500 Fun Unanswerable Questions to Challenge Your Friends and Family
Welcome to our amazing collection of unanswerable questions. We are confident that at some point in your life, you have run into one of the unanswerable questions.
They challenge you to go beyond your comfort zone and make you question conventional wisdom. It also influences your current viewpoints and future decisions. Although most people don’t know the answers to these impossible questions to answer, they nonetheless attempt to find answers by using their own methods.
While some of us call the most knowledgeable person in the group, others Google the answers, and the remainder uses every formula we are aware of to try to get the solutions. They are still unanswered.
Even while science has advanced significantly in recent years, there are still a number of topics for which there is no satisfactory answer. Exactly why, we hand-crafted this list separated into several heads with some of the most difficult questions (which is practically impossible to answer!).
Best Unanswerable Questions
It’s no secret that there are some questions that can’t be answered. Nevertheless, there are some intriguing concerns that science could one day be able to resolve. Here are some of the best unanswerable questions, regardless of how they can be answered.
1. Who decided what’s right and wrong?
2. Did you arrive at this point in your life because you willed it or because you were destined to be here?
3. Are soul mates a real thing?
4. What is the meaning of time?
5. Do our human accomplishments have a long-term, universal significance, or when the world ends, do we all end with it, including what we’ve achieved?
6. Why do people have to die?
7. What is the purpose of setting goals if we all die anyway?
8. What age should a person be considered old enough to die of old age?
9. How do you know you’re not crazy and just hallucinating your whole life?
10. To what degree have you been able to control the course that your life has taken?
11. What is freedom and does it really exist?
12. Which came first – the orange color or the orange fruit?
13. What makes you, you?
14. Is the Earth alive?
15. Is it possible to know what is truly good and what is evil?
16. Why are we so afraid to make mistakes?
17. When did time begin?
18. Were there better civilizations like us before?
19. Where does a thought go when it’s forgotten?
20. Do we have free will or is everything predestined?
21. Is there life after death?
22. Is it really possible to experience anything objectively?
23. What are dreams?
24. If we need to follow rules at all costs, then why do we make exceptions to these rules?
25. Is there an end to the universe, or does it just keep going?
26. Why do we love the way we do?
27. What is the goal of humanity?
28. How long will you be remembered after the day that you die?
29. Why do we cry when emotional?
30. What is ‘god’?
31. Why do people cheat in their relationships?
32. Why are you here at this very moment in your life?
Random Unanswerable Questions
Attempting to answer these should make you, the kids, your family, and friends laugh, and after all, that’s what matters most, isn’t it? Start by asking these random unanswerable questions if you want to push your perceptions and go outside of your comfort zone.
1. What do they call French kissing in France?
2. In the word ‘scent’, Which letter is silent? s or c?
3. Does mirror really have a color?
4. If a vampire bites a zombie, Does the zombie become a vampire or
5. Should we base our lives on science or religion?
6. If you describe something as indescribable, haven’t you already described it?
7. Who taught the first-ever teacher?
8. Is it right to kill in the name of protecting yourself or your loved ones?
9. What existed before the universe?
10. What would happen to the world’s oceans if every person on earth jumped into the water at the same time?
11. Do caterpillars know that they’re going to be butterflies?
12. What visions do blind people see in their dreams?
13. Are human beings still evolving or has evolution stopped?
14. Did time exist before the universe was created, or did that come later?
15. Does time only flow forward or are there exceptions?
16. Which came first – the chicken or the egg?
17. Which orange came first – the fruit or the color?
18. If you’re trying to fail and you succeed, did you fail or did you succeed?
19. Which armrest is yours in the movie theater?
20. Why do older people feel disrespected when you don’t allow them to disrespect you?
21. Are thousands of languages we have today a result of human evolution?
22. Did we invent math or did we discover it?
23. Why does anything exist?
24. Is it possible for us as humans to comprehend the true depths of our reality and existence
25. Where does the passing time go to?
26. Are there unanswerable questions?
27. What is the purpose of time?
28. What is the opposite of the word opposite?
29. Do avocados feel embarrassed when you peel them?
Funny Unanswerable Questions
Hey, don’t assume a question is serious just because it doesn’t seem to have an answer. There are many humorous unanswerable questions available that can make you laugh out loud and spark a lot of enjoyable conversation with your friends. To start the laughter, try asking people these thought-provoking funny unanswerable questions.
1. Why doesn’t glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
2. If the Wicked Witch of the West melts in the water… how did she ever bathe?
3. Do you know the saying “throw ya hands in the air like ya don’t care”? why bother doing that if you don’t care?
4. Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
5. Why is it said that an alarm clock is going off when really it’s coming on?
6. Why are both of Spongebob’s parents round like sea sponges while he is square like a kitchen sponge? (isn’t this one great?)
7. If a teacher were to teach a younger grade than they were teaching before, would they be “degraded”?
8. Do dentists go to other dentists or do they treat their own dental care problems?
9. How far east do you have to go before you start going west?
10. If you were to dig a hole that went through the center of the earth and you jumped through, would you be falling or floating upwards?
11. Why do we cook bacon and bake cookies?
12. How do you grow a seedless fruit?
13. If tomatoes are a fruit, is ketchup considered a smoothie?
14. If you had a dream that none of your dreams would come true, and you woke up and had none of your real-life dreams come true, would that be a dream come true?
15. If you told someone to ‘be a leader and not a follower’, wouldn’t they become a follower by following your advice?
16. If everyone says that life is unfair, doesn’t that mean that life is fair?
17. Where do they put the bible in libraries – fiction or non-fiction section?
18. What happens when an immovable objects meets an unstoppable force?
19. Is it easier or harder to become successful these days?
20. Are children who act in R-rated movies allowed to watch the film when it’s done?
21. Do you consider eyebrows facial hair?
22. If you were shorter than someone, would it be possible to talk down to them?
23. What hair color do they put in bald people’s driver’s licenses?
24. Do prison buses have emergency exits?
25. Can you stand backwards on a flight of stairs?
26. Do they bury people with their braces still on or do they remove them?
27. Why did they put the word ‘dictionary’ in the dictionary?
28. What do you call a fly without its wings?
29. When does it stop being partly sunny and start to become partly cloudy?
30. Why is vanilla ice cream color white when vanilla itself is color brown?
31. Isn’t it weird that if you rearrange the word “teacher” you get “cheater”?
32. If the FBI breaks your door down do they have to pay for it?
33. If you fart and burp at the same time, would it make a vacuum in your tummy?
34. Can you cry underwater?
35. When the French swear do they say pardon my English?
36. Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
Stupid Unanswerable Questions
Continuous sensibility encourages boredom. You must occasionally be silly. It not only helps you stay sane but also gives your mind some room to breathe. Additionally, if you’re conversing with a group, asking some stupid unanswerable questions will help everyone loosen up. Check them out!
1. Why is it illegal to park on parkways but legal on driveways?
2. How will you handcuff a one-armed man?
3. Does synonym have a synonym?
4. Hawaii has interstate highways, why?
5. Does opposite have an opposite?
6. If electricity arises from electrons, does morality arise from morons?
7. If the eye of the cyclops is closed, will that be called blinking or winking?
8. If olive oil is made from olives, what is baby oil made from?
9. Why do people shower when they get dirty right after it?
10. What will happen if you eat yourself, will you disappear or become twice in size?
11. Who will be the next man on the moon?
12. Can sandwich meat ever be used to generate electricity?
13. A bread is mostly square in shape in standard form, why so?
14. If revenge is sweet and it is a dish served cold, can we call it an ice cream sandwich?
15. If love is blind, can it also be deaf?
16. How can a real estate company sell its own entire office without creating a ruckus?
17. Why do we call it daybreak and nightfall?
18. Do fortune cookie predictions have a time limit?
19. What would the water look like if the sky didn’t exist?
20. If you are shorter than someone, will you be able to ‘talk down’ to them?
21. Is ketchup a smoothie since tomatoes are fruits?
22. Why isn’t bacon baked and cookies cooked?
23. If early birds get advantages, why is patience a virtue?
24. Why do feet don’t run and noses don’t stink?
25. If you are waiting for the waiter to take your order, are you a waiter yourself then?
26. When your temperature goes up, why is it said that you have a cold?
27. Who invented the art of milking a cow?
28. Do you think time flows forward only, or does it move differently also?
29. Do you think you can discover traveling through time?
30. Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
31. Are body transplants the same as a brain transplant?
32. Why do people call it plastic surgery when it involves the living body?
33. If you enjoyed it while you were wasting time, would it still be called wasted time?
34. If you go to a dance exhibition and dance, are you a portrait of an artist?
35. Why are monkeys around if humans are their evolved counter?
36. Are we individuals or a collective in a singularity?
Deep Unanswerable Questions
Some unanswerable questions frequently cause you to feel uneasy on the inside and terrify you. The following deep unanswerable questions can assist you grasp someone else’s perspective and examine how they perceive the person. Even though it could make you speechless, how you respond to the question says a lot about you.
1. Why do black olives come in cans and green ones in jars?
2. Have you ever wondered why kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
3. Who said it was a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
4. Do you believe life exists always to end, even after 100 years?
5. Are we the only life in the universe?
6. Does the center of the earth impact the temperature of our land?
7. How did you arrive at this point in your life?
8. Why do banks charge money for insufficient balance, even when they know there isn’t any money?
9. How can a closed brain inside our skull ever be called an open mind?
10. How long before artificial intelligence will collapse stock markets?
11. Is there a risk to ever be completely dependent on AI?
12. Can emotions ever be controlled via technology?
13. Why are ‘lingeries’ so popular, when love is said to be blind?
14. Why is ‘bra’ singular and ‘panties’ plural for women?
15. Why do we count sheep and not dogs when we can’t go to sleep?
16. What disease did Cured Ham have originally?
17. Why is the boxing ring square in shape?
18. Why does every rule somehow always have exceptions?
19. Why do bubble bath bubbles always rise up white, even if the bath is pink in color?
20. Can anyone know how the rainbow tastes like?
21. Why are mattresses always on sale?
22. Why is it said that you act IN a movie but then, you show up ON tv?
23. If the train station is set where the train is bound to stop, what is a workstation then?
24. Is a turtle homeless or naked, without a shell?
25. What was used instead of drawing boards, before their invention?
26. Why is it called rush hour when it’s the slowest time of the day due to heavy traffic?
27. Did you succeed when you succeed while trying to fail?
28. Why is vanilla ice cream color white when vanilla itself is brown?
29. Was there ever a time when nothing existed or something has always been in existence?
30. Why do people say that they ‘slept like a baby through the night when babies are known for not sleeping?
Weird Unanswerable Questions
What fun is there without some “weird” fun to it if you want to keep your family and friends entertained with arguments at your next get-together? Fear not—we have you covered there too! Just check out this list of weird unanswerable questions to choose from.
1. How was a calendar even invented?
2. How can you ever throw away a garbage can?
3. If quizzes are quizzical, then what are tests?
4. Why are caregivers and caretakers the same thing?
5. Will you ever agree that eyebrows are facial hair?
6. Have animals ever committed suicide?
7. Children are allowed to act in ‘R’ rated movies, why?
8. When you are on a flight, which armrest is yours?
9. Is daydreaming at night possible?
10. Can bald people have dandruff issues?
11. Do prison buses ensure to have emergency exits?
12. Do stairs take you up or down?
13. Do people have their braces on when buried?
14. Is the word ‘dictionary’ in the dictionary?
15. How can you yawn in your sleep?
16. If something is new, can it be improved at the same time?
17. Why do only toes and fingers get all wrinkly in the shower?
18. Is it a dog pile if a bunch of cats jump on top of each other?
19. If one doctor gets a heart attack amidst a surgery, do the other doctors work on him or the patient?
20. If a gum has 5 calories, do you get those just from chewing it, or do you need to swallow the gum?
21. Would a bubble blown in space, pop?
22. Is the bible put in the fiction or non-fiction section at libraries?
23. Can someone ever be allergic to water and survive?
24. Have you ever seen an endangered animal eating an endangered plant? Is it okay?
25. Is a question with no answer, still a question?
26. Do the French say ‘Pardon my English’ once they swear?
27. Why do easter bunnies carry eggs (rabbits don’t lay eggs right)?
28. Shouldn’t the hair in your armpits get split ends too?
29. Why is vanilla ice-cream colored white when the vanilla extract is brown?
30. Why is an electrical outlet not called an inlet for plugging things into it?
31. If you hate prejudiced people, do you become a hypocrite?
32. If you hate all the haters, aren’t you a hater yourself?
33. Why does mineral water have an expiry date?
34. Why do we keep our garments in the suitcase and our suits in a garment bag?
35. If a vacuum cleaner is said to suck, is it a good product?
36. Can a seedless fruit be grown?
37. What would happen to the earth’s water if everyone jumped into the ocean together?
38. Why can’t time differences and time zones be abolished?
39. Does the mirror in your house have a color?
Dirty Unanswerable Questions
Unanswerable questions need not always be serious in nature. They might even be sometimes dirty! In this section, we have gathered some dirty unanswerable questions for you to use them in your next get-together with your friends.
1. Why don’t my breasts match?
2. Is it normal to pass gas during orgasm?
3. I had a dream about having sex with another woman. Am I gay or bisexual?
4. Is a cold sore the same as herpes?
5. Can certain exercises really lead to better sex?
6. Is cybersex really cheating?
7. Will my vagina be noticeably bigger after I have a baby?
8. I’ve never had an orgasm during intercourse. Is there something wrong me?
9. Where’s my G-spot?
10. Can anal sex give me hemorrhoids?
11. Why don’t my privates look like a centerfold’s?
12. I smell down there. What can I do?
13. Does piercing my genitals increase my risk for infection?
14. I’ve been diagnosed with HPV once in the past, so do I still have it and? Am I still at risk for cervical cancer?
15. Can someone get pregnant by air?
16. What if a man and cow have s#x?
17. How people know about s#x?
18. Why do men have nipples that have no use?
19. How people know to cover their genitals?
20. Does alien have genders like ours?
21. How does cum taste?
22. Can you describe the feeling the organism?
Mind Blowing Unanswerable Questions
In order to find the answers of these mind blowing questions, we ultimately decide to forgo in the hopes that one day the advancement of human intelligence or perhaps divine intervention would do so and enable us to spice up our social gatherings.
1. Well, which one came first, time or the universe?
2. What is your true purpose in life?
3. Why do things exist?
4. Have you figured out how does the universe exists?
5. How does something in this world occur from nothing?
6. Is true love God-given realism or a man-made myth?
7. Will you ever kill 20 people to save one person?
8. Why is free will said to be free when not everyone can have it?
9. Do you think religion will ever stop existing?
10. Do animals have the experience of consciousness like human beings?
11. Do humans have more freedom than animals?
12. Will you ever be able to achieve perfect health for yourself?
13. Why are humans called humans?
14. Can you ever conclude how replaceable you are?
15. Should human nature ever be changed without knowing the impact of it?
16. How has human potential been utilized in the best way?
17. Is pain a form of happiness or a road to seeking pleasure?
18. Does the human language differently affect human thinking? By how much?
19. Do human rights ever change based on age or do they evolve?
20. Can beauty ever be the solution to all problems of mankind? Why is it treated like it is?
21. Do you think anything was created before the universe existed?
22. Will there ever be an accepted cure for cancer?
23. Can people dying from hunger ever not feel hungry?
24. It is said that the entire world is on the stage, so where is the audience?
25. Why do slim chances and fat chances mean the same thing?
26. Does God believe that Atheism exists?
27. Is the glass always half empty or half full?
28. If a kid becomes a parent, who becomes the kid then?
29. Is there any good time or good day to say ‘I love you’
30. What is a belief but can never be proven scientifically?
31. Are lies better than harsh truths?
32. Doesn’t everyone stop smoking, sooner or later in life?
33. Do the fountain of youth and that of knowledge rise from the same water body?
34. Do you think God exists?
35. When does the future start?
Tough Unanswerable Questions
Most of the time, it might not be a mistake because there are some questions that actually have no answers or because the person who posed the question might be playing a joke. Here are some tough unanswerable questions, regardless of the situation.
1. Did humans invent maths or discover maths?
2. When you forget a thought, where does it go?
3. If God invented humans, who created God?
4. Are child actors in adult-rated movies allowed to watch the film?
5. If you are bald, can you get dandruff?
6. What came first: the seed or the plant?
7. How do you know that you are not hallucinating?
8. At what time did time begin?
9. Which came first: the sun or the earth?
10. Is the opposite of opposite the same or opposite?
11. How do we know that a new dogfood has an “improved taste”?
12. If heaps of cats are lying on top of each other, is it still called a dog pile?
13. Is it okay for an endangered animal to eat an endangered plant?
14. Why is there a fridge light but no freezer light?
15. Does a staircase go up or down?
16. Can you have a daydream at night-time?
17. Can you yawn when you are asleep?
18. If the sky is the limit, then what is space?
19. Does a dentist go to other dentists for their teeth?
20. Why does the Easter Bunny bring eggs when rabbits don’t lay eggs?
21. Can a fish get seasick?
22. Why did the chicken cross the road?
23. How far east can you travel before you are travelling west?
24. Is there another word for “thesaurus”?
25. Why is a “manhole” round?
26. Are animals that don’t live in houses homeless?
27. How can a jellyfish stand up for itself when it has no backbone?
28. Why do we call them buildings if buildings are already built?
29. If you decide to be indecisive, which are you?
30. Why does Tarzan never have a beard?
31. Where do the missing socks go?
32. If a cave has a cave-in, is it still called a cave?
33. Do cannibals think clowns taste funny?
34. Why do we make exceptions to rules if we all should follow the rules?
35. How can you describe something indescribable?
36. Do you call “a fly” a fly if it can’t fly?
37. Why do we say spineless snake when a snake has a spine?
38. Are we living, or are we dying?
39. Who is the world in debt to if humans invented money?
40. Can someone blind from birth see in their dreams?
Philosophical Unanswerable Questions
There is much to consider about human life, the universe, and everything around you. This also provide you with some excellent conversation starters whether you want to start a philosophical discussion or just normal discussion. With this list of unanswerable philosophical questions, get ready to be perplexed.
1. Why isn’t the caps lock capitalized?
2. Is karma real or just a human construct?
3. Why is there no pine or apple in pineapple?
4. What shape is the sky?
5. At what point did time begin?
6. Why do black lights look purple?
7. Why are elderly people often called “old people” but children are never called “new people”?
8. If you dig a hole through the center of the earth, come out on the other side, and then let go, would you be falling down or floating up?
9. If ketchup is good on French fries, how come it isn’t good on mashed potatoes?
10. Why do we drive on the parkway and park on the driveway?
11. Do people who use sign language see little hands in their head when they think about what somebody said, or do they hear the words in their head?
12. If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?
13. Why do we say we’re head over heels when we’re happy? Isn’t that the way we normally are?
14. What comes after cryptocurrencies?
15. Do spirits exist?
16. Where does the future come from?
17. Where do all the daylight savings hours go?
18. Why does the Easter bunny carry eggs? Rabbits don’t lay eggs.
19. Why is it that no matter what color of bubble bath you use the bubble is always white?
20. Why are dandelions considered weeds when daisies are considered flowers?
21. How come they don’t add the time that we are in our mom’s to our age?
22. Why do people squint their eyes when they can’t see? wouldn’t that just make it less space to see out of?
23. If you had fun while you were wasting time, can you still say that you wasted time?
24. If you love haters, does that make you a hater and will you hate yourself?
25. Do stairs wind up or down?
26. If killing people is wrong, then why do we kill people that kill people?
27. Is money real or just a value and faith we place on it?
28. Why do we base our age on the number of times we went around a burning ball of gas?
29. We can measure the speed of light. How do we measure the speed of darkness?
30. Why did we decide to give February just 28 days when lots of other months have 31 days? couldn’t we have just taken some of the 31st days from other months and added them to February?
31. Do we really learn and improve from our mistakes?
Interesting Unanswerable Questions
Life doesn’t have to be so serious; occasionally, you just need to see things from a new angle! Hopefully, these interesting unanswerable questions will make your day a little better. Check them out!
1. Where does our future go after we face it?
2. What happens to our future if we die tomorrow?
3. Was it easier to love in the early 1900s?
4. Why is death inevitable?
5. Can anyone cry underwater?
6. Why do you recite at a play and play at a recital?
7. Has destiny led you to the important purpose in your life or have you directly willed it?
8. Can you honestly define what is good and what is evil in life?
9. If life in the universe ends this year, will humanoids exist on the planet?
10. Are bad people important for the balance of the universe?
11. Is human creativity infinite or bounded?
12. Why is it called a TV set when you just have a single tv?
13. How far off you can go towards the west before going east?
14. If you hit yourself and get hurt, are you strong or are you weak?
15. Are we living longer or dying slowly?
16. Do deaf people hear what they think?
17. Is French kissing called French kissing in France?
18. Who decided the alphabetical order and why isn’t it changed?
19. Do blind people also dream?
20. Why is the work done by doctors called ‘practice’ and not doctor work?
21. If two left-handed individuals fight, who comes out as right?
22. How many planets are there in the entire universe?
23. When you trip down the stairs, are your feet up or down?
24. Can you measure the depth of your love?
25. Are eternal and infinity the same thing?
26. Is morality a fad, a reality, or a synonym of faith?
27. Can you ever define your character the way others see it?
28. Will humans ever be able to measure the weight of truth?
29. Can humans truly understand the nature of reality?
Unanswerable Questions That Make No Sense
There is amusement in confusion. The majority of the questions that make no sense on this list are open-ended and force you to think critically, but a few will leave you perplexed. So, choose a couple from this list and pose them as an open-ended question to keep your friends and family busy with interesting discussions.
1. Isn’t good health just a slower rate at which to die?
2. What do people who are born deaf hear when they think?
3. How far up do bald people go when they wash their face?
4. If you punch yourself and it hurts, are you wear or are you strong?
5. Why is it that if a premature baby is born earlier than a full-term baby, the preemie is considered older despite existing for a shorter period of time?
6. If someone had a brain transplant, do they become the owner of the body or retain the memories of the brain owner?
7. What do we enjoy the most between s#x and love?
8. If you expect the unexpected, doesn’t that make the unexpected expected?
9. How is it possible that the world is in debt?
10. How important do you have to be to be considered assassinated and not just murdered?
11. Did the world start with the day or night?
12. Are we living or slowly dying?
13. If a person dies at sea and only their arm is recovered, how would he be displayed in a casket? Does it need to be a full sized casket?
14. If a baby’s butt pops out of its mother at 11:59 PM, and the head comes out at 12:01 AM, what day will the baby be declared to be born on?
15. How come some couples end up resembling each other after years of marriage?
16. Why is Goofy considered a person and Pluto considered a pet when they’re both dogs anyway?
17. Can blind people dream?
18. Did we have seeds or the plant first?
19. When they say that something is ‘new and improved’, how can it be improved if it’s new? What is it improving on?
20. Why is the objective of golf to play the least amount of golf?
21. If a vampire bites a zombie, does the zombie become a vampire or does the vampire become a zombie?
22. If God created Adam and Eve, did they have belly buttons?
23. Why do we hit our hands together when we like something? (clapping)
24. Where do human emotions reside – the heart or brain? Why do we feel heartbreak in our stomachs and chest and not in the head?
25. When you get to heaven, do you look as you do at the age that you die?
26. Why do people say that they ‘slept like a baby’ if they slept through the night when babies are known for not sleeping?
27. Why is the alphabetical order that way? Who said that that’s the order that it had to be?
28. If you took a ship and replaced all of its parts until none of the original parts are intact anymore, is it the same ship or a completely different ship?
29. What shape is your field of vision?
30. How do you know that you see colors the same way that another person sees them? For instance, what if what’s red to you is blue to them, but they still call it red?
31. Is your answer to this question ‘no’?
32. Is it truly ethical to kill another animal for your food? Do vegetarian activists have a point?
33. Isn’t the word ‘queue’ just the letter Q followed by four silent letters?
34. What would a room made of mirrors look like if there was nothing inside that room to create a reflection?
35. Was there ever a time when nothing existed or has something always been in existence?
36. If a cyclops were to close its eye, is it winking or blinking?
37. Is a body transplant just the same as a brain transplant?
38. What is the color of a mirror?
39. Are there instances where animals commit suicide?
40. Which arm rest is yours in the movie theater?
Unanswerable Questions on TikTok
At some point in our life, we have all encountered a question that cannot be answered. However, the most of the time these are still the same, age-old jokes like “Chicken or egg, what came first?” If you want to challenge your TikTok fans, use these funny unanswerable questions on TikTok because they cannot answer them as they have never been asked before.
1. Why do noses run but feet smell?
2. Why do they say that you have a cold when your temperature goes up?
3. If you drop your soap on the floor, does the floor become clean or does the soap become dirty?
4. Isn’t it that when you wait for the waiter to come back with your order, you become the waiter in the process?
5. Why is it said only a penny for your thoughts when our thoughts are highly valued?
6. Was their life on the moon before we figured out how to reach it? Did everyone on the moon go into hiding?
7. Do fountains ever waste any water?
8. Why aren’t houses ever recycled?
9. Which orange was invented first, the color or the fruit?
10. Can we decide to love and not to or does love come automatically?
11. Why is it said screaming on top of your lungs when we use our mouth to scream?
12. How often should one visit the temple to achieve entry to heaven?
13. What came first, the seed, or the fruit?
14. Why isn’t it proved yet if neutrinos have mass?
15. Often called high energy particles, what gives life to them?
16. What will happen when the earth’s temperature crosses 100 degrees Celsius?
17. Why are roads less traveled by and not paths?
18. How many people can remember the atomic table for their entire lives?
19. When you buy something that’s made in China while you’re in China, does it still have the made in China tag?
20. If the early bird gets the worm, why do good things come to those who wait?
21. If you hate haters, does that make you a hater and will you hate yourself?
22. What would happen if Pinocchio said ‘My nose will grow now’?
23. If the fountain of youth can make you live forever, can you drown in it and still die?
24. If Cinderella’s shoe fit her perfectly, then why did it fall off?
25. Who taught the first ever teacher?
26. If nothing is impossible, then would it be possible for something to be impossible?
27. When all is said and done, would you have said more than you have done?
28. If a tree fell in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
29. How did the person who invented the calendar know what day it was?
30. If the number 2 pencil is the most popular, why is it number 2?
31. What was the first man to milk a cow trying to do?
32. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, will we ever know it?
33. Do butterflies know that they’re were caterpillars before?
34. If God sneezed, what would you say?
35. If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?
36. If life is so short, why do we do things that we don’t like and like so many things that we don’t do?
37. What are dreams and where do they come from?
38. If revenge is a dish that’s best served cold, and revenge is sweet, then is revenge ice cream?
39. Why are they called buildings if they’re already built?
Unanswerable Questions about Life
Philosophically speaking, the saying “Impossible means I’m Possible” may be true. However, some questions genuinely become unanswerable. They may serve as conversation starters, and occasionally they are amusing enough to make you chuckle. Stroll down this list of some unanswerable questions about life to choose from.
1. If you choke a smurf, what color would it turn into?
2. If quantum mechanics is a law, what is quantum gravity?
3. What can guarantee that your time has not been altered by anyone?
4. Why do we fail and succeed in life?
5. Why is it called rush hour when it is actually the slowest time of the day due to heavy traffic?
6. Why do people use driver’s licenses to purchase alcohol, when you can’t drive after drinking?
7. When will human cloning become a safe option?
8. Why is the weak force weak and not forceful?
9. Can you define nothing?
10. Why do we say ‘cheese’ when our photos are taken?
11. Why don’t tomb, comb, bomb, and womb sound similar?
12. Do your achievements end when we die? Erased from existence?
13. Should the world have more countries or fewer ones?
14. Is citizenship something that should be gamified?
15. Can poverty be erased while keeping the social construct intact?
16. Will the current government model last after 500 years?
17. Why does Donald duck wear everything but pants?
18. What brings cosmologists and particle physicists together?
19. What are the primordial degrees of freedom of string theory?
20. Do you get stuck in heaven/hell in the same clothes you died in?
21. Is the big rip related to the big bang only?
22. Is there a limit to the smartness of an individual?
23. Do you think humans will be able to download their brains into computers?
24. Would you be hungry after eating antipasto?
25. Can there be a world with zero hypothetical situations?
Unanswerable Questions to Ask Your Friends
Everyone is seeking the reality. EVERYONE! However, there are occasions when a truth is so deeply buried that we choose to ignore it in the vain hope that as human intellect advances, we may one day be able to find these solutions. Let’s all keep thinking to find answers for these unanswerable questions to ask your friends until then.
1. Why isn’t there pine or apple in a pineapple?
2. Who defined good, bad, right, and wrong?
3. Why should we set goals if we are all going to die anyway?
4. Chicken or egg – What came first?
5. Does freedom really exist for everyone?
6. When did you think time began?
7. Can nuclear forces stop existing ever?
8. Can you quantitatively measure talent?
9. Can happiness ever be an end goal of life?
10. Why do fruit flavors never smell the way the actual fruit smells?
11. If we say ‘the sky’s the limit’; what do we call space then?
12. If an ambulance is rushing to save someone and runs someone over, will they stop to save them or not?
13. Can you ever be cornered in a round room?
14. Do circular beds ever have corners to fall off from?
15. Who tests and confirms if Dog food is ever improved?
16. Is a male ladybird called a man bird?
17. Why do bars have parking when drinking and driving are illegal?
18. Do you think the earth is a living organism on the inside?
19. Do you think anyone of the human race will ever be able to travel towards the center of the earth?
20. Can a homeless kid ever be given homework?
21. How much can you control the most important moment in your life?
22. Life after death, is it a possibility?
23. Why is abbreviation a long word to use?
24. Why doesn’t Tarzan ever have a beard?
25. Who decided to put and use the letter ‘s’ in the word ‘lisp’?
26. Why can an adult say that they ‘slept like a baby’ but a baby can never sleep like an adult?
27. Can the universe ever expand? If yes, to what?
28. Do soul mates happen by luck or are they nurtured into existing?
29. Why are you here in this path of life, at this exact point in your life?
30. What happens to an idea when you forget it?
31. Is knowledge good, bad, or neutral?
32. Will it be easier to be successful in the future or in the past?
33. Is there any connection between misbehavior and anonymity?
34. If a zombie bites a vampire, do both become vampires or both become zombies?
35. Do dogs also name their owners?
How to Answer Unanswerable Questions
Anyone can ask you these unanswerable questions, including your interviewer, your leader, or your teacher. However, just because something is deemed “unanswerable” doesn’t prevent you from having an honest opinion about it.
Even if a question is impossible to answer, you can nevertheless demonstrate your mastery of the subject by taking any of the following carefully considered actions:
1. Request a second chance to ask the question
Whenever someone asks you impossible questions to answer, you can buy some time before you answer by asking for the query to be repeated. You clearly heard the question the first time, and your mind has already begun to process what you probably believe to be the correct response.
Additionally, it’s possible that the question will be posed again with more precision, making it simpler for you to try answering it.
2. Request for clarification
If you’re still unsure that you’ve everything that needs to be explained, you can politely request a clarification. For example, “Would you mind repeating the question? I want to be certain I have everything.
3. Respond to the question in sections
For multifaceted questions that are impossible to answer, this works best. Break down the many parts of the question and begin addressing them in order of least known to unknown.
4. As you respond to the question, talk about it
Show how informed you are about the topic by dishing out what you already know by beginning with what you already know about the question. Create a link between this and the other aspect of the question that you are unfamiliar with. At this point, you can, of course, admit that you are unfamiliar with the other aspect of the question.
5. Select compassion over criticism
When asked such questions, try not to become overly defensive. Maintain an open dialogue and put compassion first. Keep reminding yourself to be understanding and considerate of those that approach you. Don’t forget about people’s emotions or dismiss their suspicions. Be sincere while also being sympathetic.
Final Thoughts on Unanswerable Questions
The unanswerable questions are excellent icebreakers while getting to know someone, for introducing a speech, or simply to add excitement to a dull conversation:
These questions that are impossible to answer are certain to generate thoughtful debates and get your friends or family thinking. They’re also wonderful for breaking up awkward talks when you’re bored or out of things to say.
These unanswerable questions aim to influence someone else’s thoughts. People attempt to answer the questions, even though no one actually knows the answers. Only those who are genius, or those who believe they are intelligent, can genuinely respond to these.
That concludes our attempt to provide an answer to the unanswerable! There are undoubtedly many more questions of this nature; if you are aware of any such, please let us know.
We did our best, but if you think you could have answered these questions more accurately than we did, you’re probably correct! Drop your feedback in our comments section below!