We have put together 200+ funny questions to ask kids since kids often say the funniest things.
It’s entertaining to quiz kids to elicit their thoughts and discover how they view the world.
We hope your kids will enjoy and laugh at these funny questions!
Use these amusing kid-friendly questions to add a special touch to a present or card. They are entertaining for use in baby books, memory books, quizzes for kids, or posting on social media.
They can be used as icebreaker questions or as discussion starters, depending on your preference. It might also be entertaining to record your kid answering a funny question!
‘All about You’ Funny Questions to Ask Kids
These funny questions are a humorous approach to spending some time with your kid and asking about their personality. You can get to know them better this way!
1. What are you really good at?
2. What was the worst thing that has ever happened in your life?
3. What are you bad at?
4. If you could be someone else, who would you want to be?
5. What makes someone smart?
6. Do you have a favorite smell?
7. What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
8. If you worked really hard and won an award, what do you think it would be for?
9. What is a secret you haven’t told anyone?
10. What are you most scared of?
11. What do you worry about?
12. Describe the perfect day.
13. What is something you wish you were really good at?
14. What talent do you wish you had?
15. If you could change your name, what would you want people to call you?
16. Would you rather give a speech in front of people or write a book?
17. If you could dye your hair, what color would you choose?
Funny Questions to Ask Kids about Growing Up
Growing up is a fascinating process for kids and sometimes they just cannot wait to grow up! This list of funny questions to ask kids will get them talking about their perceptions!
1. What do you want to be when you grow up?
2. What do you want to do at your wedding?
3. Where would you go if you could drive?
4. Who are you going to marry?
5. What will you name your first kid?
6. If you could be any age, what age would you choose?
7. Are you going to get married?
8. How many years do you think you’ll live?
9. How many kids are you going to have when you grow up?
10. How tall will you be when you grow up?
11. When do you stop being a kid?
12. When you grow up, what kind of vehicle would you like to drive?
13. What color of car do you want for your first car?
14. What is the best thing about being a grown up?
15. What should Daddy be when he grows up?
16. What is something grown-ups always say?
17. What is weirdest thing grown-ups do?
18. Are grown-ups allowed to wear anything they want?
19. If you were a grown-up what would you do first?
20. Which is better being a grown-up or being a kid?
Funny Questions to Ask Kids about Family
Kids are the closest to their families! They adore their family with all their hearts and can get excited talking about them. So you can use this funny questions to ask kids list to spark a fun conversation.
1. What does Mommy’s Laugh sound like?
2. Who is older? Mommy or Daddy?
3. What is the first thing you would do if you were mommy/daddy?
4. What is the best thing about Mommy?
5. What is the funniest thing about Daddy?
6. Is Mommy afraid of anything?
7. What is Dad’s job?
8. What is Mommy’s job?
9. If you could spend a whole day with one person, who would you spend it with?
10. How did Daddy get so tall?
11. What does Daddy like to do for fun?
12. What is Daddy afraid of?
13. How old is Mommy?
14. Do you know what Mom’s favorite food is?
15. What is Mommy the best at doing?
16. How old is grandma/grandpa?
17. If you wanted to make mommy/daddy happy, what would you do?
18. What makes mommy happy?
19. What does grandma/grandpa do for fun?
20. What is grandma/grandpa the best at?
21. Would you rather have to share a room with your brother or a room with Daddy? Why?
22. If everyone in your family was a different food, what kind of foods would they be?
23. Why did mommy and daddy get married?
24. What is the best thing about our family?
25. Who is a better driver, mommy or daddy?
26. What’s the grossest thing Daddy does?
27. What is the most annoying thing your brother/sister does?
28. Who is the better cook, mommy or daddy?
29. Who makes you laugh more, mommy or daddy?
30. If everyone in your family was a different wild animal, what kind of animals would they be?
Funny Questions to Ask Kids about Animals and Pets
Kids are cute and so animals! So there’s one thing that’s common between them and that’s probably why they like discussing animals and pets. You can ask funny questions about animals and see how they respond!
1. What sound does a giraffe make?
2. What animal do you want to see that you’ve never seen?
3. If you woke up as a monkey, what would you do first?
4. What is the weirdest animal you know about?
5. Would you rather see a whale or an elephant in the wild?
6. Are you more scared of sharks or crocodiles?
7. Would you rather ride on a dolphin or a buffalo?
8. Would you rather go scuba-diving or on a Safari?
9. What would you bark at, if you were a dog?
10. If you could turn into an animal, what animal would you be?
11. What animal do you want to pet?
12. How many fish are in the ocean?
13. What animal do you wish you could ride?
14. What animal would you like to ride on?
15. What animal are you most scared of?
16. Which animal would you like to feed?
17. If you were a cat, would you eat mice?
18. What animal would scare you the most if you saw it in the wild?
19. What would you do if you found yourself in a pit surrounded by snakes?
20. If you could combine 2 animals to make a new one, what would you combine? And what would you call it?
21. Which zoo animal would you like for a pet?
22. If you could have a characteristic of an animal like a giraffe’s long neck or a lion’s roar, what would you want?
23. If you could create a new animal, what would it be like?
24. If you had a parrot, what would you teach him to say?
25. If you could speak to a certain type of animal, what kind of animal would you like to speak to?
26. Would you be more afraid of coming face to face with a shark or a bear?
27. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would you pick?
Funny Questions to Ask Kids about School
When it comes to school, children have a love-and-hate relationship with it. But it is one place where they spend a lot of time besides their home. So you can ask funny questions related to school and see them get all excited!
1. What is your favorite thing to do at school?
2. If you could change your bus ride, what would you change?
3. How high can you count?
4. If you were to get sent to the principal’s office, what would it be for?
5. Do you like math or reading better?
6. If you could get to school using any mode of transportation, how would you get there?
7. What is the most boring part about school?
8. If you could create a new subject to study at school, what would it be?
9. If you learn anything you wanted in school, what would you learn?
10. What would you do different if you were the teacher?
11. If you were to get in trouble at school, who would you get in trouble with?
12. What is your favorite subject at school?
13. What grade would you skip, if you could skip any grade in school?
14. How many days do you have left before you graduate?
15. If you could draw any picture on the whiteboard at school, what would you draw?
Funny Questions to Ask Kids about Food
Yum, yum! A very delicious category! Who doesn’t love food? Whether its chocolates or candies kids will surely enjoy food-related funny questions that you ask them!
1. What is your favorite thing to put ketchup on?
2. What is the worst thing you have put in your mouth?
3. If you could be a food, what kind of food would you be?
4. Would you rather have ice cream or chicken strips?
5. What is the best thing you have ever eaten?
6. How do you know it is lunch time?
7. Tell me about your perfect pizza.
8. Where does food come from?
9. What is the grossest food you’ve ever tasted?
10. If you were opening a restaurant, what kind of restaurant would it be?
11. Tell me how to make a delicious soup – what do I need?
12. If you could make a new food, what would be and how would you make it?
13. Describe your perfect ice cream sundae.
14. What kind of food would you like to take a bath in?
15. If you could choose any restaurant to go to, where would you go?
16. If a friend was going to throw food at you, what would you choose?
17. If you had a magical tree that grew any food you wanted, what would you grow?
18. If you had to pick one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
19. What is the best kind of food for a food fight?
20. Would you rather have a Popsicle or a pickle?
21. If you could create magical cupcakes, what power would they give you?
22. If an onion was a drink, would you drink it?
Funny Questions to Ask Kids about Favorites
Children adore any kind of attention they can get! Additionally, they are people-pleasers. Asking them amusing questions about favorites to get them talking is a great method to engage with them.
1. Who is your favorite character from a book?
2. What is your favorite thing to wear?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. What is your favorite game to play?
5. What is your favorite restaurant?
6. Do you have a favorite animal?
7. Which song is your favorite?
8. Who was your favorite teacher?
9. What is your favorite dessert?
10. What is your favorite toy?
11. What is your favorite season?
12. What is your favorite vegetable?
13. Do you have a favorite outfit to wear?
14. What is your favorite day of the week?
15. Tell me about your favorite dinner.
16. What is your favorite drink?
Funny Questions to Ask Kids about Holidays
The excitement! The wait! The decorations! The gifts! Kids love holidays with all their hearts. I mean it’s no secret! So what could be better than asking them some holiday-related funny questions?
1. What is your favorite holiday?
2. If you could create a new holiday, what would it be and what would it celebrate?
3. What is the best gift a kid could get on their birthday?
4. How does Santa’s sleigh fly?
5. How many elves does Santa have?
6. If you could do anything for your birthday, what would you do?
7. Would you rather it be Christmas or your birthday?
8. If we only had one holiday each year, what would it be?
9. If you could have any kind of birthday party you wanted, what kind would you have?
10. What is a New Year’s resolution that you should make?
11. What holiday has the best traditions in our family?
12. Where should we go on vacation?
13. How far away is the North Pole?
14. What does the tooth fairy do with all the teeth?
15. If you had an airplane, where would you go?
16. What holiday do you like the food best at?
17. Where does Santa go on vacation?
18. If you could go anywhere in the world today, where would you like to go?
19. Where do you think mommy/daddy would like to go today, if they could go anywhere in the world?
20. Would you rather go to the beach or the mountains?
21. Where does the Easter Bunny live?
22. What is the best April Fool’s prank you’ve seen?
23. What is your favorite food at Thanksgiving?
24. Would you rather go in cave or climb a mountain?
25. Describe your perfect vacation.
26. Would you rather go camping or go to the beach?
27. Would you rather go on a boat ride or a train ride?
28. If you could take a road trip with a good friend, where would you go?
Silly and Funny Questions to Ask Kids
Being silly around kids is almost therapeutic! You can fool around and feel like a child with them. How refreshing! Well, these questions are silly funny and playful and you should definitely try them!
1. What would you do if you had four arms?
2. If you had to rename the color blue, what would you call it?
3. If you had a time machine that could go into the future, what would you bring back?
4. If you had a store, what would you sell in it?
5. What person from history would you like to talk to?
6. Can you show me the craziest face you can make?
7. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
8. What is worst thing you could wear to school?
9. Can you tell me the funniest joke ever?
10. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
11. If you grew to be 40 feet tall, what would you do?
12. If you found a genie in a bottle, what would your three questions be?
13. Who makes you laugh the most?
14. If you got to meet the president, what would you ask him?
15. What is the funniest thing you have ever seen?
16. What is the craziest thing you could take a shower in?
17. If you woke up and you were green what would you do?
18. If you could make up a word what would it be and what would it mean?
19. Which character from a video game would you be?
20. If you had to change your name to what you had for supper last night, what would your new name be?
21. If you were in the circus, what would your act be?
Imaginative and Funny Questions to Ask Kids
Children are imaginative beings! You cannot blame them because at their age you don’t have any limits to your imagination and everything seems possible! These Sci-Fi questions to ask kids will definitely be funny and interesting for them.
1. What would do if you could fly?
2. Would you rather be invisible or super strong?
3. Do you think there are aliens?
4. What would you do first if there was no gravity?
5. Would you rather be able to fly or swim underwater?
6. What would your super power be?
7. If you turned in a stretchy human, what would do?
8. Do you believe in Bigfoot?
9. Do you think there are real unicorns?
10. If one of your toys could come to life, which one would you choose?
11. Do you think there are mermaids?
12. What would your superhero name be?
13. If you were a pirate, what would you do?
14. What would you create if you were an inventor?
15. If you could draw something in the sky, what would you draw?
16. What would you take pictures of if you had a camera?
17. What would you do if you were shrunk down to the size of an ant?
18. If you could invent a new toy, what would it be?
19. What is the best picture you’ve ever drawn?
20. If you could carve a block of ice, what you make?
21. If you could grow any plant you wanted, what would you grow?
22. If you built something, what would you build?
23. If you were going to design an amusement park ride, what would it be?
24. If you wrote a book about a worm, what would he do?
25. What would you like to make a movie about?
26. Invent a new cartoon character. What would it look like?
These humorous questions to ask kids are a fantastic way to pass the time and start an interesting conversation.
They are ideal for long rides, class icebreakers, or just something to have fun with your kids.
Each of these would be ideal topics for a lively conversation. Did you get 5 additional minutes in class? Try one of them out!
Even better, utilize these 200+ discussion starters to inspire kids’ creativity and inspire them to come up with their own clever questions!
So do you have any better funny kid questions? Kindly let us know in the comment section. Thank you.