Welcome to our incredible collection of some questions to ask your partner. It’s always an amazing idea to get to know your partner better, regardless of the stage of the relationship you’re in.
In order to understand more about your partner, you may need to ask them particular questions at other times when crucial issues don’t naturally come up in conversation.
Simply said, questions matter in any relationship because they help you find the answers. No matter how committed you are, there is always room for improvement. Showing a constant interest in your significant other as well as these questions to ask your partner can help keep the spark alive.
Here are some questions to ask your significant other to pose to your partner at various stages of the relationship to strengthen your bond.
Best Questions to Ask Your Partner
Do you know your partner well? We are talking to get to know them on a deeper level than merely what their favorite color or movie is. Have you ever questioned them about their deepest ambitions, passions, traumas, regrets, loves and dislikes? If not, try these best questions to ask your partner to do so.
1. Which of your parents are you most like?
2. When did you know you wanted to be monogamous with me?
3. Do you ever get jealous if you see me talking to other attractive people?
4. Do you ever dream about me?
5. Which of our kids are most like you? (or if you aren’t parents yet: Do you ever picture having kids?)
6. What’s my best physical feature?
7. What do you think we need to work on the most in our relationship?
8. If you got sick, do you think I would be there to care for you?
9. Do you believe that I love you?
10. When did you know you wanted to kiss me?
11. What do you like most that I do in bed?
12. What’s your favorite time of day to be intimate?
13. Do you like kissing or hugging more?
14. What is your favorite memory of dating me?
15. What is your favorite memory of us?
16. What food reminds you of me?
17. When was the last time you thought about me in a positive way?
18. What is your favorite thing that I do for you?
19. What movie reminds you of us?
20. What’s your favorite activity that we do together?
21. As a child, did you trust both of your parents?
22. What is your favorite thing I ever did for a special occasion for you?
23. What is your favorite fantasy?
24. What is your favorite position?
25. Do you ever think about me during the day?
26. What is something I could do to make you trust me even more?
27. When do you feel the most protected and taken care of?
28. What can I do to make sure you feel safe with me?
29. When we hang out with friends, do I make you feel like you’re still my priority?
Random Questions to Ask Your Partner
Your partner probably has fascinating stories that you haven’t heard as these stories never come up in your conversation. Your partner will chat about his /her greatest moments when you ask him/her these random questions to ask your partner. Check them out!
1. What conspiracy theory are you tempted to believe?
2. What’s your nighttime ritual?
3. Have you ever slept in your shoes?
4. Do you sleep with your mouth open?
5. What was the weirdest place you ended up sleeping?
6. Do you snore?
7. Will you tell me if I have food or lipstick on my teeth?
8. Would you rather be a puppy or a kitten?
9. Would you rather own a baby elephant named Jeff or a fluffy bunny named Snookums?
10. Did you want to be an astronaut when you were a kid? What did you want to be?
11. Who is your favorite team? (basketball, football, soccer, etc.)
12. What are you like when you’re grumpy and tired?
13. Are you a night owl or an early bird?
14. Books or movies?
15. What is your favorite book?
16. What is your favorite movie?
17. Do you have a favorite food?
18. What’s your favorite dessert?
19. Would you rather homestead or be a financial advisor?
20. What food do you always crave?
21. Who do you spend the most time with?
22. What is one place you never want to go again?
23. What is one place you’ve always wanted to go back to?
24. How long should people date before meeting their parents?
25. Do you have any irrational fears or phobias?
26. Who inspires you?
27. What’s something most men dislike that you love?
28. Tell me about your grandma.
29. Do you prefer to eat out or cook for yourself?
30. How would your friends describe you?
31. Would you rather be right or happy?
32. What was your most embarrassing moment?
33. What was your childhood nickname?
34. What is your silliest pet peeve?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner
If you intend to share a close relationship or remain together for a long time (perhaps getting married), you should feel free to ask any questions you have. Keep in mind that by asking these deep questions to ask your partner, you’ll also be able to access their past as well.
1. What’s something we could change about our relationship to make it stronger?
2. What makes us special or unique together?
3. What do I mean to you?
4. What can’t you live without?
5. How have you changed in the last several years?
6. What makes you feel accomplished?
7. What do you think a good man is?
8. What is something you’re afraid to lose?
9. How do you know if you’re successful?
10. What makes you the best version of yourself?
11. What are things you do even though you don’t want to?
12. What does love mean to you?
13. What’s your best quality?
14. What’s something you’ve always dreamed of doing but never have?
15. What do you think is one of the most significant issues in our country today?
16. What keeps you awake at night?
17. If you could make a playlist of your life in high school, what songs would you put on it?
18. Have you ever been disappointed by your religion? What did you do to work through it?
19. Can you remember seeing your dad cry when you were growing up? How did you feel?
20. What do you wish you’d had more of as a kid?
21. What do you think about X’s current event?
22. What would you change about the medical system in our country?
23. What kind of dad do you want to be?
24. What do you want to be remembered for?
25. What would you do if you lost your job?
26. If your family or friends didn’t approve of me, what would you do?
27. Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? How has that been both an asset and a weakness in your life?
28. What would you change about the education system in our state?
29. If you were a politician for a day, what would you do?
30. If you could immigrate anywhere, what country would you choose? Why?
31. What is the best thing about our country?
32. Tell me about a time you had an opportunity you didn’t deserve?
Intimate Questions to Ask Your Partner
One of the most essential features of a relationship is intimacy, but there are moments when we feel cut off from our relationships. Reconnect with your partner by asking him these intimate questions to ask your partner.
1. What causes do you care about? Why?
2. Have you ever done NGO work? What was that experience like?
3. When was the first time you realized you needed a bigger perspective on the world? What changed for you?
4. When was the last time you cried?
5. What are you afraid of?
6. What makes you feel sad?
7. Did you feel love and support from your parents growing up?
8. Have you ever been in therapy?
9. What did you learn about relationships in therapy?
10. How do you regulate your emotions?
11. What triggers you?
12. What are your coping mechanisms?
13. Is there a past relationship that you still feel hurt or angry about? Tell me about it?
14. What is your earliest memory?
15. What relationship causes you the most stress?
16. What is your worst memory?
17. What do you most regret not saying to someone?
18. What is something you wish you hadn’t done?
19. What is the best decision of your life?
20. What was the hardest decision of your life?
21. How do you approach finances? Do you have debt? What are your financial goals?
22. How would you feel if I earned more money than you?
23. Aside from parents/guardians, who shaped you the most growing up?
24. What signs are you getting stressed that others don’t pick up on?
25. How can we communicate when either of us needs space?
26. What makes you feel disconnected from me?
27. What was your relationship with your siblings growing up? Was there favoritism?
28. What are some terrible family traits you are working on so you don’t pass them down to your children?
29. How many s#xual partners have you had?
30. What are your retirement plans?
31. What summer stands out the most in your memories?
32. What was your coming-of-age experience?
33. When did you first feel like a man?
34. What fictional character do you identify with?
Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner
Knowing what to ask your partner to learn more about him can be difficult sometimes. These fun questions to ask your partner can have you laughing and strengthening your relationship in no time.
1. What’s your favorite way to relax?
2. Have you ever traveled outside of the country? Tell me about it!
3. What are your guilty pleasures?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
5. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
6. Tell me your favorite travel story.
7. How many places have you lived? What was your favorite place?
8. Tell me a funny story about your first car.
9. What do you always procrastinate doing?
10. What’s your favorite song? Sing it for me!
11. What was the best sporting event you ever attended?
12. What was your proudest sporting moment? (If they play a sport)
13. Are you mentoring anyone? (e.g., coaching a team, teaching a skill, volunteering, etc.)
14. What was your best day?
15. Have you ever sung karaoke? How good or bad was it?
16. Who is your hero or someone you’ve admired for a long time?
17. What do you like to do on a rainy day?
18. Where are you originally from?
19. What are some of your family traditions?
20. How did you spend your summer vacations?
21. What was your favorite subject in school? Did you have a favorite teacher?
22. Do you have a pet? If not, would you ever want one?
23. If you had a pet tiger, what would you name it?
24. Do you prefer to stay home or go out on the weekend?
25. What was your biggest adventure?
26. What was your biggest travel mishap?
27. What was the dumbest thing you said to a crush?
28. What is your favorite holiday?
29. What was the best or strangest gift you ever got?
30. If someone told a joke and no one laughed, what would you do?
31. What did you like to do during recess?
Sexy Questions to Ask Your Partner
You must discuss s#x if you want your relationship to become more passionate. By asking your lover these sexy questions to ask your partner, you can find out what makes him click and enhance your relationship.
1. Are you interested in BDSM?
2. Have you pictured me naked?
3. Have you ever had s#x in a hot tub?
4. Do you want to play some s#x games with me?
5. Do you want to play strip poker with me?
6. What is your favorite s#xual position?
7. What is the one s#xual position you’ve never tried but want to?
8. What are your thoughts about 69? Like it, or too distracting?
9. Have you ever had a one-night stand?
10. Have you ever been skinny dipping?
11. Does the interest of others in me turn you on?
12. Do I come to your mind at night?
13. When was the last time you had a s#x dream?
14. Have you enjoyed watching other people have s#x?
15. How long can you last in bed?
16. Is there a song that turns you on?
17. Do I make you nervous?
18. Will seeing a tattoo on my body turn you on?
19. What’s your safe word?
20. Are you turned on right now?
21. Are you turned on by what you see?
22. What’s your favorite fantasy when you are pleasuring yourself?
23. Have you ever gone to a strip club?
24. Have you ever had s#x with a stranger?
25. Do you like massages? Would you want one with a “happy ending?”
26. What turns you on like nothing else?
27. Do you like when I talk dirty in bed? What would you like me to say to you?
28. Do you like to talk dirty to me in bed?
29. Do you get jealous when I talk about other guys, or does it turn you on a little bit?
30. When we first met, what attracted you to me?
31. Did you want to sleep with me right away?
32. What three words would you use to describe my body?
33. What makes you feel s#xy?
34. Do you want to get on top of me?
35. What is the favorite part of your body for me to start giving a massage on?
Crazy Questions to Ask Your Partner
When dating or conversing with someone new, there is a lot to cover—and we’re not just referring to the knowledge you may quickly learn from their Hinge profile. You can learn a lot about a new potential partner by using these fun crazy questions to ask your partner.
1. What is your favorite restaurant and why?
2. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever received?
3. What’s your favorite genre in movies and what is your favorite movie?
4. What is that you have always wanted to do as a child but couldn’t do?
5. If you wanted to have a collection, what would it be of?
6. Which musical instrument did you want to learn and master?
7. If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be?
8. Have you ever saved anyone’s life?
9. Have you overcome any of your phobias? If yes, how?
10. Would you like to be famous? Why and how?
11. When and where do you want to retire?
12. What are the top ten things on your bucket list?
13. What is your idea of a perfect date?
14. What overwhelms you at work?
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
16. Would you want our kids to stay with us or move out after their marriage?
17. How would you like to spend your days after we age?
18. Who inspires you to be a better person?
19. What is that one thing you value in our relationship?
20. What is that one bad and difficult habit you want to break?
21. Were you ever pulled over by a cop?
22. Name a few books you really enjoyed
23. Are there any books you would like to read?
24. If you had a superpower for one day what would you want to do?
25. If you had a choice to invite anyone in the world as your guest, who would it be?
26. What’s your favorite place that we should go to together, and why?
27. What is that one thing you don’t want to share with me?
28. Who is your favorite relative?
29. Who are you more close to – your mom or dad?
Important Questions to Ask Your Partner
Even though they fall outside of one category, there are some facts that you just have to know about your partner. These are the things to discuss with your partner regarding tastes, how you speak about one another, and perhaps even habits. Check out this list of some important questions to ask your partner.
1. Where do you see us ten years from now?
2. What life lesson did you learn from me?
3. What are your expectations in our relationship?
4. Based on your last relationship, what lesson did you learn?
5. What do you think about jealousy in relationships?
6. If you could bring me to any country, where would it be?
7. Would you rather cook food for our date or eat out?
8. Would you rather have kids or dogs?
9. What song would you dedicate to our relationship?
10. What are the things you used to believe about love but no longer do?
11. Choose only one, being loved, respected, or admired?
12. Do you believe in reincarnation?
13. Would you rather live in a big house or a tiny home?
14. Would you rather stay in a toxic but high-paying job or basic salary with an amazing company?
15. If given a chance to be immortal, would you take it?
16. Do you believe that you are good with budgeting?
17. Do you have insecurities that you want to overcome?
18. Do you think it’s possible to love two people at the same time?
19. What would be the perfect date night for you?
20. Do you have a romantic fantasy?
21. What makes you blush?
22. What do you love about me? Just pick one.
23. Wedding bells are ringing, what’s your ideal theme?
24. What aspect of our relationship should we work on?
25. What makes you jealous?
26. What makes us stronger as a couple?
27. For you, what was the biggest challenge in our relationship?
28. What do you recommend to make our relationship stronger?
Juicy Questions to Ask Your Partner
Whether you are in a relationship for six weeks or six years, these juicy questions to ask your partner are the ideal way to start a conversation, develop intimacy, and learn more about your partner. Check them out!
1. Can you recall how I moan in bed?
2. Do you like my body?
3. Is it the weather, or are you the one who is bringing in the heat?
4. Are you turned on when I get possessive about you?
5. Do you realize what you are doing to my body?
6. Do you want to do some dirty dancing with me?
7. Do you want me to leave the door open while I have a bath?
8. How would you feel if I welcomed you home without any clothes on?
9. Do you like what I’m wearing or should I take it off?
10. What do my lips taste like when we kiss?
11. What would you like for me to call you during s#x?
12. Do you want to burn some calories with me in the bedroom?
13. Can you feel my lips on yours?
14. Do you like things fast or slow?
15. Can you undress me without using your hands?
16. Can you feel me undressing you with my eyes right now?
17. Do you like when I do naughty things to you?
18. Do you know I’m going commando today?
19. Does my naked body fill you with lust?
20. Are you ready for some birthday s#x?
21. What would be your ideal lovemaking session?
22. Does seeing me in something lacy or see-through turn you on?
23. Do you like to put on music when making love?
24. Do you prefer to sleep naked or in pajamas? What about your sleeping partner?
25. How did you learn about s#x?
26. What is your dream destination for s#x?
27. Can you imagine my hands all over you?
28. Do you have any s#xual fetish?
29. Do you want to recreate a s#x scene from a movie with me?
30. Have you been attracted to any of your friends’ partners in the past?
31. What are you best at in bed?
32. Can I watch you pleasure yourself?
33. Do you want me to kiss you all over?
34. Do you want to make this our makeout spot?
Interesting Questions to Ask Your Partner
If your relationship is going to take a serious turn, knowing whether you and your partner share the same values, strive for the same kind of life, and desire the same kind of partnership is essential. These interesting questions to ask your partner will undoubtedly spark some intriguing talks if your goal is to just get to know someone better.
1. What year of high school did you like most? Why?
2. What is a big lesson you’ve learned from past relationships?
3. What famous person is living your dream life?
4. What would you most like to have invented?
5. What legacy do you hope to leave behind?
6. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
7. What do you remember about your first injury?
8. When did you last cry laughing? What was it at?
9. Tell me about a time where you were embarrassed but you can laugh about it now.
10. What was the biggest argument you ever got in with your siblings?
11. Did your siblings ever have to come to your rescue?
12. Did you like having x siblings?
13. What was it like living in x city?
14. What was your favorite present you ever received as a child?
15. What do you think your life would be like if you ended up with the job you wanted as a kid?
16. What do you think happens when we die?
17. What food would you refuse to try or what is the food you most regret trying?
18. If you could spend one year abroad anywhere, where would you spend it?
19. Did you ever get in trouble in middle school? For what?
20. What was your best birthday like?
21. Did you get along with your family in high school?
22. Who is the most competitive when you play games as a family?
23. What were holidays like when you were younger?
24. Did you have any weird nicknames as a kid?
25. What do most love about your parents?
26. If you were a state, what would be your state symbol?
27. If you could be in two places at once, where would you go?
Spicy Questions to Ask Your Partner
Finding answers to crucial questions about our lives, such as what we want to do with our lives and how to improve personal relations, can be facilitated by asking the right questions at the right times. Here, we have listed some best spicy questions to ask your partner to choose from.
1. Do you like it when I go down on you?
2. Do you like to make eye contact during s#x?
3. Can you tell me a dirty fantasy you’ve had about me?
4. Can you imagine me performing a striptease for you?
5. Which outfit of mine turns you on?
6. What do you like for me to wear to bed?
7. Tell me about your first time. Was it what you had imagined?
8. If you could have a closet full of s#x toys, what would it contain?
9. Do you watch porn? What are your favorite genres?
10. Would you be comfortable watching porn with me?
11. Are you touching yourself right now?
12. Would you like it if I sent you dirty texts at work?
13. Have you ever had multiple s#xual partners in the space of 24 hours?
14. Have you ever had a threesome?
15. What do you think about friends with benefits? Have you ever been in that situation?
16. What’s the s#xiest thing I can do for you in the bedroom?
17. Are you more about rough, dirty s#x or sensual, tender s#x?
18. Can you guess my favorite part of your body?
19. What is one thing about me that turns you on the most?
20. Now that we are friends, do you want to become friends with benefits?
21. Do you want to play doctor with me?
22. Do you want to tie me up or should I tie you?
23. Do you like roleplaying in the bedroom?
24. Are you more morning s#x or night-time s#x?
25. Can you describe the best s#xual experience you’ve had?
26. Can you talk dirty to me?
27. What would you like to do to me if I were in front of you?
28. What would you like me to do to you in the bedroom?
29. Do you think about me when you are pleasuring yourself?
30. What is the favorite s#x sound you like to hear from your partner?
31. What is the most passionate kiss you’ve ever had?
Good Questions to Ask Your Partner
Empathy, trust, and warmth can be developed through being truly open to receiving another person. The good questions to ask your partner listed below can help you develop a more personal connection with your partner. Wishing you the realization of a deeper comprehension, unending compassion, and unreserved love.
1. Will you teach me (insert passion or hobby)?
2. What can I do to make you feel better after a bad day?
3. What is your happiest memory?
4. What is the kindest thing you’ve ever done?
5. What superpower would you have if you were a villain?
6. What strange thing makes you light up?
7. How much would someone have to pay you to give up [favorite beverage] forever?
8. Who’s wedding was your favorite? Why was it special?
9. What do you wish more people asked you about?
10. What is the question that strangers ask you the most?
11. What word would you make up to add to the dictionary?
12. If you could call up one person to apologize for something, who would it be?
13. What is something you’re afraid to do but will do someday? What would make you do it?
14. If you could show up at the door of one famous person and have a thirty minute chat where they let you ask them anything, who would you choose?
15. If you had a shop, what would you sell?
16. What if you could only remember one memory? What would you choose to relive?
17. When did you first learn how to do x?
18. Who inspires you to x?
19. What is your favorite part of making x?
20. What kinds of activities do you wish you had more time for?
21. When’s the last time you felt really challenged? How did it feel?
22. What is something you’re glad you did once, but probably will never do again?
23. What is something on your bucket list we could do this year?
24. What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
25. What’s gift have you given that you’re most proud of?
26. Who was your best teacher? What made them great?
27. Do you have any favorite quotes?
28. What is the kindest thing someone else has done for you?
29. Describe your dream house.
30. If you’re sick, do you want someone to care for you, or do you prefer to be left alone?
Silly Questions to Ask Your Partner
You two are now a couple! Time to tackle a brand-new set of inquiries. The following silly questions to ask your partner can help you gauge how closely your values and beliefs align, which can indicate whether or not your relationship will endure.
1. What is your favorite place you have been?
2. Who do you miss the most?
3. Who was the first celebrity crush you remember having?
4. What is your favorite date you have ever been on?
5. Do you wish you had more or less siblings?
6. What movie, if you came across it on TV, would you stop and watch no matter what?
7. What book could you read over and over again?
8. What TV show do you most want to be friends with the characters?
9. What is an embarrassing moment you wish you could re-do?
10. If you were to have been awarded a high school superlative, what would it have been?
11. What super power do you wish that you had?
12. If you could go back and time, where would you go?
13. Would you rather have one million dollars guaranteed or flip a coin for a chance at one billion dollars?
14. What movie makes you cry every time?
15. What popular book or movie do you just not like?
16. Do you think of yourself as an introvert or an extrovert?
17. If you could have a vacation home anywhere, where would it be?
18. Would you rather explore space or explore the depths of the ocean?
19. What wild animal would you love to befriend?
20. Who was your favorite teacher?
21. What was your favorite class in high school?
22. Would you rather spend a weekend on a spa or on an adventure race?
23. What is the happiest you have ever felt?
24. What pizza topping would you absolutely never eat?
25. If you were to get a year long vacation, where would you go?
26. Which of your good friends is the least like you?
27. What is your favorite season?
28. Would you rather visit a city or a rural area?
29. Do you think money can buy happiness?
Questions to Ask Your Partner about Yourself
Probing questions tend to reveal someone’s values, characteristics, worries, and personal history, so even if they don’t lead to love or you’re already in love, they nevertheless teach you a lot about your spouse, friends, and self. So walk over this list of some questions to get to know your partner about yourself to choose from.
1. Do you like it when I wear my hair up?
2. How would you handle another guy hitting on me?
3. How have you seen me grow in the last several months?
4. Do you think I’m living up to my potential?
5. What are the three things I like about you?
6. What is my worst nightmare?
7. When I look at a woman, what is the first thing I notice?
8. What are the three things you like about me?
9. What are the three things you least like about me?
10. How do you know when I am angry?
11. How do I handle my anger?
12. When do I get jealous?
13. What is my long-term aim in life?
14. What was your very first impression of me?
15. What song makes you think of me?
16. What’s something I do that you love?
17. If one of your friends flirted with me and I told you, what would you do?
18. What makes me beautiful to you?
19. What do I do that makes you feel rejected or unloved?
20. What’s your favorite thing about me that’s not a physical feature?
21. How can I be a more supportive girlfriend?
22. When did you first realize you liked/loved me?
23. Do you smile when you think about me? Why?
24. What’s your favorite outfit that I wear?
Questions to Ask Your Partner to Deepen Your Connection
People have so many different methods of expressing their love, so it’s crucial to learn what will impact your partner the most. You may also ask your possible partner about their opinions and sentiments (past and present) towards love. Check out this list of few questions to ask your partner to deepen your connection that might inspire you.
1. What are the 10 most important things on your personal bucket list?
2. When did you last cry about something and what did you cry about?
3. If you could wake up tomorrow morning with one new skill or ability, what would you choose?
4. What do you like best about our relationship?
5. What’s something that you’d like to try, but that you’re too scared to try?
6. If all of your friends were asked to describe you, which friend’s description would be the most accurate and why?
7. If you could choose anyone in the world, living or dead, to have in our home as a dinner guest, who would you choose and why?
8. If you could choose the activities to do that would make a perfect day, what would you choose?
9. If you had a crystal ball that could tell you anything at all about your life that you don’t already know, what would you ask it to tell you?
10. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
11. What was your favorite book (or movie) as a child and why did you like it so much?
12. What’s the one thing about yourself that you would most like to change?
13. What would be your dream vacation?
14. What are three qualities you admire about yourself?
15. What are three qualities you admire about me?
16. What’s one of your best memories from when we were dating?
17. What was your favorite place to go as a child and why did you love it there?
18. If you could be any character in a book (or movie), who would you choose to be?
19. If all of a sudden you knew that you had six weeks left to live, what would you want to do in the time you had left?
20. What three things in your life could you not imagine doing without?
21. Let’s say that our house is on fire, but you know that our family members and pets are safe. What things would you want to rescue from the fire and why?
22. If someone gave you enough money to start a business—no strings attached—what kind of business would you want to start?
23. What are the five things that you are most thankful for right now?
24. If you could possess one artistic talent (painting, sculpture, composing music, writing, etc.), which talent would you choose and why?
25. If you could be an Olympic or professional athlete, what sport would you choose and why?
26. Do you see yourself in our kid(s)? If so, how?
27. When you were a kid, did you think about having kids yourself one day? If so, how many and what did you imagine doing with them?
28. What’s one of the most adventurous things you have ever done?
Questions to Ask Your Partner about Your Relationship
Any relationship needs to have open communication. Problems may arise over time if you don’t talk about your relationship and where it’s going. You two can build the relationship you want with the help of these relationship questions to ask your partner.
1. What scares you the most in a relationship?
2. What’s your favorite date that we’ve been on?
3. Are you a relationship starter or a finisher?
4. What do you value most: free time, recognition, or money?
5. Was jealousy ever an impediment for either of you in doing something freely?
6. What would you enjoy doing more of together?
7. In the past week, what are you most grateful for in this relationship?
8. Is there enough humor in our relationship?
9. Do you feel accepted for who you are?
10. Are your needs being met?
11. What in this relationship has been hard for you to deal with?
12. What in past relationships has been hard to deal with?
13. What has made you feel not free?
14. How have you felt fulfilled in our relationship?
15. When have you been most joyful in our relationship?
16. Are you living your life purpose, or are you still searching?
17. What’s the best (and worst) item in your fridge, right this moment?
18. Are you useful in a relationship crisis?
19. If you could sit down with your 15-year old self, what would you say?
20. Name three things that make you love me – that most people wouldn’t notice.
21. When it comes down to it, why are you in a relationship?
22. Can you tell when someone is lying/telling the truth?
23. What do you think the future has in store for your relationship?
24. Was your relationship initially more of a “spark of the moment” type of thing?
Questions to Ask Your Partner before Marriage
You’re probably accustomed to asking questions as they come up and, ideally, to discovering new things about your partner. But since there’s always more to learn, here are a few questions to ask your partner before marriage to start serious discussions about what your marriage might actually mean, why you’re getting married, and how you’ll handle challenging situations in the future.
1. What’s your favorite movie or television wedding scene?
2. How long would you want to take to plan our wedding?
3. What do you picture us doing on our first wedding anniversary?
4. Does marriage excite you? Why or why not?
5. What does marriage mean to you?
6. How do you think being married will change our relationship?
7. Do marriage and having children coincide for you?
8. Why is it important to you that we get married on this date?
9. Have you always envisioned yourself having kids?
10. What kind of parent do you think each of us would be?
11. Would you be open to adoption?
12. How do you think you would handle pregnancy and labor?
13. How do you think you would handle the adoption process?
14. When did you know that you wanted to marry me?
15. What did you picture your wedding looking like when you were little?
16. How many children do you envision us having?
17. What are the values you’d like to instill in our children?
18. Which of your best characteristics do our children have?
19. What are your thoughts on signing a prenuptial agreement?
20. Do you want to live in a household where both people work?
21. Do you believe in couples therapy?
22. What is your definition of a spouse?
23. How much input are we going to let our families have in wedding planning?
24. What’s the best wedding you’ve ever been to and why?
25. What would your ideal wedding budget be?
26. What are your opinions on divorce?
27. If we could do anything, where do you see us being in 20 years?
5 Tips for Choosing Questions to Ask Your Partner
There is a quite simple technique to improve your relationship – using questions to ask your significant other. Fortunately, it’s also a lot of fun (even if it can get heavy sometimes). Through the development of trust, mutual understanding, and compassion, an honest and open conversation can help in bringing couples closer. These questions to ask partner help us gain the essential level of understanding, enabling us to comprehend why our partner behaves or thinks in a particular manner. Here are 5 tips to choose best questions to get to know your partner.
1. Choose what you want to learn: You and your partner won’t always agree because there are no ideal people in the world. To find out if you and your partner are on the same page, you must maintain your attention on what you want from the relationship. The secret to enduring love is frequently open communication. So your questions should be intriguing and easy to comprehend.
2. Be passionate: Keep in mind that you must be willing to listen when asking your partner a private question. You might hear a response that surprises you or that you don’t want to hear. However, it’s crucial to avoid criticizing or getting angry with your partner. Consider what your partner has said for a moment before replying if you find yourself astonished or upset. Your questions shouldn’t be too punchy and private.
3. Be prepared to respond to any private questions your partner may want to ask you in return. Relationships require both give and take. Try a few random funny questions for a chuckle if you need to lighten the mood after sharing personal information with one another.
4. Being a great listener is the most crucial thing to keep in mind when attempting to get to know someone. You’ve oiled the wheels for whatever subject you and your partner will talk about next by paying close attention, so when that time arrives, neither of you will feel compelled to continue the back-and-forth.
5. The simple and realistic questions can spice your conversations besides knowing about your boyfriend on a deeper level, so shape your questions according to the nature of your partner.
Whether you and your partner are just starting out a relationship or have been together for a while, there are probably some things you don’t know about them.
It’s important to get to know your partner at the beginning of a relationship. Inquiring about someone’s upbringing and general preferences or habits can give you a good understanding of their personality.
Keeping that in mind, we proceeded and came up with a long list of questions to ask your partner that we hope would either support your idea or help you discover a little bit more about your partner, even if you already believe you know every story, quirk, and foreplay move they have.
Some of our questions to ask your partner may make you smile, while others can help you become more fluent in conversation. When you have your next at-home date night, think about making a nice location where you can discuss your responses and turn it into a fun couples game.
Another smart move is to save these questions to ask your significant other for when you’re bored and return to them intermittently or regularly. Use this list of thoughtful questions to get to know your partner – all of which are intended to strengthen your bond.