When you’re interviewing for a new job, the pressure is on. And while you want to appear professional at all times, you also don’t want to take yourself too seriously.
That’s why interviewers sometimes throw in a few light-hearted questions to see how well you can roll with the punches.
In this article, we’ll give you tips on how to answer the most common funny interview questions, including tough ones.
We’ll also teach you how to prepare for funniest situation in an interview.
So, you can feel more confident and ready to tackle any question that comes your way.
So, relax and have some fun with us as we explore some of the funniest interview questions out there.
Top 10 Funny Interview Questions and Sample Answers
We’ve put together a list of the funny interview questions with answers to help you out. So, let’s begin the game!
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
Sample answer: I would choose to be Iron Man because who wouldn’t want to fly around in a high-tech suit and save the world?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in life so far?
Sample answer: I once ate a whole pizza by myself in one sitting. That was an incredible occasion for me to be proud of.
- If you were a vegetable, what would you be and why?
Sample answer: I would be a sweet potato because they’re versatile, comforting, and a little bit sweet – just like me.
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Sample answer: I tried crickets once on a dare. They tasted like…well, like crickets.
- What’s the worst pickup line someone has used on you?
Sample answer: Are you a magician? Whenever I look at you, everyone and everything else fades away.
- If you were able to have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be and why?
Sample answer: I would have dinner with Abraham Lincoln because he was a wise and witty leader, and I bet he had some great stories to tell.
- What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever done for love?
Sample answer: I once serenaded my crush with a karaoke performance of ‘I Will Always Love You’ in front of an entire restaurant. It was embarrassing, but worth it for love.
- What’s your favorite silly song to sing in the shower?
Sample answer: Definitely ‘Baby Shark.’ I can’t help but dance and sing along, no matter how silly I look.
- If you were able to change lives with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
Sample answer: I would switch lives with Beyoncé because she’s a queen and I would love to see what it’s like to rule the world for a day.
- What’s the funniest joke you know?
Sample answer: Why did the scarecrow win an award? Because he was extraordinary in his field.
Funny Interview Questions List
Think you’re immune to interview questions that make you laugh? You can start by checking out our list of funny questions to ask in an interview.
1. If you had a chance to pick a superpower, which one would you want?
2. Any advice for your previous boss?
3. If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
4. What do you think of garden gnomes?
5. You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
6. What songs best describes your work ethic?
7. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday?
8. Describe this job as if you were speaking to a five-year-old child.
9. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
10. Pepsi or Coke?
11. If you got to choose a song that would play every time you entered a room, what song would you pick, and why?
12. What do you think about when you’re alone in your car?
13. A penguin walks through the door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
14. Teach me something I don’t know in the next five minutes.
15. What color is money?
16. Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck, or 100 duck-sized horses?
17. If you don’t get this job, what’s your backup plan?
18. If you had to choose today, what would be the title of your autobiography?
19. If you were stranded on an island alone and all of your food, water, and shelter needs were met, how would you pass this time?
20. What would you do if you found a penguin in the freezer?
21. Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?
22. If you could get rid of any one state, which would it be and why?
23. How many traffic lights are there in Dallas?
24. Sing a song that best describes you.
25. Are you exhaling warm air?
26. Between your desk, room, and car, which would you clean first, and why?
27. Sell me this glass of water.
28. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
29. If you could be Batman or Robin, which one would you be?
30. What would you do if you just inherit a pizzeria from your uncle?
31. Why on earth are you here today?
32. How many soccer balls would it take to fill this room?
33. When you go on holiday, when do you pack your case?
34. On a scale of one to ten, how weird do you think you are, and why?
35. Describe the color pink to someone who is blind.
36. What’s the most interesting holiday you’ve ever had?
37. If you were a brand, what would your slogan be?
38. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
39. Tell me about a time you feel you gave someone the perfect gift.
40. If you were a salad, what kind of dressing would you have?
41. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
42. If you needed a ride, and using a limousine or a taxi would cost you the same amount, which vehicle type would you choose, and why?
43. Why are manhole covers round?
44. If you had the chance to write your own eulogy, what would it say?
45. What would you choose as your last meal?
46. If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why?
47. Using a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on how weird you are.
48. What fictional character do you identify with the most? Why?
49. How lucky are you and why?
50. If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out?
51. If you could only eat one kind of cuisine for the rest of your life, what type would you choose, and why?
52. How would you describe opera to someone who is deaf?
53. If you had to pick three songs that describe your work ethic, what would they be?
54. How would you sell ice cream in Antarctica?
55. How would you design a spice rack for a blind person?
56. How would you sell hot chocolate during the summer in Florida?
57. How do I rate as an interviewer?
58. Why is a tennis ball fuzzy?
59. If you could be any superhero, which one would you be?
60. Imagine you’re the CEO of this company. When you wake up, what’s the first thing you’d do?
61. If you ran away and joined the circus, what would your performance be?
62. How do you weigh an elephant without using a scale?
63. If you had to grade your life as if it was a college class, what grade would you give yourself?
64. What is the temperature when it’s twice as cold as zero degrees?
65. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
66. If you could rob a bank without anyone knowing, would you do it?
67. If you could be your team’s top performer but everyone would dislike you, or an average performer but everyone liked you, which would you prefer?
68. How would you test an elevator?
69. What would you do if you were the one survivor in a plane crash?
70. What did you want to be when you were 10 years old?
71. If you were a pizza deliveryman how would you benefit from scissors?
72. What was the last thing you googled?
73. If you could have a machine that produced $100 dollars for life, how much would you be willing to pay for it?
74. When a hot dog expands, in which direction does it split and why?
75. On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you?
76. If you could throw a parade of any caliber through your office, what type of parade would it be?
77. If you had a choice between two superpowers, being invisible or flying, which would you choose?
78. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
79. If you woke up and had 2,000 unread emails and could only answer 300 of them how would you choose which ones to answer?
80. If you were a t-shirt, what colour would you be and why?
81. Do you like Jerry or Tom?
82. If you were a brand, what would your motto be?
83. If you were a bicycle, what part would you be?
84. Can you tell a joke?
85. What video games do you play?
86. How would you react if you are transformed into a fish?
87. Tell me about the worst boss you ever had.
88. Tell me about your most unusual talent or party trick.
89. Who do you like the best, your mum or your dad?
90. What would your first steps be in a zombie apocalypse?
91. If you are a god what would you do to the world?
92. What are five uncommon uses of a brick, not including building, layering, or a paperweight?
93. What would you do when you have learnt that your boat is out of oil?
94. How would you use a time machine?
95. What will you do if you have a time machine?
96. What kid’s movie is scary to you?
97. Why do you think Charles Chaplin is famous?
98. Who would win a battle between a ninja and a pirate?
99. What would you like to ask from the God?
100. If I put you in a sealed room with a phone that had no dial tone, how would you fix it?
101. Is a Jaffa cake a biscuit or cake?
102. How would you communicate with me if you were from Mars?
103. How would you measure 9 minutes using only a 4 minute and 7 minute hourglass?
104. If you could perform with any musician, who would you pick and why?
Tips on How to Answer Funny Interview Questions
When interviewers ask off-the-wall questions, they’re often looking to see how you’ll react.
Will you laugh it off, or will you take the question seriously? Can you keep a straight face, or will you crack under pressure?
There’s no one right answer to hilarious interview questions, it all depends on your personality and the company culture.
But here are a few tips on how to handle these questions:
Stay calm and collected. It can be tempting to laugh or make a joke, but try to stay cool and professional. Remember, you want to show the interviewer that you’re capable of handling any situation.
Take the question seriously. Even if it’s a silly question, there’s usually a kernel of truth hidden in there. So, take the time to think about your answer and what the interviewer is trying to learn from you.
Be yourself. The best way to answer funny interview questions is to be yourself, wacky sense of humor and all! If you try too hard to be someone you’re not, it’ll probably show in your answer.
We hope you’ve found these funny job interview questions and answers enjoyable and, more importantly, helpful.
Whether you’re an interviewee or interviewer, understanding the power of humor in interviews can be a huge boost to landing a job.
At the same time, remember to read the room before you fire off funny quips. Being too informal can be off-putting for some companies.
Good luck in your next interview! Don’t forget to comment down your favorite funny interview question. We would love to hear from you.