
14. What does Hagrid bring Harry when he first meets him?
Answer: A birthday cake.
15. What is Hagrid’s official title at Hogwarts?
Answer: Keeper of Keys.
16. What year does the RJH medal say in the ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’?
17. Who was Lily Potter’s sister?
Answer: Petunia Dursley.
18. What does Hagrid do to Dudley during his first visit to Harry?
Answer: Dudley gets a pigtail.
19. What’s the only time in a Quidditch match when a player is allowed to touch their feet on the ground?
Answer: Time Out.
20. Who did Professor Dumbledore trust with his life?
21. How many times do we see Professor McGonagall as the animal?
22. How many bronze Knuts are there to a Sickle?
23. What was Dumbledore keeping in Vault 713 of Gringotts before Hagrid removed it?
Answer: The sorcerer’s stone.
24. How does Griphook open the door to Vault 713?
Answer: By a finger stroke.
25. What is Harry’s wand made out of?
Answer: Holly and Phoenix feathers.
26. What kind of creature is Dobby?
Answer: A house-elf.
27. In Knockturn Alley, Harry watches as Draco examines a cursed necklace that has killed how many muggle owners?
28. On Harry’s last night at the Burrow before starting his second year at Hogwarts, what do the Weasleys and Potter have for dessert?
Answer: Treacle Pudding.
29. What method of transportation did Harry Potter use to travel to London to get his school supplies in his second year?
Answer: The Floo Network.
30. How many giant pumpkins was Hagrid growing for Halloween in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’?
31. Why did Harry Potter not receive any letters from his friends over the summer in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’?
Answer: Dobby stole them.
32. What plants are the Gryffindors and the Hufflepuffs working with on their first day of second-year Herbology?
33. Who became the new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’?
Answer: Gilderoy Lockhart.
34. What color are fire-dwelling salamanders shown in the ‘Harry Potter’ films?
35. What is the name of the Poltergeist that haunts Harry Potter and others at Hogwarts?
36. What does Hermione say to Moaning Myrtle as to why she brought Harry and Ron into a girl’s bathroom?
Answer: To show how nice it was.
37. What does Harry Potter eat for breakfast after his night spent re-growing bones in the hospital wing?
38. Who was the first to be petrified during Potter’s second year at Hogwarts in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’?
Answer: Mrs. Norris.
39. What does Hagrid serve Harry and Ron to drink when they visit him after Hermione has been petrified?
Answer: Boiling water.
40. Whose death day party is celebrated in the chamber of secrets?
Answer: Nearly Headless Nick.
41. Who, according to Harry, did Dumbledore see right through?
Answer: Tom Riddle.
42. After escaping from the Chamber of Secrets with Fawkes, where do Ron, Harry, Ginny, and Professor Lockhart go?
Answer: Professor’s McGonagall’s Office.
43. Why is Hagrid forbidden from using magic in the ‘Harry Potter’ films?
Answer: He was expelled from Hogwarts.
44. When the rogue Bludger is trying to kill Harry, which Beater signals Wood to take a time out?
45. Who is the heir of Slytherin as revealed in ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’?
Answer: Tom Riddle.
46. After crashing Mr. Weasley’s Ford Anglia into the Whomping Willow, who is the first teacher Ron and Harry encounter?
Answer: Professor Snape.
47. What does Hermione turn into after a mishap with the Polyjuice potion?
Answer: A cat.
48. What did Fred and George use to open Harry’s bedroom in ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’?
Answer: A hairpin.
49. What did Phoenix give Harry when he was running from the Basilisk?
Answer: The Sorting Hat.
50. What does Ron receive after stealing the flying car?
Answer: A howler from Mrs. Weasley.
51. What is the password to the Slytherin Common Room as told in ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’?
52. What does Harry do in secret at Number Four Privet Drive in the film ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’?
Answer: Hogwarts homework.
53. What was the name of Buckbeak’s executioner in the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’?
54. How did Harry signal to be picked up by the Knight Bus?
Answer: By extending his wand arm.
55. What was Parvati Patel’s boggart in the movie, ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’?
Answer: A bandaged mummy.
56. What does Harry accidentally do to Aunt Marge when she insults the memory of James and Lily Potter in the Harry Potter films?
Answer: He cast an inflating charm on her.
57. Who was Harry reading about for his essay at the beginning of the book?
Answer: Wendelin the Weird.
58. Sirius was locked in Flitwick’s office at one point in the book. True or False?
59. According to Hermione and ‘Hogwarts, a History’, what can’t you do on school grounds?
60. What is the full name of Nearly Headless Nick, the ghost that frequented Gryffindor corridors?
Answer: Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington.
61. How old was Nicholas Flamel, the co-creator of the Philosopher’s Stone, when he proceeded to destroy it?
Answer: 665 years old.
62. What spell makes objects look as though they come alive?
Answer: Piertotum Locomotor.
63. What was Voldemort’s mother name?
Answer: Merope Riddle.
64. If you need to make fire, what spell do you need to use?
65. How many ingredients did the polyjuice potion have?
66. At the end of ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ what was the final number of points that Gryffindor and Slytherin had?
Answer: 482 and 472 respectively.
67. What does the scar above Albus Dumbledore’s left knee look like?
Answer: A perfect map of the London underground.
68. Where does Dudley go to school?
Answer: Smeltings Academy.
69. How many Harry Potter books have been published in total?
Answer: 11 in total (but you can accept 7 – as those are the number of main story books).
Hard Harry Potter Trivia Questions
There are several reasons why a hard Harry Potter quiz exists. One reason is that the author may want to challenge readers to think outside of the box and not just give them an easy answer. Another reason is that it may test how much you know about books and movies. This section deals with some of the hard Harry Potter questions fans have asked over the years.
1. Cedric Diggory let Harry use the prefect’s bathroom in “The Goblet of Fire.” What man’s statue is next to the special lavatory entrance?
Answer: Boris the Bewildered.
2. What is the max speed for a Firebolt broomstick?
Answer: 150 mph.
3. Harry first took the Knight Bus in “The Prisoner of Azkaban.” How much does a ticket cost if it includes hot chocolate?
Answer: 14 sickles.
4. In the Hall of Prophecy there are rows and rows of glowing orbs. Which row contains the prophecy about Harry and?
Answer: Row 97.
5. What is a thing about an Arthur Weasley’s blue Ford Anglia?
Answer: It can fly.
6. How does Harry Potter get back the sword of Gryffindor?
Answer: Someone left this sword in the forest for him.
7. The visitor’s entrance to the Ministry of Magic is an abandoned red telephone booth in London. What is the five-digit code you must dial to get in?
8. What color is the snitch in Quidditch?
9. Voldemort stole Helga Hufflepuff’s cup from an old woman named. What?
Answer: Hepzibah Smith.
10. Dobby wasn’t the only house elf featured in “Harry Potter.” Warner Bros?
11. Ginny Weasley bought a pet Pygmy Puff from her older brothers’ joke shop. What did she name it?
12. What is Fred Weasley’s chosen code name on Potterwatch, the secretive radio program set up by the Order of the Phoenix?
13. Name every ingredient contained in Polyjuice Potion?
Answer: Lacewing flies, leeches, powdered bicorn horn, knotgrass, fluxweed, shredded Boomslang skin, and a bit of the person you want to turn into.
14. What is the name of the place where the father of Voldemort is buried?
Answer: Little Hangleton.
15. What was the name of the Irish chaser that scored the first goal in the Quidditch World Cup?
16. Who is the wizard who can be seen teaching the trolls ballet in a tapestry across the wall in the room of requirement?
Answer: Barnabas the Barmy.
17. How many Horcruxes were made?
Answer: Eight in total, including Harry Potter himself.
18. How many pieces are there that Voldemort divides his soul into, including himself?
19. Does polyjuice potion require you to procure some part of the individual that you wish to turn into?
20. What was the name of Hepzibah Smith’s house elf?
21. Who is Hedwig in the movie?
Answer: Harry’s Owl.
22. What is the name of corpses that was done a Dark wizard’s bidding?
23. What is the name of Dudley’s friend who accompanies the Dursleys and Harry to the zoo?
24. After visiting Gringotts, which shop does Harry first go to in Diagon Alley?
Answer: Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions.
25. Hannah Abbott is sorted into which house?
26. What is the first line in the film, ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’?
Answer: “I should have known that you would be here.”
27. Before telling her class about the Chamber of Secrets, what transfiguration lesson was Professor McGonagall teaching?
Answer: How to turn animals into water goblets.
28. In ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’, what does Ron do to the Boggart after it takes the form of a spider?
Answer: He envisions it with roller skates.
29. In ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’, against what type of dragon does Harry Potter fight?
Answer: Hungarian horntail.
30. What spell would you use to get rid of a nasty boggart?
31. What is Albus Dumbledore’s last line that he utters just moments prior to his demise?
32. Who said, “The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter.”
33. In ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’, to whom do the two wands belong that Ollivander identifies for Harry?
Answer: Bellatrix and Draco.
34. What type of portkey was made use of to transport Harry to the Quidditch World Cup?
Answer: An old boot.
35. For how many years did the Weasleys have Scabbers as a pet?
Answer: 12 years.
36. What magical act is the word “splinching” connected with?
37. In ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’, to what page number does Professor Snape ask his class to turn to?
Answer: Page 394.
38. In the Ministry of Magic, for which department does Arthur Weasley work?
Answer: Misuse of Muggle artifacts.
39. What is the name of Nymphadora Tonk’s Aunt?
Answer: Bellatrix Lestrange.
40. What does the magical word “episkey” achieve?
Answer: Heals minor injuries.
41. In part one of ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’, who travels alongside Hermione during the Battle of the Seven Potters?
Answer: Kingsley Shacklebolt.
42. What is Luna Lovegood’s Patronus?
Answer: A hare.
43. In which year was the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’ released?
44. Who among the Marauders was also known as Prongs?
Answer: James Potter.
45. Which has the shortest running time among all the ‘Harry Potter’ movies?
Answer: ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2’.
46. What does Hermione fail to smell when she comes across the amortentia love potion?
47. On the morning of his 11th birthday, how many presents does Dudley receive from his parents?
48. In the first movie, what does Hagrid say his role at Hogwarts is?
Answer: Keeper of keys and grounds.
49. After the sorting ceremony, how does Professor McGonagall silence the students?
Answer: She taps a glass and asks for their attention.
50. In the second movie, from where does Harry get information on the Basilisk?
Answer: The paper in Hermione’s hand.
51. What are the names of Professor Snape’s parents?
Answer: Tobias Snape and Eileen Prince.
52. What is the full name of Harry and Ginny’s middle child?
Answer: Albus Severus Potter.
53. Which character was the first user of the room of requirement?
Answer: Albus Dumbledore.
54. On the radio show ‘Potterwatch’, what was Lupin’s code name?
55. What Felix Felicis do?
Answer: Gives good luck.
56. When was the first Harry Potter novel written?
Answer: 26 June 1997.
57. To which character did the sorting hat originally belong?
Answer: Godric Gryffindor.
58. What did the Lavender Brown call Ron?
59. Which character did Ron impersonate to steal Slytherin’s locket?
Answer: Reginald Cattermole.
60. In ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’ what does Bungy the Budgie do to stay cool during summer?
Answer: Water ski.
61. What is Aragog’s wife named as?
62. Who was Fleur’s partner in the Yule ball?
Answer: Roger Davies.
63. In what color did the Lovegoods dress up in for Bill and Fleur’s wedding?
64. Which professional Quidditch team does Cho Chang support?
Answer: Tutshill Tornados.
65. Who was the first prisoner to escape from Azkaban?
Answer: Barty Crouch Jr.
66. Tell the name of any ingredient that is not used to make a Polyjuice potion?
67. How many exceptions exist to Gamp’s Elemental Law?
68. Winky the house elf has eyes of what color?
Answer: Dark brown.
69. How does Harry view the blast-ended skrewts?
Answer: Deformed, shell-less lobsters.
70. What is the Bulgarian minister of magic called?
Super Difficult Harry Potter Trivia Questions
Harry Potter is among the most popular and well-known book series. There are many difficult Harry Potter trivia questions that even true fans might not know. Some of the most difficult Harry Potter knowledge quiz includes:
1. What’s Harry’s Patronus?
Answer: A stag.
2. The place where Harry met with Quirinus Quirrell for the first time is
Answer: The Leaky Cauldron.
3. Who is the security guard at the entrance of Gryffindor’s Common room?
Answer: The Fat Lady.
4. What was used by Dumbledore to light up the Street lights in Privet Drive?
5. What is the occupation of Hermione’s parents?
6. Throughout his school years, Harry owns two brooms. Which are they?
Answer: Nimbus 2000 and Firebolt.
7. There is a magical beast, a bright green snake which is hidden in the chamber of Secrets. What is its name?
Answer: A Basilisk.
8. Who hosts the radio show Potterwatch?
Answer: Lee Jordan.
9. Harry Potters’s eyes have a particular color. Which is that color?
10. The name of the prison where Gellert Grindelwald was imprisoned?
11. The actual name of Lord Voldemort is?
Answer: Tom Marvolo Riddle.
12. Professor Quirrell’s original name is?
13. The platforms from where Hogwarts Express passes are?
Answer: Nine and Three-quarters.
14. Who defeated Albus Dumbledore in a Global wizarding war in 1945?
15. The birthday of Harry Potter is the same day as that of another one’s also. Who is that person?
Answer: J.K. Rowling.
16. With which of the other founders was Ravenclaw good friends?
17. While doing the Triwizard Tournament’s second task, what Harry did for breathing under the water?
Answer: He eats gillyweed.
18. Who is the girl in Ravenclaw Harry really likes?
Answer: Cho Chang.
19. Who brought Harry to Hogwarts when he was matured to go there?
20. When Lucius Malfoy took the diary, what did he throw and catched by Dobby which sets Dobby free throughout his lifetime?
Answer: Harry’s dirty sock.
21. What is the name of a person who teaches Divination (History of magic)?
Answer: Professor Binns and Professor Trelawney.
22. Who is Ron’s date to the Yule Ball?
Answer: Padma Patil.
23. What is the name given to the most ardent followers of Lord Voldemort?
Answer: Death Eaters.
24. Name the Godfather of Harry Potter?
Answer: Sirius BlackDoe.
25. What is Ron’s favorite Quidditch team?
Answer: Chudley Cannons.
26. What does Ron see in the Mirror of Erised?
Answer: Himself as Head Boy and also as a Quidditch Captain.
27. Who alone would be able to unseal the Chamber of Secrets?
Answer: The Heir of Slytherin.
28. What is the spell that Hermione Granger used to mend Harry Potter’s glasses?
Answer: Aculos Reparo.
29. Each year Mrs. Weasley gives a gift to Harry. What is that?
Answer: A New Sweater.
30. The Patronus of Snape was a?
31. On which occasion twelve-foot troll enter into Hogwart’s Academy?
32. What was the former name of Professor Sprout?
33. Phoenix stands for?
34. What is the name of the railway station in London to catch the train to Hogwarts where you should stay in between platforms 9and 10?
Answer: King’s Cross.
35. Who has done the role of Harry Potter in the films?
Answer: Daniel Radcliffe.
36. Who is the large dog that accompanied Hagrid in many places?
37. At what age one can join in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft?
38. Who was a British witch who worked as the Flying instructor, Quidditch referee, and coach at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?
Answer: Madam Rolanda Hooch.
39. Towards the end of the first book ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’, what gift did Hagrid give to Harry?
Answer: A photo album of his parents.
40. Name the book which is given to Harry by Hermione before his first Quidditch match?
Answer: Quidditch through the Ages.
41. What does Professor McGonagall placed in order to guard sorcerer’s stone?
Answer: Wizarding Chess.
42. Who are the parents of Ron?
Answer: Molly and Arthur Weasley.
43. On Dudley’s birthday at the zoo, unknowingly using underage magic Harry made the glass of a snake’s cage vanish. What is its name?
Answer: Boa Constrictor.
44. What are Hufflepuff’s house colors?
Answer: Yellow and black.
45. Name the extremely unsocial ghost of Slytherin who is the only one can control Peeves?
Answer: The Bloody Baron.
46. Who was Harry’s captain in Slytherin in his first Quidditch match?
Answer: Marcus Flint.
47. There is a female dragon Nobert in Harry Potter. What is its species?
Answer: Norwegian Ridge back.
48. Name the person who usually referred to as Wormtail or Scabbers?
Answer: Peter Pettigrew.
49. Name the category who was born into a wizarding family but hasn’t got any magic powers?
50. Which animal attacked Ron’s father when Harry had an intense dream?
Answer: A snake.
51. Which incantation conjures the Dark Mark?
52. Name the magical potion that makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, during which everything they attempt will be successful in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince?
Answer: Felix Felicis.
53. What does Dumbledore tell Harry he sees in the Mirror of Erised?
54. Which character in Harry Potter carries a camera always with him at Hogwarts?
Answer: Colin Creevey.
55. Who is the producer of the philosopher’s stone?
Answer: Nicolas Flamel.
56. Harry’s best friends are?
Answer: Hermione and Ron.
57. The role of Professor McGonagall was done in the movies by?
Answer: Maggie Smith.
58. Name the warden of the orphanage from where Voldemort came from?
Answer: Mrs. Cole.
59. Who was appointed as the guards of Azkaban prison by The Ministry of Magic?
60. Who is Harry’s Father?
Answer: James Potter.
61. To which school Harry has been planning to go in the fall, before getting his invitation to Hogwarts School?
62. Who kisses Harry after DA lesson in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’?
Answer: Cho Chang.
63. What was Hermione’s weapon to escape from Devil’s Snare plant?
64. Name the mother of Severus Snape, who was a pure-blooded witch
65. What was the street address of the home owned by Vernon and Petunia Dursley?
Answer: 4 Privet Drive.
66. What is the name of a person who has never been a Death Eater?
Answer: Horace Slughorn.
67. What is the name of Hagrid’s pet, a giant spider?
68. Date of birth of Harry Potter is on?
Answer: 31st of July 1980.
69. What is the name of the fictitious author, which is also the pen name of JK Rowling, who wrote the book Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them’?
Answer: Newt Scamander.
70. Name the place where Harry was born?
Answer: Godric’s Hollow.
71. Who became a Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team by or before her third year?
Answer: Angelina Johnson.
72. What was the name of Harry’s mother’s maid?
73. In which place Harry realized he can talk with the snakes?
Answer: At the Zoo.
74. Which job did Harry acquire when he grew up?
Answer: Head of the Auror Office.
Hardest Harry Potter Trivia Questions
This quiz is not for the faint of heart. It’s time to put your Harry Potter knowledge to the test. Are you ready? The hardest Harry Potter quiz is a challenging Harry Potter trivia quiz that tests your understanding of the entire series.
1. Who made Sorcerer’s stone, an object capable of turning metal into gold and granting immortality with its Elixir of Life?
Answer: Nicholas Flamel.
2. Harry usually plays a game using the cupboard?
Answer: Toy Soldiers.
3. What is the name of Neville toads?
4. Which tree’s wood is used to make Harry’s magic wand?
5. Which color represents Slytherin houses?
Answer: Green and silver.
6. To which school Harry planned to go before he decided to go to Hogwarts?
Answer: Stonewall High.
7. Harry passed out for how many days after finding the sorcerer’s stone?
8. In his first quidditch match, Harry’s team was against which House?
9. Name the person who put Harry’s name in the Goblet of Fire?
Answer: Barty Crouch, Jr.
10. Fist name of Macnair, who is a death eater too?
11. The colors which represent Ravenclaw house are?
Answer: Blue and Bronze.
12. What gift did grandmother give Neville in his first year at Hogwarts?
Answer: A Remembrall.
13. Name one of Dumbledore’s middle names.
Answer: Brian (Literally, everyone says Brian. But, if you want the whole name, it’s: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore).
14. IN the first Tri-Wizard Tournament task what kind of dragon was faced by the harry potter?
Answer: Hungarian Horntail Dragon.
15. What is Sirius Black’s middle name?
16. Which quidditch team does Ron support?
Answer: The Chudley Cannons.
17. What does the J. K. stand for in J. K. Rowling?
Answer: Joanne Kathleen.
18. Who are Wendell and Monica Wilkins?
Answer: Hermione Granger’s Parents.
19. Hermione changed her parent’s identity to protect them from what?
Answer: Death Eaters.
20. What do you get soaked in if you tap the wrong barrel to enter the Hufflepuff common room?
21. ‘Sectumsempra’ is the spell for what?
Answer: Causing Severe Lacerations.
22. Which actress played Ginny Weasley?
Answer: Bonnie Wright.
23. What are the name of the balls in a Quidditch game?
Answer: 1 Quaffle, 2 Bludgers & 1 Snitch.
24. ‘Densaugeo’ is the spell for what?
Answer: Making teeth grow quickly.
25. Who is Hagrid’s mother?
Answer: The Giantess Fridwulfa.
26. What kind of creature the Aragog is?
27. ‘Furnunculus’ is the spell for what?
Answer: Covering someone in Boils.
28. Which actress played Luna Lovegood?
Answer: Evanna Lynch.
29. How many players, per team, are there in a Quidditch game?
30. Who teaches Muggle Studies at Hogwarts?
Answer: Professor Charity Burbage.
31. What spell should you use if you want to find out the last spell a wand used?
Answer: Priori Incantatem.
32. ‘Episkey’ is the spell for what?
Answer: Healing minor injuries.
33. What is the favorite color of Umbridge?
34. Who teaches Charms at Hogwarts?
Answer: Filius Flitwick.
35. ‘Duro’ is the spell for what?
Answer: Hardening Objects.
36. Name the person who keeps the Potter family’s secret?
Answer: Peter Pettigrew.
37. Which actor played Neville Longbottom?
Answer: Matthew Lewis.
37 .How many points are awarded for a goal in a game of Quidditch?
38. Name the horse-like creatures that can only be seen by those who have witnessed death?
39. What is Kingsley Shacklebolt’s Patronus?
40. The tears of Phoenixes contain what powers?
41. What is Voldermot’s real middle name?
42. ‘Protego’ is the spell for what?
Answer: Shielding its caster from curses.
43. Who teaches Arithmancy at Hogwarts?
Answer: Septima Vector.
44. ‘Imperito’ is the spell for what?
Answer: Makes target obey every command.
45. Which actor played Professor Filius Flitwick and Griphook?
Answer: Warwick Davis.
46. Who teaches Herbology at Hogwarts?
Answer: Pomona Sprout.
47. Who teaches Flying at Hogwarts?
Answer: Rolanda Hooch.
48. ‘Glisseo’ is the spell for what?
Answer: Turning a staircase into a slide.
49. How much is the worth of a Galleon?
Answer: 17 Sickles.
50. Which teacher does Nagini eat?
Answer: Charity Burbage.
51. Which potion Slughorn is used as a prize?
Answer: Felix Felices.
52. What does the father of Luna Lovegood do for a living?
Answer: Works for Quibbler.
53. What is Cho Chang’s Patronus?
54. ‘Aparecium’ is the spell for what?
Answer: Making invisible ink disappear.
55. Who is the oldest brother of Weasley?
56. What is the name of the language that the snakes can speak in the movie?
57. What is a student called when the Sorting Hat takes longer than 5 minutes to choose their house?
Answer: A Hatstall.
58. Which Dark Wizard was the original inhabitant of the fortress of Azkaban?
59. In which year was the movie ‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’ released?
60. What is Aberforth Dumbledore’s Patronus?
Harry Potter Trivia Questions and Answers
Harry Potter is one of the most well-known book series of all time. It has been translated into over 80 languages, sold more than 400 million copies, and been turned into eight blockbuster films. This section will be looking at Harry Potter trivia questions and answers.
1. What is the meaning of K in J.K. Rowling?
2. What is the name of the person who was flying with the Mad Eye when he died?
Answer: Mundungus Fletcher.
3. How many kids are there in the family of Weasley?
4. What animal is featured on the Slytherin badge?
Answer: A serpent.
5. What was Fred and George’s joke shop’s name?
Answer: Wizard Wheezes.
6. Who is the ghost of Hufflepuff?
Answer: The Fat Friar.
7. Which is not an Unforgivable Curse?
Answer: Avada KedavraCrucio.
8. Who played the role of Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter movies?
Answer: Richard Bremmer.
9. Who many brothers the Ron Weasley has?
10. What is the name of the place where lily potter grow up?
Answer: Coke Worth.
11. Gryffindor quidditch team captain is?
Answer: Oliver Wood.
12. What is given to Harry Potter in the third year?
13. What is the date on which Voldemort murder the parents of harry potter?
Answer: 31 October.
14. What is the first name of Professor Flitwick?
16. What is the Boggart of Parvati Patil?
Answer: A Mummy
16. When the Chamber of Secrets was opened for the very first time, who was the headmaster of Hogwarts?
17. What does Ron was seeing in the Mirror of Erised?
Answer: The Quidditch Cup.
18. What is the name of the place where Rowling wrote most of the first book?
Answer: Cafe in Edinburgh, Scotland.
19. Which ear was lost by the Fred Weasley?
Answer: George is the person who lost his ear.
20. Was the Weasley owned 36 a like a pet?
21. Which method is not used for wizards transport??
Answer: A Sock.
22. Under which pseudonym the novel ‘The Cuckoo’s calling’ was written by the Rowling?
Answer: Robert Galbraith.
23. In “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone”, who’s the first student to be placed in Ravenclaw?
Answer: Terry Boot.
24. What is a public statement that was not made by the Rowling about her characters?
Answer: Dolores Umbridge is Voldemort’s distant cousin.
25. What guards the Ravenclaw common room?
Answer: A bronze knocker in the shape of an eagle.
26. What was the career of Harry Potter after leaving Hogwarts?
Answer: Become an Auror at a Ministry of Magic.
27. What is the name of the house at Hogwarts from which the Harry belongs to?
Answer: The house of Gryffindor.
28. What does Harry Potter want to become after completing graduation from Hogwarts?
Answer: An Auror.
29. Is Blackthorn Wand is known as one of the Deathly Hallows?
30. What is the position that Harry Potter played on the Quidditch team?
31. According to Rowling what is the name of HP character that she says modeled on herself?
Answer: Hermione Granger.
32. What is the reason due to which Harry get a scar on his forehead?
Answer: When Lord Voldemort killed the parents of Harry Potter and also tried to kill Harry when he was a baby.
33. What does Sorcerer’s Stone do in the movie?
Answer: He can easily transform any kind of metal into gold and then he can produce the Elixir of Life.
34. Is the unicorn hair an ingredient of Harry Potter’s wand?
35. After Cornelius fudge what is the name of Prime Minister of Magic?
Answer: Rufus Scrimgeour.
36. What’s the name of the person who became the Ravenclaw ghost after her death?
Answer: Helena Ravenclaw.
37. IN the first challenge of the Triwizard tournament what kind of dragon was faced by the Harry Potter?
Answer: The Hungarian Horntail.
38. What is used to destroy Horcrux?
Answer: Asilisk venom.
39. What is the thing that is caught by the Dobby and set him free from Mr. Malfoy?
Answer: Harry Potter’s dirty sock.
40. Who is a Nagini?
Answer: The Giant snake.
41. What spell can help to protect from the dementor?
Answer: Expecto patronum.
42. What is the name of HP book outside the big 7 which is published by Rowling?
Answer: The Tales of Beedle the Bard.
43. Who is Fluffy?
Answer: A dog with three heads.
44. Name the hippogriff that was a pet of Hagrid in the third year?
45. What is Peeves?
Answer: A Poltergeist.
46. What’s the name of the ghost who wanders through the Ravenclaw common room?
Answer: The Grey Lady.
47. What is the Imperius Curse can do in the movie?
Answer: Control the actions of other people.
48. What is the name of the brother of Dumbledore?
49. What is Harry wife name?
Answer: Ginny Weasley.
50. What kind of potion force the drinker to tell truth?
51. What is the name of the newspaper that appears in 8 books?
Answer: Daily Prophet.
52. Which is the element of Slytherin?
53. Is Kira the name of Albus and Aberforth’s mother?
54. What is the name of the person who killed Professor Dumbledore?
Answer: Severus Snape.
55. Which animal is featured on the Hufflepuff house badge?
Answer: A badger.
56. In which way the Harry Potter catches his very first snitch?
Answer: By using his mouth.
57. What was the reason for planting Whomping Willow?
Answer: To project the Remus Lupin.
58. What is Harry Potter’s first book name?
Answer: Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
59. Tell the name of Dumbledore’s phoenix?
60. How Hermione did take her extra lessons in the third year?
Answer: By using the Time-Turner.
61. What is the method which is not used by the Hogwarts to get Harry Potter his letters?
Answer: Bewitching the milkman.
62. What is the last name of Hermione?
63. Who is the person that is known as Grawp?
Answer: The half-brother of the Giant.
64. What is the name of a person who is Scabbers in his form of Animagus?
Answer: Peter Pettigrew.
65. What Malfoy call to Hermione?
66. What is the name of a magical talent that Harry shared with Voldemort?
Answer: Flying car.
67. How did the Moaning Myrtle die?
Answer: Due to Wit and learning.
68. Who was the Ravenclaw house founder?
Answer: Rowena Ravenclaw.
69. In which way the Fawkes the Phoenix save Harry Potter?
Answer: By using his tears.
70. What are the names of teams that were the players of the Quidditch World Cup that Harry Potter attended?
Answer: Bulgaria and Ireland.
71. What is the Gryffindor house symbol?
72. Dumbledore will what did she leave Hermione?
Answer: Tales of Beedle the Bard.
73. When first time Hagrid met to harry potter what he gives to him?
Answer: Birthday cake.
74. How many points are worth by the Golden Snitch?
Final Thoughts on Harry Potter Trivia Questions
Harry Potter trivia questions are a wonderful way to learn more about the series. You will learn about the characters, plots, and famous dialogues of the characters.
Harry Potter trivia questions are entertaining and exciting for all ages, especially children. You may spend quality time with your friends or family by playing this game. No matter where you are, you can play it and test the knowledge of your Potterhead friends.
Harry Potter quiz questions can be educational for children. They can also be used in classrooms as a study tool or homework assignment. You may use them for your children or pupils studying English as a second language.
It’s a terrific method to learn more about the world of Harry Potter, test your knowledge of Harry Potter, and discover new topics quickly and enjoyably.
Don’t forget to choose Harry Potter trivia questions and answers from our well-crafted collection!