Have you ever been in a position where two teams scored the same number of points during a quiz?
Then these tie breaker questions and answers will be useful!
When there is a tie, a good question is required to determine who will win.
While adding another trivia question to your quiz is an option, it is not the ideal approach to go because both teams or players may know the exact answers.
This is where you can utilize these special tie breaker quiz questions.
So let’s take a look at them!
General Knowledge Tie Breaker Questions
With this selection of tie breaker trivia questions about general knowledge, you may unleash your inner trivia master. Put your knowledge to the test and wow your friends.
1. Which U.S state is located outside North America?
2. Which is the smallest and most densely populated state in the U.S?
Answer: Rhode Island.
3. What are the three largest countries in North America?
Answer: The United States, Canada and Mexico.
4. Which is the largest international border between two countries?
Answer: The Canada-United States border.
5. What is the Bill of Rights in the context of the United States?
Answer: The first ten amendments to the Constitution.
6. Which writing system is called Hieroglyphics?
Answer: The Ancient Egyptian.
7. Which is the largest U.S state?
8. Which American Civil War battle had the largest number of casualties?
Answer: The Battle of Gettysburg.
9. What is the capital of the United States of America?
Answer: Washington D.C.
10. What are synonyms?
Answer: A word which has the same meaning as another word.
11. What are the human’s five senses?
Answer: Taste, Smell, Hearing, Sight, and Touch.
12. Which is the strongest and biggest bone in the human body?
Answer: Femur/ Thigh bone.
13. How many congruent bases are present in a solid Prism?
14. Name the capital city of Oklahoma?
Answer: Oklahoma City.
15. What is the capital of Utah?
Answer: Salt Lake City.
16. Which huge waterfalls separate the United States and Canada?
Answer: Niagara Falls.
17. Which is the homophone for the word ‘one’?
18. Round the number 2650 to the nearest thousand?
Easy Tie Breaker Questions
This category of easy tie breaker questions is ideal for people of all ages and ability levels. Find the answers and win the tiebreaker.
1. An insect has six legs. How many legs does a spider have?
2. The red-shelled insect often known as a “ladybug” or “ladybird” is in fact a type of ____.
3. Other than water, the most-consumed beverage in the world is ____.
4. Although it is acceptable to refer to a peanut as a nut, it is more accurately described as a ____.
5. What is the primary difference between ocean water and tap water?
6. Which of the Earth’s four layers is liquid?
Answer: The outer core.
7. The most famous fault line in California is the ____.
Answer: San Andreas.
8. A pound cake traditionally contains a pound of which four ingredients?
Answer: Flour, butter, eggs, and sugar.
9. The most important article in a newspaper is usually found above the ____.
10. How many months in the calendar year have exactly 30 days?
11. Opposite angles in a parallelogram are called ____.
12. When an item’s copyright expires, the right to reproduce it passes into the ____.
Answer: Public Domain.
Funny Tie Breaker Questions
Prepare to chuckle with this collection of funny tie breaker questions. These funny questions will keep the competition light and fun.
1. When the 20th century started?
Answer: On 1 January 1901.
12. Where is Valley Forge located?
3. What minimum age is required to become the president of the United States?
Answer: Thirty Five.
4. What is (445 – 80) / 1?
5. Which of the following is a perfect square number: 169, 23 or 78?
6. Who is the mathematician who is considered the father of trigonometry?
Answer: Hipparchus of Nicaea.
7. Which clouds are also referred as ‘Fair weather’ clouds?
8. In which country the War of the Roses took place?
9. If Barbara is facing north and turns 90 degrees to her left, what direction is she facing now?
10. Which is the capital city of Hungary?
11. Name the capital of Egypt?
Entertainment Tie Breaker Questions
With this selection of tie breaker questions, you can put your knowledge of music and TV to the test. These questions will keep you guessing about anything from TV to movies to music.
1. What was the first music video played on MTV?
Answer: Video Killed the Radio Star.
2. Who was the drummer for The Beatles?
Answer: Ringo Starr.
3. Eminem’s 8 Mile is named after a road in which city?
4. Which superhero is referenced in every episode of Seinfeld?
5. What year was the sound of a toilet flushing first aired on TV?
6. How long did it take to get Jim Carrey into makeup for How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
Answer: 8.5 hours.
7. How many movies are there in the film series The Godfather?
8. How many seasons did the TV Show “American Idol” have?
9. Who was the host of the TV Show, “American Idol?”
Answer: Ryan Seacrest.
10. What famous actor became the 38th Governor of California?
Answer: Arnold Schwarzenegger.
11. What was the TV show that Donald Trump first appeared on?
Answer: The Apprentice.
12. Seth McFarlan became famous for what animated TV series?
Answer: Family Guy.
13. Who is considered to be the king of rock and roll?
Answer: Elvis Presley.
Science and Nature Tie Breaker Questions
With our selection of educational tie breaker questions, you may discover the marvels of science and nature. Let’s dig into these questions now.
1. What causes tides?
Answer: The moon.
2. A caterpillar changes and grows into a what?
3. The sun is a: Planet, star, mystery?
4. Moving air is called: wind, tide, hurricane?
5. Snow, rain, and sleet are all examples of what?
6. What planet is nicknamed the “Red Planet?”
7. Animals who eat only plants are called what?
8. How long does it take the moon to orbit Earth: 24 hours, 365 days, one month, Earth orbits the moon?
Answer: One month.
9. What do you call a scientist who studies rocks?
10. The poles of a magnet are called: on/off, north/south, good/bad, top/bottom?
11. What are the three states of matter?
Answer: Solid, liquid, and gas.
12. What force pulls objects toward Earth’s core and keeps humans from floating in the sky?
Geography Tie Breaker Questions
With this selection of tie breaker questions about geography, you may travel the world from the comfort of your own home. Refresh your knowledge of nations, capitals, and other things.
1. What is the largest continent?
2. What is the smallest continent?
3. What continent is the country of France located in?
4. What is the capital of Florida?
5. How many great lakes are there in the United States?
Answer: Four: Michigan-Huron, Superior, Ontario, and Erie.
6. How many oceans are there?
Answer: Five: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Southern, and Arctic.
7. If you fly from Los Angeles to Australia, what ocean do you cross?
Answer: The Pacific.
8. In what country is the Taj Mahal located?
9. What continent is the country of Brazil part of?
Answer: South America.
10. What continent is Egypt part of?
11. What is the largest U.S. state by landmass?
12. What is the largest desert in the world?
Answer: Northern Africa.
Sports Tie Breaker Questions
Go through these tie breaker questions to put your football knowledge to the test. These questions about football among other sports will keep you on your toes.
1. Colin Montgomerie played amateur golf in which country?
2. What is the record for red cards given in a single soccer game?
3. What is a soccer field called?
Answer: A pitch.
4. How old was the youngest professional soccer player?
5. Who was the first British player to win league titles in four countries?
Answer: David Beckham.
6. Which country won the first women’s World Cup?
Answer: The United States.
7. Which type of football is another term for soccer?
Answer: Association football.
8. Who won the first two FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year Awards?
Answer: Mia Hamm.
9. What was the fastest goal in World Cup history?
Answer: 10.8 seconds.
10. Who won the Men’s Singles Championships for the third time at Wimbledon in 1989?
Answer: Boris Becker.
11. As of 2020, which is the only French team to win the Champions League?
Answer: Olympique Marseille in 1993.
12. Which country won both the first ever Copa America in 1916 and the first ever World Cup in 1930?
History Tie Breaker Questions
Do you enjoy history? If so, you can decide the winner of your tied quiz with by using one of these history related tie breaker questions.
1. Who fought in the Revolutionary War?
Answer: Americans and Brits.
2. What are the first ten amendments to the Constitution called?
Answer: The Bill of Rights.
3. Who was Jackie Robinson?
Answer: The first African American baseball player.
4. Who was George Washington?
Answer: The First President of the United States
5. The first Thanksgiving was celebrated by Native Americans and what other group of people?
6. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from where?
7. What country did Mexico gain its independence from in the 1800s?
8. Who invented the light bulb?
Answer: Thomas Edison.
9. What are the two main languages spoken in South America?
Answer: Spanish and Portuguese.
10. Which war was fought between the north and south regions in the United States?
Answer: The Civil War.
11. Julius Caesar was the emperor of what empire?
Answer: The Roman Empire.
12. What did colonists dump in Boston Harbor?
No matter how difficult your quiz is, it will occasionally finish in a draw, and where is the joy in that?
A winner must be chosen!
So, how do you choose the winner when you’ve exhausted all of the quiz questions?
That’s where the tie breaker questions, we shared, come in!
The ultimate trivia tie breaker questions are not intended to be simple, but rather to crown your champion.
So, whoever gives the right answer wins the tiebreaker.
Did you like the questions we shared with you? If yes, please share your feedback in the comment section below.