Easter is a time when Christians commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
It is also a time for families and friends get together to celebrate.
We know you’re looking for some fun ways to celebrate. And we’ve got you covered with this list of Easter trivia questions and answers!
You’re sure to have lots of laughs as you discover something new about Easter.
So, let’s begin this funniest challenge and have some good time with friends and family.
So, whether you’re gearing up for an Easter egg hunt or just want to show off your Easter smarts, read on for an Easter quiz question. This is sure to challenge even the most seasoned egg-hunters.
1. Where is the most popular Easter parade held each year?
Answer: New York.
2. The first Easter eggs were dyed what color?
3. Easter always falls between which two dates?
Answer: March 22 and April 25.
4. In Switzerland, what animal delivers Easter eggs to kids?
Answer: The cuckoo.
5. Buying what for Easter is said to bring good luck for the rest of the year?
Answer: New clothes.
6. The world record largest chocolate Easter egg was made in what city?
Answer: Tosca, Italy.
7. In what country did the tradition of the Easter bunny originate?
8. What’s the most popular Easter candy in America?
Answer: Marshmallow peeps.
9. Easter’s date is determined by what?
Answer: The moon.
10. How much did the world’s largest chocolate Easter egg weigh?
Answer: 15,873 pounds, 4.48 ounces.
11. How many eggs are in the Easter Egg Museum?
Answer: More than 1,500.
12. The Sunday before Easter is called what?
Answer: Palm Sunday.
13. Who wrote “Easter Parade?”
Answer: Irving Berlin.
14. How many jellybeans do Americans consume each Easter?
Answer: 16 million. In Switzerland, what animal delivers Easter eggs to kids?
15. Each year, Easter is recognized on the first Sunday after what?
Answer: The first full moon on or after the spring equinox.
16. Dyeing Easter eggs is a tradition that began in which country?
17. What is the traditional Easter mascot in Australia?
18. What bread-based snack is associated with Easter?
19. Children in Finland dress as what on Easter?
20. When was the first White House Easter Egg Roll?
21. What pagan goddess is associated with Easter?
22. Most Americans bite off what part of a chocolate bunny first?
Answer: The ears.
23. What’s the name of the Peanuts Easter special?
Answer: It’s the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown.
24. What flower is considered an Easter symbol?
25. What two games are traditionally played with Easter eggs?
Answer: Easter egg hunts and Easter egg rolls.
26. Easter Sunday is also called what?
Answer: Resurrection Day.
27. The traditional Ukrainian way of painting Easter eggs is called what?
28. Besides chocolate, what is the main ingredient of Reese’s?
Answer: Peanut Butter.
29. In France, what brings the Easter Eggs?
30. What is the traditional flower of Easter?
Answer: Easter Lilly.
31. Which flavour of McFlurry does McDonald’s bring for Easter in the UK?
Answer: Creme Egg.
32. Which jewellery house is famous for its jewelled egg?
Easter Trivia Questions | True or False
Are you an Easter egg fanatic? Do you know every detail about the holiday’s history and traditions? Test yourself with these true of false Easter trivia questions!
1. On Palm Sunday Jesus Christ came to Jerusalem.
2. The name Easter comes from a Greek god.
3. Lent is the time of fasting after Easter.
4. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is celebrated on Easter Sunday.
5. Jesus had his last meal on Good Friday.
6. About 90 million chocolate bunnies are produced each year.
7. Creme Eggs are available all year round.
8. At three o’clock on Good Friday bells ring all over the world.
9. Jesus was killed by the Romans.
10. Judas betrayed Jesus for thirty gold coins.
11. New Orleans is the most popular Easter parade held each year.
12. Easter is always on the first Sunday in April.
13. Hot cross bun is a baked good that is a Good Friday tradition in England.
14. Poland is the largest Easter egg museum in the world.
15. Good Friday is not a bank holiday in the UK.
16. Egg rolling is a traditional event in Great Britain.
17. A fox delivers the goods in Westphalia, Germany, which is similar to the Easter Bunny bringing children eggs in the U.S.
18. Easter’s date is determined by the moon.
19. Cadbury Creme Eggs was introduced in 1968
20. Roald Dahl wrote The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
21. 11 marzipan balls are traditionally on a simnel cake
22. Daisy is considered an Easter flower symbol.
23. Holy Friday is to honor the Last Supper in Holy Week.
24. In addition to bunnies, lamb is also considered an Easter symbol.
25. 10 States consider Good Friday a holiday.
Easter Trivia Questions Multiple Choice
Are you ready to take a multiple-choice Easter trivia quiz? Here are a few questions to get your brain thinking:
1. Which bread-based snack is associated with Easter?
B. Cheese garlic
C. Veg mayo sandwich
2. Where is Easter Island situated?
A. Papua New Gile
3. In Eastern Christianity, the end of Lent is called what?
A. Lazarus Saturday
B. Palm Sunday
C. Holy Thursday
4. What is the name of the statues in Easter Island?
B. Rapa Nui
5. In the Bible, what did Jesus and his apostles eat at the Last Supper?
A. Bread and juice
B. Bread and wine
C. Cheesecake and water
6. In what season does the Easter Bunny appear?
7. What state held the largest Easter egg hunt ever in the United States?
A. New York
C. New Orleans
8. Which country did Leonardo da Vinci come from?
9. What does the Easter Bunny traditionally carry eggs in?
A. Wicker Basket
10. Who painted the Last Supper painting?
B. Leonardo da Vinci
11. In which state did the Easter Bunny first appear?
12. Which country uses the cuckoo to deliver eggs to children?
13. Where is the Faberge Museum?
C. St. Petersburg
14. Which country uses the bilby as the Easter Bunny?
15. Who made the most famous and precious Easter eggs?
A. Royal Doulton
B. Peter Carl Faberge
16. What color is the Teletubby Tinky Tinky?
17. What do people call the first day of the 40 days of Lent?
A. Ash Wednesday
B. Palm Sunday
C. Maundy Thursday
18. What color is the Scandinavian egg egg made by Michael Perchine under the supervision of Peter Carl Faberge
19. On what street in New York does the city’s traditional Easter parade take place?
A. Fifth Avenue
C. Washington Street
20. In which country celebrates Fasika, which is 55 days leading up to Easter?
A. New Zealand
Easter Bible Trivia Questions
Ready to test your knowledge with this Easter bible quiz? Here’s are some great questions. So, let’s begin.
1. What do we call the week leading up to Easter?
Answer: Holy week.
2. Which Roman governor of Judea ordered the death of Jesus?
Answer: Pontius Pilate.
3. When Easter eggs were first dyed, it was to represent what?
Answer: The blood of Jesus Christ.
4. What role did Simon of Cyrene play in the Easter story?
Answer: He was forced to carry Jesus’ cross.
5. What was written on Jesus’ cross?
Answer: King of the Jews.
6. What do we call the day that Jesus died?
Answer: Good Friday.
7. How much was Judas paid to betray Jesus?
Answer: 30 pieces of silver.
8. Who did Jesus first appear too when he was resurrected?
Answer: Mary Magdalene.
9. In the Bible, who was the first person to enter the tomb of Jesus?
10. Where was Jesus crucified? The name means ‘place of the skull’.
11. How many days after his death did Jesus rise again?
Answer: 3 days.
12. How did Jesus die?
Answer: He was crucified.
13. What did people wave as they welcomed Jesus into Jerusalem?
Answer: Palm leaves.
14. The bible states that Jesus was scourged. What does the word scourge mean?
15. In which garden at the foot of the Mount of Olives was Jesus arrested?
16. What is the name of the prisoner who was released instead of Jesus?
17. What kind of crown was placed upon Jesus’ head?
Answer: A crown of thorns.
18. How many gospels are in the bible?
19. After being resurrected, Jesus shows himself to the disciples beside which sea?
20. What color was the robe that the Romans placed upon Jesus?
21. The Bible states that Jesus’ betrayer committed suicide. How did he do this?
Answer: He hung himself.
22. What did the Romans do with the coat that Jesus had worn?
Answer: Cast lots.
23. Which disciple betrays Jesus to the chief priests?
24. “Take ye him, and crucify him, for I find no fault in him.” Who made this statement?
25. What kind of cloth was used to wrap the body of Jesus?
As Easter approaches, you can use these Easter trivia questions and answers to help celebrate the holiday.
Whether you’re hosting a virtual gathering, having a small gathering with friends or family, or just want to learn something new about Easter, these trivia questions will get your conversation started.
And if you’ve made it through this entire article without using the answers, great job!
You now know more than enough interesting Easter trivia facts to impress your guests and ace any Easter Trivia game.
We would love to hear how you plan on using this information for your next Easter celebration in the comments below!