In this article, we are going to share a beautiful and extensive collection of ice breaker questions with you.
How well do you know your friends, coworkers, and members of other groups? Do you believe you could collaborate more successfully if you know them better?
One of the most effective methods to create relationships and learn more about individuals is to ask them questions. We’ve compiled a large list of ice breaker questions to assist your team bond.
Choose one at a time or invite a group of them to a team meeting. Regardless of how you utilize them, your team may have some fun while also learning more about each other.
Awkward silences, uncomfortable meetings, and hectic work days – all of these scenarios can benefit from these ice breaker questions!
Best Ice Breaker Questions
It’s wonderful to go a little further with your team once you’ve established psychological safety. These best ice breaker questions are intended to help you take your relationships to the next level.
1. If you were an athlete, what would you choose as your walkout song?
2. Do you prefer books or films?
3. Do you prefer working remotely or working in an office?
4. Do you prefer mornings or nights?
5. What book, movie read/seen recently you would recommend and why?
6. If you were the president, what would you change about the decorations in the White House?
7. If you were to change your name, what name would you change to and why?
8. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
9. Do you prefer nights out or nights in?
10. Do you like a charity that you wish more people knew about?
11. Do you prefer to dress smart or casual?
12. What song describes your life right now?
13. Can everyone point up, point to the left, point to the right?
14. What is the craziest outfit you have ever worn?
15. If you were the Miss World, what would your message for aspiring models be?
16. Do you prefer sweet or savoury?
17. Do you prefer the pool or the beach?
18. What book had the most significant impact on you?
19. What well-known person does the most good for the world?
20. How did you spend your first paycheck?
21. If you could have an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be?
22. Do you prefer fruits or vegetables?
23. What are you kind of snobby about?
24. Do you prefer cardio or weight lifting?
25. If you could go to Mars, would you? Why or why not?
26. What is the most outrageous impulse purchase you ever made?
27. Do you prefer summer or winter?
28. Do you have houseplants in your office?
29. If you were forced to sing karaoke, what song would you choose and why?
30. What do you want to do when you retire?
Random Ice Breaker Questions
All of these random icebreaker questions are inclusive, offer useful information about team members, and promote self-expression. None of them have correct or incorrect responses, nor are they likely to make someone feel inadequate.
1. What’s the best backhanded compliment you’ve heard / can think of on the spot?
2. What were words you couldn’t pronounce as a child, so you made up your own?
3. If you had to spend a day as a fish or a bird, which would you choose?
4. What incredibly common thing have you never done?
5. If you could only use one emoji for the rest of your life what would it be?
6. What was your best cartoon as a child?
7. Who had a big influence on you as a kid or a teenager?
8. Pull out your phone; what’s your most used emoji?
9. Do you enjoy cooking or baking?
10. What is one thing you love?
11. What’s one thing you’re really bad at?
12. What compliment do people give you the most?
13. What book do you own but have never read?
14. What do you most want the group to know about you?
15. What’s the next item on your bucket list?
16. What’s one project that you could stop doing to give yourself more focus?
17. What is the strangest gift you have ever received?
18. Have you ever met your idol or someone you revere greatly?
19. What’s a nickname people actually call you?
20. Have you ever traveled outside of the country?
21. Which bad habits of other people drive you crazy?
22. Would you rather work from home or work in an office or do you like the idea of a combo of both?
23. Have you done any volunteer work?
24. What’s something—big or small—that you’re really bad at?
25. What is your idea for de-stressing?
26. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
27. What book did you read that changed your life the most?
28. What workers have the worst jobs?
29. How long do you think you’d last in a zombie apocalypse?
30. How do you get motivated for difficult tasks?
Funny Ice Breaker Questions
These funny ice breaker questions will make you laugh out loud just from reading them. Prepare for some hilarious answers, too!
1. If trapped in a horror movie, who would be the first one to die from your team?
2. All in all, who is more likely to cry during an emotional moment?
3. If you had to talk like a cartoon character for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
4. If given the choice of being the best at your worst job or the worst at your dream job, which one would you pick?
5. Altogether, what is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
6. All things considered, the worst advice you’ve followed and regretted?
7. If the title of your autobiography is the name of your favorite guilty pleasure, what would it be?
8. The worst advice you’ve given that others regretted?
9. Which is the lie that you’ve frequently gotten away with?
10. If you had to break the ice during some awkward silences, which joke would you crack?
11. According to you, which reality TV show is the funniest?
12. Namely, a peculiar family tradition that you have?
13. In which sport would you compete (weird things are fine) that’ll fetch you at least one award?
14. Which horrible fashion trend do you secretly like?
15. Particularly, name a team-building activity that you secretly hate?
16. The worst thing that you’ve ever eaten?
17. Name one thing that you’ve always imagined doing but never did?
18. Which is a word that you particularly can’t stand the sound of?
19. Meanwhile, name the most adventurous dish that you’ve ever eaten?
Fun Ice Breaker Questions
The following are our personal favorites and the most popular among web users. You just cannot go wrong with them. So, to get things started on a lighter note, here are some fun ice breaker questions for you and your team to try.
1. What is that one outfit that someone could wear that will make you go on a date with them?
2. If there is a zombie apocalypse, who are the three people you would want on your team?
3. Which emoji do you use most?
4. What was the worst fashion faux pas you ever made?
5. Describe the worst haircut you ever had? What age were you?
6. Who was your childhood celebrity crush?
7. If you were a hero in a movie, what would your entrance theme song be?
8. Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? Who was it?
9. What was the most embarrassing fashion trend you used to follow?
10. If you had your own talk show, who would you invite as your first guest?
11. If you were famous, what do you think it would be for?
12. If you had to karaoke, what song would you pick?
13. What was your least favorite food/dish as a kid? Do you still hate it?
14. If you had to eat one food every day for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
15. What is your favorite sandwich, and why?
16. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? Who gave it to you?
17. After you die, what do you want to be remembered for?
18. What is the most expensive item you have bought this year?
19. What would you title your autobiography?
20. If you get super rich, would you still like to work?
21. What is your favorite animal? Do you have a pet?
22. What fictional family would you like to be a member of?
23. What is your favorite television show?
24. What would you choose as your superpower if you could, and why?
25. What place would you like to visit before getting old?
26. Which book have you read recently that you would like to recommend? Why?
27. What breed of dog would you prefer as a pet?
28. If you get a time machine, would you go back in time or to the future?
29. Can you live without your smartphone or any other gadget for 48 hours?
30. What is that one thing most people don’t know about you?
31. Can you cook? What is your favorite meal to cook?
32. How many languages can you speak?
33. What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten? Where did you eat it?
34. What is the most outrageous thing you have ever done?
35. What is that on your cellphone wallpaper?
36. Would you prefer to have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?
37. Would you prefer to have more time or more money?
38. Where is the last place you would be caught dead?
39. What is your biggest turn off in a man/woman?
40. What would you prefer to stop – mental aging or physical aging?
41. Would you rather be famous for your intelligence or your good looks?
42. What type of traits do you want in your future partner?
43. What are the childish things you still do as an adult?
44. What is the best gift anyone has ever given you? Who gave it?
45. What is in the trunk of your car right at this moment?
46. What was in your high school locker?
47. What are your ten favorite foods?
48. What is the cutest thing you did as a child that your parents still talk about?
Team Ice Breaker Questions
These team ice breaker questions can help you break the ice and get to know one other better. They’re ideal for one-on-one conversations or private coaching sessions. Employees face a lot of pressure to perform successfully in the workplace. Knowing what drives their success early on can help you push them in a new approach.
1. Do you like square or triangle pizza?
2. If you could be reincarnated as any animal, which would you choose?
3. Which sitcom would you like to play a role on?
4. Did you have celebrity posters on your walls as a kid?
5. Who is your celebrity doppelgänger?
6. What is the most bizarre food you’ve ever eaten?
7. What’s the best movie you got to see in theaters?
8. What is your “comfort movie”?
9. You’re next up for karaoke! What song do you pick?
10. What is your favorite way to kill time during quarantine?
11. Do you prefer the classic Disney movies or the live-action remakes?
12. What is your favorite quarantine purchase?
13. Would you rather live in Arizona or Alaska?
14. If you were a dog, what breed would you be?
15. Have you ever had a random celebrity encounter?
16. If you could live in any country for one year, which would you choose and why?
17. Who is your favorite movie villain?
18. What would your personal theme song be?
19. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
20. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
21. If you could skip one part of your daily routine, what would it be and why?
22. What is in the trunk of your car right now?
23. What is the best gift you have ever received?
Meeting Ice Breaker Questions
These icebreakers for meetings are simple, yet effective, questions designed to encourage employees to get to know each other a little better. They involve everyone and can be used before, after or during a meeting.
1. What was your first job?
2. Are you reading anything interesting right now?
3. Have you seen any good movies or shows lately?
4. Where was the last place you went for the first time?
5. Do you have a favorite breakfast cereal? Follow-up question: milk first, or cereal first?
6. If this is wrong, I don’t want to be right: Favorite weird (but brilliant) food combo?
7. Would you rather be able to fly or turn invisible?
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world today, where would you go?
9. Which one fictional place would you most like to visit?
10. When does time pass by way too quickly?
11. Have you ever met anyone famous?
12. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
13. What’s the first thing you remember buying with your own money?
14. Who was most influential in your life as a kid?
15. If you could only use one piece of technology, what would it be?
16. What is your favorite hobby or pastime?
17. If you were to host your own talk show, who would be your first guest?
18. How many cities have you lived in during your life and which is your favorite?
19. What is your favorite quotation of all time?
20. If you were to donate to one charity, what would it be and why?
21. If you had one free hour each day, what would you do?
22. What is the best gift ever you ever received?
23. You have a time machine. When (and where) would you like to visit first?
24. If you didn’t have to work right now, what would you be doing instead?
25. How would your best friend describe you?
26. How would your enemy describe you?
27. If your life were a TV show, what genre would it be?
28. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Good Ice Breaker Questions
There is a significant distinction between excellent and lousy icebreakers. There are some icebreakers that will make your team die a bit inside, whether it’s two facts and one invention or being asked to share “some fascinating fact about oneself.” Here are some good ice breaker questions.
1. Have you ever wished to become invisible for a day, when was it?
2. If you could ask funny questions, what would it be?
3. What’s the most embarrassing word you ever spoke?
4. What did you name your first pet?
5. If you could choose any religion, which one would you choose?
6. Do you prefer a big house or a small house?
7. Show us the wallpaper of your phone. Why did you pick this image?
8. What is one accessory that someone could wear to take you out on a date with them?
9. What is your most used accessory?
10. What was the worst dress code you ever wore?
11. Name your childhood actor/actress crush?
12. Show an emoji that best describes how you are feeling right now?
13. How do you react to awkward silences?
14. If you were an egg, what way would you like to be cooked?
15. What is the weirdest creature to have ever landed on Earth?
16. Have you ever been mistaken for someone famous? If yes, who?
17. Which reality show would you appear in?
18. A song that describes your life right now?
19. Which bathroom habit are you ashamed of?
20. If you were about to die but were allowed one song to listen to, which one would it be and why?
21. If you were to pitch me buying toilet paper for $50, what would your pitch be?
22. What was the best day of your life, and why?
23. Do you laugh when the ketchup bottle “farts”?
24. What is the weirdest compliment you have ever received?
25. If you had an unlimited supply of something for the rest of your life, what would it be?
26. What does your perfect breakfast look like?
27. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?
28. What is something you hate?
29. What is your favorite and least favorite thing about technology?
30. What movie or TV-Show can you rewatch over and over again?
31. What is your favorite smell, and why?
32. What apps do you use the most?
33. What is something you do better than most people?
34. What is your earliest childhood memory?
35. What are you extremely bad at?
36. If you would write your autobiography, what would the title be?
37. How, do you think, will the world be in 100 years?
38. How would you change your life if the average life expectancy was 200 years?
39. What are the most underrated things in life?
40. What was the worst date you have ever been on?
41. What do you find to be cringeworthy?
42. What’s the most incredible coincidence that ever happened to you?
43. What’s the wisest quote you have ever heard or read?
44. When raising your child, what would you do differently than your parents did?
45. What is the worst response to “I love you”?
46. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Great Ice Breaker Questions
The responses to these great ice breaker questions are certain to be entertaining. These icebreaker questions are ideal for new teams looking to break the ice and establish psychological safety with one another.
1. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever given to someone?
2. What title would you give to your autobiography?
3. What do you do to be independent?
4. If you had to delete 4 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you do?
5. What is your favorite magic trick?
6. Show me your favorite shirt?
7. A hero or heroine you would want to date?
8. If you’re given a chance to sail around the world, what lands would you want to visit?
9. What do you want to be remembered for, after dying?
10. What is your favorite dress you’ve bought this year? Could you show us?
11. How did you like science as a subject?
12. What is your absolute aim of earning?
13. Choose a talent to host a show?
14. What is your favorite activity for the evening time?
15. Can you name a few types of facials?
16. Have you ever lost a best friend because of your fault?
17. Did you ever thank yourself?
18. Are you a good listener?
19. Can you type fast? How many words per minute?
20. Are you a good Orator?
21. Would you ever bake a cake at 3:00 am?
22. Do you love children?
23. A favorite family member of yours?
Group Ice Breaker Questions
Sharing our aspirations, dreams, ambitions, and desires allows us to better understand one another and develop deeper bonds. These group ice breaker questions are best suited for groups that already know one other but want to take their working relationships to the next level.
1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite game to play on your phone?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. What is your favorite dessert, and when was the last time you ate it?
5. What is the best joke you know?
6. What is your favorite thing to do before bedtime?
7. Who gives you the best advice?
8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
9. Do you prefer Target or Walmart? Why?
10. Have you ever cried during a movie? If so, which one(s)?
11. What is your favorite room in your house and why?
12. Do you see yourself as a dog person or a cat person? Why?
13. If you worked at the zoo, what animal would you want to oversee?
14. If you were an inventor, what would you invent?
15. If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be and why?
16. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten? Did you like it?
17. Would you rather be three feet tall or ten feet tall? Why?
18. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
19. What is your dream car? Why?
20. What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had? What do you think it meant?
21. If you could live in any time period, which would you choose and why?
22. If you could go back in time and visit a famous historical character, who would you want to visit? Why?
23. Would you rather swim with sharks or climb the Eiffel tower without a safety harness?
24. How many of your neighbors do you know?
25. What do the people in your community do for recreation?
26. What is your favorite way to serve your community? Why?
27. What is the biggest need you see in your community?
28. Do you consider yourself an active member of your community? If so, give an example.
29. If you became president tomorrow, what is the first change you would make?
30. What does social justice mean to you?
31. How do you think social justice affects Christians?
32. If you were running for office, what would your campaign slogan be?
33. Do you think the world expects too much of young people? Why or why not?
34. What does community service mean to you?
35. If you could ask the president one question, what would it be?
36. Do you like discussing politics? Why or why not?
Interesting Ice Breaker Questions
Nothing beats a festive or seasonal icebreaker to lighten the tone of the room. Here are some interesting icebreaker questions for you to consider.
1. What is the month you save good money?
2. What is your favorite flavor for pastry?
3. What’s the age of your life that you would want to live as forever?
4. You’re allowed only 4 apps on your phone, which would you have?
5. What breed of dog would you want to be?
6. What’s the most spontaneous decision you’ve ever taken?
7. How much money do you make per year?
8. A question that makes you uncomfortable?
9. If you were to choose your own gender, what would it be?
10. What is the name of your current crush?
11. How did you spend your childhood?
12. Have you ever visited a psychotherapist?
13. A decision that made you regret repeatedly?
14. An incident that you never want to forget?
15. If you were to frame a sentence using “Crave”, what would you frame?
16. Do you know your mother’s maiden name?
17. What was your worst score ever?
18. Which year did you hide your report cards from your parents?
19. What is the worst secret you revealed?
20. One friend, who doesn’t expect anything from you?
21. What makes you feel vulnerable?
22. What was the last time you stayed awake till 3:00 am?
23. Do you need a house or a car?
24. Have you ever called the police?
25. What is your favorite garden place?
Ice Breaker Questions for Adults
These ice breaker questions for adults are bet for those people who want to get away from their monotonous lives and want a little bit of enjoyment.
1. When did you feel emotionally shattered, but you had no choice but to smile?
2. A heartbreaking picture of yours?
3. One person who has tormented you emotionally.
4. Has your spouse cheated on you ever?
5. Have you ever cheated on your spouse?
6. What would you do if your partner would have cheated on you with another person?
7. The longest time that you did not speak to your partner?
8. The gravest mistake that you have committed in your in-laws’ home?
9. The best quality of your husband/ wife?
10. One habit of your spouse that you simply cannot stand?
11. What’s a bedtime routine that you love the most?
12. What do you do when your partner takes you for granted?
13. Who in your family fights you the most?
14. Do you categorize yourself as an emotional person or a rational person?
15. What according to you creates balance and life?
16. One tip to maintain a healthy relationship?
17. What is the most precious thing that you can sacrifice for your love?
18. Would you choose money or understanding?
19. What according to you brings success in life?
20. Have you ever been molested in public?
21. What do you do to a person passing you bad signals?
22. What would you never give up? Wearing Lingerie or wearing a dress?
23. Do you like to answer funny questions or adult questions?
24. What makes you feel creative?
25. Any five occasions when you feel extremely shy?
Ice Breaker Questions for Kids
Being a kid you might be feeling a bit left out. But you don’t need to worry since we have something for you too. Here are some ice breaker questions for kids to enjoy.
1. A tip that you follow at your study table?
2. Tell us a story of a family trip?
3. Suggest me a movie that I should watch?
4. Do you often play a guessing game?
5. Name the strictest teacher at your school?
6. If that wasn’t your favorite color what other choices do you have?
7. Any 3 superpowers which you want to possess?
8. Would you bake a cake or cook Maggi for yourself?
9. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
10. Do you prefer hot chocolate over an energy drink?
11. Who is your favorite cricketer?
12. Which team is your favorite in cricket?
13. When is your birthday? How do you want to celebrate it this year?
14. When do you last remember celebrating with your family?
15. Three names that you have been given by your family members?
16. If you were to gossip with a teacher, whom would you choose?
17. What games are you allowed to play at school?
18. When did you start with cursive handwriting?
Ice Breaker Questions for Teens
Teenage is a sensitive age where most people don’t understand what you feel. If you want to create a little bit of your own fun among other teenagers here are some ice breaker questions for teens.
1. What is the best animal sound that you can imitate?
2. For how many hours can you sit staring at the moon?
3. Have you ever made false promises unintentionally?
4. Have you ever made fake promises intentionally?
5. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
6. Which Disney movie would you want to be a part of?
7. What’s the craziest dare you’ve ever taken?
8. What was the most embarrassing moment in front of your parents?
9. Are you the favorite child of your parents?
10. Have you ever read a book where the protagonist falls in love with the villain?
11. What are the current issues that the environment is dealing with?
12. How can we eradicate poverty? Is it possible at all?
13. What is your favorite dessert after meals?
14. Tell us the first thing you do when you get home from school?
15. What would be your ideal time to wake up every day? Do you stand up to your expectations?
16. On what topic can you lecture for hours?
17. If you were to re-create a fashion trend from the 90s, what would you recreate and how?
18. What is the best dish that you can cook without fail?
19. If you could revive a historical period what would it be?
20. What is one thing you miss in your life?
21. Which data would you want to pick up for a karaoke party?
22. Do you like sharing your contact number with other people on your first meeting?
23. A Cute fact about your parents?
Ice Breaker Questions for Friends
Having a good laugh brings every friends group closer together. Here are some ice breaker questions for your friends that will surely renew your friendship.
1. Who was the last person you felt agitated by?
2. A simple thing that blows your mind?
3. A fact of nature that makes you really curious?
4. What would you ask me if I swear to be honest?
5. What makes you judge a person?
6. If your friend commits a sin would you stand by him or against him?
7. How would you improve your friends’ studies?
8. Which habits of your friends require correction? Why?
9. Are you friends for benefit or friend in deed?
10. Would you stop talking to a friend if you catch him or her telling a lie?
11. Do you believe in intentions or actions?
12. What would you do if you know a friend is constantly cheating on you?
13. What was the most pleasant surprise that you received from your friends?
14. If you were not supposed to sleep for 3 consecutive days what are the things you would do?
15. If you were allowed to commit a sin, which sin would you commit?
16. Do you like answering the questions or questioning people?
17. What types of questions do you like to answer?
18. If you could be a different person for a day, who would that person be and why?
19. Which inedible object would you eat if it has no side effects?
20. Would you study besides working or only work?
21. Are you looking for some instant guidance on a topic? What is it?
22. When do you see yourself taking a leave from the institution?
23. What are you excited about? What worries you?
24. What’s one rule your parents or guardians enforced on you?
25. Which color describes your nature?
Ice Breaker Questions for Students
If you didn’t have fun in long time, you can easily turn things around by getting your friends to participate in these ice breaker questions for students.
1. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
2. What’s your favorite YouTube channel?
3. Which cartoon character do you wish was real?
4. What’s one thing that made you laugh recently?
5. If you could ask your favorite celebrity one thing, what would you ask?
6. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
8. If you could invite four famous people to dinner, who would you invite and why?
9. What is one thing on your “bucket list” you want to do before you finish high school?
10. If you could be a character in any movie, which one would you choose?
11. What is your hidden talent?
12. What is your favorite quote?
13. What movie makes you cry?
14. What comes to mind when you think of science?
15. What was your favorite class in school/college?
16. If you were a teacher, what would you teach?
17. What’s your favorite summertime activity?
18. Who is your favorite superhero and why?
19. What’s your favorite thing to do after school?
20. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
21. How many books did you read this summer?
22. What word would you add to the dictionary and what would it mean?
23. If you won a million dollars, what would you buy?
24. What’s your favorite book or movie and why?
25. If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would it be?
26. What’s on your bucket list and why?
27. What’s the best class you’ve ever taken?
28. Who is your role model in life?
29. What’s your favorite planet in our solar system?
30. What is your favorite day of the year?
31. What fictional character would you like to meet?
32. What’s your current favorite show to binge-watch on Netflix?
33. Are you a die-hard fan of any sports teams?
34. If you could go on one reality show, what would it be?
35. What restaurant do you eat at way too often?
36. If you could choose another name for yourself, what would it be?
37. What was your first email address?
38. What is your favorite subject?
39. What class would you wish the school is offering?
40. What do you miss the most about kindergarten?
41. What is your least favorite subject?
42. What amazed you when your first arrived on campus?
43. What local places in your hometown would you recommend to visitors?
44. What is your best study advice?
45. Aside from graduating, what is your other goal in college?
46. Who is the best teacher for you and why?
Ice Breaker Questions for Work
Lighthearted icebreaker questions are all about having fun. However, when it comes to work related stuff, we’ve also got you covered. When attempting to build a working atmosphere or forming new teams, use these ice breaker questions for work.
1. What is an interesting fact about you that nobody in this room knows?
2. What is your favorite local restaurant?
3. What is one non-work related goal that you would like to achieve in the next five years?
4. What is a slogan that describes you or your values?
5. You get to redecorate the conference room! What color do you paint these walls?
6. What is one interesting fact about your high school or college?
7. Where were you born? What is an interesting fact about your hometown?
8. What’s your favorite time of day: morning, afternoon, evening or late night?
9. What is part of your daily routine that you look forward to every day?
10. If you could spend a day with any professional athlete, who would you choose?
11. What’s the quality that people admire most about you?
12. What’s your most annoying quality or habit?
13. What’s the bravest thing you have ever done?
14. You just won a cruise to anywhere in the world! Where would you go?
15. What kind of pets did you have growing up?
16. Would you rather go hang gliding or relax on the beach watching the hang gliders?
17. If you could go back and do your college years over, what would you do differently?
18. Who is the fictional character that you have the most in common with?
19. What is one of your first childhood memories?
20. Who was your toughest teacher?
21. What’s your favorite childhood board game?
22. If you could take a month to travel anywhere, where would you go?
23. If you could time travel, which period of time would you go back to visit?
24. What would you do with your 15 minutes of fame?
25. What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?
26. Which holiday is your favorite and why?
27. Who was your favorite teacher?
28. What was your favorite childhood bedtime story that you can still quote?
29. If you could tour with any band, which band would you choose?
30. If you could star in a movie with any famous actor/actress, who would you choose as your costar?
31. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy?
32. What’s your best idea for an invention?
33. What do you hope to be doing 10 years from now?
34. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing when you retire?
35. What is one of your greatest achievements?
36. If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be?
37. What activity helps you relieve stress?
38. What class did you take in school that helps you with your job?
39. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
40. At a company field day, what is the event that you would most likely win?
41. What is a unique skill you bring to your job?
42. What movie can you watch over and over again?
43. If you could have dinner with any famous person, who would you choose?
44. If all the superheroes went to battle against each other, who do you think would win?
45. What’s your biggest fear? What’s the biggest fear you’ve ever faced?
Ice Breaker Questions for Small Groups
Just can’t get enough of icebreaker questions? We’ve got you covered. Here are some more ice breaker questions for small groups that will create lots of laughter and fun in your group meeting.
1. What was your funniest Halloween costume?
2. If you could listen to only one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. What would your autobiography be called?
4. What’s the best knock-knock joke you know?
5. Who is your craziest/most interesting relative?
6. What’s your funniest talent? Or un-talent?
7. Which celebrity do you shamelessly follow in the news?
8. What’s a funny (appropriate) pick-up line that works for you?
9. Have you ever lied about an interest/talent to impress someone? What happened next?
10. What commercial jingle gets stuck in your head all the time?
11. What dance move are you secretly awesome at?
12. What’s a weird fact you happen to know?
13. Which colleague do you think would survive a zombie apocalypse?
14. If you could give a million dollars to any of your colleagues, who would you pick?
15. Have you ever pretended to be doing something busy to get out of work?
16. Are you a morning person or a night person?
17. What’s the best thing about working from home?
18. If you could go back in time, what is one thing you would change?
19. If you could live in one place for the rest of your life, where would you go?
20. What would your superpower be?
21. If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
22. If you could get any pet in the world, what animal would you want to bring home?
23. What do you call a Jewish icebreaker?
24. What does one ice cube say to another to complement it?
25. Why did the new ice hockey player not perform well?
26. Why did the strangers walk out onto the frozen pond?
27. Why is a polar bear a cheap pet to have?
28. What happens when an ice cube gets angry?
29. What is the difference between an iceberg and a clothes brush?
Ice Breaker Questions for Virtual Meetings
Here are fun ice breaker questions for virtual meetings, which are sometimes called Zoom icebreaker questions. These questions are especially useful during work from home scenario.
1. What was your first online screen name?
2. Do you follow any interesting blogs?
3. What is the last YouTube video you watched?
4. Which song could you listen to over and over again?
5. When was the last time you used a paper dictionary?
6. What is a great example of “teamwork” in a movie?
7. Would you rather work from the desert or with dessert?
8. What was your favorite piece of clothing as a child?
9. What is your go-to work drink?
10. What was your dream job growing up?
11. Would you rather have a flexible location or schedule?
12. What is something you made from scratch?
13. Do you have any productivity hacks?
14. What is something that surprised you about remote work?
15. What is a jingle you remember from your childhood?
16. If you could choose another first name, what would it be?
17. What did you eat for breakfast?
18. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
19. How long have you worked from home?
20. Which web browser do you use most?
21. What is your favorite “work from home” exercise?
22. Would you rather work from the beach or a mountain cabin?
23. Where is your dream location to work from?
24. What do you like most about remote work?
25. Would you rather start early or work late?
26. What is the most unique thing you have within reach of your desk?
27. What is the last book your read?
28. What is your typing speed?
29. Do you remember your ICQ number?
30. Where would you choose to haunt for all of eternity?
31. What is the best thing about the internet?
32. Did you brush your teeth today?
33. What is your favorite website?
34. What was your first online search?
35. What is the story behind the background on your phone?
36. Have you ever left a 1 star review online?
5 Tips for Choosing Ice Breaker Questions
Here are some tips for choosing ice breaker questions.
1. Keep Things Short
Your team is likely already feeling a little burnt out by now. Working from home during a pandemic is tough and you don’t want to overwhelm your team with activities, even if they are meant to be fun.
We recommend planning a virtual ice breaker activity at the beginning of a Zoom meeting or 15-minutes before the end of a day. Make sure the virtual team building activity doesn’t stretch into “of the clock” time, though!
2. Keep Things Simple
You want your team building exercise to be easy to explain and understand. That way, you aren’t taking up too much of your team’s time by explaining and clarifying the instructions.
Quick icebreaker questions are a great remote team building activity because there’s really not much to them – just some questions that needs answers!
3. Use the Technology that’s Available to You
You can do so many exhilarating things with technology and Zoom team building exercises! If you use the right features, you can create the best possible environment for your virtual ice breaker questions.
For example, if you have a large group, you can break everyone up into smaller group and utilize the Zoom breakout session rooms.
This can really add to the intimacy factor you’re your large team might be missing when working from home. Don’t be afraid to include some entertaining aspects like music, or creative ways to display the questions to break the ice at hand.
4. Don’t Limit Your Team to Ice Breaker Activities over Zoom
Your team might be feeling the Zoom fatigue at this point. You can help mitigate the effects by utilizing playing this game face to face with them on your next meeting. It is not restricted to virtual meetings only.
5. Keep an Eye Out for Opportunities to Use Your Ice Breaker Questions
It’s always great to plan a team building exercise so your team knows what to expect and when to expect it. But you may find there are times when you can use ice breaker questions as a way to kill some time or relax.
You can use ice breaker questions if: you’re waiting for others to join a meeting; a meeting ends early, there’s a meeting that isn’t capturing the attention of your team and you want to get everyone to reconnect during a break, a meeting gets cancelled and you want to fill the time with a fun – yet productive – activity, etc.
Final Thoughts on Ice Breaker Questions
Ice breaker questions may help you engage your team and get everyone in the mood for your meeting. That is why we have hoarded a list of hundreds of inclusive ice breaker questions.
These prompts foster friendship while inviting diverse and startling perspectives. It’s time to make your meetings more enjoyable and welcoming.
Teamwork is crucial in modern corporate life, regardless of culture. However, we frequently overlook the incorporation of methods for breaking down boundaries, becoming acquainted, and building trust.
However, uncomfortable silences and unpleasant greetings do not vanish on their own. This is when you need a lengthy list of short and easy ice breaker questions to start the ball rolling and your team feeling at ease with one another.
Ice breaker questions are a terrific way to have your remote teams tingling with excitement. They are designed to be entertaining, intriguing, and have been shown to accelerate team growth.