100+ 2000s Trivia Questions and Answers
The 2000s were a time of rapid technological advancements, political turmoil, and cultural milestones.
From the rise of social media to the election of the first African American President of the United States, the 2000s were a decade that will be remembered for years to come.
That’s why in this article, we’ve gathered 100+ 2000s trivia questions and answers to challenge your memory and see how well you know the decade that changed the world.
So, whether you’re a history buff, a pop culture fanatic, or just looking for fun, take a trip down memory lane and see how many of these questions you can answer!
Early 2000s Trivia Questions
In this section, we’ll test your knowledge of the early 2000s with trivia questions and answers covering various topics, from politics to entertainment. Get ready to put your memory to the test with our collection of early 2000s trivia!
1. What was the name of the hospital around which the show ‘House’ revolved?
Answer: Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital.
2. At the 2000 Grammys, which artist tied Michael Jackson’s single year record haul of eight awards?
3. Who married Chris Robinson, the frontman of Black Crowes on New Year’s Eve, 2000?
Answer: Kate Hudson.
4. Which actor in ‘How I Met Your Mother’ played Barney?
Answer: Neil Patrick Harris.
5. Which southern hip-hop duo found a feature in a song with Jay-Z?
6. In the spoken word interlude of Britney Spears’ single ‘Oops!…I Did It Again’, her boyfriend gets her a present from which popular ’90s film?
7. In ‘The Simpsons’, what was Marge’s natural hair color?
8. File sharing service Napster was sued by which veteran rock band citing copyright infringement issues?
9. What was the 2000 rock video that was filmed on the World Trade Center’s South Tower’s roof?
Answer: Limp Bizkit’s ‘Rollin’.
10. In ‘The Simpsons’ family, who is a vegetarian?
Answer: Lisa Simpson.
11. In which year did the ‘King of Pop’, Michael Jackson pass away?
2000s Trivia Questions about Movie
The 2000s were a time of great cinematic achievement, with many iconic films released throughout the decade. So grab some popcorn and get ready to test your movie knowledge with our 2000s movie trivia questions and answers!
1. Which year did Lindsay Lohan’s American teen comedy movie, Mean Girls premiere?
2. Which Bafta-award-winning movie follows the love lives of 8 widely different couples in the run-up to Christmas?
Answer: Love Actually.
3. What role did Renée Zellweger play in 2001, 2004, and 2016 romantic-comedy movies based on the desperate life of a 30-something single female living in London, UK?
Answer: Bridget Jones.
4. In which war, action, thriller movie did the performances of leading stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Djimon Hounsou result in nominations for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor at the 2007 Academy Awards?
Answer: Blood Diamond.
5. In what year was the first Shrek movie released?
6. What was the highest-grossing movie of the 2000s?
7. Who played The Grinch?
Answer: Jim Carrey.
8. Which Office actor played their biggest movie role in the 2005 film 40-Year-Old Virgin?
Answer: Steve Carell.
9. In which movie does unemployed Dewey Finn pretend to be substitute teacher Ned Schneebly?
Answer: School of Rock.
10. Name the movie based on Nicholas Sparks’ 1996 novel of the same name that features the romantic love story of Allie and Noah.
Answer: The Notebook.
11. Which 2000’s movie was the one to bring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie together?
Answer: Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
2000s Trivia Questions about Music
Here, we’ll test your knowledge of 2000s music trivia with questions and answers covering various topics, from chart-topping hits to beloved one-hit wonders. So, turn up the volume and get ready to rock out with this music trivia list!
1. Which Britain’s Got Talent star had the biggest selling album in the world in 2009?
Answer: Susan Boyle.
2. Name the four female artists who formed a supergroup to record ‘Lady Marmalade’ in 2001?
Answer: Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya, Pink.
3. Who had hits with ‘Music’, ‘Hung Up’, and ‘What It Feels Like For A Girl’?
4. Which single by Leona Lewis spent 7 weeks at number one in over 30 countries in 2008?
Answer: ‘Bleeding Love’.
5. ‘White Ladder’ spent 151 weeks on the UK album charts. But which artist wrote it?
Answer: David Gray.
6. ‘Where Is The Love?’ was a breakout hit in 2003 for which US hip hop group?
Answer: Black Eyed Peas.
7. Back to Black was a best-selling album for which singer?
Answer: Amy Winehouse.
8. Who had hits with ‘Burn’, ‘Yeah!’, and ‘U Remind Me’?
9. What was the UK’s best-selling album of the 2000s?
Answer: ‘Back to Bedlam’ by James Blunt.
10. Which legendary British band released an album in 2000 simply name ‘1’?
Answer: The Beatles.
11. ‘Parachutes’, ‘A Rush of Blood to the Head’, and ‘X&Y’ are albums by which rock band?
2000s Trivia Questions about TV
The 2000s brought about a revolution in television, with the emergence of new genres and groundbreaking. Now we’ll challenge your knowledge of 2000s TV trivia with questions and answers covering various shows and famous actors.
1. In the hit show ‘Friends’, what was the name of Ross and Rachel’s daughter?
2. What was Dexter’s profession in ‘Dexter’?
Answer: Forensic technician.
3. In the pilot episode of ‘Glee’, what song does the glee club perform?
Answer: ‘Don’t Stop Believin”.
4. In the show ‘Breaking Bad’, what was the lead character Walter White’s title?
5. In the sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’, what was Sheldon Cooper’s catchphrase?
6. ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’ had a spinoff show, what was it called?
7. In ‘Jimmy Neutron’ what was Jimmy’s dog called?
8. In ‘Phil Of The Future’, which century did Phil and his family hail from?
Answer: The 22nd century.
9. ‘Veronica Mars’ was set in which fictional town?
Answer: Neptune, CA.
10. Who was the voice of Kim in ‘Kim Possible’?
Answer: Christy Carlson Romano.
2000s Trivia Questions about Pop Culture
The 2000s were a time of rapid cultural change, with new trends, fashions, and viral sensations taking the world by storm. Please put on your Juicy Couture tracksuit and prepare to answer the 2000s pop culture trivia questions!
1. Popular director Tim Burton directed which children’s movie in the year 2005?
Answer: ‘Charlie And The Chocolate Factory’.
2. The now iconic line “Remember remember, the 5th of November”, hails from which popular movie of this decade?
Answer: ‘V For Vendetta’.
3. What was the name of the popular author after whom the lead character in the 2006 movie ‘The Namesake’ was christened?
Answer: Nikolai Gogol.
4. In 2010, who became the first woman to win an Academy Award for best director?
Answer: Kathryn Bigelow.
5. What was the name of the first movie that was released in the MCU in 2008?
Answer: ‘Iron Man’.
6. Which movie had the highest box office collections in the 2000s?
7. What was the name of the film that won popular rapper Eminem his first Oscar for Best Original Song?
Answer: ‘8 Mile’.
8. Which actor recorded the second instance of posthumously winning an Oscar?
Answer: Heath Ledger.
9. Which popular singer is the co-producer of the 2001 film ‘The Princess Diaries’?
Answer: Whitney Houston.
10. Which popular director won his first Oscar for Best Director in the 2007 Academy awards?
Answer: Martin Scorsese for ‘The Departed’.
11. In 2004 which actor won an Oscar for portraying the role of another Academy Award winner?
Answer: Cate Blanchett.
12. Which popular 2006 film starring Will Smith is based on a true story?
Answer: ‘The Pursuit of Happiness’.
13. What was the name of the singer who recorded the title song for the 2002 Bond feature ‘Die Another Day’?
14. In the early 2000s, which movie became the first musical to earn a Best Picture nomination in a decade?
Answer: ‘Moulin Rouge!’.
15. Around which museum does the film ‘Night At The Museum’ revolve?
Answer: The Museum of Natural History.
16. What was the name of the popular 2009 Quentin Tarantino movie that had only 30 percent of its dialogue in English?
Answer: ‘Inglourious Basterds’.
17. How many films are there in the ‘Ice Age’ franchise?
18. In the film ‘Zombieland’ what is the second rule that characters are supposed to abide by?
Answer: Double Tap.
19. In the film ‘The Hangover’ what name is the baby given?
20. In ‘Mean Girls’ what are the popular girls known as?
Answer: The Plastics.
21. Which celebrity was Josh’s inspiration in the show ‘Drake And Josh’?
22. At the beginning of the show ‘Gossip Girl’, what is the name of the school that Serena and Blair attend?
Answer: Constance Billard School For Girls.
23. In which city did the psychic high school girl Raven Baxter reside?
Answer: San Francisco, California.
24. In the hit teenage show ‘One Tree Hill’, what is the surname that the two half brothers share?
25. What was the profession of Zack and Cody’s mother on the hit show ‘The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody’?
26. Before starring in ‘Breaking Bad’, what show was Bryan Cranston a part of?
Answer: ‘Malcolm In The Middle’.
27. Who played the leading role in the show ‘Lizzie McGuire’?
Answer: Hilary Duff.
28. Which noughties sitcom revolves around a group of people working in a paper supply company?
Answer: ‘The Office’.
29. In the show ‘Arrested Development’, what was the last name of the central family?
30. Which show made use of the technique of “claymation” in its intro?
Answer: ‘Even Stevens’.
2000s Trivia Qestions about Online Games
Test your gaming knowledge with our 2000s game trivia and see how well you remember the popular games of that era. Get ready for the challenge!
1. This simulation game has players playing tennis, baseball, bowling and more on the Wii console. Released in 2006, what is it?
Answer: Wii Sports.
2. In this 2000 first-person shooter game, players can join a group of terrorists or a group of anti-terrorists or might be spectators. What game is this?
3. This 2008 multiplayer horror game is set amid an outbreak of the “Green Flu”. What game is this?
Answer: Left 4 Dead.
4. In this 2008 battle game, players can choose from a wide variety of characters such as Link or Wario, all from various different games. What is this?
Answer: Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
5. In this 2007 action-adventure game, players follow Altair as he carries out a series of killings. What is this?
Answer: Assassin’s Creed.
6. In this 2008 horror game players control a character named Isaac on a spaceship named Ishimura. What game is this?
Answer: Dead Space.
7. This 2004 first-person shooter game featuring Jack Carver is the first in a series. What game is this?
Answer: Far Cry.
8. This 2001 first-person shooter game centers around a detective investigating a drug called Valkyr. What game is this?
Answer: Max Payne.
9. This super popular game was released in 2000 and sees players making decisions about careers and relationships for characters. What is it?
Answer: The Sims.
10. In this 2002 first-person shooter game, players can choose to be an Axis or an Allied power. What is it?
Answer: Battlefield 1942.
2000s Trivia Questions about History Events
From acts of terror to natural disasters, the world witnessed many historic moments in the 2000s. This section will challenge your knowledge of 2000s history trivia with questions and answers.
1. In the 2000 United States presidential election, in which state were votes recounted?
2. How many domestic commercial airliners were hijacked on the 11th of September 2001?
3. Who became President of Russia in 2000?
Answer: Vladimir Putin.
4. When Bill Clinton said the famous quote “the first challenge of the 21st century successfully met”. What was he referring to?
Answer: The Millennium bug.
5. Which fatal incident in the United States space program happened on February 1, 2003?
Answer: Space Shuttle Columbia disaster.
6. Who was the Democratic nominee for the 2000 presidential election?
Answer: Al Gore.
7. Who became the president of France in 2007?
Answer: Nicolas Sarkozy.
8. Which bombings are often referred to as 7/7?
Answer: 7 July 2005 London bombings.
9. Who was George W. Bush’s vice president?
Answer: Dick Cheney.
10. Which war was launched by the United States just after 911?
Answer: War on Terror.
2000s Trivia Questions Multiple Choice
Now we’re going to challenge your knowledge of the 2000s with exciting multiple-choice trivia questions. So, get ready to put your thinking cap on and test your knowledge with our 2000s multiple-choice trivia questions and answers!
1. How long was the first long-duration stay?
A. 36 days
B. 136 days
C. 236 days
D. 336 days
2. Which one of the following social networks was founded first?
3. Who was the UK Prime Minister in 2000?
A. Gordon Brown
B. John Major
C. David Cameron
D. Tony Blair
4. What was Kylie Minogue wearing in the videoclip of “Can’t get you out of my head”?
A. A red leather suit
B. A white tracksuit
C. 80s fitness outfit
D. A purple glitter jacket
5. Which brand released the Razr phones?
D. Sony Ericson
6. Which song did Britney Spears win a Grammy for in 2004?
B. Oops… I did it again
D.…Baby One More Time
7. When was the ipod introduced?
8. When was the final episode of the TV show Friends?
9. When was the Euro officially launched in Europe?
10. Which movie based on Frances Mayes’ memoir of the same name was released in 2003?
A. Under the Tuscan Sun
B. Eat Pray Love
C. In her shoes
D. The Wedding Date
The 2000s were a time of rapid change and cultural transformation, and this article aimed to test your knowledge of this exciting era with a variety of trivia questions and answers.
We covered a wide range of topics, from music and movies to history and pop culture, and we hope you enjoyed the challenge of our 100+ 2000s trivia quiz.
Did you ace the quiz, or did you learn something new along the way?
We would love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to leave a comment below and let us know how you did!