156 Funny Get to Know You Questions That’ll Spark a Connection
If you’re looking for some funny get to know you questions, you’ve come to the right spot.
Whatever length of time you’ve been putting yourself out there and meeting new people — maybe in the hopes of finding the love of your life — having some ice-breakers on hand will assist.
If you’re searching for a good chuckle and perhaps a new buddy, these questions are hard to pass up since they’re entertaining to answer.
So let’s dig in!
Funny Get to Know You Questions for Work
The next lunch break with colleagues is approaching. But what could you possibly speak about? I’ve compiled a list of funny get to know you questions for the office for you.
1. What’s the biggest misconception people have about your position?
2. If you could add one thing to [Company’s] office, what would it be?
3. If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be?
4. If salary weren’t a factor, what job would you want to have?
5. What one story about your childhood best explains the person you are today?
6. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled on someone?
7. If you had to work at an amusement park or a famous landmark for the rest of your life, which place would you choose?
8. What is one weird fact or tidbit that you still remember from school?
9. What’s the most awkward date you’ve ever been on?
10. What do you do at [Company] and in what circumstances would I come to you for something?
11. What’s one thing you wish you’d known when you started working at [Company] or what advice would you give to a newbie?
12. What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
13. What’s your go-to productivity trick?
14. What behavior or personality trait do you most attribute your success to, and why?
15. What’s one thing that surprised you about working at [Company]?
16. What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of?
17. What’s one of your biggest work pet peeves?
18. What was your first job?
19. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had, and what did you learn from it?
20. What was your favorite job you’ve ever had and why?
21. What’s a mistake you made early on in your career, and what did you learn from it?
22. What led you to this career?
23. What energizes you at work?
24. What are you currently excited about in your job?
25. What drains you at work?
26. If you could create a new invention, what would you create?
Funny Get to Know You Questions for Adults
Do you find it problematic to maintain a conversation while meeting adults? Here is a list of funny get to know you questions that will generate a lot of new and intriguing conversation topics.
1. Do you have any weird superstitions?
2. What’s something most people like but you don’t understand?
3. What will people say at your funeral?
4. If you could steal any one thing, what would it be?
5. If you could talk to one species of animal, which would you choose?
6. If you had a time machine, what time period would you travel to?
7. Would you rather move to a new country where you don’t know anyone or run away with a circus?
8. What’s the most ridiculous invention that exists?
9. Would you rather have a pet dinosaur or dragon?
10. What makes you feel old?
11. What’s your favorite time of day?
12. What’s something you think everyone should try at least once?
13. What’s your weirdest roommate or house guest story?
14. What’s the weirdest text you’ve ever received?
15. What’s something you’ve never been able to do well?
16. Does your family have any weird traditions?
17. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
18. What is the worst fashion decision you ever made?
19. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
20. If you could change gender for a day what’s the first thing you would do?
21. What’s your biggest irrational phobia and why?
22. If you became president today, what’s the first bill you would pass?
23. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
24. Who was your first celebrity crush?
25. If you could be somebody else for a day who would you be?
Funny Get to Know You Questions for Kids
Conversations with kids may occasionally be challenging to plan. Do you wish to get to know your kids better? Then, you can use the following questions with them.
1. If you could change your whole name, what would you change it to?
2. If the sky could rain food, what food would you like for it to rain down?
3. What is something that makes our family special?
4. If our whole family lived in a zoo, what kind of animals would each person be?
5. What makes you feel happy?
6. When you are angry, how do you deal with those feelings?
7. If you had to pick a theme song to describe you, what would it be?
8. What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
9. If you found a genie in a bottle, what would be your three wishes?
10. What has been the best dream you ever had?
11. If you wanted to make everyone on the planet smile, how would you do it?
12. If you had a time machine where would you go? Why?
13. What is one thing you would change about the world?
14. Imagine you just won a million dollars, what would you buy first?
15. What is something that helps you fall asleep at night?
16. When was the last time you felt lonely and what made you feel better?
17. If you could meet a famous person, who would it be?
18. If you could meet someone from the past, who would it be?
19. Has there ever been a question you wanted to ask but didn’t?
20. What has been your worst nightmare?
21. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
22. What do you think is the meaning of life?
23. What do you think is the most difficult job in the world? Why?
24. What do you think is the best job in the world? Why?
25. If you could be invisible for one day only, what would you do?
Funny Get to Know You Questions for Students
Laughter is the most empathetic and uniting emotion with your students. By asking the right questions, you can elicit a humorous tale or two from them as well. To get you started, consider the following questions.
1. What’s the weirdest thing in your backpack/purse right now?
2. How old is the oldest person you’ve ever met?
3. If the space program was looking for volunteers to explore an alien planet, would you sign up?
4. What is the perfect job for you?
5. What hobby would you like to do for the rest of your life?
6. If your life was a video game, what character would you be?
7. What talent would you like to learn someday?
8. If you could choose an instrument to play, which one would you choose?
9. If you could play any sport professionally, which would it be?
10. Do you like tent camping or do you prefer hotel vacations?
11. In your perfect schedule, what would you spend your time doing?
12. Would you prefer a night of all math homework or all English homework?
13. What is your favorite kind of character to read about?
14. If you had to choose between a science class and an art class, which would choose?
15. What time period would you definitely not want to live in?
16. If you could have a magic homework machine that you could only program for one subject, which subject would you choose?
17. What weird topic would you most like to research?
18. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever gotten?
19. What is your favorite family holiday?
20. How many languages does your family speak?
21. What’s your favorite family dish or recipe?
22. What’s your best family memory?
23. What commercial bugs you the most?
24. What’s your least favorite smell?
25. If you could be any bug, what would you be?
26. If you could spend all day with a family member, who would it be?
27. Who in your family drives you the craziest?
Funny Get to Know You Questions for Couples
You get to the point where you believe you know each other inside and out. However, you may also learn a lot about your partner. Simply ask the following questions to generate fresh discussion topics.
1. Would you rather be gifted a lifetime supply of tacos or seafood?
2. What was your most embarrassing moment as a kid?
3. What is the worst/cheesiest pick-up line you’ve ever used?
4. Would you ever eat a bug? What would it take?
5. How many books have you read this year?
6. What is the one thing that annoys you the most?
7. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
8. Morning bird or night owl?
9. What are your career aspirations?
10. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be and why?
11. Do you have any serious phobias?
12. What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend?
13. What type of music are you into?
14. What was the best vacation you ever took and why?
15. Where’s the next place on your travel bucket list and why?
16. What are your hobbies and how did you get into them?
17. What was your favorite age growing up?
18. Was the last thing you read digitally or in print?
19. Would you say you’re more of an extrovert or an introvert?
20. What’s your favorite ice cream topping?
21. What was the last show you binge-watched?
22. What is your biggest addiction?
23. Describe yourself in only 3 words.
24. What is your favorite movie?
25. Can you quote this movie?
26. What was your dream job as a kid?
27. If you were invisible, where is the first place you would go and what would you do?
Funny Get to Know You Questions for Dating
You may be on the cusp of a first date or a first casual encounter and are concerned about running out of ideas to discuss. Don’t be concerned. These funny get to know you questions for a girl/guy you like will ensure that the dialogue continues.
1. Do you feel like you could fall in love tonight?
2. If you had 48 hours to live, how would you spend it?
3. If you could drink one alcoholic beverage and never feel drunk, what would you choose?
4. Do you think I look the same as my social media profile picture?
5. Have you ever been in a food fight?
6. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done in the name of love?
7. Have you ever had somebody call you the wrong name and not had the heart to correct them? If so, what did they call you?
8. Why are you still single?
9. How many Cheetos do you think you could fit into your mouth?
10. What would be your chosen superpower?
11. What’s the longest lie-in you have ever had?
12. What’s your favorite hangover food?
13. Is there an alcoholic drink that reminds you of heavy nights on the town?
14. How far through the movie do you get before the popcorn is gone at the movie theatre?
15. Do your best impression of me based on what you know of me so far?
16. Have you ever been told you look like anyone famous?
17. How many selfies do you take in order to find the perfect selfie?
18. What Halloween costume suits your personality best?
19. Did you ever practice kissing with your friends?
20. What’s the weirdest thing you have ever done that makes you feel embarrassed to talk about?
21. Are you a hopeless romantic, or are you a tough nut to crack?
22. What’s the funniest injury you have ever been to the hospital with?
23. What would you call yourself if you were a DJ?
24. Do you think dogs or cats are more intelligent?
25. Do you know how incredible your eyes are?
26. Where could we go after this?
Think about it!
You may believe that the only way to genuinely get to know someone is to have a one-on-one conversation filled with highly personal inquiries.
However, the funny questions to get to know someone also help a lot.
These will be significant not just for establishing your connection, but also for your general enjoyment.
And if the chat goes well, even if it doesn’t result in anything long-term, you’ll both have met a fascinating new person.
Let us know if we have missed any important question. Please drop a comment in the box below. Thanks!