206 Random Questions to Ask to Spark Interesting Conversations
Are you tired of running out of things to say during social gatherings or just casual conversations?
Look no further!
In this article, we bring you over 200 random questions to ask that guarantee to spark interesting conversations and keep the conversation flowing.
Whether you’re looking to get to know someone better or just want to liven up a dull moment, these questions will provide endless entertainment and will leave you feeling more connected to the people around you.
So, sit back, grab a pen and paper, and get ready for an unforgettable conversation experience.
Best Random Questions to Ask
Looking for inspiration on what to ask? Here are some good random questions to ask to spark conversations and get to know someone on a deeper level.
1. What are you currently worried about?
2. Where are some unusual places you’ve been?
3. Where do you get your news?
4. What are some red flags to watch out for in daily life?
5. What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
6. When you are old, what do you think children will ask you to tell stories about?
7. If you could switch two movie characters, what switch would lead to the most inappropriate movies?
8. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?
9. What social stigma does society need to get over?
10. What food have you never eaten but would really like to try?
11. What’s something you really resent paying for?
12. What would a world populated by clones of you be like?
13. Do you think that aliens exist?
14. What inanimate object would be the most annoying if it played loud upbeat music while being used?
15. When did something start out badly for you but in the end, it was great?
16. How would your country change if everyone, regardless of age, could vote?
Funny Random Questions to Ask
In need of a good laugh? Check out these random funny questions to ask that guarantee to bring a smile to your face and liven up any gathering.
1. What would be your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse?
2. Where did the name Pina Colada come from?
3. If animals could talk, which would be the smartest?
4. Which would you prefer to have as your roommate? A goat or a bird?
5. If you were an artist, what would you paint on your first day?
6. Which sport do you think they’ll invent next?
7. Do you think cavemen had nightmares about cavewomen?
8. Who would win in a fight between Superman and Batman?
9. What animal is the biggest party animal?
10. If animals could talk, which would be the most boring?
11. If you could be a fly on the wall, who would you want to listen in on?
12. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
13. Is cereal soup?
14. How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?
15. What sport would be the funniest to add a mandatory amount of alcohol to?
16. Would you rather have no nose, or no arms?
Weird Random Questions to Ask
Get ready to delve into the unusual and quirky side of life with these random weird questions to ask that will bring out the oddities in others.
1. What is the most boring sport?
2. Which musician do you think would make the best teacher?
3. What instrument do you think is the most annoying?
4. If you could be a fictional character, who would you be?
5. What is the most annoying colour?
6. What Disney princess would make the best spy?
7. What superhero/villain would make the best therapist?
8. What fictional character do you think you are most like?
9. If you could be in any movie, what would it be?
10. If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?
11. What is the worst/most annoying catchphrase?
12. What is the worst song ever?
13. What would you rather have to deal with: Have no nose, but have really good smelling fingers? Or be blind but have a really nice smile?
14. What’s the most useless word?
15. What sound would be the scariest if you could hear it?
16. What is the coolest sound?
17. What would you rather have; an arm that regenerates every month, or legs that grow back in every month?
18. What body part would you like to add?
Random Questions to Ask a Girl
Want to get to know a girl better? These random questions to ask her that cover a variety of topics can help to figure out her personality, interests, and sense of humor.
1. What are you most attracted to in another person?
2. Who is your celebrity crush?
3. What’s inside of your dream house?
4. What’s the best way to ask you out?
5. What’s your favorite pick-up line?
6. What’s the longest relationship you’ve been in?
7. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
8. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever bought?
9. What celebrity would you switch lives with?
10. What kind of animal do you most identify with?
11. What is your favorite dish to cook?
12. Where do you feel most like yourself?
13. What is your most cherished possession?
14. What characteristics do you feel you have to have for a strong relationship?
15. What’s the last book you read and really loved?
16. What makes you laugh the most?
17. What is your dream vacation?
18. What was your dream job when you were younger?
19. How would your friends describe you?
Random Questions to Ask a Guy
Looking to get to know a guy better? These random questions to ask him will reveal everything you are interested to know.
1. What’s the most beautiful beach you’ve been to?
2. What’s the most anxiety inducing thing you do on a regular basis?
3. What’s something that everyone agrees we should change, but somehow it never changes?
4. What word do you always misspell?
5. What naps are the most satisfying?
6. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve found lying on the ground / side of the road?
7. What’s the funniest TV show you’ve ever seen?
8. What’s the most embarrassing story from your childhood?
9. What animal is the most majestic?
10. What’s something that everyone knows is true, but we don’t like to admit it?
11. What’s the weirdest text or email you’ve gotten?
12. What trend are you tired of?
13. What’s incredibly cheap and you would pay way more for?
14. What’s your grossest bug story?
15. What would the adult version of an ice-cream truck sell and what song would it play?
16. What company do you despise?
17. When was the most inappropriate time you busted out in laughter?
18. What would be an accurate tag line for each month?
19. What’s the most overrated product out on the market?
20. What always cheers you up when you think about it?
Random Questions to Ask Your Crush
Ready to take the next step with your crush? These random questions for crush can help break the ice, spark conversation, and build a deeper connection.
1. Does your family have any traditions?
2. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
3. Which celebrity would play you in a movie?
4. If you had to choose one song to describe your life right now, what would it be?
5. What’s the best trip you’ve ever taken?
6. What’s the first thing you do every morning?
7. What was your favorite class in school?
8. If you could write a book, what would it be about?
9. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
10. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why?
11. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
12. What are three words you would use to describe your life?
13. What’s your favorite book and why?
14. Are you a morning or night person?
15. What’s the first album you ever owned?
16. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
17. What keeps you up at night?
18. What’s your favorite thing about your best friend?
19. What’s the toughest part of your day?
20. Do you have a skill no one knows about?
21. If you could have lunch with anyone—alive or dead—who would it be?
Random Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
Looking to strengthen your relationship with your boyfriend? These random questions to ask boyfriend can help reveal new sides of him and create deeper understanding and intimacy.
1. Have you ever lived with a partner?
2. How important is religion or spirituality to you?
3. How do you feel about gay rights?
4. What did you and your friends do for fun in middle school?
5. Did you have any pets growing up?
6. What is your happiest childhood memory?
7. If you could cook any dish perfectly, what would you choose?
8. When you’re having a bad day, what makes you feel better?
9. At an amusement park, what ride do you just have to go on?
10. What toy did you always want as a kid, but no one ever bought for you?
11. Did you ever sleep with stuffed animals?
12. What sound do you love?
13. What are your favorite scents?
14. What candy do you hate?
15. What is your favorite karaoke song?
16. What was your favorite thing to do during recess?
17. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
18. Do you think money can buy happiness?
Random Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Want to deepen your connection with your girlfriend? These random questions to ask girlfriend can help bring foster communication, and strengthen your bond.
1. Night owl or early bird? If you’re a night owl, what’s your favorite thing to do at night? If you’re an early bird, how do you like to start your day?
2. What historical person do you wish you could meet?
3. Who do you think was (or is) the best political leader of all time?
4. What’s the most underrated movie of all time?
5. What should more people know about?
6. If you could write your eulogy or the inscription on your tombstone, what would it say?
7. What movie made you cry the hardest?
8. Which is better, K-dramas or crime dramas? Tell me about your favorite one.
9. What do you do when you feel bored?
10. What villain do you secretly admire? Why?
11. Heels or sneakers?
12. How do you like your eggs?
13. What unhealthy food will you never give up?
14. Is it too early to post pictures of us together on Facebook?
15. At what point in the relationship should a couple change their Facebook status to dating?
16. How private are you? Do you like posting everything to social media?
17. Are you friends on social media with your exes?
18. What was the best part of your week?
19. Do you have any big projects you are working on at work?
Random Questions to Ask Your Friends
Need some new ideas for connecting with your friends? These random questions to ask friends can spark laughter, facilitate deeper conversations, and bring out surprising insights.
1. What did you Google last?
2. What’s the dumbest thing someone has argued with you about?
3. If money and practicality weren’t a problem, what would be the most interesting way to get around town?
4. What’s the longest rabbit hole you’ve been down?
5. What’s the saddest scene in a movie or TV series?
6. What’s the most frustrating product you own?
7. What inconsequential super power would you like to have?
8. What qualities do all your friends have in common?
9. What odd smell do you really enjoy?
10. What’s the coolest animal you’ve seen in the wild?
11. What’s the best lesson you’ve learned from a work of fiction?
12. What food do you crave most often?
13. Who in your life has the best / worst luck?
14. What fashion trend makes you cringe or laugh every time you see it?
15. What’s your best story of you or someone else trying to be sneaky and failing miserably?
16. Which apocalyptic dystopia do you think is most likely?
17. If you had a HUD that showed three stats about any person you looked at, what three stats would you want it to show?
18. What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen a kid do?
19. What’s your secret talent?
Random Questions to Ask Your Colleagues
Here are some random questions to ask your coworkers that help you to get to know your them better, enhance team bonding and improve workplace relationships.
1. Coffee or tea? Milk in first or last?
2. What book or movie have you recently read/seen and why would you recommend it?
3. What fictional place would you like to visit?
4. What’s something you’re planning on doing in the next year that you’ve never done?
5. Tell us two truths and a lie
6. What’s the weirdest you’ve ever done?
7. If you could have an unlimited supply of one thing, what would it be?
8. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
9. What’s your favourite TV show?
10. Would you rather be the funniest or smartest person in the room?
11. Would you rather meet your ancestors or descendants?
12. If you could meet any historical figure, who would they be?
13. What three items would you bring on a desert island?
14. Who is your hero?
15. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
17. What’s something that recently made you smile?
18. What is your 15 minutes of fame?
19. What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?
20. What’s your dream job?
Random Questions to Ask to Get to Know Someone
Getting to know someone new can be exciting. Use these random questions to ask someone to start conversations and gain insight into the person’s personality, interests, and experiences.
1. Do you have a favorite holiday? Why or why not?
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home?
4. What’s your go-to guilty pleasure?
5. What was your favorite age growing up?
6. What was the last thing you read?
7. Would you say you’re more of an extrovert or an introvert?
8. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
9. Are you into podcasts or do you only listen to music?
10. How old were you when you had your first celebrity crush, and who was it?
11. What’s one thing that can instantly make your day better?
12. What do you do on your commute to/from work?
13. What’s your favorite season and why?
14. What’s the phone app you use most?
15. Would you rather cook or order in?
16. What’s your favorite board game?
17. How do you take your coffee?
18. Do you have any pet peeves?
In conclusion, asking questions is a great way to get to know someone and build relationships.
Whether you are getting to know a colleague or a new friend, these random questions to ask people can help break the ice and start meaningful conversations.
We hope these questions have inspired you to have more engaging and enjoyable interactions with those around you.
If you have any other interesting questions to add, please leave a comment below!