Summertime is a perfect opportunity to get out and explore the world around you!
Make things even more fun by challenging friends and family with a summer trivia quiz.
Whether you’re lounging beachside, camping in nature’s playground, or just relaxing at home – these 100+ summer trivia questions will keep everyone entertained!
So grab an iced tea or a cold brew and flex your knowledge of all things summer – from favorite beach spots to classic barbecue recipes.
As famed American philosopher Henry David Thoreau said: “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you have imagined.”
And what better way than by learning something new? Grab a pencil and notebook, so you can jot down the answers as we go along!
Best Summer Trivia Questions
Summer trivia is a great way to keep your brain sharp while soaking up some much-needed vitamin D. So grab a cold drink, round up your near ones, and get ready for some serious mental exercise with these best summer quiz questions and answers.
1. What is considered the hottest place on Earth?
Answer: Death Valley, California.
2. What tower actually grows up to nearly six inches in summer due to metal expansion on hot days?
Answer: The Eiffel Tower.
3. What year was the “Summer of Love”?
4. What is the name of the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere?
Answer: Summer Solstice.
5. What day, in which night and date are about the same length, signals the end of summer?
Answer: Autumnal Equinox.
6. What is the number one tourist attraction in the United States?
Answer: The Grand Canyon.
7. What are the three zodiac signs of summer?
Answer: Cancer, Leo, Virgo.
8. What refers to exceptionally hot and humid weather that occurs during summer?
Answer: Dog Days.
9. Which vitamin do you get from sunshine?
Answer: Vitamin D.
10. What month does summer start in the Southern Hemisphere?
11. Which U.S. state is the coolest in the summer?
12. Which country has the biggest water park in the world?
13. Where did the largest summer bikini parade take place on August 19, 2012?
Answer: Huludao City, Liaoning, China
14. What is the Proto-Germanic word from which the English word ‘summer’ came?
15. Which summer month was known by the ancient Romans as “Sextilis”, meaning sixth?
General Summer Trivia Questions
Why not spice up your summer gatherings with this summer general knowledge quiz? Be sure that there’s something for everyone. So grab a pen and paper because it’s time to show off your trivia skills and maybe even learn something new along the way.
1. In southern England, where do people assemble to see the Summer solstice?
2. What inflatable object is commonly used for fun and games at the beach during summer?
Answer: Beach ball.
Answer: June 20-22.
4. What does “SPF” stand for?
Answer: Sun protection factor.
5. What is the name of the largest desert in the world?
Answer: Sahara Desert.
6. What is the Guinness World Record for the longest barbecue marathon?
Answer: 80 hours.
7. What holiday is celebrated in the summer on July 4 in the United States?
Answer: Independence Day.
8. Which is one of the most sold items in summer in America?
9. Records show that summers are getting hotter and hotter. What do we call this phenomenon?
Answer: Global warming.
10. When is International Parents Day celebrated?
Answer: On June 1.
11. In which country was the concept of the modern barbecue grill originally invented?
Answer: The United States of America.
12. Who owns the biggest collection of surfboards in the United States as of 2023?
Answer: Donald Dettloff.
13. Which United States holiday unofficially implies the end of the summer?
Answer: Labor Day.
14. Which park in Washington, United States is often one of the visited during the summer?
Answer: Mount Rainier National Park.
Fun Summer Trivia Questions
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy some sun, sand, and a little bit of intellectual stimulation! If you’re looking for a fun activity to test your knowledge and impress your friends, why not give this fun summer quiz a try?
1. In Stickball, what is the ball called?
2. How many forms of watermelons exist?
Answer: More than 1000.
3. Where was the largest summer bikini parade recorded on August 19, 2012?
Answer: Huludao City, Liaoning, China.
4. In what year is the ice cream sandwich believed to have been invented?
5. Name the busiest season in theatres?
6. Which three fruits are the most commonly purchased compared to other fruits during the summer in America?
Answer: Watermelon, tomatoes, and peaches.
7. In which city in the United States of America are ice cream sandwiches believed to have been invented?
Answer: New York City.
8. What is the traditional birthstone for August?
9. Which month of the year is National Ice Cream Month celebrated in the United States of America?
10. Which country is famous for the biggest waterpark in the world?
11. Which place is famous for the hot dog contest on 4 July?
Answer: Coney Island, Brooklyn.
12. In the street game Stickball, a broomstick is used as the bat. What is the ball called?
13. Which historical personality from Rome is the month of July named after?
Answer: Julius Caesar.
Easy Summer Trivia Questions
Whether you’re lounging poolside or soaking up the rays at the park, this easy summer trivia with answers is sure to keep the fun going. So grab your family and get ready to have some fun in the sun with these easy summer trivia questions.
1. Which insect is the most prevalent during the summer months?
2. Which month is a national blueberry month?
Answer: The month of July.
3. When the planet did not experience summer in history?
Answer: In 1986.
4. When is the last day of summer?
Answer: September 20th.
5. Which hemisphere gets more sun in summer than the Northern Hemisphere?
Answer: The South Hemisphere.
6. The term the “dog days of summer” comes from?
7. Which sport played in summer where you hit balls into 18 holes for points?
8. Which butterflies spend the summer in North America before migrating south?
Answer: Monarch butterflies.
9. When is the first day of summer?
Answer: It is between June 20th and June 22nd every year.
10. What is summer sleep called?
11. Why Summer is the warmest season?
Answer: Because the Earth is tilted toward the sun.
12. Where does the World Margarita Championship held each August?
Answer: In Arizona.
13. Which body function improves by Sunshine?
Answer: Brain function.
14. What happens more in summer because of the warm humid air?
Summer Trivia Questions about Food and Drink
Summer is the perfect time to indulge in delicious and refreshing food and drinks. But how much do you really know about summer culinary favorites? Test your knowledge with this summer food and drink trivia quiz and answers! Let’s get quizzical!
1. What berry can be red, golden, or black?
2. Which summertime vegetable has 800 kernels on average?
3. Margaritas are a refreshing summertime cocktail made with what type of alcohol?
4. Spanish Red is a variety of what?
5. What delicious summer drink which includes wine and fruit comes from Spain?
6. What classic summer cocktail invented in Cuba contains mint, sugar, lime, and rum?
Answer: The Mojito.
7. What sliced cheese is in the Italian Salad Caprese along with tomatoes and basil?
8. If you like Pina Coladas, visit this country, as it is the national drink. Which country is it?
Answer: Puerto Rico.
9. What was the leading ice cream brand sold in the U.S. in 2022?
Answer: Ben & Jerry’s.
10. What summer seafood is now a delicacy but was once considered “poor man’s protein?
11. What type of lettuce is used in a Caesar salad?
12. What cheese is in a Greek salad?
Answer: Feta cheese.
13. What is the Italian word for ice cream?
14. What three flavors make up Neapolitan ice cream?
Answer: Vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry.
Summer Trivia Questions about Songs
Summer is a time for sunny days, ice cream cones, and of course, some good tunes to jam out to. It’s always fun to test your knowledge with some summer music trivia questions and answers. So, let’s dive into some summer music trivia and see if you can name the artists and songs that scream summertime.
1. The song “Summer Nights” is from which 1978 movie?
2. Kenny Chesney also has a famous song about this season. What is it called?
3. Who wrote and sang the 1980s hit “Boys of Summer”?
Answer: Don Henley.
4. Who is the lead singer of Pearl Jam?
Answer: Eddie Vedder.
5. Who sang the 1970s rock anthem “Schools Out”?
Answer: Alice Cooper.
6. Which pop star sings the 2014 hit “Cool for the Summer?”
Answer: Demi Lovato.
7. Which artist had the hit “Summer of “69”?
Answer: Bryan Adams.
8. What was the most-streamed song on Spotify in the U.S. during the summer of 2022?
Answer: “Running Up That Hill” by Kate Bush.
9. “I Swear” was this quartet’s song that peaked in the summer of 1994.
10. Nelly had a hot song that spent seven weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2022. What song was it?
Answer: “Hot in Herre”.
11. Who is the lead singer of Smash Mouth?
Answer: Steven Harwell.
12. “Watermelon Sugar” was written and recorded by what artist?
Answer: Harry Styles.
13. Which singer is a godmother to Elton John’s two sons?
Answer: Lady Gaga.
14. Which reggae artist covered Mungo Jerry’s summer song “In The Summertime”?
Summer Trivia Questions for Seniors
Here, we’ve got some great questions for seniors who love a good challenge. This summer trivia for seniors is the perfect way to keep your mind sharp while enjoying the sunshine. So grab a cold drink and get ready to show off your knowledge about summer!
1. What is the biggest summer blockbuster movie of all time, as of 2021?
Answer: ‘Avengers: Endgame’.
3. What is the name of the famous amusement park in California that is home to the “Happiest Place on Earth”?
4. What is the name of the national park in the United States that is famous for its geysers?
Answer: Yellowstone National Park.
5. What is the name of the famous beach in Hawaii that is known for its big waves?
Answer: Waimea Bay.
6. Which city in the United States is known as the ‘Sunniest City’?
Answer: Yuma, Arizona.
7. What is the name of the largest lake in North America by surface area?
Answer: Lake Superior.
8. What is the name of the famous road that runs from Chicago to Santa Monica?
Answer: Route 66.
9. What is the name of the famous national park in California that is known for its giant trees?
Answer: Sequoia National Park.
10. What is the name of the beach town in Florida that is known as the “Redneck Riviera”?
Answer: Panama City Beach.
11. What is the name of the famous national park in Utah that is known for its colorful rock formations?
Answer: Zion National Park.
12. What fruit is typically associated with summer?
13. What is the name of the island in the Caribbean that is a popular tourist destination known for its beaches and snorkeling?
14. What is the name of the famous beach in Australia that is known for its white sand and crystal-clear water?
Answer: Whitehaven Beach.
Summer Trivia Questions Multiple Choice
Summer is a time for fun in the sun! And what better way to challenge your knowledge on all things summer than with a summer trivia multiple choice? Test your summer knowledge with these multiple choice questions and see if you’re the ultimate summer expert!
1. The 2024 Summer Olympics will be held in which city?
B. Cape Town
C. Los Angeles
2. Which ingredient can be used as the filling for a summer pudding?
3. What was the coldest temperature ever in summer in the United Kingdom, which was recorded in 1955 in Dalwhinnie?
A. -0.7 Celsius degrees
B. -5.6 Celsius degrees
C. -11.2 Celsius degrees
4. The summer lasts from June to September in the northern hemisphere. When is the summertime in the southern hemisphere?
A. From June to September
B. From October to December
C. From December to March
5. All of the following are summer fruits, EXCEPT…
6. When is the Christian festival of Midsummer Day celebrated?
A. 24th July
B. 24th August
C. 24th June
7. The Summer Exhibition is held annually in which art gallery in London?
A. The Royal Academy of Arts
B. Whitechapel Gallery
C. The national Gallery
8. Which OTC vitamin may be used as a sunscreen by ingesting or applying a solution to the skin?
A. Vitamin C
B. Vitamin A
C. Vitamin D
9. “Shall I compare three to a summer’s day” is the opening line in which sonnet by Williams Shakespeare?
A. Sonnet number 3
B. Sonnet number 18
C. Sonnet number 8
10. Queen Elizabeth II often spends her summer holiday in which royal residence?
A. Windsor castle
B. Sandringham House
C. Balmoral Castle
11. The Summer Time was first introduced in Britain at what year?
12. Which year in the 60s was known as “The Summer of Love” with free-love, anti-war, drug, and hippie music scenes?
Well, who could have guessed there were so many summer trivia questions and answers?
We hope you found these 100+ summer trivia questions and answers helpful for your next summer quiz or dinner party conversation.
Let us know in the comments section below how many you got right!
From all of us here, thank you so much for reading our blog.
We’d also love to hear your ideas for future topics; let us know what’s hot on your mind!
Summer’s still here- now go out and enjoy it with friends knowing a little bit more about its spirit.
Until next time- take care!