Having meaningful conversations with friends can be a difficult task. We all have the same old conversations about our daily lives, but that doesn’t always lead to meaningful connections.
To help spark deeper conversations, here is a collection of 150+ deep questions to ask friends.
These questions range from lighthearted topics, such as favorite memories, to more thought-provoking ones or what you would do differently if given a chance.
You’re sure to find something for everyone in this list of conversation starters.
Deep Questions to Ask Friends to Spark Meaningful Conversations
Having deep conversations with friends can strengthen relationships and increase bonds. To start these conversations, we have compiled a list of deep questions to ask friends that will spark meaningful discussions.
1. Is there anyone you feel jealous of?
2. Would you still love your spouse if they were diagnosed with a terminal disease?
3. What qualities do you admire about your parents?
4. What are some of your favorite songs?
5. Is it ever okay to lie?
6. What do you think of best friends of the opposite s#x?
7. Are you aware of the ways that you self-sabotage?
8. How do you feel about sharing your password with your partner?
9. What’s the biggest sacrifice you’ve made for your partner?
10. If a genie granted you 3 wishes right now, what would you wish for?
11. Does your job make you happy?
12. What are the things you would like to change?
13. Would you ever take back someone who cheated?
14. What is a relationship deal breaker for you?
15. What is your relationship like with your father?
16. When was the last time you broke someone’s heart?
17. Would you relocate for love?
18. What did you want to be when you were younger?
19. What kind of parent do you think you will be?
20. Do you judge a book by its cover?
21. What are some qualities that you wish you had?
22. How important is your health to you?
23. Are you more into looks or brains?
24. When do you think a person is ready for marriage?
25. Is what you’re doing now what you always wanted to do growing up?
26. What do you fantasize about?
27. If you are in a bad mood, do you prefer to be left alone or have someone to cheer you up?
28. What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
29. Are you close with your parents?
30. What is more important to you, friendship or money?
31. What’s on your bucket list this year?
33. How would you describe your best friend?
34. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
35. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
36. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
37. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
38. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
Deep Questions to Ask Friends to Know Them Better
Get to know your friends on a deeper level with this list of thought-provoking deep questions. Perfect for improving relationships and building deeper connections.
1. Do you have a healthy relationship with your smartphone?
2. What makes you feel vulnerable?
3. What are your good habits and bad habits?
4. What is your true calling?
5. Do you consider yourself an introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in the middle?
6. What motivates you?
7. How do you respond to rejection?
8. Do you ever feel shame or guilt? What causes it?
9. Do you suppress or express your emotions? Why and how?
10. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
11. Do you forgive those who have hurt you? How?
12. Do you think you’re brave? Why or why not?
13. How do you engage in self-care?
14. Do you try to grow and improve your abilities?
15. Are you proud of yourself?
16. Do you know what you want in life?
17. In what ways do you think positively? negatively?
18. What makes you feel empowered? Disempowered?
19. Do you respect yourself?
20. Are you confident? Why or why not?
21. Do you like who you are?
22. How do you express your emotions?
23. What are your core values?
24. Are you generally present in the moment or do you spend a lot of time in your head?
25. What makes you happy?
26. What’s your personal mission statement?
27. Do you believe you can manifest your dreams?
28. What are your long-term goals?
29. What are you thankful for?
30. Do you love yourself?
31. What anti-stress strategies help you most?
32. Do you ever have FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)?
33. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
34. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
35. What do you want people to remember about you after you’re gone?
36. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
37. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
38. What are your life goals?
39. What foreign country would you love to live in?
40. What road trip would you love to take?
41. What is your favorite flower?
42. Would you rather live in a place with an ocean view or a city skyline view?
43. What skill have you worked the hardest to master?
Deep Questions to Ask Friends to Enhance Your Friendship
Enhance your friendship with this list of deep questions to ask friends. Spark meaningful conversations and strengthen your bond. Here is the deep questions to ask friends list:
1. What are your worst qualities?
2. What aspects of myself do I need to work on to be a better friend?
3. What makes you feel comfortable around me?
4. What do you think it is about us that made us such good friends?
5. Do you have any secrets that you need to get off your chest? If so, I promise to hold them with you.
6. Do you think we’ll still be friends when we die?
7. What do you think your life would be like without me?
8. What’s one thing you’d like to do together that we haven’t yet done?
9. If you could magically change one thing in your life, what would it be?
10. What do you think of mindfulness?
11. Do you think we’d be better off without social media?
12. What do you think it means to be healthy?
13. What do you love the most in life?
14. Do you believe in karma?
15. What do you think about freedom of speech?
16. Do you think there is an afterlife of any kind?
17. What do you think about veganism?
18. What do you think about the current younger generation?
19. Do you think bullies see themselves as bullies?
20. Do you tend to trust people?
21. Do you feel like men and women are equal?
22. Do you think people can change?
23. What’s your favorite activity to do with friends?
24. What’s one thing you believe in that’s kinda weird?
25. Where is your favorite place to go eat?
26. What was one of your funniest moments?
27. If I asked you, “Who are you?” How would you answer?
28. What do you like about me?
29. What are your best qualities?
30. What is your star sign? And do you believe in astrology?
31. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
32. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future, or anything else, what would you want to know?
33. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
34. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
35. What do you value most in a friendship?
Deep Questions to Ask Friends to Connect Deeply
Whether it’s a casual chat or an in-depth discussion, asking deep questions is a great way to get to know your friend on a more personal level. These questions can help you uncover new layers of your friendship.
1. Do you think we can change our future, or that it is already predestined?
2. What is one thing you want your future self to remember?
3. Would you rather acquire material items or experiences?
4. If it cost the same, would you live in a mansion or a mid-sized house with a lot of land?
5. In what scenario, if any, is it okay to lie?
6. When, if ever, is it okay to break the law?
7. Who in your family do you view as a role model?
8. Are you inspired by any celebrities dead or alive?
9. What thought or object gets you through the day?
10. Do you find praise or criticism to be more motivating?
11. What inspires you to better yourself?
12. What advice would you give to your children to stay determined?
13. What is the best way to motivate each other?
14. What is your greatest success to date?
15. What is the biggest thing you want to achieve in your life?
16. Where do you want to be 10 years from now?
17. What’s one thing you look forward to about getting old?
18. Where is one place you want to take someone else, where would it be, and who would you take?
19. Would you prefer to retain a young body, or a young mind, until you die?
20. What is an awesome invention you think will be created in your lifetime?
21. What is the most important lesson to teach a child?
22. How often do you go out of your way to help someone?
23. If you could pick a new “golden rule,” what would it be?
24. Do you believe in fortune tellers?
25. What do you hope to achieve in the short-term?
26. If you could know one thing about your future now, what would it be?
27. Is there anything that scares you about the future?
28. Have you ever predicted something significant about your future that came true?
29. What is your most treasured memory?
30. What is your most terrible memory?
31. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
32. What does friendship mean to you?
33. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
34. Share something you consider to be a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
35. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
36. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
37. If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
These deep questions to ask your friends will encourage you to explore your thoughts, beliefs, and values in an effort to create a better understanding of yourself and others.
Exploring deep topics will help you grow as an individual and form a deeper connection with those you care about.
As you know, asking insightful questions gives us a greater appreciation for the people around us, creating a more fulfilling social life.
We hope that you liked our article. So, please leave a comment for us and consider sharing this article with others.