Delve into the world of profound connection as we present you with a curated collection of over 250 deep questions to ask your partner.
These questions have been designed to foster intimacy and understanding in your relationship.
In this exploration, you’ll find questions that transcend the surface, enabling you and your partner to get to know each other.
With these questions you will open up, communicate authentically, and deepen your bond through meaningful conversations.
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner Before Marriage
Before embarking on the journey of marriage, uncover the important aspects of your partner’s thoughts and aspirations. These deep relationship questions before marriage pave the way for discussions that set a strong foundation for your shared life ahead.
1. How are we already great at communication? How can we improve?
2. How much say do children have in a family?
3. How comfortable are you around children?
4. Would you be opposed to having our parents watch the children so we can spend time alone together?
5. If we were to come up with a mission statement about our relationship, what would you want it to say?
6. Do you want kids, and how many kids do you want?
7. If there is a disagreement between your family and me, how would you decide whose side you would choose?
8. What are your views on infidelity?
9. What are your religious views on marriage?
10. What values do you want to install in your children?
11. Would you be willing to seek medical treatment if we couldn’t have kids naturally?
12. Would you be willing to go to marriage counseling if we were having marital problems or even if we just wanted to build our marriage?
13. What if our children didn’t want to go to college?
14. What are your views on birth control?
15. How do you want to discipline your kids?
16. What would you do if one of your kids said they were questioning their gender or sexuality?
17. Would you rather be rich and miserable or poor and happy?
18. Who will make the biggest decisions of the household?
19. How do you handle disagreements in general?
20. Would you ever consider divorce?
21. Would you rather discuss issues as they arise or wait until you have a few problems?
22. How will we handle parental decision-making?
23. When we feel like we’re changing in different directions or drifting apart, what are some things you think we could do to get closer?
24. How can I help you relax or support you when you’re feeling super stressed?
26. Would you put your children in private or public school?
27. What are your thoughts on home schooling?
28. Would you be willing to adopt if we couldn’t have kids?
29. What would you do if someone said something bad about me?
30. What’s more important: work or family?
31. What are your political views?
32. How would you communicate you aren’t satisfied sexually?
33. What is the best way to handle disagreements in a marriage if we’re both feeling angry?
34. How can I be better at communicating with you?
35. Do you believe it’s OK to discipline your child in public?
36. Are there situations where you would you follow the advice of your family before your spouse?
37. How do you feel about paying for your kid’s college education?
38. How far apart do you want kids?
39. Would you want someone to stay home with the kids or use day care?
40. How would you feel if our kids wanted to join the military rather than go to college?
41. What do you believe the role of a spouse is?
42. Who should do household chores?
43. Do you believe people can make poor decisions and still be good people? Why or why not?
44. How involved do you want grandparents to be in our parenting?
45. Are you willing to work on our marriage as life throws challenges at us? What does that kind of work look like to you?
46. How do you feel about debt?
47. What are your views on spending money?
48. What if we both want something but can’t afford both?
49. Would you share all money with your spouse or split the money into different accounts?
50. What are your views on saving money?
51. How well do you budget?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner Over Text
In our digital age, even profound conversations can happen over text. Explore a new realm of connection deep questions to ask significant other over text that encourage thoughtful exchanges and enable you to know your significant other on a deeper level, no matter the distance.
1. Has anyone ever walked in on you being intimate with someone?
2. Are you missing me?
3. If I walked into your office and shut the door, what would you do with me?
4. Is there something you would like me to do when you come back home?
5. Where would you kiss me after coming back home?
6. How would you describe our relationship in one word?
7. What is the most elaborate thing you would buy if you were a billionaire?
8. What physical action or gesture touch best says “I love you” to you?
9. Have you eaten your lunch?
10. If you were a rapper, what would your name be?
11. If you could interview an alien, what would you ask them?
12. What fantasy creature do you wish was real?
13. What is one thing you have been wanting to tell me but have not yet?
14. What would you prefer right now – tea, coffee, or me?
15. What is something you have always wanted to tell me but couldn’t?
16. What is the biggest thing you miss about me now?
17. What’s the first thing you would do if you became president?
18. In a movie of your life, who would play each of the characters?
19. What would you do first if you woke up as the opposite gender?
20. Where do you like me to kiss you?
21. When was the time you’ve felt the closest to me?
22. If animals could talk, which species do you think you would get on with best, and the least?
23. What would be your game plan if there was a zombie apocalypse?
24. If you were a superhero, who would be your sidekick and what would your powers be?
25. The next time we are together, what is one thing you’d like me to do to you?
26. What is one thing I can do to be a better boyfriend/girlfriend to you?
27. What is the first thing you noticed about me?
28. If you could make one legal thing illegal, what would it be?
29. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
30. If you could invent a new holiday, what would it be and what would it involve?
31. If you could kill of any TV character, who would it be?
32. If you had a time machine, which period would you travel back to?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner to Build Intimacy
Forge a closer emotional bond with your spouse through intimate conversations. These deep questions to ask your spouse to build intimacy offer an avenue to explore your desires, fears, and dreams, creating a safe space for vulnerability and emotional growth.
1. What did you first notice about me?
2. How would you react if I wholly and drastically changed my appearance?
3. Are special occasions like Valentine’s Day important to you?
4. At what moment did you realize that you loved me?
5. Do you think it’s important to be vulnerable in a relationship?
6. How important is physical attraction to you in a relationship?
7. Is there anything about me you hope and wish never changes?
8. What do you find most attractive about my personality?
9. Would our relationship still work if we found out that one of us couldn’t have children?
10. Do you think we give each other enough alone time?
11. To you, is it more important to have a solid physical attraction or have true companionship in a relationship?
12. Do you think we spend enough quality time together?
13. What qualities do I have that you love the most?
14. Are there any new things you want to try/experience together?
15. How do you feel when you see me again after time apart?
16. What costume would you like me to wear next time we are being intimate together?
17. If you had to change one thing about yourself to better this relationship, what would it be and why?
18. What part of your body do you enjoy being kissed the most?
19. What’s more important to you, physical intimacy or deep conversations?
20. What activities do you enjoy doing most with me?
21. Do you think I show you enough care and affection when we’re together?
22. Is there anything I could do for you that I don’t already?
23. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learnt while being with me?
24. What’s your most cherished memory of our relationship so far?
25. Would you prefer me to be loving and caring when you get upset or leave you to take some time?
26. Do you see us growing old together? What would our life look like?
27. What do you think about using candles for our next date night?
28. What’s something you miss that we used to do more of?
29. Do you think we should travel more before we settle down?
30. What weaknesses in our relationship do we need to work on?
31. Are you someone that nurtures or protects people around them?
32. Is there anything you wish you could do, but you’re embarrassed to try?
33. Have your priorities changed over time, or have they always remained the same?
34. Do you feel like we handle conflict in the right way?
35. What’s something you admire about me?
36. Have I ever done something that inspired you?
37. What’s something you would never change about yourself?
38. What memories of our time together do you cherish?
39. Do you have any recurring dreams about me?
40. Has being with me taught you anything you didn’t know about yourself?
41. What personal accomplishment makes you most proud?
42. Do you have any fantasies you want to explore with me?
43. What three words would your parents use to describe you?
44. Do you feel like I listen to you when you’re concerned about something?
45. Do you see children in our future? What would they be like?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner to Beat Relationship Boredom
Inject excitement and novelty into your relationship by delving into deep questions to ask your partner to have fun. Spark new insights, share laughs, and rediscover each other with engaging conversations.
1. What was your funniest subject in high school & which one did you dread?
2. If you could afford it at this moment, what would you buy?
3. What is the greatest goal you want to achieve in the next five years?
4. What is one attribute of your mother that you see in yourself?
5. Do you think you are hard on yourself?
6. Do you have any phobias?
7. When home alone, do you shut the door when you use the bathroom?
8. What are five things you are grateful for?
9. If you could own the world’s largest collection of anything, what would it be?
10. How did your mother and father meet?
11. Would you rather be a painter, writer or musician?
12. What is the most boring thing you can think of doing?
13. What one month on the calendar would you like to eliminate?
14. What age would you like to be for the rest of your life?
15. What would you like to build if you knew how?
16. Who would you like to have a closer relationship with?
17. What do you think happens to you when you die?
18. Would you rather be on the cover of Time, People or Food & Wine magazine?
19. What would you do with one week to do anything, all expenses paid?
20. What signs of aging are you starting to see in yourself?
21. What is the worst job you ever had?
22. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
23. Would you rather skydive or bungee jump?
24. What is your ideal type of party to attend?
25. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
26. What was your favorite family tradition?
27. Have you ever won anything?
28. Who was the best boss you ever had?
29. What would an ideal day look like?
30. Which game show would you like to be on?
31. If you weren’t doing what you do now for a career, what would you do?
32. If you won a multi-million dollar lottery what would you do with the money?
33. What famous person would you want to meet?
34. What is your favorite memory about us?
35. Would you like to be famous? For what?
36. If you could change something about the way you were raised what would it be?
37. What super power do you wish you had?
38. Have you ever stolen anything before?
39. What grosses you out?
40. Did you have any pets growing up?
41. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
42. When’s the last time you cried?
43. What do you hope your life looks like in five years?
44. What do you want to be remembered for?
45. What is one thing you wish that you were really good at?
46. What type of scent do you like on a woman?
47. What did you want to be when you grew up?
48. What did your parent name you after?
49. What hobby would you like to take up together?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Partner to Strengthen Your Relationship
Navigate the depths of your partnership with a range of thought-provoking questions. Whether you’re newly in love or have shared years together, these questions foster understanding and connection, helping your relationship thrive.
1. Is there a song which you think could be ’our song?’
2. Will you continue saying I love you till our last breath together?
3. Would you like to renew our vows in a church with family and friends when we hit our 25th anniversary?
4. If you met an attractive woman, would you tell her you are married?
5. What do you feel about doing something together, like play a sport or join a salsa class or painting class? What would you like to do together?
6. What kind of house would you like to have with me? An apartment complex or a stand-alone bungalow with a garden?
7. When do you feel the closest to me?
8. Do you think it is important to tell each other how much we love them or miss them? Do these words matter to you?
9. Would you like our kids to look like you or me?
10. Do you remember birthdays and anniversaries (including ours), or do you wait for social media to remind you?
11. Do you enjoy getting flowers from me?
12. What did you notice about me first?
13. Do you think I am a good wife? Are you proud of me?
14. How would you like to help with the housework?
15. Is physical attraction an important part of whether you pursue a romantic relationship with someone?
16. Do you usually have a type? How did I fit with this type?
17. If you were having trouble at work, would you share it with me?
18. Do you like to go for long walks or drives with me?
19. Would you lick the same ice-cream with me?
20. When you tell other people about me, what do you say?
21. What would you want me to tell other people about you?
22. How would you feel if my appearance changed over time, such as if I put on weight?
23. What traits about me are special to you?
24. When you see me, what is the first thought that generally comes to your mind?
25. Do you ever look at people of the opposite sex?
26. How would you react if my appearance changed considerably overnight, such as if I dyed my hair a new color?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
Connect with your boyfriend on a profound level by deep questions to ask a guy that unearth his innermost thoughts and feelings. Explore topics that go beyond the everyday and strengthen your emotional connection.
1. If I had an incurable disease, would you still spend the rest of your life with me?
2. Besides my physical features, what attracted you to me?
3. Would you still buy me flowers if I was 70?
4. If there is no one on the dance floor, would you still dance with me?
5. What is your favorite childhood memory?
6. Would you say you have a “type”? Do I fit what you thought you were looking for?
7. Do I possess any of the traits you wanted in an ideal partner?
8. I hope it never happens but, would you ever risk your life in order to save mine?
9. Would you let me be your support system in your life?
10. Describe our love life in one word?
11. Do I make you feel at home?
12. Would you move far away from me, if you get your dream job?
13. Will you create a music playlist for us?
14. Do you always want me when you want to have a deep conversation?
15. Do you think I would say no if you asked to go with your boys?
16. Would you say I am the reason for your happiness?
17. Do you love to kiss me on the forehead?
18. What new things have you learned about yourself after our relationship has started?
19. If we are in public, would you kiss me?
20. Which spot do you absolutely love for us to chill out?
Deep Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Kindle a deeper connection with your girlfriend through deep questions to ask a girl that invite her to share her dreams, values, and aspirations. Foster intimacy and show her that you genuinely care about her thoughts and emotions.
1. What is your definition of soulmates?
2. What do you think is most important for communicating in our relationship?
3. What is your idea of a picture-perfect date?
4. How many kids do you see yourself having?
5. What’s the number one thing that you think makes a relationship last?
6. What does marriage mean to you?
7. What are you most thankful for?
8. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
9. Do you think anyone lives their life to the fullest?
10. Where do you see yourself in the coming five years?
11. Do you believe in hard work or destiny?
12. How would your friends describe you?
13. Where do you find solace when you are upset?
14. Are you addicted to anything in your life?
15. Who motivates you to work hard?
16. Do you think that time does heal the wounds?
17. Which movie or song would best describe our current relationship status?
18. Who is that one person who inspires you to work harder?
19. What is your biggest fear?
20. What do you feel about feminism?
21. What are the three things you value most in life?
22. When do you think a person is ready for marriage?
23. Do you believe in second chances?
24. What’s the one thing that bothers you most about today’s lifestyle?
25. What makes you angry?
26. What impresses you the most in a man?
27. What do you think is the best part of your personality?
28. What event from the past would you like to watch a recording of?
29. What scares you most about your future?
30. What is your biggest complaint about your family?
31. Any worst date experience?
32. How would you describe your past relationship in one word?
We hope you enjoyed this journey of profound exploration and connection with our collection of deep questions, crafted to strengthen your relationship.
These thought-provoking queries are designed to delve beyond the surface and foster genuine intimacy and understanding.
Whether you’re looking to deepen your connection before marriage or reignite the spark these questions offer a gateway to a deep conversation with your partner.
Unveil layers of your partner’s thoughts, aspirations, and emotions, and create a space where vulnerability and closeness thrive.
The power of these conversations lies in their potential to transform your relationship into a deeper, more fulfilling partnership.