102 Baby Shower Trivia Questions for Prospective Parents
A baby shower is a joyful celebration of the arrival of a new life.
What better way to bring friends and family together than with a fun-filled game of baby shower trivia?
In this article, we’ll provide a list of thought-provoking baby shower trivia questions to test your knowledge and keep everyone entertained.
Get ready to laugh, learn, and enjoy the company of your loved ones as you welcome the newest addition to your family.
Baby Shower Trivia Questions and Answers
Baby shower trivia questions list is a fun way to test your knowledge on all things baby-related and celebrate the upcoming arrival of a new life!
1. Which sense is first developed in a baby?
Answer: The sense of touch.
2. What percentage of babies are born on their actual date?
Answer: About 4 to 5%.
3. At what age can a baby recognize the taste of salt?
Answer: Five to six months old.
4. At which age do the babies double their birth weight?
Answer: Six to 12 months old.
5. At what age does a baby have actual tears?
Answer: Between one and three months of age.
6. Who holds the record for most children?
Answer: Valentine Vassilyev holds the record with 69 children.
7. How many bones does a newborn have?
Answer: 300 bones.
8. When does the fingerprint appear on a baby’s finger?
Answer: Fingerprints of a newborn are shallow but become prominent when they are six months old.
9. Which color is first recognized by a newborn baby?
10. What is the Japanese word for the term ‘baby?
11. How far is the eyesight of a newborn?
Answer: Eight to 14 inches.
12. When does a baby start smiling?
Answer: Around six to eight weeks of age.
13. When does a baby’s eye color get permanent?
Answer: Nine months old, but it differs from one baby to another.
14. What is the first poo of a baby known as?
15. What is the size of a newborn baby at the time of birth?
Answer: 20 inches is the average size.
16. When can newborns recognize themselves in the mirror?
Answer: 18 months to two years of age.
17. When does a baby start sitting and holding its head?
Answer: Around four to six months of age.
18. What do you call a baby shower party in South Africa?
Answer: A stork party.
19. At what age do the babies start crawling?
Answer: Six to 10 months, but it varies from one baby to another.
20. When does the umbilical stump of a baby fall off?
Answer: Within one to three weeks after birth.
21. What is the recorded weight of the heaviest baby?
Answer: 22 lbs 8 oz (Guinness World Records).
22. On average, how many hours per day does a newborn baby sleep?
Answer: 14-17 hours (KidsHealth).
23. What percentage of first-time moms go past their due date?
Answer: 81% (Ontario Midwives).
24. What is the first color babies see?
Answer: Red (Healthline).
25. What percentage of babies are born on their due date?
Answer: 5% (Ontario Midwives).
Baby Shower Trivia Questions for Mothers
Baby shower trivia question for mothers will tests their knowledge and experience on pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting. This list of baby shower trivia questions is a fun way to celebrate the mother-to-be.
1. What was your favourite nursery rhyme when you were a child?
2. What excites you the most about becoming a mother?
3. What was your favourite book when you were a kid? Have you purchased books for your baby?
4. What worries you the most about becoming a mother?
5. How did you tell your partner about the pregnancy? What happened?
6. What pieces of advice has your mother given you about becoming a parent?
7. Do you have any ideas for baby names? How did you finalise those?
8. What baby shower games were you expecting to see today?
9. Has motherhood been something you’ve been looking forward to for a while now?
10. Have you done any research on babies?
11. What are you most excited about doing as a family when the baby arrives?
12. Who do you think will change the most diapers?
13. Do you have a preference regarding gender or are you not bothered?
14. What was your favorite nursery rhyme when you were growing up?
15. What piece of culture from your childhood are you most looking forward to introducing your child to?
16. Have you thought about how having a baby is going to affect your work life?
17. Has your partner taken good care of you during your pregnancy so far?
18. What’s the worst piece of advice you’ve had so far about becoming a parent?
19. What have you been craving the most during pregnancy?
20. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve had so far about becoming a parent?
21. Are you looking forward to dressing up the baby?
22. Have you decorated the baby’s room yet? What color scheme did you go for?
23. What’s the first item you’ve bought for your baby?
24. How did the two of you meet?
25. When is the baby due?
26. How many children do you want to have?
27. What did each parent weigh when they were born?
28. Do you know the gender or are you going to leave it as a surprise?
29. Who will be the most nervous when the labor starts?
30. Which parent is likely to be the strictest?
31. Do you know what your first word was when you were a baby?
32. Which parent is most likely to be the goofball?
33. Do you think the baby will look more like Mummy or Daddy?
34. Are your parents excited about becoming grandparents?
35. Which celebrity baby’s development and growth have you been keeping track of?
36. How do you intend to balance work and parenting?
37. How do you intend to decorate the baby’s room? Have you chosen your colours?
Baby Shower Trivia Questions for Fathers
Baby shower trivia for fathers is a fun way to engage and educate expectant fathers on their role in parenthood. This baby shower quiz will test their if they are ready for the new coming member.
1. What aspect of the baby’s arrival are you looking forward to?
2. What excites you the most about becoming a father?
3. What are your plans when your baby arrives?
4. What aspects of being a father do you think you will struggle with?
5. Do you think you’ll be able to answer all of your little one’s questions while growing up?
6. Who do you think will suffer the most from taking care of the baby at night?
7. Out of the two of you, who’d rather do household chores if it means the other takes care of the baby?
8. What changes have you made to your house in preparation for the new arrival?
9. Has your father given you any advice about becoming a parent?
10. How do you think you changed after finding out you were going to be a father?
11. Do you think you’ll emulate the parenting style of your parents or will you have your own approach?
12. Who do you believe would be harsher on the child, and why?
13. What activities are you most looking forward to doing with your child?
14. What do you think your baby’s first words will be?
15. Do you think you’ll be able to answer all of your child’s questions when they’re a toddler?
16. Whose idea was it to hold a baby shower?
17. Who’s been reading up the most on how to take care of a baby?
18. Will you be a cool Dad or a strict one?
19. Who’s going to spoil the baby the most?
20. Who’s most excited about becoming a parent?
21. Would you prefer to have a son or a daughter or are you not bothered?
22. Will the baby say Mama or Dada first?
23. What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of becoming a father?
24. Who will sing the best lullabies to your baby?
25. What sport can you not wait to play with your child?
26. Do you have any names in mind for your baby?
Baby Shower Trivia Questions for Guests
This quiz for baby shower for guests is a fun way to get everyone involved in the celebration and learn more about babies and parenting.
1. What color will the baby’s eyes be when they’re born?
2. Will it be a baby boy or baby girl?
3. Will the birth be natural or c-section?
4. How long do you think Mom will be in labor?
5. What will the baby’s birth date be?
6. Will the baby look more like mom or dad?
7. What color will the baby’s hair be when they’re born?
8. What will the baby’s birth weight be?
9. Will mom want an epidural?
10. What will the baby’s length in inches be?
11. Will the baby be born in the A.M or P.M?
12. What do you predict the baby’s head circumference will be?
13. How dilated will Mom be when they get to the hospital?
14. What time will the baby be born?
In conclusion, baby shower questionnaire is a great way to bring fun and excitement to a baby shower celebration.
Whether it’s for mothers, fathers, or guests, these trivia questions can educate and entertain everyone in attendance.
By testing their knowledge on pregnancy, childbirth, and baby care, we can all learn something new and bond over our shared experiences.
We hope this baby shower trivia will make your celebration even more special.
If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below.