We all admit the importance of family time, and family quiz questions is one of the best ways to keep in touch with family. Nowadays, we are busier with corporate and virtual life; this quiz session will allow us to spend more time with family.
There is no age limit on the family quiz. From adults to kids, everybody can join in the family quiz questions. It is better to build your brain power and know many interesting facts. Any topic could be discussed in the family quiz questions like movies, animals, travel, history, and even science.
Kids are fond of asking questions, and by asking family trivia questions we can evaluate their intelligence and memory. Whether it is a tricky or easy question, a family quiz game unites all family and friends, making our time memorable.
Everyone wants to have a perfect time with kids, and the best family quiz questions will help you do this. Friends and family members can all engage and learn new things in the quiz game.
1. Which passenger liner sank in the North Atlantic Ocean on 15 April 1912?
2. Peter Parker is the everyday name of which superhero?
3. In which country did pizza originate?
4. In which continent is Vietnam?
5. In which country can you find the Eiffel Tower?
6. Which author wrote Harry Potter?
Answer: J.K. Rowling.
7. What is the name of the child left behind in Home Alone (1 point for the first name, 2 points for the full name)?
Answer: Kevin McCallister.
8. Which city was founded by Remus and Romulus?
9. What colour is Canary a shade of?
10. Istanbul is a large city in which country?
11. In “Finding Nemo”, in which city is the dentist’s office located?
12. Which band was Harry Styles part of?
Answer: One Direction.
13. What is the capital of Italy?
14. Which chocolate bar has the same name as the galaxy with the solar system?
Answer: Milky Way.
15. Which country is the car brand Volkswagen from?
16. In which Disney movie can you see a character named Miguel who dreams of becoming a musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz?
17. In which US state is Disney World?
18. What is the most popular drink in the world, after water?
19. Which actress / singer portrayed Hannah Montana?
Answer: Miley Cyrus.
20. Who is the duke of Cambridge?
Answer: Prince William.
21. Which author wrote “Charlie and the chocolate factory”?
Answer: Roald Dahl.
22. Which countries form the United-Kingdom?
Answer: England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
23. In which country can you find Easter Island?
24. Which fictional bear is adopted by the Brown family?
25. Monopoly boards are the same everywhere in the world. True or False?
26. One of the Olympic rings is red. True or False?
27. Baton Rouge is a city in France. True or False?
Answer: False, in the USA.
28. In which city is the Statue of Liberty located?
Answer: New York City.
29. Who is the chancellor of Germany?
Answer: Angela Merkel.
30. What type of animal is a toucan?
Answer: A bird.
31. William Shakespeare wrote “Romeo and Juliet”. True or False?
32. Big Ben is a famous landmark in Madrid. True or False?
33. In which year was 9/11?
34. Which currency is in use in the UK?
Answer: British Pound.
35. In the Lion King, what is the name of Simba’s dad?
36. In which movie is there a toy called Buzz Light-year?
Answer: Toy Story.
37. In Superman, which colour is Kryptonite?
Many people arrange various indoor games or cooking to entertain family and friends. But with fun family quiz questions we can keep in touch more with them. Check the following trivia question & answer and have fun together a lot.
1. Which ocean is off the California coast?
Answer: The Pacific.
2. What fruit do kids traditionally give to teachers?
Answer: An apple.
3. What’s the response to “see you later, alligator?”
Answer: “In a while, crocodile.”
4. Which Disney movie is Elsa in?
5. Who is Mickey Mouse’s girlfriend?
Answer: Minnie Mouse.
6. Where does Santa Claus live?
Answer: The North Pole.
7. According to the Dr. Seuss book, who stole Christmas?
Answer: The Grinch.
8. Which state is famous for Hollywood?
9. What type of fish is Nemo?
Answer: A clownfish.
10. How many planets are in our solar system?
11. What is the color of a school bus?
12. What do you use to write on a blackboard?
13. On which holiday do you go trick-or-treating?
14. How many pairs of wings do bees have?
15. How many legs does a spider have?
16. What is the name of the toy cowboy in Toy Story?
17. What is the color of an emerald?
18. What is something you hit with a hammer?
Answer: A nail.
19. What’s the name of a place you go to see lots of animals?
Answer: The zoo.
20. Whose nose grew longer every time he lied?
21. What is the name of the fairy in Peter Pan?
22. If you freeze water, what do you get?
23. What colors are the stars on the American flag?
24. In the nursery rhyme, Jack and Jill, what do Jack and Jill go up the hill to fetch?
Answer: A pail of water.
25. Where does the President of the United States live while in office?
Answer: The White House.
26. In the nursery rhyme, who sat on a wall before having a great fall?
Answer: Humpty Dumpty.
27. Who built the pyramids?
Answer: The Egyptians.
28. What do bees make?
29. When do leaves die?
Answer: In the fall.
30. What kind of cat is considered bad luck?
Answer: Black cats.
31. How many days are in a year?
32. What is the name of the pirate in Peter Pan?
Answer: Captain Hook.
33. What is a brontosaurus?
Answer: A dinosaur.
34. Who wrote Hamlet?
Answer: William Shakespeare.
35. Which is the fastest land animal?
Answer: The cheetah.
36. What kind of animal was Abu in Aladdin?
Answer: A monkey.
In the quiz competition, many questions were arranged where our family, friends, and kids were allowed to join. The main objective is to engage all in the quiz session; therefore, simple family quiz questions are prepared.
1. How many colors are there in the rainbow? (And a bonus for naming them)
Answer: Seven (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet).
2. What do caterpillars turn into?
3. In what country are the pyramids?
4. Name as many planets in our solar system as you can (a point for each)?
Answer: Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, Neptune, Mercury, Uranus, Venus.
5. What is the tallest animal in the world?
Answer: Giraffe (adult giraffes can grow up to nearly 6 meters in height – mainly thanks to its very long neck).
6. Paris is the capital city of which country?
7. What is the biggest ocean on Earth?
8. When Humpty Dumpty was sitting on a wall, what happened next?
Answer: He had a great fall (he fell off the wall).
9. In Peppa Pig, what is Peppa’s little brother called?
10. Which one of these is a fish: A shark, a whale or a dolphin?
Answer: Shark (dolphins and whales are both aquatic mammals).
11. What do we call someone who travels to space in a rocket?
Answer: An astronaut.
12. What is the little mermaid’s name in the Disney film?
13. How many zeros are there in the number one thousand?
Answer: Three (1,000).
14. Who is Anna’s sister in the Disney film Frozen?
15. What is a young sheep called?
Answer: A lamb.
16. How many weeks are in a year?
17. In what country is the Great Barrier Reef?
18. What is half of the number fifty?
If you want to answer any trivia question, you do not need any extra skill to answer. Many topics like History, Geography, and Science questions may be included in the quiz. You can limit the time to answer these hard trivia questions for family members and friends.
1. What is the largest mammal in the world?
Answer: A whale.
2. How many colors are in a rainbow?
3. Who is the patron saint of Ireland?
Answer: St. Patrick.
4. In which capital city of Europe would you find the Eiffel Tower?
5. What do you have to stick on an envelope?
Answer: A stamp.
6. In what movie will you find characters who are looking for a brain, a heart, and courage?
Answer: The Wizard of Oz.
7. What movie is Princess Fiona from?
8. Which place is called “the happiest place in the world?”
Answer: Disney World.
9. What day of the year is Independence Day?
Answer: July 4th.
10. How many continents are there in the world?
11. What is the largest state in America?
12. What is the smallest state in America?
Answer: Rhode Island.
13. Two of the planets in our solar system begin with the letter M, can you name them?
Answer: Mars and Mercury.
14. What kind of tree do acorns come from?
15. How many bones do sharks have?
16. What is the name of molten rock after a volcanic eruption?
17. What is the part of the human eye that controls the amount of light that passes through the pupil?
Answer: The iris.
18. Can you name the closest star to Earth?
Answer: The sun.
19. What was the last name of the flying pioneers Orville and Wilbur?
20. Who was the first American president?
Answer: George Washington.
21. Which country is home to the kangaroo?
22. What is the opposite of ‘cheap’?
23. Which singing voice is the highest pitch? Soprano, tenor or baritone?
24. A scientist who studies rocks is called a what?
Answer: A geologist.
25. Can you name the seven dwarves in Snow White?
Answer: Sleepy, Sneezy, Happy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc, and Bashful.
26. In what country were the Olympic Games invented?
27. Who was the 16th president of the United States?
Answer: Abraham Lincoln.
28. How many Great Lakes are there?
29. The Statue of Liberty came from which country to the United States?
30. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
Answer: Leonardo DaVinci.
31. What’s the name of the town where The Flintstones live?
32. Which famous ocean liner sank on her first voyage in 1912?
Answer: The Titanic.
33. Which movie is Prince Charming from?
34. Which country did Justin Bieber come from?
35. What is the nickname for the bell of the clock at the Palace of Westminster in London?
Answer: Big Ben.
36. What do you get when you boil water?
37. What is the name of Mickey Mouse’s pet dog?
This family quiz session is for all friends and family members can join. Good family quiz questions will be interesting and improve your knowledge skills. You can arrange this quiz even if you are on a travel or road trip.
1. On the farm, what is a kid?
Answer: A baby goat.
2. What is the name of Harry Potter’s pet owl?
3. What color are Smurfs?
4. Name Batman’s crime-fighting partner?
5. How many sides does a triangle have?
6. Which superhero can climb up walls and buildings?
7. “Stars and Stripes” is the nickname of the flag of which country?
Answer: United States of America.
8. Which planet in our Solar System is known for having a ring?
9. Why do things fall when you drop them?
Answer: Because of gravity.
10. What is the imaginary line called that connects the north and South Pole?
Answer: Prime Meridian.
11. What kind of tree do prunes come from?
Answer: A plum tree.
12. What gulf is located to the south of Florida?
Answer: The Gulf of Mexico.
13. What is the hardest natural substance?
Answer: A diamond.
14. Which state was the 50th state to join the union?
15. If you suffer from arachnophobia, which animal are you scared of?
16. What could make Harry Potter invisible?
Answer: The Invisibility Cloak.
17. In sports, what is an MVP?
Answer: Most Valuable Player.
In the quiz round, most of them are general knowledge questions with multiple choice answers. Sometimes unusual family quiz questions are listed for good learners. They can learn some different topics from these questions.
1. Title 35 of the United States Code is a title of the United States Code regarding what?
Answer: Patent law.
2. Where do you find the Mausoleum of Kara Koyunlu emirs?
3. What is BNS Abu Bakar?
Answer: Bangladesh Navy Ship.
4. Who was the greatest Arab Muslim commander who was in the service of the Islamic prophet Muhammad and the caliphs Abu Bakr (r. 632–634) and Umar (r. 634–644)?
Answer: Khalid ibn al-Walid.
5. In superstition if you marry on Saturday you will have what?
Answer: No luck at all.
6. Which country has its capital The Valley?
7. Who wrote the 1928 novel Point Counter Point?
Answer: Aldous Huxley.
8. What is Hindú Club?
Answer: Rugby union in Argentina.
9. Who was Lascelles Abercrombie?
Answer: 1881–1938, English poet and literary critic.
10. Ben Veeren played what character in Arthur Hailey’s roots?
Answer: Chicken George.
11. Helix Bridge crosses over which bay?
Answer: Marina Bay.
12. What is the capital of Manitoba, Canada?
13. What is the color of Okra flowers?
14. Where do you find a city named “Aarschot”?
15. The Egg and I was whose first film?
Answer: Marilyn Munroe.
16. What conquest was carried out by the Rashidun Caliphate from 633 to 654 AD?
Answer: The Muslim conquest of Persia, also known as the Arab conquest of Iran.
17. Which chemical has its atomic number 71?
18. What is the Alpha 2 code for Timor-Leste?
19. From 1836 to 2011, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has granted how many patents?
Answer: A total of 7,861,317 patents.
20. Who wrote the 1946 essay Why I Write?
Answer: George Orwell.
21. Who has written the book Of the Original Contract?
Answer: David Hume.
22. Who was Prime Minister of China from 1949 to 1976?
Answer: Chou En-Lai.
23. Where is the Headquarters of the Ladybird Books?
24. What is Wyndham Estate?
Answer: Vineyard in Australia.
25. What is Jardín Etnobotánico de Oaxaca?
Answer: Botanical garden in Oaxaca, Mexico.
26. What links Al-Zahrawi, Abbas ibn Firnas, Al-Biruni, and Avicenna?
Answer: Scholars during the medieval Islamic world.
27. What is Santiago Matatlan?
Answer: Town in Mexico.
28. What is the floral emblem of Australia?
Answer: Golden Wattle (Acacia pycnantha).
29. What insect sounds chirp?
30. Ismene and Antigone are whose daughters?
31. Franklin stove was invented in which year in America?
32. Who painted Tree Roots?
Answer: Vincent van Gogh.
33. Alberta, Canada has how many cities as of 2019?
Answer: 19 cities.
34. Abidjan Zoo is located in which country?
Answer: Ivory Coast.
35. What was the first million-dollar seller paperback?
Answer: I the Jury — Mickey Spillane.
36. What is the correct name for your lower jaw bone?
37. What MAN is a type of pea, the pod of which is also eaten?
38. What is the name of a literary or musical composition written with the hand, as opposed to a printed copy?
39. What is the name of the first track released by Nelly Furtado from her best-selling album Loose, in 2006?
40. What is the name of an official of the Chinese Empire and also a type of fruit?
41. In 1974, the legendary footballer Denis Law scored an amazing back-heeled goal in the last game of the season for which English football club?
Answer: Manchester City.
42. What is the surname of the singer who was originally born Barry Alan Pincus?
43. A large, herbivorous, aquatic mammal
44. What is the name of the song written in 1969 by Jimmy Cliff and later covered by the band UB40 in 1983 and Annie Lennox in 2008?
Answer: Many Rivers to Cross.
45. A man’s thong swimsuit that has straps over the shoulder and a thin strip of fabric at the back is called?
On any occasion, it’s great fun to arrange family quiz questions with family members and friends. But it is necessary to test the knowledge with hilarious family quiz questions rather than more hard questions. Funny questions will make you smile and laugh with friends and family.
1. Why do some cricket players never sweat?
Answer: Because they have huge fans!
2. What is in middle of Paris?
Answer: Yes, correct, it is ‘R'(PA ‘R’ IS).
3. What is always coming, but never arrives?
4. If a plane crashes on the border between the United States and Canada, where do they bury the survivors?
Answer: Survivors are not buried.
5. What can be broken, but is never held?
Answer: A promise.
6. It goes all over the world, but always stays in a corner. What is that?
Answer: A Stamp!
7. A girl fell off a 50-foot ladder but didn’t get hurt. How come?
Answer: She fell off the bottom step.
8. If you have one, you want to share it. But once you share it, you do not have it. What is it?
Answer: A secret.
9. What starts with “e” and ends with “e” but only has one letter in it?
Answer: An envelope.
10. If you are in a dark room with a candle, a wood stove and a gas lamp. You only have one match, so what do you light first?
Answer: The match!
11. How can a girl go 25 days without sleep?
Answer: She sleeps at night.
12. If it takes eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men?
Answer: No time, because the wall is already built.
13. You spot a boat full of people but there isn’t a single person on board. How is that possible?
Answer: Everyone on board is married.
14. If you have a bowl with six apples and you take away four, how many do you have?
Answer: The four you took.
15. How do you make the number one disappear?
Answer: Add a ‘G’ and it’s gone!
16. If you had only one match and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, some kindling wood, and a newspaper, which would you light first?
Answer: The match.
17. What’s greater than God and more evil than the devil. Rich people want it, poor people have it. And if you eat it, you’ll die?
18. What does come down but never goes up?
19. What breaks and never falls, and what falls and never breaks?
Answer: Day breaks and night falls.
20. What do you sit on, sleep on, and brush your teeth with?
Answer: A chair, a bed, and a toothbrush.
21. What has a head, a tail, but does not have a body?
Answer: A coin.
22. Most of the kids love to carry these keys. What are those keys?
23. What are two things you can never eat for breakfast?
Answer: Lunch and Dinner.
24. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?
Answer: It will become Wet.
25. What gets wetter the more it dries?
Answer: A towel.
26. How can a man go eight days without sleep?
Answer: By sleeping during the night.
27. What word is spelled incorrectly in every single dictionary?
28. What is it that lives if it is fed, and dies if you give it a drink?
29. What never asks a question but gets answered all the time?
Answer: Your cellphone.
30. What word would you use to describe a man who does not have all his fingers on one hand?
Answer: Normal, because people usually have half their fingers on one hand.
31. What goes up but never ever comes down?
Answer: Your age.
32. What can one catch that is not thrown?
Answer: A cold.
33. How did the boy kick his soccer ball ten feet, and then have it come back to him on its own?
Answer: He kicked it up.
34. Three men are on a boat. The boat sinks but only two people get their hair wet. Why?
Answer: The third man was bald.
35. What does everyone need, want, and ask for but never take?
36. I get smaller every time I take a bath. What am I?
37. What is the major difference between a bird and a fly?
Answer: A Bird can fly but a fly cannot bird!
38. Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive?
Answer: Stop imagining.
39. If you spell “sit in the tub” s-o-a-k, and you spell “a funny story” j-o-k-e, how do you spell “the white of an egg”?
40. A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in town for three days and rode out on Friday. How is that possible?
Answer: His horse is named Friday.
41. Is it legal for a man to marry his widow’s sister?
Answer: No, but since he is dead it would be hard to do so.
42. What two keys can’t open any door?
Answer: A monkey and a donkey.
43. If Mrs. John’s one-story house is decorated completely in pink, with the walls, carpet, and furniture all shades of pink, what color are the stairs?
Answer: There are no stairs.
44. What will you actually find at the end of every rainbow?
Answer: The letter ‘W’.
45. Bay of Bengal is in which state?
46. A young boy was rushed to the hospital emergency room, but the ER doctor saw the boy and refused to operate. “This boy is my son,” the doctor said. But the doctor wasn’t the boy’s father. How could this be?
Answer: The doctor was the boy’s mom.
47. How could a man go outside in the pouring rain without protection, and not have a hair on his head get wet?
Answer: He is bald.
Family quiz questions are a great way for kids and adults to test their knowledge and let kids teach new topics. You can engage friends and family members for a long time with easy family quiz questions and answers. Kids’ analytical ability and quick-thinking skills are also developed by the quiz.
1. How many legs does the Legs of Man have?
2. How many tails does a Manx cat have?
3. What is one quarter of 1,000?
4. Which is larger: 50% or five-eighths?
5. How many sides, in total, would three triangles and three rectangles have?
6. Who changed the name of his ship from The Pelican to The Golden Hind?
Answer: Sir Francis Drake.
7. What is manzanilla?
Answer: A light sherry.
8. What is entomophobia?
Answer: An irrational fear of insects.
9. Name the actor who died in 1984 and who also starred in the film titled 1984.
Answer: Richard Burton.
10. Who invented the bikini?
Answer: Louis Reard.
11. Which Scot founded the Presbyterian Church?
Answer: John Knox.
12. When did the French Revolution end?
13. How many teeth does an aardvark have?
14. Water boils at 212 degrees on which temperature scale?
15. Who went to school with a lamb?
16. Who sat in a corner eating a Christmas pie?
Answer: Little Jack Horner.
17. Where did the lady wearing rings on her fingers and bells on her toes ride to?
Answer: Banbury Cross.
18. Which item of nursery furniture was set on top of a tree?
19. What is the Italian word for “pie”?
20. What is the national flower of Wales?
21. Which Australian marsupial enjoys eating eucalyptus leaves?
22. Which reptile should you never smile at, according to the song?
23. What name was given to the soldiers who protected Roman emperors?
Answer: Praetorian Guard.
24. Which two metals is pewter made from?
Answer: Tin and lead.
25. What was Louis Armstrong’s chosen form of music?
26. Name the port of Rome.
27. Paul Newman ate fifty eggs in which film?
Answer: Cool Hand Luke.
28. Don Alfonso is the lead role in which opera?
Answer: Cosi Fan Tutte by Mozart.
29. Which city does the River Lagan flow through?
30. Who sang about being an eggman and a walrus?
Answer: The Beatles.
31. What takes place in Hong Kong’s Happy Valley?
Answer: Horse racing.
32. Which country does the sport of pelato come from?
33. Alfred, an ancient King of Wessex, is famous for burning what?
34. In nautical terms, what is the opposite of port?
35. How many bones are there on a Skull & Crossbones flag?
36. What was Marilyn Monroe’s natural hair colour?
37. Name Fred Astaire’s famous red-haired dancing partner.
Answer: Ginger Rogers.
38. What is the world’s tallest tree?
Answer: The coast redwood, one of three sequoia species.
39. Which traditional children’s rhyme was about the plague?
Answer: Ring O’Roses.
40. Name the once-popular boy’s building game which was aimed at developing an understanding of mechanics and electronics.
41. Name the doll which was famous for crying.
Answer: Tiny Tears.
42. Which furry creatures lived on Wimbledon Common?
43. If you rode a Chopper, what was this?
44. What was soaked in vinegar then hung on a string?
45. Which instrument has forty-seven strings and seven pedals?
46. Whose face was said to have launched 1,000 ships?
Answer: Helen of Troy.
47. In the traditional rhyme, how many mice were blind?
48. How many bones does an adult human have?
Answer: Two hundred and six.
49. How many pedals do most modern pianos have?
Kids always like to ask questions and it’s great fun to engage in a family quiz game. You can include various subjects to ask on multiple choice family for quiz questions which will be easier for kids to answer.
1. How many States form the United States of America?
2. Which one of the following cities is not a fashion capital?
New York City
3. At what time of the year is Eggnog popular?
4. Which planet does not have rings?
5. In the song “Baby Shark”, who comes after Baby Shark?
Answer: Mommy shark.
6. Who was defeated at the Battle of Waterloo?
William the Conqueror
Alexander the Great
Answer: Napoleon Bonaparte.
7. In which rock band did John Lennon play?
The Rolling Stones
Answer: The Beatles.
8. In which Italian city can you find the Colosseum?
9. In the TV show New Girl, which actress plays Jessica Day?
Answer: Zooey Deschanel.
10. What is the largest canyon in the world?
Verdon Gorge, France
King’s Canyon, Australia
Grand Canyon, USA
Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon, Iceland
Answer: Grand Canyon.
11. How long is the border between the United States and Canada?
Answer: 5,525 miles.
12. What is the largest active volcano in the world?
Answer: Mouna Loa.
13. When did Lenin die?
21 January 1924
21 January 1934
21 January 1944
21 January 1954
Answer: 21 January 1924.
14. In which US state did the Scopes Monkey Trial happen?
15. When was the book “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee published?
16. In which museum can you find Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa?
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Answer: Le Louvre.
17. In which city can you find the Prado Museum?
18. When did Salt Lake City host the Winter Olympics?
19. In the Big Bang Theory, what is the name of Sheldon and Leonard’s neighbour?
20. If you are born on the 1st of January, which star sign are you?
21. How many wives had Henry VIII?
22. In which city is the Juventus Football Club based?
23. Which one of the following rooms is not on a Clue do board?
Answer: The attic.
24. Which language is spoken in the Netherlands?
25. How many bones has the adult human body?
26. When did Hitler invade Poland?
1st September 1939
11th November 1939
8th May 1940
1st December 1940
Answer: 1st September 1939.
27. What is the largest continent in size?
28. Which French king was nicknamed the “Sun King”?
Answer: Louis XIV.
29. Who was George W. Bush’ vice president?
Answer: Dick Cheney.
30. Which famous inventor invented the telephone?
Alexander Graham Bell
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell.
Everybody loves sports, from hockey, football, cricket, and WWE to all sorts of sports. But we hardly know about the ins and outs of sports. At home, we can arrange family sports quiz questions which will be more exciting and fun. Both the adults and kids will be engaged in sports quizzes.
1. What sport is described as “the beautiful game?”
Answer: Everyone considers football (soccer to you Americans) to be the beautiful game.
2. Which country won the first ever football world cup?
3. How many regulation strokes are there in swimming?
Answer: Four. Backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly and freestyle.
4. How long is the total distance of a marathon?
Answer: That’s 26.2 miles, or 42.16 kilometres.
5. How many gold medals has Usain Bolt won?
Answer: Usain Bolt has won 8 gold medals.
6. What is his world record time for the 100 metres?
Answer: Bolt’s world record time is a rapid 9.58 seconds!
7. What five colours make up the Olympic rings?
Answer: Blue, black, green, red and yellow.
8. What has Muhammad Ali’s original name?
Answer: It was Cassius Clay.
9. What is the only sport to be played on the moon?
Answer: Golf! Alan Bartlett Shepard, a NASA astronaut, famously snuck a golf club onto Apollo 14 and played golf on the moon.
10. How many NBA championships did Michael Jordan win with the Chicago Bulls?
11. Who has won more tennis grand slam titles – Venus Williams or Serena Williams?
Answer: Serena has!
12. Which country won the first ever rugby world cup?
Answer: New Zealand.
13. In which sport would competitors use a piece of equipment known as a foil?
14. In which sport do teams compete to win the Stanley Cup?
Answer: Men’s ice hockey.
15. The Chicago Cubs and Boston Red Sox play which sport?
16. What international rugby team are known as the Pumas?
Answer: That’s Argentina.
17. Who is the Premier League’s all-time top scorer?
Answer: Alan Shearer, and he has a massive 260 goals in the Premier League.
18. Which course is The Masters golf tournament held?
Answer: Augusta National Golf Club which is in Georgia, USA.
19. At which Olympics did Kelly Holmes win two gold medals?
Answer: The Athens Olympic Games in 2004.
20. What is the maximum break you can score in snooker?
Answer: The maximum break is 147.
21. Which sport involves tucks and pikes?
22. What is Canada’s national sport? How many of you said ice hockey for this one?
Answer: It’s actually lacrosse which even surprised me!
23. In football, which team has won the Champions League (formerly the European Cup) the most?
Answer: Real Madrid have won the Champions League 13 times.
24. Which Formula 1 driver has won the most races in the history of the sport?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton recently surpassed Michael Schumacher’s record with 100 race wins in his career.
25. Which sport uses a net, a racket, and a shuttlecock?
26. How many players are there in a rugby league team?
Answer: Different to rugby union which has 15 players per team, there are only 13 players in rugby league.
27. What two teams play in “El Clasico”?
Answer: That’s one of the world’s biggest football rivalries between Barcelona and Real Madrid.
28. Won who the last cricket world cup?
Answer: England did in their nail-biting super over win over New Zealand in 2019.
29. What is the name Tyson Fury calls himself?
Answer: He’s known as the Gypsy King.
30. Which country did F1 legend Ayrton Senna come from?
Answer: Brazil, a place where he is still revered today.
31. What does NBA stand for?
Answer: National Basketball Association.
32. How many bases are there on a baseball field?
33. What part of the body can’t touch the ball in soccer? (Except the goalie.)
34. What’s the diameter of a basketball hoop in inches?
Answer: 18 inches.
35. The Olympics are held every how many years?
Answer: 4 years.
36. What sport is best known as the ‘king of sports’?
37. What tool is used in striking a tennis ball in the sport of tennis?
Answer: Tennis racquet.
38. In motor racing, what color is the flag they wave to indicate the winner?
Answer: Checkered flag.
39. How many holes are played in an average round of golf?
40. What color are the goalposts in football?
41. How long is a marathon?
Answer: 26.2 miles.
42. In what game is “love” a score?
43. What sport is a lot like softball?
44. In meters, how big is an Olympic-sized swimming pool?
Answer: 50 meters long and 25 meters wide.
45. In football, how many points does a touchdown hold?
Answer: 6 points.
46. How many players are on a baseball team?
Answer: 9 players.
47. In what sport would you find a pommel horse?
48. How many medals did China win at the Beijing Olympics?
49. Which golf tournament did Tiger Woods win by 12 strokes cementing his first-ever major championship win?
Answer: The Masters.
50. What do you call it when a bowler makes three strikes in a row?
51. What’s the national sport of Canada?
52. How many dimples does an average golf ball have?
53. What country has competed the most times in the Summer Olympics yet hasn’t won a gold medal?
Answer: The Philippines.
54. The classic 1980 movie called Raging Bull is about which real-life boxer?
Answer: Jake LaMotta.
55. The Triple Crown award is given to a horse that wins which three races?
Answer: The Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes.
56. In the 1971 Olympics, Nadia Comaneci was the first gymnast to score a perfect score. What country was she representing?
57. Who has won more tennis grand slam titles, Venus Williams or Serena Williams?
Answer: Serena Williams.
58. What country has competed the most times in the Summer Olympics yet hasn’t won any kind of medal?
59. Which boxer fought against Muhammad Ali and won?
Answer: Joe Frazier.
Parents wish their kids would gather more knowledge in science. The science trivia questions will help kids develop science knowledge and have great fun. If we arrange a family trivia game questions will help kids generate new ideas and fuel the child’s curiosity.
1. The concept of gravity was discovered by which famous physicist?
Answer: Sir Isaac Newton. And speaking of gravity, did you know that there are normal things astronauts can’t do in space?
2. What can sharks sense that humans cannot?
Answer: Electricity. They do this using organs called ampullae of Lorenzini.
3. True or False? Electrons are smaller than atoms.
4. What is the name of the tallest grass on earth?
5. Which is the most abundant element in the universe?
6. What is the hardest natural substance on Earth?
7. What is the study of mushrooms called?
Answer: Mycology. And if mushrooms could talk, here’s what they’d tell you.
8. Can an airplane go in reverse?
9. Does sound travel faster in the air or in water?
10. Which oath of ethics taken by doctors is named after an Ancient Greek physician?
Answer: The Hippocratic Oath.
11. Which animal’s eye is bigger than its brain?
Answer: An ostrich.
12. Do you know what a rhinoceros’ horn is made up of?
13. Which animals’ fingerprints are almost identical to humans?
Answer: Koala bear.
14. In which part of a shrimp’s body, is its heart located?
15. Which animal bagged the Guinness Book of World Records title for the most fearless animal on earth?
Answer: Honey Badger.
16. Which sea creature is the favorite food of whales?
17. Which mammal has the most substantial bite in the world?
Answer: Hippopotamus’ bite is recorded as the most substantial bite among all mammals.
18. Which animal can stay alive without its head for a week?
19. Which is the largest mammal?
Answer: Blue Whale.
20. Which animal’s heart can be used as a replacement for a human heart valve?
Answer: Pig or cow.
21. Which animal helps to plant thousands of trees each year?
22. How many oceans contain sharks?
Answer: All of them. And that’s not all! Some are also found in rivers and freshwater lakes.
23. Which animal has three hearts, blue blood and nine brains?
24. The male members of which animal species are responsible for giving birth?
25. Which animal is the closest living relative to a T-Rex dinosaur?
26. What is the first thing that baby caterpillars eat right after being born?
Answer: Their eggshells.
27. What phenomena keep the planets in orbit around the sun?
28. What is the largest star in the solar system?
Answer: The sun.
29. Would you weigh more or less on Mars?
Answer: Less. A person who weighs 200 pounds on Earth would weigh just 76 pounds on Mars.
30. Who was the first person to walk on the Moon?
Answer: Neil Armstrong. He landed on July 20, 1969, with Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin.
31. What causes a solar eclipse?
Answer: The moon moves between the sun and Earth, casting a shadow on Earth.
32. How long does a solar eclipse last?
Answer: About seven and a half minutes.
33. What color is the sun?
Answer: Though the sun looks white when we look at it, it’s actually a mixture of all colors.
34. What color is the sunset on Mars?
35. What planet is closest to the sun?
36. What is the smallest planet in the solar system?
37. What planet is farthest from the sun?
38. What is the largest planet?
39. What is the hottest planet in the solar system?
40. Is Pluto still a planet?
Answer: No, Pluto was declassified as a planet back in 2006.
41. What is the largest bone in the human body?
Answer: The femur, also known as the thigh bone.
42. What is the smallest bone in the human body?
Answer: The stapes bone, also known as the stirrup bone. It’s located inside your ear.
43. What kind of blood type is known as the universal donor?
Answer: O negative.
44. What is the largest organ in the human body?
Answer: The skin.
45. What do white blood cells do?
Answer: White blood cells protect you against illness and disease. “Immunity Cells” are another name for these components.
46. Mitosis is the process a single cell uses to divide into two new identical cells. What do we call each set of cells?
Answer: Parent cells and daughter cells.
47. Which animal can change direction midair?
Answer: The cheetah. They are the only type of cat able to do so.
48. What is the largest land animal alive today?
Answer: The African Elephant. These gigantic creatures can weigh as much as 7 tons!
Among the various topics of the quiz, geography is an interesting topic that informs you about the earth. Even if you don’t know the answer, it’s a lot of fun in geography trivia questions as far as you would realize what others guess. You will be interested in geography with the family question quiz that includes mountains, sea, forest, etc.
1. What country has the most natural lakes?
2. Which country has the largest population in the world?
3. Which is the largest country in the world?
4. What is the capital of the American State of California?
5. What are the names of the five oceans?
Answer: Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic and Southern.
6. How many states of India share its border with Bhutan?
Answer: 4 (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, West Bengal & Sikkim).
7. What is the capital city of India?
Answer: New Delhi.
8. In which country would you find the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
9. Which are the 7 continents in the world from largest in area to smallest?
Answer: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia.
10. Which is colder: The North Pole or the South Pole?
Answer: The South Pole.
11. Which planet is nearest to the Earth?
12. What is the name of the biggest ocean on Earth?
Answer: The Pacific Ocean.
13. What is the name of the smallest country in the world?
Answer: The Vatican City.
14. Which is the largest waterfall in the world?
Answer: Victoria Falls.
15. Which is the biggest desert in the world?
Answer: Sahara Desert.
16. Which is the hottest continent on Earth?
17. Which is the highest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest.
18. Which is the coldest place on Earth?
19. Which continent is known as Dark Continent?
20. What is the capital city of Canada?
21. Which continent is Britain part of?
Answer: Europe (lies to the Northwest of mainland Europe).
22. What are the names of the seven continents of the world?
Answer: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Australia.
23. What are the names of the five oceans of the world?
Answer: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and the Antarctic.
24. What is the name of the longest river in Africa?
Answer: The Nile River.
25. What American city is the Golden Gate Bridge located in?
Answer: San Francisco.
26. What is the capital of Mexico?
Answer: Mexico City.
27. What is the capital of Thailand?
28. What U.S. state is home to no documented poisonous snakes?
29. Where is the Eiffel Tower located?
Answer: Paris, France.
30. What present-day Italian city does Mt. Vesuvius overlook?
Probably we would find hardly a few people who don’t like animals. Animal lover is everywhere, but how many of us know details about an animal? It is excellent to arrange animal trivia questions to test your animal IQ with interesting knowledge about them.
1. Which is the tallest animal in the world?
2. Which animal has the longest lifeline?
Answer: The arctic whale.
3. How many legs does an octopus have?
4. Mention one flightless bird.
5. Which animal is Doe?
Answer: A female deer.
6. Which bird is the symbol of peace?
7. Which mammal is known to have the most powerful bite in the world?
8. What object does a male penguin often gift to a female penguin to win her over?
Answer: A pebble.
9. How long is an elephant pregnant before it gives birth?
Answer: 22 Months.
10. What are the only two mammals are the only ones known to lay eggs?
Answer: The anteater and the duck-billed platypus.
11. Why are flamingos pink?
Answer: Because of their diet of algae, shrimps and crustaceans.
12. A dog sweats through which part of its body?
Answer: Its paws.
13. What is the size of a newborn kangaroo?
Answer: 1 inch.
14. How far away can a wolf smell its prey?
Answer: Almost 2 miles.
15. Which animal is known to spend 90% of its day, sleeping?
16. What color is the tongue of a giraffe?
17. Which animal’s stripes are on their skin as well as their fur?
18. Which animal’s poop is known to take the shape of cubes?
19. Under their white fur, what color is a polar bear’s skin?
20. How many compartments are in a cow’s stomach?
21. How long does it take a sloth to digest a meal?
Answer: Two weeks.
22. What is the name of the fastest land animal?
23. A baby goat is called what?
24. What’s the only mammal that’s able to fly?
25. What’s a group of kittens called?
26. What are the horns of a rhinoceros made of?
27. How many humps does a Bactrian camel have?
28. What name is given to a female deer?
29. Which animal is Joey?
Answer: Baby kangaroo.
30. What is the largest mammal?
31. What is the group of lions named?
Answer: A pride.
32. Which bird lays the largest egg?
33. What does a panda eat?
34. How many legs does a lobster have?
35. Which is the only land animal that cannot jump?
36. Which is the only bird that can fly backwards?
37. Which is the tallest bird in the world?
38. Which bird is known to be the fastest bird?
39. Which insect can lift up to 50 times its body weight?
How many of us know our ancestor’s history properly? History trivia questions are challenging and interesting, especially since you need to remember many dates, times, where, etc. The quiz is a great time to recall your school memory and historical events.
1. Who was prime minister of the UK for most of the Second World War?
Answer: Winston Churchill.
2. Which structures were built in medieval times as a mixture of residence and defensive building?
3. Who was caught red-handed trying to blow up parliament in 1605?
Answer: Guy Fawkes.
4. What did Romans use a hypocaust for?
Answer: Heating their villas.
5. What is the London home of the prime minister?
Answer: 10 Downing Street.
6. Which liner sank on her maiden voyage in 1912?
Answer: RMS Titanic.
7. Who is the Deputy Prime Minister?
Answer: Nick Clegg.
8. What did Spain send to attack Britain in 1588?
Answer: The Spanish Armada.
9. In which country in ancient times was mummification carried out on important people when they died?
10. Which city did the ancient Greeks by legend besiege for 10 years?
11. How many wives did Henry VIII have?
Answer: Six (Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleves, Catherine Howard and Catherine Parr.
12. Which people travelled in longships and raided Britain from Scandinavia in early medieval times?
13. Which king received an arrow in his eye at the Battle of Hastings?
Answer: Harold II.
14. An act of 1864 outlawed children doing what job, for which they were often employed?
Answer: Chimney Sweep.
15. What notable event affected London in September 1666?
Answer: The Great Fire.
16. Which ship sank off Portsmouth in 1545 but was retrieved from the seabed in 1982?
Answer: Mary Rose.
17. What title was given to the rulers of Ancient Egypt?
18. Spitfires and Hurricanes helped win which battle in 1940?
Answer: The Battle of Britain.
19. What overall term is given to the people who fought each other and animals as entertainment in Ancient Rome?
20. Which member of the Royal Family holds the title Duke of York?
Answer: Prince Andrew.
21. As recently dramatized in a critically acclaimed miniseries, what year did the Chernobyl disaster occur?
22. Who was Lord Mayor of London four times between 1397 and 1419, and the inspiration for a classic English folk tale?
Answer: Richard (Dick) Whittington.
23. Who was the second President of the United States?
Answer: John Adams.
24. Who was the only one of Henry VIII’s wives to receive a Queen’s funeral?
Answer: Jane Seymour.
25. Which British archaeologist discovered Tutankhamun’s tomb?
Answer: Howard Carter.
26. Who was the leader of Britain’s ill-fated Antarctic expedition which was one of the first to reach the South Pole in 1912?
Answer: Robert F. Scott.
27. In which European country was there a civil war between 1946 and 1949?
28. Which 13th Century Scottish knight did Mel Gibson portray in Braveheart?
Answer: William Wallace.
29. Which war was fought in South Africa between 1899 and 1902?
Answer: Second Boer War (Allow Boer War).
30. In which country did the Second World War Battles of El Alamein take place?
31. Who discovered the wreckage of the Titanic?
Answer: Robert Ballard.
32. What year did the Challenger Space Shuttle disaster take place?
Music is one of the parts of our life that unite and engage us all in many aspects. Among the various styles of music, how many of us know detail about our favorite artist. Rock, Jazz, hip hop, metal, and many categories of music trivia questions will test your knowledge.
1. Which country has won the most Eurovision Song Contests?
2. Which artist has had the most UK Number One singles? (Bonus question – with how many?)
Answer: Elvis Presley (Bonus answer is 21 UK Number One singles).
3. What is the name of Michael Jackson’s home?
4. What singer has had a Billboard No. 1 hit in each of the last four decades?
Answer: Mariah Carey.
5. What was Freddie Mercury’s real name?
Answer: Farrokh Bulsara.
6. Who was the very first American Idol winner?
Answer: Kelly Clarkson.
7. Which member of the Avengers had a brief stint as a pop star?
Answer: Brie Larson.
8. What pop star wrote songs for Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears and Alice Cooper?
9. Before Bleachers and fun, Jack Anton off fronted what band?
Answer: Steel Train.
10. Before Miley Cyrus recorded “Wrecking Ball,” it was offered to which singer?
11. Which artist’s entire 1985 Live Aid set consisted of just a single cover song?
Answer: Elvis Costello.
12. What rock icon was the founder of The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Long-haired Men?
Answer: David Bowie.
13. Keith Moon and John Entwistle of The Who are said to have inspired the name of which other classic rock band?
Answer: Led Zeppelin.
14. In The Big Lebowski, The Dude can’t stand which band?
Answer: The Eagles.
15. Who founded Motown Records?
Answer: Berry Gordy.
16. Before Phil Collins, who was the lead singer of Genesis?
Answer: Peter Gabriel.
17. What was Madonna’s first top 10 hit?
18. What rock star moonlights as a horror movie writer and director?
Answer: Rob Zombie.
19. What film did The Clash’s Joe Strummer direct starring some of his bandmates?
Answer: Cops and Robbers.
20. Eminem’s 8 Mile is named after a road in which city?
21. Who was Marvin Gaye’s duet partner?
Answer: Tammi Terrell.
22. Paul McCartney credits which artist with teaching him everything he knows?
Answer: Little Richard.
23. What artists made up the supergroup The Traveling Wilburys?
Answer: George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty and Bob Dylan.
24. Who was the first woman ever inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
Answer: Aretha Franklin.
25. Paul McCartney and John Lennon wrote which Rolling Stones song?
Answer: “I Wanna Be Your Man”.
26. Who had the best-selling album of 2019 in the USA?
Answer: Lover by Taylor Swift.
27. Who wrote the Wedding March?
Answer: Felix Mendelssohn.
28. What is Elton John’s real name?
Answer: Reginald Dwight.
29. Who was the first Beatle to have a solo Number One single?
Answer: George Harrison.
During the lockdown, we were all bored at home, and at that time family quiz questions and answers helped us all to get relieved. Any play, especially trivia, is great fun, and it allows everyone in the family to join. Trivia games help develop kids’ brains, and families get together for fun and learning. We sorted out the best five tips to play trivia quiz games for family and friends.
In any game, planning must be needed before stats. If you want to be a trivia champion think about the question pattern, partner selection, response time etc. Choosing the right topic in the family trivia questions and answers is also very important.
We can say that a family quiz question and answer game is sometimes like a social event. From adults to kids, friends and family members can join in the game. Always try to choose an intelligent friend as your teammate to play the quiz game. If your friends have previous knowledge, it’s a great chance to win the game.
It is essential to have proper communication with all members during the game. If your team members can express their ideas in a family quiz with answers, it would be easy to play.
Usually, family trivia quiz question and answers are held at night with friends and family members. Starting time as well as answer response time should be adequately maintained. Both the host and participants should be alert to this.
Food is an essential part of all of us to live appropriately. At night, before starting the game, you must take quality food to fuel your body, giving you more energy. With sound health and mind, we can easily compete in the quiz game for family.
Kids are fond of asking questions and family trivia questions nights are full of fun and develop their general knowledge. In our busy schedules, friends and family members can spend quality time in the game.
Family trivia questions are the easiest way for kids to learn new topics and evaluate their level of knowledge. Friends and family members are all engaged in various activities and spend quality time in family quiz question and answer sessions.
As there is no age limit, everybody can share their ideas in a trivia quiz for family. Various family activities with fun can be considered one of the best times for kids. You don’t need to spend a huge budget for a family trivia quiz game; instead, you can arrange it at a minimum cost. So let’s together all and start the ultimate family quiz time.