Geography quiz questions are a great way to test your world knowledge and see how much you know about different countries, cities, states, and continents. This article will cover geography quiz questions for all levels of difficulty.
Geography trivia questions can make geography more fun and exciting for students. They can be as simple as asking them to name the capital of France or as complicated as trying to figure out the population of an African country.
Some people use geography questions for entertainment. They enjoy finding out where certain places are located on a map. However, there is also a more serious side to geography quizzes. Geography quizzes are often used in schools and other educational settings because they effectively teach students about different parts of the world.
Check out our category-wise list of questions at all levels!
Best Geography Quiz Questions
The best geography quiz questions ask students to identify countries, capitals, and other geographical features. These are the types of questions students should expect when they take an exam. Here are the best geography trivia questions:
1. What is the only country that borders the United Kingdom?
2. What is the capital city of Spain?
3. What is the capital city of Australia?
4. What is the capital city of Egypt?
5. Ninety percent of the Earth’s population lives in which hemisphere?
Answer: The Northern Hemisphere.
6. In which country would you find the city of Dresden?
7. What would you call someone from Sudan?
8. What is the official currency of India?
Answer: Indian Rupee.
9. What is the state capital of New York?
10. How many large islands make up Hawaii?
11. In which U.S. state can the world’s tallest trees be found?
12. What is the largest U.S. state by area?
13. What was the original capital of the U.S.?
Answer: New York City.
14. How many states does the Mississippi River run through?
15. What is the most visited paid attraction in the UK?
Answer: Tower of London.
16. In which city can you find the Old Trafford Stadium?
17. What is the most visited free attraction in the UK?
Answer: British Museum.
18. Which organization manages Stonehenge?
Answer: English Heritage.
19. What is the name of the rope bridge in Northern Ireland?
20. Which natural British landmark is made of basalt columns?
Answer: Giant’s Causeway.
21. Where did Mary Queen of Scots give birth to James VI?
Answer: Edinburgh Castle.
22. What are the white cliffs of Dover made of?
23. What is the name of the aqueduct in Wrexham, Wales?
Answer: Pontcysyllte Aqueduct.
24. Which English county is known for its Jurassic Coast?
25. Which national trust castle is located just outside of Welshpool?
Answer: Powis Castle.
26. Belfast is home to the tallest building on the island of Ireland, what is the name of this tower?
Answer: The Obel Tower.
27. What is the name of the river that flows through Dublin?
Answer: The Liffy.
28. What is the city that sits in the shadow of Mt Vesuvius?
29. Name the continents of the world
Answer: Antartica, Asia, Europe, Africa, North America, South America, Oceania.
30. What large-scale ecosystem would you expect to find at the Equator?
Answer: Tropical rainforests.
31. What piece of equipment is used to measure earthquakes?
32. Which South American country has 10 bordering countries?
35. What is the smallest country in the world?
Answer: Vatican City.
36. What is the southernmost city in the world?
37. What is the ‘newest’ nation in the world?
Answer: South Sudan.
Random Geography Quiz Questions
A random geography quiz can come from anywhere on the globe. It will help you know a wide range of geographical knowledge of the world. So, are you ready? Let’s get started with geography trivia:
1. What is the name of the highest uninterrupted waterfall in the world?
Answer: Angel Falls.
2. Can you name the Earth’s five oceans?
Answer: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, and Southern.
3. Which river flows through the Grand Canyon?
Answer: Colorado River.
4. What country is home to Mount Everest?
5. In which U.S. state is Niagara Falls located?
Answer: New York.
6. What is the highest man-made structure ever built?
Answer: Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
7. Which lake has a famous mythical creature named after it?
Answer: Loch Ness.
8. .Which country has the most pyramids in the world?
9 .What is the name of the only sea that doesn’t have a coastline?
Answer: Sargasso Sea.
10. What are the names of South Africa’s three capital cities?
Answer: Cape Town, Pretoria, and Bloemfontein.
11. How many time zones does Australia have?
12. Which continent is in all four hemispheres?
13. What is The Netherlands also called?
14. Can you name a four-letter country in Africa?
Answer: Chad, Mali, or Togo.
15. After Alaska, which U.S. state has the longest coastline?
16. What is the least populated U.S. state?
17. Which is the only state with a one-syllable name?
18. What razor-thin country accounts for more than half of the western coastline of South America?
19. How many states does Mexico have?
20. What is the longest continental mountain range in the world?
Answer: The Andes.
21. How many continents do we have?
22. How many countries do we have in the world today?
Answer: 195 Countries.
23. Which two states have the privilege of acting like countries in the UN yet they aren’t full countries?
Answer: Palestine and the Holy See.
24. Which country has the fewest people compared to its land size?
25. What is the largest inland lake in the world?
Answer: Lake Baikal.
26. What is Lake Baikal best known for?
Answer: It is the oldest lake in the world and the least polluted.
27. In which country do we find the Finger of God?
28. Most places along the equator don’t experience snow, except which place?
Answer: The Kilimanjaro.
29. What is the youngest country in the world today?
30. Which country has the highest number of inhabited Islands?
31. Which country owns more land overseas than its home landmass area?
32. What is the single longest rail line route in the world?
Answer: The Trans-Siberian Railway.
33. Where do we find the Table Mountains?
Answer: South Africa.
Fun Geography Quiz Questions
Don’t worry if you don’t know the answer while playing the geography trivia questions game. Guessing different answers will be fun for you as well as learning. So, please select your favorite one from our list of fun geography quiz questions and have fun!
1. Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest.
2. Which is the latitude that runs through the centre of the Earth?
3. What are the names of the 5 oceans of the world?
Answer: Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and Arctic Ocean.
6. Which is the largest waterfall in the world?
Answer: Victoria Falls.
7. Which is the largest desert in the world?
Answer: Sahara Desert.
8. What are the branches of a river called?
10. What heats the water in a hot spring?
11. Which is the coldest continent in the world?
12. Where are auroras most clearly visible?
Answer: Finland, northern Greenland, and Antarctica.
13. How many countries do the Sahara desert cover?
Answer: 11 Countries.
14. What is Gobustan in Azerbaijan best known for?
Answer: Rock art cultural landscape.
15. Geographically, which place is the very center of the earth’s surface?
16. How many countries do the Great Rift Valley pass cross?
Answer: Seven countries.
17. What is the oldest country on the planet right now according to historical records?
18. What is the longest country on earth?
19. Which countries have more than one capital city?
Answer: South Africa.
20. What is the capital city of North Korea?
21. Which country has no active volcano?
22. Which river flows for hundreds of kilometers then disappears into the ground?
Answer: The Lost River.
23. What is the flattest state in America?
24. Which capital city has the longest name?
Answer: Bangkok, Thailand.
25. What is the tallest mountain in North America?
26. What is the tallest mountain in South America?
27. Apart from Alaska, what is the second largest state in the US by landmass?
28. What is the largest country in the Caribbean?
29. What is the largest country in the Arabian Peninsula?
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
30. What is the largest country in Africa?
31. How many countries make up the Arabian Peninsula?
Answer: Seven countries.
32. How many countries make up Scandinavia?
Answer: Three countries.
33. What makes up an archipelago?
Answer: Archipelagos are a group of islands dotting a sea, lake, rivers, or ocean.
34. What is the only cold desert in Africa?
Answer: Namib desert.
35. What is the largest desert in the Americas?
Answer: The Patagonian desert.
36. What is the flattest country on earth?
Answer: The Maldives.
37. What separates Australia from New Zealand?
Answer: The Tasman Sea.
Good Geography Quiz Questions
Geography is a vital part of our daily lives. It helps us understand the world we live in and is also an important subject in school. Good Geography quiz questions will help children learn about different countries, capitals, rivers, and mountains. Here are fantastic geography quiz with answers:
1. What is the capital city of Argentina?
Answer: Buenos Aires.
2. What is the capital city of South Korea?
3. What country has the largest population in the world?
4. What is the largest capital city in North America?
Answer: Mexico City.
5. Where is the driest place on Earth?
Answer: The Atacama Desert in northern Chile.
6. What is the world’s largest island?
7. Which country has the longest coastline in the world?
8. What is the largest ocean in the world?
Answer: The Pacific Ocean.
9. What is the world’s shortest river?
Answer: Roe River.
10. Which city is the world’s most densely populated?
Answer: Manila, Philippines.
11. Where is the largest volcano on Earth located?
12. What is the capital city of Sweden?
13. What is the capital city of Uzbekistan?
14. How many countries are present in Africa?
Answer: 54 countries.
15. Which planet is closest to Planet Earth?
16. What erupts from a volcano?
Answer: Lava, steam, ash, pieces of rock, and gaseous sulfur compounds.
17. What is the name of the strait that separates the north and south islands of New Zealand?
Answer: Cook strait.
18. Which is the direction at which wind blows?
Answer: Leeward direction.
19. The ‘Roof’ of the world is referred to which place?
Answer: Pamir knot.
20. What is the currency in Cambodia?
21. What is dew point?
Answer: The temperature at which dew begins to evaporate.
22. How do you measure the speed of wind?
23. Name the river that is not crossed by any bridges.
24. Which is the world’s largest port?
Answer: Port of Shanghai.
25. Name the city that is located in two countries.
26. What type of mountain is Kilimanjaro?
Answer: A volcanic mountain.
29. What type of mountain are the Himalayas?
Answer: Fold mountain.
30. In which country is the Brandenburg Gate located?
Answer: Berlin, Germany.
31. Which country today is known to be the home to the ancient Inca civilization?
32. In which country is the ancient city of Teotihuacan located?
33. Where do we find Macau?
Answer: Macau is an Island southern coast of mainland China and west of Hong Kong.
34. Which region is believed to be the cradle of Mankind?
Answer: East and South Africa.
35. Which African country borders both the Atlantic and the Mediterranean Sea?
36. What is the North’s most country on earth?
Answer: Greenland (Denmark).
37. What is the southernmost country on earth?
Easy Geography Quiz Questions
Geography is a field of study that is not only interesting but also practical. Take a start with easy geography trivia questions to be competent in this field. Please don’t skip the geography general knowledge quiz to understand the world and its structure better.
1. Which line separates Indian and China?
Answer: Mac-Mahon line.
2. Name the current that increases temperatures in western Europe?
Answer: North Equatorial current.
3. Which country produces maximum aluminium in the world?
4. In which direction does the geostationary satellite rotate?
Answer: West to east.
5. Where can you find the Puna grassland ecoregion?
Answer: Andes mountains, South America.
6. Where can you find the ‘Desert of Death’?
Answer: Dasht-e Margo, Afghanistan.
7. What is the term used for lines used to join places with the same mean temperature?
8. What type of deserts are Gobi desert and Atacama desert?
Answer: Rainshadow deserts.
9. Which region can be called the belt of Doldrums?
Answer: Equatorial region.
10. What is the study of landforms called?
11. What type of rock is granite?
Answer: Intrusive igneous rock.
12. On which day of the year is the Sun closest to the Earth?
Answer: January 4th.
13. What is the southernmost city on earth?
Answer: Puerto Williams.
14. Which country has the most of the natural lakes?
15. What’s the smallest state of the US?
Answer: Rhode Island.
16. Which state is the Lake Winnebago situated?
17. What’s the longest river in the United States?
18. Where is the mountain Mauna Kea located?
19. In which U.S. State the Atlantic City is located?
Answer: New Jersey.
20. Name the main Island of Japan?
21. Where is the Mountain Lhotse situated?
22. Who owns the land of Antarctica?
Answer: No one.
23. What is the capital city of Bermuda?
24. What is the largest city on earth?
Answer: Tokyo, Japan.
25. What is the largest city by surface area in America?
Answer: Sitka, Alaska.
26. Name three Hawaiian Islands you know of?
Answer: Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Hawaii.
27. What is the capital of Mauritius?
Answer: Port Louis.
28. What is the most populous country in Africa?
29. In Canada, which city is the Big Nickel in?
Answer: Sudbury, Ontario.
30. What year is on the flag of the Wisconsin?
31. How many countries border Kyrgyzstan?
32. Which country are the Hunua Ranges located?
Answer: New Zealand.
33. What is the Finnish word for Finland?
34. What is the tallest mountain in Canada?
Answer: Mount Logan.
35. What is Canada’s largest island?
Answer: Baffin Island.
Hard Geography Quiz Questions
Geography is a vast subject that encompasses many different areas. Hard geography trivia questions can be challenging if you don’t know enough about various countries and their geographical history. However, it will be fruitful if you go through a geography trivia quiz:
1. In which country is the Eyjafjallajökull volcano located, whose eruption in 2010 has affected air flights?
2. In which US city would you find Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx?
Answer: New York.
3. Which trains travel to Europe from St Pancras Station?
4. What boat is highly associated with the canals?
5. In which national park are Windermere, Coniston Water, and Ullswater found?
Answer: The Lake District.
6. Which state/territory of Australia is an island?
7. What is the largest of the Channel Islands?
8. Which is the only bascule bridge in London, whose road can be raised from either side to allow ships to pass through?
Answer: Tower Bridge.
9. Mount Kilimanjaro is located in which continent?
10. What river flows through the Grand Canyon?
11. How many countries surround the Czech Republic?
Answer: Four — Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria.
12. In which country would you find the Taj Mahal?
13. Where did people in the mountains of Austria keep their farm animals?
14. What are horizontal and vertical imaginary lines around the earth called?
Answer: Latitudes and Longitudes.
15. Which country shares the same peninsula as Spain?
16. The United Kingdom consists of England, Scotland, Wales, and which other region?
Answer: Northern Ireland.
17. What is Ben Nevis?
Answer: It’s a Scottish mountain and the tallest in Great Britain.
18. Which country is called the Land of Rising Sun?
19. What is the only country through which both the equator and the Tropic of Capricorn pass?
20. What was the name of the supercontinent of 200 million years ago?
21. Which state did the US purchase from Russia?
22. In which country is the Yellow River, also known as Huang He, located?
23. Is Australia in the northern or the southern hemisphere?
24. Which country has Montevideo as its capital city?
25. Which country is nicknamed ‘The Cockpit of Europe’ because of the number of battles throughout history fought on its soil?
Tricky Geography Quiz Questions
How do you know if your child is learning the right geography? There are many ways to find out, but one of the most common ways is by asking them to take tricky geography quiz questions. If they can answer these questions correctly, it is a sign that they are learning what they need. Here are some tricky geography quiz questions for kids.
1. What is the capital of Malta?
2. What country is the newest in the world to be recognized by the UN?
Answer: South Sudan (2011).
3. In which UK city would you find the river Clyde?
4. What is the oldest recorded town in the UK?
5. If you travelled to the city of Volgograd, which country would be in?
6. What is the name of the largest river to flow through Paris?
Answer: The Seine.
7. What did Ceylon change its name to in 1972?
Answer: Sri Lanka.
8. What is the most populous city in the US state of Illinois?
9. What is the highest mountain in Britain?
Answer: Ben Nevis.
10. The world’s first national park was established in 1872 in which country?
Answer: USA, Yellowstone.
11. What is the capital of Peru?
12. Mount Vesuvius casts a shadow over which modern Italian city?
13. There are three US states with just four letters in their name: can you name them?
Answer: Utah, Iowa, Ohio.
14. What is the currency of Sweden?
Answer: Swedish Krona.
15. To what country to the Canary Islands belong?
16. What is the capital of Canada?
17. How many states are there in Australia?
Answer: Six – New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, Tasmania, South Australia.
19. What African country has the largest population?
20. Constantinople and Byzantium are former names of which major city?
21. What is the longest river in the UK?
Answer: River Severn.
22. How many boroughs are there in New York City?
Answer: Five – The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.
23. In which city would you find La Sagrada Familia?
24. What is the largest desert in the world?
25. What is the highest peak in Africa?
Answer: Mount Kilimanjaro.
26. Which London Underground line is represented as green on the tube map?
27. In which European city would you find Manneken Pis – a statue of a small boy urinating into a fountain?
28. How many countries still have the shilling as currency?
Answer: The District Line.
29. What is the name of the microstate located between Spain and France?
30. On the London Tube network, which is the only station to begin with the letter i?
31. To the nearest billion, how large is the world’s population?
Answer: 8 billion (The figure is roughly 7.8 billion).
Funny Geography Quiz Questions
A geography quiz can be funny or serious, depending on the difficulty you want it to be. The following are some funny geography quiz questions that will help you test your knowledge on this subject:
1. In which country is the Leaning Tower of Pisa located?
2. What is Belgium’s nickname?
Answer: The Cockpit of Europe.
3. What country has pyramids older than Egypt?
4. Which country covers the 9 percent of the fresh water of the world?
5. How much is the maximum limit of mountains in England?
Answer: One Thousand Meters.
6. How many seas border continent Asia?
7. How many oceans border continent Asia?
8. How many countries share their border with Russia?
9. Where is Nanga Parbat situated?
10. Which only city is present in Asia and Europe?
11. Name the smallest continent of the world.
12. How long is the Great Barrier Reef of Australia?
Answer: 1200 Miles.
13. Which river runs through Baghdad?
Answer: River Tigris.
14. Where is the Monge Waterfall situated?
15. Name the smallest desert of the world.
Answer: Carcross Desert.
16. What is the highest point in France?
Answer: Mont Blanc.
17. How many parks are there in the UK?
18. In which continent Himalaya mountain range is situated?
19. Name the largest country in the world by area.
20. Where is Arabian desert situated?
Answer: West Asia.
21. How many countries are included in North America?
22. How much area of Egypt is acquired by the River Nile?
Answer: 22 percent.
23. What strait divides Morocco and Spain?
Answer: Strait of Gibraltar.
24. Where is Thar Desert situated?
25. Fill in the Blank. The UK is the _____ largest Island of the World.
26. How many borders the UK shares with Northern Island.
27. How many oceans have a coast on Russia?
28. Name the countries which made up United Kingdom.
Answer: England, Scotland, Northern Island, and Wales.
29. Name the country which has a boot-shaped?
30. Where is the River Amazon situated?
31. Name the animals which are present nowhere than Australia.
Answer: Kangaroo and Koala.
Interesting Geography Quiz Questions
Geography is a fascinating subject, and it has always been one of my favorites. Growing up in a small town, I found the world an exciting place with so many discoveries waiting to be made. The following are some interesting geography quiz questions that will test your knowledge of the world around us.
1. Which continent is often described as ‘the peninsula of peninsulas’?
2. Little Havana and Little Haiti are districts of which city?
3. What is the capital of Kosovo?
4. How many countries are member states of the United Nations?
5. What does USSR stand for?
Answer: Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.
6. Which country used to be known as Dutch Guiana?
7. In which sea does the Volga discharge?
Answer: The Caspian Sea.
8. In which country can you find Hamilton Island, Phillip Island and Whitsunday Island?
9. In which Australian state is Adelaide?
Answer: South Australia.
10. What is the former name of Ho Chi Minh City?
11. In which country is Lake Ladoga?
12. Which chain of mountains would you find between Europe and Asia?
Answer: The Urals.
13. Which US states share a border with California (1 point each)?
Answer: Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona.
14. Which three countries are part of the Golden Triangle (0.5 point each)?
Answer: Thailand, Laos and Myanmar.
15. What is the highest mountain in India?
Answer: Kang chenjunga.
16. What is the largest of the three Baltic states?
17. What is the largest island in the Caribbean Sea?
18. Which colours are on the Jamaican flag?
Answer: Green, Yellow and Black.
19. Which two countries are on the island of Hispaniola (1 point each)?
Answer: Hispaniola and Haiti.
20. Which US states make New England (0.5 point each)?
Answer: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.
21. Port-au-Prince is the capital of which country?
22. Which sea can you find in Azerbaijan?
Answer: Caspian Sea.
23. Which border runs across the summit of Mount Everest?
24. What is the capital of New Caledonia?
25. When was Latvia admitted to the European Union?
26. Which one of the following countries is not on the Baltic sea?
27. How many time zones span the USA?
28. In which country can you find the islands of Saaremaa and Hiiumaa?
29. Which country does not share a border with France?
30. Which country has the most time zones?
31. Which one of the following London landmarks is not a UNESCO World Heritage site?
Answer: Tower Bridge.
32. Which country is not home to the Amazon River?
33. What was the first national park in Australia?
Answer: Royal National Park.
US Geography Quiz Questions
The US geography trivia questions are designed to test the participants’ knowledge of US geography. This section will be looking at some of the most popular US geography trivia questions.
1. Can you name the highest mountain peak in North America?
Answer: Denali in Alaska.
2. Name the five West Pacific States?
Answer: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington.
3. Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park are both in which state?
4. The distinctive Cape Cod peninsula is in which American state?
5. Which river is the longest in North America?
Answer: The Missouri River (139 miles longer than the Mississippi!).
6. What is the name the highest summit of the Rocky Mountains?
Answer: Mount Elbert.
7. Washington DC is not a state and was established in 1790 from land belonging to which two states?
Answer: Maryland and Virginia.
8. Can you name the five Great Lakes? And which is the only one that is entirely within U.S. territory?
Answer: Superior, Huron, Michigan, Erie and Ontario. Lake Michigan is entirely within U.S. territory.
9. Which city is the most populated city in the Southern United States, and the, fourth most populous in the USA?
10. There are four time zones for the continental United States – name them?
Answer: Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific.
11. In which state are The Adirondack Mountains?
Answer: New York State.
12. New England is a region comprising six states in the northeastern United States – can you name the states?
Answer: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.
13. Death Valley is a valley in Eastern California in which desert?
Answer: Mojave Desert.
14. Which four American states border Mexico?
Answer: California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
15. Which mountain range rising along the Tennessee–North Carolina border and a subrange of the Appalachian Mountains, also gives its name to the most-visited national park in the USA?
Answer: The Great Smoky Mountains.
16. The Grand Canyon is a steep-sided canyon carved by the Colorado River in which state?
17. In 1870, what name was given to the first geyser to be named in Yellowstone National Park? And in which state is the park?
Answer: Old Faithful.
18. At 7,000 feet above sea level, which city is the highest U.S. state capital?
Answer: Santa Fe.
19. With its northern portion in Maryland and the southern part in Virginia, which bay is the largest estuary in the United States?
Answer: Chesapeake Bay.
20. Which salt water tidal estuary in New York City is actually not a river despite its name?
Answer: The East River.
21. Lake Tahoe is a large freshwater lake in which mountain range?
Answer: Sierra Nevada.
22. Name the only state capital with a population of more than one and a half million residents?
Answer: Phoenix (Arizona).
23. What name is given to the natural region of tropical wetlands in the southern portion of Florida?
Answer: The Everglades.
24. On March 27, 1980, a series of volcanic explosions came from which mountain in the State of Washington?
Answer: Mount St. Helens.
25. Which state is the fourth-largest state by area and the eighth-least populated state?
26. Which are the only two U.S. state capitals with rhyming names?
Answer: Boston and Austin.
World Geography Quiz Questions
The benefits of world geography quiz questions and answers are enormous. They help students learn new things about the world, such as different cultures and geographical features.
1. What is the only country with a coastline on both the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf?
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
2. Where in the British Isles is Lady Isabella, the world’s largest working water wheel?
Answer: Isle of Man.
4. What is the capital city of Slovenia, formerly part of the state of Yugoslavia?
5. Which European country shares its border with the most neighbours (nine)?
6. Which Asian country is bigger than France, Spain and Germany combined but has a population of little over two million?
7. What is Europe’s largest port?
Answer: Port of Rotterdam.
8. Hamilton is the capital of which island in the North Atlantic Ocean?
9. In which country is the UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis?
10. Of which country is Sofia the capital?
12. Which republic lies partly in Europe and partly in Asia?
13. Which stretch of water separates the Isle of Wights from mainland Britain?
Answer: The Solent.
14. What is the capital of Libya?
15. Which European capital city is divided by canals into about 90 islands joined by about 400 bridges?
16. In which US state is Harvard University?
17. In which ocean are the beautiful islands of Seychelles?
Answer: Indian Ocean.
18. What is the highest active volcano in Europe?
Answer: Mount Etna.
19. Brisbane is the capital of which Australian state?
20. Which European country is divided into 26 cantons, six of which are designated ‘semi-cantons’ but function as full cantons?
21. A sabra is a native of which country?
22. Which South American country has land borders with ten other countries?
23. A road tunnel runs from Pelerins in France to Entreves in Italy under which mountain?
Answer: Mont Blanc.
24. Name the only country through which both the Equator and the Tropic of Capricorn pass?
25. Riga is the capital city of which European country?
26. Apart from Dutch and French, what is the other official language of Belgium?
27. In which European country is the cathedral town of Teruel?
28. Which, by area, is the largest country in South America?
29. The Maritime Alps run along the border between which two countries?
Answer: France and Italy.
30. Which river forms part of the boundary between Mexico and the United States?
Answer: Rio Grande.
31. New Caledonia is a dependent state of which country?
32. Port Moresby is the capital of which country?
Answer: Papua New Guinea.
33. Which mountain range in Africa has the same name as a town in South Wales?
34. At 2,277 feet, Mount Botrange is the highest point of which European country?
35. Which river flows through Glasgow?
36. What is the world’s second-highest mountain after Everest, being situated in Asia?
37. Which sea in Northern Europe is bounded by several countries including Sweden, Finland, Poland and Germany?
Answer: The Baltic Sea.
Geography Quiz Questions for Kids
A geography quiz for kids is a fun way to learn more about the world we live in. It also helps children expand their knowledge of geography and history. They will be easy for kids and entertaining as well. Check the questions below:
1. How many continents are there?
2. The historical city of Timbuktu is in which West African country?
3. Which desert covers much of northern Africa?
Answer: The Sahara.
4. What is the capital of the State of Washington?
5. How many states are there in the United States?
6. Which country has the abbreviation “CH”?
7. Which Italian city is famous for its canals?
8. In which U.S. city would you find Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx?
Answer: New York City.
9. What are the only two countries to have a land border with the US?
Answer: Canada and Mexico.
10. What is the longest river in the world?
Answer: The Nile.
11. How many time zones does Russia have?
12. What is the largest (in area) state in the U.S.?
13. In what country would you find the Eiffel Tower?
14. Helsinki is the capital city of which country?
15. In what country would you find the Great Pyramids of Giza?
16. What is the capital of Thailand?
17. What is the largest sea in the world?
Answer: The Caspian Sea.
18. Which ocean lies between Africa, Australia and south of Asia?
Answer: The Indian Ocean.
19. Which large river flows through London?
Answer: The Thames.
20. What is the capital of Senegal?
21. Who was the first geographer?
22. What is the largest continent?
23. Which two countries share the longest border in the world?
Answer: The United States of America and Canada.
24. Which is the longest continental mountain range in the world?
Answer: The Andes in South America.
25. Which is the largest volcano in the world?
Answer: Mouna Loa in Hawaii.
26. Which American city is the Golden Gate Bridge in?
Answer: San Francisco.
27. Where is the area commonly known as the Bermuda Triangle?
Answer: The North Atlantic Ocean, between Florida and Puerto Rico.
28. What is the capital of the American state of Arizona?
29. The body of the Egyptian Sphinx was based on which animal?
30. How many federal states does Germany have?
31. What is the capital of Denmark?
32. What is the Polish city known to Germans as Danzig?
33. How many countries does the United Kingdom have?
34. What is the capital of Chile?
35. Kuala Lumpur is the capital of which country?
36. Which African country has Portuguese as its official language?
Geography Quiz Questions for Teens
Some teachers have found that geography trivia questions for teens are an effective method of teaching students about the subject. However, there is no age limit for this quiz. The following questions are the best ones for teens:
1. Where is red sea situated?
Answer: Between Asia and Africa.
2. What is the capital city of New Zealand?
3. Name the largest Peninsula of the world?
Answer: Arabian Peninsula.
4. In which continent the River Yenisey-Angara situated?
5. Name the world’s largest lake island?
Answer: Manitoulin Island.
6. How many rivers are in Russia?
7. India is how many times larger than Japan?
Answer: 8 times.
8. Name the coldest desert of the world?
Answer: Antarctic Polar desert.
9. Which is the greenest country in the world?
10. How many seas bordered the territory of Russia?
Answer: 12 seas.
11. How many sanctuaries are in Russia?
12. Which country of Europe has the highest population?
Answer: Russian Federation.
13. Name the largest Plateau in the world?
Answer: Tibetan Plateau.
14. Where is River Thames?
Answer: London, UK.
15. Which South Asian country is 12 times larger than UK?
16. Where the Aconcagua Mountain is situates?
Answer: South America.
17. Name the second smallest continent?
18. Which Scandinavian country lies between Norway and Finland?
19. Name the Pakistan’s longest river.
Answer: Indus River.
20. How many rivers are there in India?
21. Where is Hulun Lake situated?
Answer: Inner Mongolia.
22. Name the third smallest country by area.
23. Where is the Lake Torrens located?
Answer: South Australia.
24. In which region (continent) the Greenland Island is situated?
Answer: Arctic region.
25. Which Island state was formerly known as Formosa?
26. Which country owns the territory of Saint Pierre and Miquelon?
27. Which American State could fit the entire world’s population, inside?
28. What’s the second largest geographical name of any place?
Answer: Taumatawhakatangihangak oauauotamateaturipukaka pikimaungahoronukupokaiwhe Nua kitanatahu.
29. Which Mountain has the greatest Vertical drop?
Answer: Mt. Thor.
30. How high was the tallest Iceberg of the history?
Answer: 550 ft.
31. Which country is the home to Lake Kioga?
32. Name the continent formerly known as Alkebulan?
33. Chile shares majority of its border with which country?
34. Name the driest place on the planet.
35. What is the highest point of Greenland Island?
36. In which country the Lake Rudolf is situated?
37. Which place has no spot more than 125 miles for the ocean?
Answer: Central America.
38. What is the lowest geographical point of Mexico?
Answer: Laguna Salada.
39. Where is Qogir situated?
40. Where is the Lake Texcoco situated?
41. Which sea separates the East African coast and the Saudi Arabian Peninsula?
Answer: Red Sea.
42. How many main Islands are there in Bermuda country?
43. Which country surrounds Lesotho?
Answer: South Africa.
44. Which 2 countries have borders with 14 countries?
Answer: China and Russia.
45. What is the meaning of the word “Canada”?
Answer: Indian Village.
46. How many Caribbean Islands are inhabited?
Answer: 2 percent.
47. How high is the Mountain Puncak Juya?
Answer: 16,023 ft.
Geography Quiz Questions for Adults
The Geography Quiz Questions for Adults is the perfect game for adults who want to test their knowledge of world geography. Here are the best adult questions! Must read for astonishing geographical facts about the world:
1. What is the highest mountain in the UK?
Answer: Ben Nevis, Scotland.
2. What is the largest lake in the UK?
Answer: Lough Neagh, Northern Ireland.
3. Which countries are part of the United Kingdom?
Answer: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
4. Which country is not located in Great Britain?
Answer: Northern Ireland.
5. What is the longest canal in the UK?
Answer: The Grand Union Canal.
6. In which British country can you find the fastest zipline in the world?
Answer: Wales (Zip World Velocity).
7. What is the capital of Wales?
8. What is the smallest city in the UK (bonus point for the country)?
Answer: St David’s, Wales.
9. What is the smallest county in England?
Answer: City of London.
10. What is the highest mountain in Wales?
Answer: Mount Snowdon.
11. What is the name of the estuary located between Cardiff and Bristol?
Answer: Severn Estuary.
12. How tall is Mam Tor, Peak District?
Answer: 517 metres.
13. How tall is Pen-Y-Fan, Brecon Beacons?
Answer: 886 metres.
14. Which Yorkshire town is associated with Dracula?
15. What was the capital of England before London?
16. In which seaside town can you find the North Bay and South Bay beaches?
17. Which national park in England is the oldest in Britain?
Answer: Peak District.
18. In which county is Manchester?
19. What is the southernmost county in the UK?
20. How many administrative counties are there in England?
21. What is the second-largest city in Northern Ireland?
22. Name the deepest Gorge of the world.
Answer: Hells Canyon.
23. In which country Mount Kilimanjaro situated?
24. How many Indian states share border with Myanmar?
25. Name the highest point in Croatia?
26. How many countries are included in South Asia?
27. Which Mountain is closest to the space?
Answer: Mt. Chimborazo.
28. How many countries share border with India?
29. Which ice sheet has the largest reservoir of fresh water?
30. Name the smallest river in the UK?
Answer: River Nene.
31. Name the largest river drainage basin of the world.
32. Nearly half of the land water is drained at which place?
Answer: Atlantic Ocean.
33. Which lake in Siberia contains more water than any other on the Earth?
Answer: Lake Baikal.
34. Where is Karakum Desert?
35. How long is the River Thames?
Answer: 346 Kilometers.
36. Where is the Lake Eyre situated?
37. In which country the Lake Assal is situated?
38. Australia lies between which two oceans?
Answer: Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean.
39. Name the Mountains situated at the South-Eastern end of Australia?
Answer: Blue Mountains.
40. Name the only sea having no-coasts?
Answer: Sargasso Sea.
41. What is the lowest point of Europe?
Answer: Caspian Sea.
42. Niagara falls connects which two lakes?
Answer: Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.
Geography Quiz Questions and Answers
Geography is the study of the Earth and everything that is on it. Geographers study how people live, what they produce, what they buy, where they go, and how they move around. Geographers also study where natural resources are found. Read geography trivia questions and answers for a better grip over the subject:
1. What is the color of the motorways on road maps of the UK?
2. Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata are metropolitan cities in which country?
3. Europe and Africa are separated by which sea?
Answer: The Mediterranean.
4. Liverpool lies on which river?
Answer: The Mersey.
5. Which Irish city is the second largest in the Republic of Ireland?
6. In which country does the River Nile meet the sea?
7. What is the largest country in Scandinavia?
8. What is the hottest continent on Earth?
9. Which two continents does Russia belong to?
Answer: Europe and Asia.
10. Where is the biggest railway station in the world?
Answer: New York City (Grand Central Terminal).
11. Dublin is the largest city in which country?
12. Istanbul is a large city in which country?
13. What is a nickname for New York City?
Answer: The Big Apple.
14. Where place receives the world’s highest annual average rainfall?
15. What country calls itself Nippon?
16. In which country are the holy cities of Mecca and Medina located?
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
17. How many bridges are there in Venice, Italy?
18. What is the capital of Ethiopia?
Answer: Addis Ababa.
19. Which country has four letters, the last one q?
20. Luxembourg City is the capital of which country?
22. How many time zones does India span?
23. Which American state has the fewest counties?
24. Which is the longest river in Ethiopia?
Answer: The Blue Nile.
25. In which ocean is the Maldives located?
Answer: Indian Ocean.
26. How long is the Brooklyn Bridge?
Answer: 1,834 metres.
27. What country was known as Rhodesia?
28. Which Scottish loch with a length of about 24 miles, is reputed to contain a
Answer: Loch Ness.
29. Where was the greatest difference between annual high and low
30. Which state in the US was once called Deseret?
31. Which island country lies off China, Korea, and Russia?
32. Where is the Tonle Sap located?
33. What is the largest steel arch bridge in the world?
Answer: Sydney Harbor Bridge.
34. What is Turkey’s highest mountain?
Answer: Mount Ararat.
35. What is the main tributary of the Ganges River in India?
36. Which is the largest volcano in the world?
Answer: The Mount Lao.
37. Which country is the most populated in Europe?
5 Benefits of Playing Geography Quiz Questions Game
Geography quiz questions are a great way to learn about the world. Through geography quiz questions and answers, you can learn more about people’s different cultures and traditions of other countries. Moreover, you will be able to gather knowledge about various world’s famous cities, states, and their capital, locations.
It can be a great way to get in touch with your roots and heritage and other cultures in the world.
A fun way of teaching
Geography trivia questions can be a fun and interactive way to teach children about world geography and cultures. It’s an educational tool for students of all ages, from elementary school to college. Use this innovative and robust technique for students’ learning.
Best for the travel industry
Geography trivia is an excellent way for people who work in the travel industry to brush up on their knowledge of geography, culture, and languages before going on a trip abroad or interviewing company clients who speak another language.
A fun game
Geography Quiz questions game is a great way to spend free time with friends and family members, especially when they are on vacation or during family get-togethers at home. This game can be played at any time and in any place. It’s suitable for folks of all ages. It doesn’t matter how old you are or how old you want to be. It can be a great source of entertainment for children and adults alike. So, it would be best if you availed the opportunity to have fun with your dear ones.
Geography quiz games can help you learn new vocabulary words in other languages. Every country has its city names, and there are various names for each city, capital, and other locations. So, you will learn new vocabulary, which will help you in general knowledge.
Final Thoughts on Geography Quiz Questions
If you feel bored while studying many books, geography quiz questions are the best way to gain maximum geographical knowledge in a short period and in a fun way.
Gather your friends and make your spare time more fruitful by playing geography quiz questions game.
Geography trivia questions enable you to think out of the box. You will be familiarized with the world’s geographical patterns and cultures, traditions, customs, people, and the environment in which they live. It’s good to accept the existence of other people, countries, and states on the surface of Earth.
Don’t forget to read our impressive and well-crafted geography quiz questions and answers to gain maximum advantages such as improving knowledge about the world, building new vocabulary, having a fun, effective teaching method, and many more.
So, what’s the wait? Let’s get started! Enjoy your time.